We cracked the ton interstate!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We cracked the ton interstate!

Worth its own thread.

Bloody hard to do and great effort today score so many goals, particularly with little impact from Roo

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Re: We cracked the ton interstate!

saintspremiers wrote:Worth its own thread.

Bloody hard to do and great effort today score so many goals, particularly with little impact from Roo

Always loyal
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I'm not getting excited about being flogged by five goals. Bugger that. We need to aim higher

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

100 points is a good effort. They got a few goals very late.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I'm not getting excited about being flogged by five goals. Bugger that. We need to aim higher
We weren't flogged. We tired. We were only 9 points down a third of the way through the last

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
howlinwolf
Club Player

To me a flogging is when you were NEVER in the hunt all day and lost by a heap.
If that was the worst flogging we ever had I'd be happy !
Think about round 14 2015, Stkilda v E'dope.
25.12 162 to 8.4 52
That is a flogging

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
I love the saints!
Club Player

The umps just would not give us anything! The whole Dixon no mark and dropping the ball play on call when it should have been our free was the worst! And they got a goal out of it.

In STKFC we trust.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I'm not getting excited about being flogged by five goals. Bugger that. We need to aim higher
Of course we need to aim higher but

Did you seriosuly expect us to win today Carl .... Interstate?

Did you seriosuly think we would be in front of 3 quarter time ....... Interstate?

If you werent happy with our efforts today coming off a seriously interrupted pre season against a seriously diificult opponent in a rabid away environment then you are seriously deluded

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
The_President
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:To me a flogging is when you were NEVER in the hunt all day and lost by a heap.
If that was the worst flogging we ever had I'd be happy !
Think about round 14 2015, Stkilda v E'dope.
25.12 162 to 8.4 52
That is a flogging
I reckon we'll fade out of a few more games this year. Not through lack of effort. Just overall conditioning. A lot of 2-3 year guys in the system who haven't built up the proper tank yet.. still probably on slightly modified programs.

George27
Club Player

I agree with OP. The last 40 minutes were extremely disappointing. However, what preceded it was excellent . We showed some very good signs. So pleased to see Joey make a significant contribution in his 250th.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

What I found so exciting today was so many of our goals came from hard over lapping running through the centre of the ground. Our link up play was often brilliant - it had me jumping out of my seat in excitement sometimes. WE ran through the centre of ground in waves. Just when you thought it had reached a dead end Acres or Newnes or Ross would sprint through in space and open it up again.

Look at these possession numbers - Steven 36, Ross 30, Monty 29, Armo 28, Gilbo 27, Weller 21, Newnes 26, Savage 25, Acres 22, Billings 22, Robeton 20, Hickey 20.

I can't remember the last time we had midfield coverage like that. Even under Lyon we had our fab four but then it dropped off so quick. Those numbers come from players being encouraged to break the lines and get forward knowing they will have support there if they get in trouble. It takes really hard two way running and trust in your team-mates that they will have run hard to support you if you get into trouble.

And there is still so much upside in Acres, Gresham, Freeman to come - Dunstan was down today maybe because he copped a hit to the hip early. Billings has plenty more in him, Lonie did a bit onball but can do more. I'm loving this depth in the midfield. Its what we've been missing. It makes us such a multi-dimensional scoring team instead of relying on Roo and Bruce to clunk a big mark. It's damn exciting.

Oh and Lyon's team kicked 5 goals today in total :shock: Good luck with that Rosco.

firthy
Club Player

All today means is that we are on the same level as Carlton , ground hog day from last year.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:What I found so exciting today was so many of our goals came from hard over lapping running through the centre of the ground. Our link up play was often brilliant - it had me jumping out of my seat in excitement sometimes. WE ran through the centre of ground in waves. Just when you thought it had reached a dead end Acres or Newnes or Ross would sprint through in space and open it up again.

Look at these possession numbers - Steven 36, Ross 30, Monty 29, Armo 28, Gilbo 27, Weller 21, Newnes 26, Savage 25, Acres 22, Billings 22, Robeton 20, Hickey 20.

I can't remember the last time we had midfield coverage like that. Even under Lyon we had our fab four but then it dropped off so quick. Those numbers come from players being encouraged to break the lines and get forward knowing they will have support there if they get in trouble. It takes really hard two way running and trust in your team-mates that they will have run hard to support you if you get into trouble.

And there is still so much upside in Acres, Gresham, Freeman to come - Dunstan was down today maybe because he copped a hit to the hip early. Billings has plenty more in him, Lonie did a bit onball but can do more. I'm loving this depth in the midfield. Its what we've been missing. It makes us such a multi-dimensional scoring team instead of relying on Roo and Bruce to clunk a big mark. It's damn exciting.

Oh and Lyon's team kicked 5 goals today in total :shock: Good luck with that Rosco.
Ross the Toss would be spewing his team can't kick backwards and sideways forever now with the interchange cap draining energy from players quicker!