Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes for next week

Bluthy wrote:Now I'm in a more sober state, upon reflection I was rather rash in proposing the expulsion of a certain Mr Membrey after another goal scoring spree from the taped-shouldered one. Was just keen to get Paddy in. He might need to wait another week.
Apology not accepted.

Mods please ban him for such a preposterous suggestion!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stkfc1
Club Player

Sounds like a few sore bodies after the game. Hickey looked very proppy. We may need to bring in a 2nd ruckman or even give Hickey a rest. He has been unbelievably good. Its funny, for all the noise about Gawn, Goldy and Mummy, no one in the media is giving the guy whos flying past them a second thought. Roberton sounds like he's ready to go but do we give a run in 2nds first up? Its going to be an interesting dellema when he come back. He's definitely in our best 22 but who comes out? Gresh or Minch probably and Gilbo goes Mid/Forward or do we rest/manage Chips and Shinner a bit? They're both playing good enough football to go round again next year barring injuries. Resting them periodically through the season may be the go. As for Subi we may need some fresh legs so Eli, Murdoch, TL even TC (if Armo out) may get a look in. You'd think the coaches would be mindful of a very winnable game the following week against the Cheats so think that may come into consideration at selection table.

George27
Club Player

Our defenders were fabulous yesterday, but on the big WA ground, where it will be harder for Roo to work back to help, I think they will need a hand . If Roberton is fit I would bring him straight in. If not, one of Lee or Goddard.

I think it was telling that in the last quarter, with the game to be won, Richo did not trust Lonie or Minch to do the small forward role, and threw Billings down there instead .

So in light of the above , I suggest :

IN - Roberton , Sinclair.
OUT- Lonie, Minchington.

i am assuming ( hoping) Armitage and Hickey are ok. If Hickey needs a week off then we will need one of Pierce , Longer or Holmes ( Pierce , based on what I saw on Saturday ) plus Lee, to be the defensive cover plus help in the ruck.

SideshowMilne
Club Player

Out-every player that wants/needs a week off even if that is 5-10 players.
In-all those at Sandy that deserve a run, including K/borg despite not being on our list.

Tank the AFL

bigballs
Club Player

Sinclair in for Minch.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:
fugazi wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Now I'm in a more sober state, upon reflection I was rather rash in proposing the expulsion of a certain Mr Membrey after another goal scoring spree from the taped-shouldered one. Was just keen to get Paddy in. He might need to wait another week.
Look forwardto seeing them all play together. ..but I'm in favour of Paddy having 6 weeks getting fit and hungry at Sandy before he forces his return.
He needs to kick 6 or 7 at Sandy and dominate a game. 2 goals doesn't cut for me.
I had a read through the match thread on BF and it seems he played up the ground a fair bit of the match. 13 marks supports that. Also match review on saints page has Mccartin in the bests list. I like the idea of him playing up and getting involved in the play at VFL level instead of staying deep and kicking bags because this is the biggest area of his game he needs to improve at AFL level - getting involved in general play. 21 disposals, 13 marks, 2 goals is a pretty good game imo from the big fella. Would be interesting if there was a the goal involvement stat like the AFL does.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

BringBackMadDog wrote:Lonie and meatball out for Sinclair and Paddy
Another big job for our undersized defence trying to cover Kennedy, darling, nic nat and lycett
On the flip side Roo could have a field day on the wing at Subi
Leave paddy, Bruce and skunk as targets up forward with Sinclair, weller, billings and Gresham at their feet
Yeah, not bad. It'll be interesting to see if they take Gresh over to Subiaco.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-kild ... 43257bb672
The Saints had been mindful that Riewoldt needed careful management — hence the suggestion that he wouldn’t be taken to Perth — but he has maintained remarkable athleticism and largely avoided injury this year and has not missed a single game. He was injured late in the NAB Challenge, but still managed to play in round one.

Riewoldt has carried a degenerative knee injury for some time, but he is renowned for his meticulous preparation and dedication. In recent years, the veteran has avoided running before Christmas to protect his knee.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Roberton is an automatic in if fit and is the first selected.

If Minch isn't dropped then the world is flat

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
resaintlee
Club Player

Sinclair for Minch and Roberton for Armo with Gilbert moving into the mid field. Unlikely to make too many changes. On the replay Lonie appeared to be involved far more than his stats give him credit for. Minch may benefit from a VFL run for a couple of weeks.