St Kilda condemns Frawley's joke about Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: St Kilda condemns Frawley's joke about Caroline Wilson

An inappropriate comment to make in regards anyone.

The matter has been compounded by the involvement of the AFL CEO, who is once again confirmed as a very, very long way out of his depth.

The matter should have been left at the individuals taking responsibility and then their employers (media outlets that employ these types, the Charity involved and the AFL Clubs they are associated with/employed by) imposing meaningful penalty by dismissing them.

No other response was required.

And, again, the AFL CEO refers to "violence against women and children".

So what happens, Mr Smooth CEO, when young children tell a Family Court of Australia Counselor that "because of our Mum hitting us, we want to live with Dad" and then describe some of the events?

Violence is not exclusively by males against women and children - and whilst clowns like those involved in these events and the AFL CEO continue to cast dispersion on all males (because we are all so labelled) and by their actions endorse the blanket characterising of males impinging on the reputation of all males very great damage continues to be done, including to children - and that is not acceptable.

Hopefully this is the commencement of the next level of community conversation on inappropriate human interaction - and then we can start to actually get to the core of such incidents which need to be eradicated from society.

I note the Liberal Party has an advertisement referring to "War".

Well, a War is where over 300, 20 year old's conscripted into the Army by the Liberal Party to fight in a War of the Liberal Party were killed in Vietnam (50 years on, why exactly because we comprehensively lost that war and where are we at today?) and many hundreds of others have had their lives impacted.

Or where there is the front page picture of a very young child with his arms and legs blown off - another War the Liberal Party involved us in.

And in regards this language of "War", and the incitement, we see what has happened in the UK and in the USA (and other places) - and who has been incited to so act and murder.

Society has very, very long way to go.

Change starts with a clean out from the top.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Caro's response. Hardly hysterical, OTT or anything else the "boys will be boys" crew want to throw at it. Seems more disturbed by the "black widow" comments which I agree were utterly appalling.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... pn1kv.html

And Ed appears to have had another crack at an unreserved apology.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/e ... pmwfo.html

Nobody, man or woman, deserves that kind of crap. And frankly the idiotic ongoing comments about Brownless's weight are part of the reason I don't listen to Triple M or watch the Footy Show. They're not in the same league as the disgraceful segment about Caro, but they're part of the same problem.

I, for one, was happy that Spud headed straight for an unreserved apology. It was the only course.

Always loyal
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:And Ed appears to have had another crack at an unreserved apology.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/e ... pmwfo.html
Noted he's now waited the mandatory 24 hour 'Just Jokes' period and made an apology. I agree, Spud thankfully did the right thing pretty promptly and I'm pretty glad the club jumped on it pretty quick too.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I miss the days when AFL news was actually news

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

#gosaintas wrote:Robbo is outraged and sounding suicidal on SEN. What a joke.
He would be doing everyone a favour if he was..

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Why arent we outraged that they call Brownless Fat?
Funny you should mention that. One of the calls today to SEN was from a coach of a junior boys basketball team, He was listening in to the football on the radio as he ferried a car full of boys home and Brayshaw made his fat remarks. The boys then started in with similar comments on one of their supposed teammates who not in that car. The coach advised his charges that it was not appropriate and why it was not.

The caller was pointing out how Brayshaw's and Eddie's comments were encouraging bullying behaviour.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

#gosaintas wrote:People do love to be outraged. Bunch of pussies.
Nothing quite sells media advertising space than divisive topics and media imposed social 'outrage'. And, nothing quite fills the 24 hour media cycle like 'outrage' either... Hell... They'll probably get a week and a half out of this one... trotting out comments and quotes from anyone and everyone.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Deadly.

If somebody jokingly said they'd hold my daughter underwater or pay money to throw bombs at her I would tell them to buck up

If your daughter wrote articles and spoke in the media weekly often provoking and questioning others she would be fair game just as anyones son would be.
How dare Caro 'question' anybody!
How dare she! What a nerve.
She should be baking pies in the kiosk. Not questioning any blokes on anything.
Got what she deserved.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:

If somebody jokingly said they'd hold my daughter underwater or pay money to throw bombs at her I would tell them to buck up

If your daughter wrote articles and spoke in the media weekly often provoking and questioning others she would be fair game just as anyones son would be.
Got what she deserved.
Dont be foolish. She chooses to throw it out there so she has to accept she will cop it back. She cant use the Im a woman card when it suites.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
felix
Club Player

TRANSCRIPT
McGuire In fact I reckon we should start the campaign for a one-person slide next year. Caroline Wilson. And I'll put in 10 grand straight away - make it 20. [laughter] And if she stays under, 50. [laughter]
What do you reckon guys? Who else is up there? I know you're in JB?
James Brayshaw No, yep, Straight in.
Danny Frawley I'll be in amongst it Ed.
McGuire Is Duck there?
Wayne Carey: Yes, I'm here mate.
McGuire Duck's in. Danny's in - already spoken up.
Frawley Yeah I'm in Ed.
McGuire I could do an auction here today.
Frawley I'll actually jump in and make sure she doesn't - I'll hold her under, Ed.
McGuire I reckon we could charge $10,000 for everyone to stand around the outside and bomb her.
Damien Barrett I'm on Caro's side now, Ed. I'm on Caro's side these days, Ed.
[indecipherable]
McGuire She'll burn you like everyone else, mate. She's like the black widow. She just sucks you in and gets you and you start talking to her and then bang! She gets you.
Brayshaw If you ran that auction from down there, I reckon you'd start grabbing some bids out of the seats too. There'd be money piling in everywhere.
McGuire It will be magnificent. I think we should do that next year. It's all good for footy.
Brayshaw Bloody oath.

This is pretty harsh ....bullies wth murderus intent.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Got what she deserved.
Dont be foolish. She chooses to throw it out there so she has to accept she will cop it back. She cant use the Im a woman card when it suites.
There's a difference between questioning her journalistic talent and threatening violent behaviour because of her articles.
That's the case regardless of gender.

Too long has it been "OK" to threaten harm to another individual because you hold a different view to them.
We are not in the schoolyard any more when we all lacked the ability to sort an issue out without resorting to violence to do it.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Grow up,cant beleive this bulls***

bob__71
Club Player

LTN16 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Robbo is outraged and sounding suicidal on SEN. What a joke.
He would be doing everyone a favour if he was..
Well done, is this your application for a job in radio?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Seriously? What is it actually we're all outraged about?

I never saw Eddie comments as an attack against women, but an attack against a PERSON he doesn't like, or is having a beef with currently. Caro is a divisive personality and I applaud her for being that way. It takes courage to take on all comers in the AFL and I more than once have defended her on this forum and to other mates. But to try and label this as misogyny is disgraceful and does no justice to the feminist cause. The problem with the feminist cause is that people want to jump on EVERYTHING and use it as an example of blokes running down women. I actually see it the other way - Caro couldn't be more one of the boys and they are treating her as one of the boys. If a shock jock in footy (there are none really, as no-one has the balls) but let's for example use Robert Walls as an example was used as the example and people said, let's pay $50K to see Wallsy held under would everyone be up in arms?

I reckon Caro has mis read the situation. She knows she's provocative and she's not stupid, she knows her articles sting and she upsets ppl. It was OBVIOUSLY a joke and I honestly thought she had a thicker skin. Her article she wrote was almost written in embarrassment - my editor made me write it.......

Why wasn't there outrage immediately after this was said? Is it because the feminists don't listen to Triple M or is it because they worked out after 7 days that they might have an agenda to run with. Saddens me that the Saints feel compelled to even comment on it - Spud apologised, the matter should have been left there.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Got what she deserved.
There's a difference between questioning her journalistic talent and threatening violent behaviour because of her articles.

Too long has it been "OK" to threaten harm to another individual because you hold a different view to them.
We are not in the schoolyard any more when we all lacked the ability to sort an issue out without resorting to violence to do it.
Hope they don't charge Spud with attempted murder, or threats to kill.
You outragred hand wringers wanted Dustin Martin charged with attempted murder not so long ago. How embarrassing for you.
Must be difficult living your little lives just waiting for some other issue to get outraged about.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:Seriously? What is it actually we're all outraged about?

I never saw Eddie comments as an attack against women, but an attack against a PERSON he doesn't like, or is having a beef with currently. Caro is a divisive personality and I applaud her for being that way. It takes courage to take on all comers in the AFL and I more than once have defended her on this forum and to other mates. But to try and label this as misogyny is disgraceful and does no justice to the feminist cause. The problem with the feminist cause is that people want to jump on EVERYTHING and use it as an example of blokes running down women. I actually see it the other way - Caro couldn't be more one of the boys and they are treating her as one of the boys. If a shock jock in footy (there are none really, as no-one has the balls) but let's for example use Robert Walls as an example was used as the example and people said, let's pay $50K to see Wallsy held under would everyone be up in arms?

I reckon Caro has mis read the situation. She knows she's provocative and she's not stupid, she knows her articles sting and she upsets ppl. It was OBVIOUSLY a joke and I honestly thought she had a thicker skin. Her article she wrote was almost written in embarrassment - my editor made me write it.......

Why wasn't there outrage immediately after this was said? Is it because the feminists don't listen to Triple M or is it because they worked out after 7 days that they might have an agenda to run with. Saddens me that the Saints feel compelled to even comment on it - Spud apologised, the matter should have been left there.
There was no outrage immediately because they needed to wait for a slow bye week that needed a story they could run for a whole week.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Would be interested to hear the thoughts of the women who post on this forum (I know there aren't many but they do exist)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Got what she deserved.

Hope they don't charge Spud with attempted murder, or threats to kill.
You outragred hand wringers wanted Dustin Martin charged with attempted murder not so long ago. How embarrassing for you.
Must be difficult living your little lives just waiting for some other issue to get outraged about.
Settle down, buddy!
I'm just pointing out why she'd take offence.
Pretty sure I didn't even comment at the time on Dustin Martin...

From the comments I've read I think Spud is pretty embarrassed by his comments and his part in it. Seems like you may be the one out of touch. How embarrassing for you!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Seems to be more outrage coming from the 'just jokes' crowd trying to convince us there's nothing to be outraged about, than the supposed outrage itself. How outrageous!

#gosaintas
Club Player

Most important thing is just to be outraged. Doesn't really matter why.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

#gosaintas wrote:Most important thing is just to be outraged. Doesn't really matter why.
My nipples are hard I'm that outraged.

#gosaintas
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Most important thing is just to be outraged. Doesn't really matter why.

That's outrageous

degruch
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:

That's outrageous
Better out than inrageous.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Good.

s*** house form.

Blokey bloke gafaw boys club.

Dick heads.
You Sir have nailed it. Perfectly said

#gosaintas
Club Player

mullet wrote:
bigred wrote:Good.

s*** house form.

Blokey bloke gafaw boys club.

Dick heads.
You Sir have nailed it. Perfectly said
Why make the assumption that bigred is male? Sexist.