We Won!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

We Won!!!

Minutes to go and we are level with the Top of the ladder team - how many teams this year can claim this!

I am not happy with the loss - I am not accepting mediocrity - But F@RK, didn't a bunch of players who last year were not going to win a game, and this year even the most optimistic of us were only expecting 7-10 wins, take you to the edge of your seat!

Who amongst you did not love that game!

Who amongst you did not love the passion!

Complain, sook, raise your voices and yell against the wind - I will be - I know!

But sh!t - when was the last time you stood at the ebd of the game and said - "BRING ON NEXT WEEK!!!!!!"

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Won!!!

No we didn't

Scoreboard says otherwise

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

We are 2 and five, that is the grim reality. If a few things had gone our way the ledger might say 4 and 3. f****** umpires

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely robbed twice... That's ok

Umpires are sacrosanct

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The umpiring is destroying the game...I said to mates before the game I hope the umps dont stuff it up...if that is the mindset of a supporter then where is the game going ? The Umpires should not be given any consideration but unfortunately they are becoming the main focus. :cry:

stkfc1
Club Player

Cant help but wonder "What if?" had Carlisle not been suspended. We'd probably be 4-3 right now and seriously look at a finals berth this year the way we're playing. We will be right amongst it next year. Bring it on!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Thread title should be 'We were ROBBED"

Not sure if we would have won, but I'm sure we were robbed

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
longtimesaint
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:We are 2 and five, that is the grim reality. If a few things had gone our way the ledger might say 4 and 3. f****** umpires
It is bad that we are two games behind a team like Melbourne but when you look at the draw you can see why.
The AFL gave us probably the hardest first 8 rounds with 5 top 8 teams in the first 8 rounds and three of them away interstate.
When you compare that to the Bulldogs with the first 7 at Etihad including Carlton and Brisbane.

One year will be our year
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:
bigcarl wrote:We are 2 and five, that is the grim reality. If a few things had gone our way the ledger might say 4 and 3. f****** umpires
It is bad that we are two games behind a team like Melbourne but when you look at the draw you can see why.
The AFL gave us probably the hardest first 8 rounds with 5 top 8 teams in the first 8 rounds and three of them away interstate.
When you compare that to the Bulldogs with the first 7 at Etihad including Carlton and Brisbane.
Hey, we're a game behind Carlton ,,, which I'm not sure it's a fair indication of where the two teams are at. Until they fix the Mickey Mouse fixture that's always going to be a problem.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:
Hey, we're a game behind Carlton ,,, which I'm not sure it's a fair indication of where the two teams are at. Until they fix the Mickey Mouse fixture that's always going to be a problem.
Con there have been only 7 games and so your comment is irrelevant at this stage of the season as even if we played every team twice in the full season, at Round 7 the fixture has to be a luck dip as you will have only played less than half the teams.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We did win!
The fact is we are not going to play finals this year and probably not next year either.
The win we had is knowing we're on the right track, with the right game plan to mix it with the best for the second time in a few weeks.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:We did win!
The fact is we are not going to play finals this year and probably not next year either.
The win we had is knowing we're on the right track, with the right game plan to mix it with the best for the second time in a few weeks.
Amen to that!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I was proud of our effort today, but something has to be done about the umpires. It cant continue. This is 2016. The umpires that put in that kind of performance should be dropped off the panel. They are umpiring as if they have been paid off.

To the top
SS Life Member

Head Office dictates.

The AFL as a competition is long since dead and buried.

It is run to stoke the egos of the faunicated morons who administer it.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I was proud of our effort today, but something has to be done about the umpires. It cant continue. This is 2016. The umpires that put in that kind of performance should be dropped off the panel. They are umpiring as if they have been paid off.
I have to think that the of the oft-quoted aphorism "Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done."

Umpires must not only be impartial - they must be seen to be impartial - and we all know that evening up the free kick count at the end of the day with cheap frees happens - it needs to be more consistent - and this has been an issue since we have had more than 1 umpire - I would rather that the umpire miss some frees because s/he is caught behind play than having one umpire paying one thing at one end and the other not paying the same thing at the other.

Call me a traditionalist - but whilst we always hated the umpire when I was growing up, rarely would we go away wondering why something was paid in one scenario, and not others.

― Aristophanes

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Well in my head we have won 4, and deservedly lost the other 3. Oh well at the end of season where we finish on the ladder won't look much worse than if we had those wins. To me 9th to 14th is all about the same.

linz
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:We did win!
Well said. It's not all about the now1

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We've had a very tough FIXture to start the year. Next week the unbeatable at home Eagles.

2 wins and 2 very small losses is a pretty decent start to the year all things considered.

The following week we play the drugfucked topups and finally an easy game!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

This is how I feel. It didn't fall our way at the end but eh. Yes you want to win to get that winning arrogance, but we were right there at the very end with the ladder leaders. We've got huge upsides to come. We'll probably still have some disappointing games as a young up and down team, but it feels like we are becoming more consistent, more able to hang in against the very good teams and not get blown out of the water. And our ability to score quickly in bursts is going to make team be cautious against us.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We-won, We-won sounds like a sad little siren :(