great things await

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

great things await

some might call me Billy Mumhprey (full of unbridled enthusiasm)

however I saw some fantastic signs on Saturday night

I saw DMac break lines and take the game on
I saw N Wright do the same
I saw Jade continue to improve
I saw Luke D take on leadership role in the second half, by winning clearances and hard ball and trying to lift the others
I saw Blake Acres play his second best game

but the thing that was the defining moment was thinking you know what I now get more excited about these guys getting the ball and what might happen

than when Joey (god love him) does

and that means that we are marching and that these guys have taken the steps to get past our older established players

and sure when Nat Wright handballed behind someone on Saturday that led to a bad turnover, hey that's ok because getting to that point was thrilling and next time he will hit the runner and we will be away

fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
barneyboyz
Club Player

Re: great things await

terry smith rules wrote:some might call me Billy Mumhprey (full of unbridled enthusiasm)

I saw Luke D take on leadership role in the second half, by winning clearances and hard ball and trying to lift the others

but the thing that was the defining moment was thinking you know what I now get more excited about these guys getting the ball and what might happen

and that means that we are marching and that these guys have taken the steps to get past our older established players

and sure when Nat Wright handballed behind someone on Saturday that led to a bad turnover, hey that's ok because getting to that point was thrilling and next time he will hit the runner and we will be away

fqf
Thanks Terry

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
kp83
Club Player

Well said. Love it!!

GO SAINTS!!

GRAMophone
Club Player

Nice post. Agree with all points :)

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:some might call me Billy Mumhprey (full of unbridled enthusiasm)

fqf
Nice post. I wont argue with that.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Cracking post.

I'll add Gresh's run around Boomer and even the double two step that didn't quite come off (but by god the roof nearly lifted off Etihad while it was happening).

Bloody exciting!

Always loyal
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

yep, I can wait at least another 20 years , if I'm lucky

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Here was I bemoaning a disappointing loss

loris
Saintsational Legend

There is an interview on the Saints site with Membery, where he says a good thing about Richo, he encourages the young players to trust their instincts when playing................ sure there will be a few 'stuff ups' with the younger guys, until they all learn to jell together as a team, especially with players being bought in and out of the team. Better than turning them into robots, scared to make an error, and stifling any raw talent they may possess IMHO.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I saw our future & North's past. We have so many exciting players that each week brings something new to smile about. I like the fact that Richo remains so composed all the time. He must know we are building toward something special & that this season is all about the process. I think the side has been pretty settled for the last few weeks & given how poorly we kicked for goal we did alright. Certainly didn't get blown out of the water.

Johnny Favier
Club Player

I said to my old man on the way out of the ground that at least we have the next 7-8 years to look forward to....that's a lot more than I can say for North.