No excuse for not beating the pies tomorrow.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

George27
Club Player

Re: No excuse for not beating the pies tomorrow.

samuraisaint wrote:You tipped this Locals322 - Respect. I didn't see it coming but what a day it was to be at the MCG to watch the Saints come marching in.
Agree. Well done Locals322. That was as enjoyable - and perhaps as important - a win as we have had in the last 4 years, and so good to beat that mob. With our numbers down in the last quarter , I expected them to challenge us, but everyone stood up and kept running and gunning. Super super four quarter effort. Will be watching the replay more than once this coming week!

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Sucks to be right Locals322.
Go to a Collingwood page instead.
Great day at the G

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

50/50 chance. I knew if I said we were better we would've lost today so worked out well happy with the win :lol:
Last edited by LTN16 on Sat 09 Apr 2016 7:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Troll backfire
Not really > eyes on the prize > #1 pick

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Notice how he ain't here after we have a win = troll

Locals322
Club Player

LTN16 wrote: Haha their youth is much better then ours..
Nah
LTN16 wrote:Notice how he ain't here after we have a win = troll
Yeah :)

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Locals322 wrote:
LTN16 wrote:We are not ahead of Collingwood and are lucky to be even ahead of Melbourne

Why not?

Pies played finals recently and now their rebuilds is ahead of ours. Get fair dinkium. :lol:
They last played finals in 2013. They started a rebuild in 2014. In theory we should be two years ahead of them and today showed the theory correct.
This game was always a non-negotiable win as far as I am concerned would of been utterly unthinkable to lose to this 'Collingwood' team and not an excuse in the world would of justified it! As it turns out we showed some signs.

dragit wrote:
Locals322 wrote:And that's the problem, lost pace with the Bulldogs fine they are exceptional. The pies are BUMS as are Melbourne and we have to be ahead of them!
Has anyone commenting here actually watched the pies play this season? vs our effort against Port do you really actually think they'll get near us?

Yet we should thrash them?

Bookies have Collingwood clear favourites, so go nuts.
Yes we should and did thrash them. Lol at the bookies. Who needs the bookies when you've got locals calling the shots. AS I put out so eloquently yesterday losing to Colllingwood just wouldn't of been possible today.

Not sure if it's blind pessimism or straight up stupidity that no one had this down as a win, hope everyone enjoyed the game.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So big fella locals, I assume you've forgotten to tell us how you cleaned up the bookies eh?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.