Albury Wodonga Saints 20th year function

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hellorocky
Club Player

Albury Wodonga Saints 20th year function

Hello everyone

the official supporter group in Albury/Wodonga (previously known as Twin City Saints) are having a 20th year reunion and celebration on Saturday 2nd July in at the Wodonga Bowling club, starting at 5.30pm.

We have staff from St Kilda attending as well as Bob Murray and Ken Sheldon and have invited other past local players and their families. Most of the original committee have been contacted as well as our past bus drivers. Hundreds of photos have been sourced from pre-digital family days as well as more recent times.

We have a major raffle underway and will have a signed Rooey 300 jumper auction, lucky door prizes, memorabilia, interviews etc etc. Local media have started to advertise and hopefully we'll get a story in the local.

We are charging $10 entry which will include dinner and sweets and tea/coffee (free for past players and families).

I am putting a call out for all Saints fans in the area to attend as well as any that would like a trip here to stay overnight. So if you are a Saints fan or have been to a function or meeting or travelled on any of our bus trips in the past 20 years we want to see you at our function. Absolutely everyone is welcome to attend but we do ask you confirm for catering purposes.

Please share around and make this a night to remember

Donna
0412 801 302 - or rockymum@bigpond.net.au

https://www.facebook.com/Albury-Wodonga ... 189685494/
Last edited by hellorocky on Wed 01 Jun 2016 8:49am, edited 1 time in total.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Albury Wodonga Saints 20th year function

Sounds like a great function. Congrats on 20 years.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Good luck, hope you all have a great time

loris
Saintsational Legend

Hope it's a great celebration Donna - great effort by all concerned keeping the Supporters Group still chugging along.

How are all your pussy cats - still making you run around and attend all their needs? Bless their little furry paws!!

hellorocky
Club Player

thanks for the good wishes BFU and Saynta
loris wrote:Hope it's a great celebration Donna - great effort by all concerned keeping the Supporters Group still chugging along.

How are all your pussy cats - still making you run around and attend all their needs? Bless their little furry paws!!
yes it's been a battle to keep it going but we have strong core group. 4 years ago 47 on a bus, this week 13 :?

One cat, one dog both getting old and a cocky that will outlive me :lol:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

The cocky would have to be Rocky1
I will be there Donna.

hellorocky
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:The cocky would have to be Rocky1
I will be there Donna.
yes his first words "hello rocky"

check your PM please BB

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

What is the starting time Donna?

hellorocky
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:What is the starting time Donna?
:oops: now edited - 5.30pm - which is after the Gold Coast Game has finished

check your PM again :)

hellorocky
Club Player

bumping this up as the function is this Saturday 2nd - over 100 have indicated they are coming along. Our $2 raffle and lucky door prizes include over 30 items including assorted locally donated items and St Kilda goodies/signed leather books/level 2 seating etc etc etc.

We are having a photo-shoot with the media at the Bowling Club on Tuesday 28th at 12 noon if anyone locally can make it - turn up with your Saints gear.

We even have a special 20th birthday cake !

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Good luck, hope you all have a great time
You should go up there for the $10 dinner and use your annual free rail pass to get there and get back to Melbourne!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
hellorocky
Club Player

A fantastic night on Saturday enjoyed by over 100 people. Our special guests Bob Murray and Ken Sheldon were entertaining, generous with their time and thoroughly enjoyed the night.

We received birthday wishes via video recording from Jack Billings, Jack Sinclair, Nicholas Coughlan and Daniel McKenzie. This was also topped off with Nicole from St Kilda presenting us with our own number '96 jumper and birthday cards from the President and CEO. (I'm pretty sure we had a better night than them up on the Gold Coast!) I heard a whisper Ken was so impressed he sent a pic of our cake to the President!

The cutting of the cake by many original members (including the youngest - my daughter also aged 20) and a happy birthday to Albury Wodonga Saints song sung! Following that an impromptu version of our St Kilda theme song by a local character.

We had 30 prizes in the major and minor raffle as well as lucky door prizes and loads of giveaways for the kids (all were very well behaved and helped without being asked). The auctioneer was entertaining and some very pleased bidders came away with unique pieces.

I must thank the hard working committee that organised and provided the food, decorated the venue, provided photos and organised the picture sideshow, sourced prizes, sold raffle tickets and numerous other tasks. It has been very time consuming over several months but well worth it.

Ken called 2 of the committee this morning to again thank us for the great night.

We have a birthday book that I'll endeavour to get signed throughout the rest of this year, if you would like it let me know, I'll get the book to you.

Happy Birthday Albury Wodonga Saints - you were all so awesome to come along and make it a memorable night!!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It was a memorable night. Bob Murray and Ken Sheldon are good sports, and tthe meal was fantastic value. Well done by all.