Changes v Blues Rd 12

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Changes v Blues Rd 12

Out: Goddard, McCartin, Rooey, Dempster, Murdoch
In: Lee, Acres, Minchington, Shenton, Coughlan (rookie elevation)

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
coopergrech
Club Player

Re: Changes v Blues Rd 12

In: Lee, Acres, Minchington , Templeton & Shenton
Out: McCartin, Goddard, Murdoch, Webster & Dempster/Dunstan

If Roo is out then Dempster and Dunstan stay in, if Roo is in, one of those go out!

Also with Hughy going to put on LTI list, i know they may wanna promote Coughlan for a like for like replacement but promote Joshy Saunders and give him another crack, watched him live today and he always puts in and tries his best and was pretty solid today.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Goddard, McCartin are givens...Murdoch was particularly average today...out. Dempster and Dunstan? Why would they be out?

God help us if Shenton is called on, as much as I love the caveman, he's not AFL standard.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

coopergrech wrote:In: Lee, Acres, Minchington , Templeton & Shenton

If Roo is out then Dempster and Dunstan stay in, if Roo is in, one of those go out!

Also with Hughy going to put on LTI list, i know they may wanna promote Coughlan for a like for like replacement but promote Joshy Saunders and give him another crack, watched him live today and he always puts in and tries his best and was pretty solid today.
Saunders isn't good enough. We have plenty of players like him. I think Acres needs to come in and stay in for the rest of the year. Same goes for Lee.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Goddard, McCartin are givens...Murdoch was particularly average today...out. Dempster and Dunstan? Why would they be out?

God help us if Shenton is called on, as much as I love the caveman, he's not AFL standard.
Looks like Dempster was playing injured.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
degruch wrote:Goddard, McCartin are givens...Murdoch was particularly average today...out. Dempster and Dunstan? Why would they be out?

Looks like Dempster was playing injured.

Yes was waving for a while to come off. And when he came back on it was noticeable that he could not leap like he normally can. So will not be surprsid to see him as an out.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

My only change is WE WIN.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Could the CaveMan do any worse than Gilbo has done in the last 4 matches?

saintbob
SS Life Member

Out: Goddard, Dunstan and McCartin

In: Acres, Minchington and Coughlan (upgrade for Goddard)

We've seen what Lee and Delaney can do, so let's have a look at Coughlan
Last edited by saintbob on Mon 06 Jun 2016 1:38am, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I would hate it if all of Goddard, McCartin, Roo and Demspter are out injured.

Goddard can be covered by Lee and quite possibly play better than him based on this years fowm, but we only have downgrades available for the other 3.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I wrote Coughlan because our only other defender that can come in, apart from Lee, is Delahney. Coughlan had quite a few possies for Sandy yesterday. Shenton might not be much good but can go back or forward. This is all predicated if Dempster can't play other wise a straight swap of Lee for Goddard.

I was trying to look at the Sandy side and we really don't have any tall defenders OR tall forwards.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Providing all of Dempster, Riewoldt and McCartin are unavailable...

Out : Goddard, Dempster, Riewoldt, McCartin, Murdoch, Dunstan, Billings

In : Lee, Delaney, Acres, Pierce, McKenzie, Lonie, Minchington

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

If any of the guys are less than 100%, then leave them out. Give them this week and then the bye to be cherry ripe for the Cats.

Out: Roo, Dempster, McCartin, Goddard
In: Acres, Lee, Lonie, Delaney

I've gone with Delaney over Coughlan only because without Dempster & Fisher, we need a bit more direction and experience down back.

The only other option is to leave Lonie in the VFL and bring Pierce in - he and Hickey can rest forward and will at least take a tall defender away from Bruce and Membrey.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Providing all of Dempster, Riewoldt and McCartin are unavailable...

Is this the comedy channel?

7 changes lol!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Whatever happens we have to add some pace. We are rivalling Collingwood as the slowest side in the comp at the moment. Lonie should come back in and so should Templeton who has the added advantage of playing midfield. We can't keep playing Armitage, Dunstan and Ross in the middle together. Being physical and accountable is great but that combination lacks the pace and skill (apologies to Armitage here) to win games against good sides, particularly away from the artificially benign conditions at Docklands.

To the top
SS Life Member

Why the references to Minchington?

He has had chances but has never consolidated because he is VFL standard - exclusively.

And to put that into context, the VFL is a far inferior competition to the SANFL.

The absence of Fisher is defining - and now magnified by the absence of Goddard and Carlisle.

We simply do not have KPP defenders absent Fisher, Carlisle and Goddard.

So there must now be opportunity for Lee and Delaney to consolidate and show they have a future at AFL level - and successful AFL level.

The positive is that it is likely all of Fisher, Carlisle and Goddard will be available in 2017 as we push to finals football.

Given that, the chance is now there for Lee to show he is the heir apparent to Fisher, supporting Carlisle and Goddard from 2017 onwards.

There is pressure on a number of players being those outside Riewoldt, Fisher, Montagna, Dempster, Gilbert as the experience required and Billings, Dunstan, Acres, McCartin, Gresham and Goddard as higher (top 20) Draft Picks and Hickey, Longer, Bruce, Freeman and Carlisle as players actively recruited to the Club.

These performances show we have to keep turning below the above named - and covering the contingencies of injury and retirement.

Injuries to any of the named mean we can turn more players pending return(s) from injury.

Turning players is not successively going back to the likes of Minchington.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan needs a spell, his selection is looking far too automatic for my liking. Needs to feel the pressure to perform.
Young Acres will be feeling disgruntled if he doesn't get the opportunities afforded to Dunstan.

Nee!
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
Beno88 wrote:Providing all of Dempster, Riewoldt and McCartin are unavailable...

7 changes lol!
As I mentioned, that's if all three players in doubt are unavailable. So that's four forced changes. Do you think no one else deserves to be dropped after yesterday's effort?

I like Murdoch but he couldn't get near it. Billings and Dunstan severely lack confidence at the moment. Going to ground too easily, not winning contested ball, lacking composure. A two week stint in the VFL to build their confidence back up would do them the world of good.

I'm really hoping there's only forced change due to injury.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

IMO the only unforced change will be Rupert out

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Why the references to Minchington?

He has had chances but has never consolidated because he is VFL standard - exclusively.

And to put that into context, the VFL is a far inferior competition to the SANFL.

The absence of Fisher is defining - and now magnified by the absence of Goddard and Carlisle.

We simply do not have KPP defenders absent Fisher, Carlisle and Goddard.

So there must now be opportunity for Lee and Delaney to consolidate and show they have a future at AFL level - and successful AFL level.

The positive is that it is likely all of Fisher, Carlisle and Goddard will be available in 2017 as we push to finals football.

Given that, the chance is now there for Lee to show he is the heir apparent to Fisher, supporting Carlisle and Goddard from 2017 onwards.

There is pressure on a number of players being those outside Riewoldt, Fisher, Montagna, Dempster, Gilbert as the experience required and Billings, Dunstan, Acres, McCartin, Gresham and Goddard as higher (top 20) Draft Picks and Hickey, Longer, Bruce, Freeman and Carlisle as players actively recruited to the Club.

These performances show we have to keep turning below the above named - and covering the contingencies of injury and retirement.

Injuries to any of the named mean we can turn more players pending return(s) from injury.

Turning players is not successively going back to the likes of Minchington.

Fisher wont be there in 2017 and Goddard is a long way off AFL standard at this stage. I dont understand how you can count Gilbert alongside those other guys either. He isnt in the same category.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Surely it is time to give the great

a run?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

No that was yesterday afternoon on Foxtel at 4.40PM.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: The positive is that it is likely all of Fisher, Carlisle and Goddard will be available in 2017 as we push to finals football.

You can forget about pushing towards finals until when, and if, the club secures at least two genuine elite mids. 3 if Freeman does not come on.

Steven is our only genuine elite mid at present. Armo is very good but not elite. After that we only have a support cast and that is simply not good enough to play finals.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

If Roo and McCartin don't play I would like to see Pierce get a run at it, his form for Sandy this year has been outstanding and he has improved out of sight. Lee has to come in for Goddard, this is his last chance to show he has what it takes.
Acres should also be given another go to replace Murdoch who really isn't up to AFL standard.

Outs: Goddard, Paddy, Roo (INJ) Murdoch (Omitted)
Ins: Lee, Pierce, DMac, Acres

If Dempster is injured we are going to have to play Delaney which will not be a good thing!! Thankfully Carlton don't really have damaging tells apart from Casboult

The_President
Club Player

coopergrech wrote:In: Lee, Acres, Minchington , Templeton & Shenton

"Always puts in and tries his best"

Why don't we just get Clint Jones back, or play his mini me in Templeton