2018 Line up. Good enough for a flag?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2018 Line up. Good enough for a flag?

SMS wrote:
saynta wrote:
SMS wrote:Come on grow up.

Hes working construction. They are drug tested. We'll be first to know if hes stuffed up.
Hes in talks with the boys and others at club. And hes having surgery ... You think hes on cocaine now? Ffs it was a holiday thing everyone does cept very stupid decision to snapchat and very asshole degenerate so called mates profiting off it. All reports carlisle is a good person. I have full faith he will come back fitter than ever. I have full faith he now appreciates $550k pa. and i have full faith as a 24 year old he is ready to grow up.

Get excited we have signed a 200cm skilled backman capable of AA and more.
Taking illicite drugs on holidays is not something everybody does ffs.
Not everyone but the majority. These are boys in there 20s with cash. Obvioulsy you would be shocked. And the stars who do it. Only difference between them and cousins?? They arent addicted and keep it to the off season and down low.

Nothing shocks me these days mate.

felix
Club Player

bigred wrote:
SMS wrote:
The_President wrote:There is every chance that Carlisle will never play a game in the red white and black
Why?

He is working hard, talking to the boys, telling everyone how he cant wait to be a saint, he has bought in to the saints journey .... Hes getting the Hip surgery needed and rest. He is a gun. Whats the problem?

He is growing up.
Can I ask how you know this?

For all we know he is doing blow off a hookers boob right now.
What's wrong with that !! They are or where very close teammates.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:
bigred wrote:
SMS wrote:
The_President wrote:There is every chance that Carlisle will never play a game in the red white and black
Why?

He is working hard, talking to the boys, telling everyone how he cant wait to be a saint, he has bought in to the saints journey .... Hes getting the Hip surgery needed and rest. He is a gun. Whats the problem?

He is growing up.
Can I ask how you know this?

For all we know he is doing blow off a hookers boob right now.
What's wrong with that !! They are or where very close teammates.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I have a rule of thumb that you need 6 A graders to win a flag. 6 doesnt guarantee you a flag but it gets you close. Then you still need another 16 good players and a good coach. But if you dont have your 6 A graders you have no chance. This is why a side like the Tigers are pretenders. They only have 3 - maybe 4 at a stretch. The Hawks still have 7 - Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Lewis, Roughead, Gibson and Gunston but of those, three are old and one is injured. Norf probably have 6 which makes them a chance this year if they get a dream run with injuries.

But Saints 2018:

Well I think we can say Billings will be A Grade as will Steven. So that is 2 certainties. Then I would add McCartin as a probable. Carlisle as a probable. Then Ross is a possible. So that is 5 already. Then we only need one more from Freeman, Acres, Hickey, Lonie, Goddard, Gresham and our 2016 first rounder (top 10). So according to this rule of thumb we have a real chance of being genuine contenders. The trouble is you could mount a decent argument that GWS will have 8-10 A graders in 2018 so we might have to aim for 2020 realistically.

70s sainter
Club Player

A free agent will be the 6th

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So we count possibles and probables?

White, McKenzie, Acres, Freeman are possibles
There's 10

Goddards a maybe?
There's 11

What about Sinclair, Rice, O'Kearney and Coughlin??? Who knows

And have we forgot Armo?

Seems the '18 premiership is a fait accompli

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:
SMS wrote:Come on grow up.

Hes working construction. They are drug tested. We'll be first to know if hes stuffed up.
Hes in talks with the boys and others at club. And hes having surgery ... You think hes on cocaine now? Ffs it was a holiday thing everyone does cept very stupid decision to snapchat and very asshole degenerate so called mates profiting off it. All reports carlisle is a good person. I have full faith he will come back fitter than ever. I have full faith he now appreciates $550k pa. and i have full faith as a 24 year old he is ready to grow up.

Get excited we have signed a 200cm skilled backman capable of AA and more.
Taking illicite drugs on holidays is not something everybody does ffs.
Really? I would have thought its quite common. Let's forget the misleading 'illicit' label and include alcohol in the mix, which is no more or less an 'illicit' drug than amphetamines, cannabis etc. In fact it is far more damaging than cannabis in the least.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

They'll be a couple of handy recruits in that side too.

Long Term Injury
Club Player

fugazi wrote:I personally would like to see Membrey develop into a tough mid size forward who can make his way into that team.
Also a spot for Heppell would be nice
Agreed Fugazi, I think Membrey will be a very handy footballer... reads the game well, has good agility and works well up and down the ground. Has a decent set of hands... he reminds me a bit of the redhead we shipped off to adelaide... I always liked his smarts as well.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend