Maybe Paddy Crashes the Packs Too Hard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Maybe Paddy Crashes the Packs Too Hard

magnifisaint wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
tony74 wrote:
8856brother wrote:Love the way he plays. Don't change anything.
He won't.
Thanks Tony - and to quote - me - in another thread - nor should he
Sainter_Dad wrote: [Of his two goals] ..... The first he completely out positioned Rance, and ended up taking the ball in a perfect mark, then put the kick straight over the goal umpires hat from 40 odd out, the second, he put his body on the line, won a dubious free kick, and slotted a dead straight goal in obvious pain. Both kicks dead straight, on a day that no-one, except dead eye dick Membrey, could manage straight kicking in front of goal.

IN TEN MINUTES OF FOOTBALL this kid was still the highest goal kicker on the day (a shared honour).

Extrapolate his AF points out - 1/2 a quarter of football - 2 kicks, one mark, one goal - 22 AF points - a full game - on track for 176 AF points. I am not saying that he would have kicked 16 goals - but with the amount of forward entries (51) he would have been the focal point of many of them.

Let me say it again - 10 minutes on the field - 2 kicks - 2 goals - highest goal scorer on the day (from both teams [equal to Rioli and Membrey][beating the likes of Riewoldt x 2 and Bruce]) - most accurate kicking efficiency (100%) and, and, and - on a day that the rest of the team managed a goal kicking efficiency of - get this 27.27%

Paddy you star - you managed in 10 minutes - what only 2 other people managed in 120 minutes

Paddy - today you showed the footy world that next year we will be talking about you as the dominant forward of the next 10 years!!!!!!

Go you good thing!!!
Did you really write that?

Incredible!
Issues?????????

What do you dispute?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Playon wrote:Kosi mark2

Has to get better awareness.
?

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:He needs to lose weight... Not gain it??????
More that the puppy fat needs to turn to muscle. He will be a monster, his speed isn't reliant on physical attributes, he has a lightening quick brain.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Trev from the Bush wrote:
Playon wrote:

Rubbish
Rubbish
No, Playon, your comment was truly rubbish. You either did not see the incident or do not have any appreciation of how football is played.
And you do??

It should have been a free kick against Paddy. You can't dive on the ball and take out your opponents legs. Was an obvious free and he was very lucky to get away with it. I too love his tenacity at the contest, but he simply has to get smarter, and I agree with the poster that said he needs to get fitter and develope an AFL body. Kosi's career was largely disappointing, mainly due to injuries. There's simply no value in the kid leaving the field before half time every week

Don't agree, the tiger came in with his knee into Paddy's shoulder. I agree with the maggot on this one.

Hope your view was not clouded by the f****** commentators who were barracking for the tigers all day.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Moods wrote:
Playon wrote:

Rubbish
Rubbish
No, Playon, your comment was truly rubbish. You either did not see the incident or do not have any appreciation of how football is played.
And you do??

It should have been a free kick against Paddy. You can't dive on the ball and take out your opponents legs. Was an obvious free and he was very lucky to get away with it. I too love his tenacity at the contest, but he simply has to get smarter, and I agree with the poster that said he needs to get fitter and develope an AFL body. Kosi's career was largely disappointing, mainly due to injuries. There's simply no value in the kid leaving the field before half time every week

Don't agree, the tiger came in with his knee into Paddy's shoulder. I agree with the maggot on this one.

Hope your view was not clouded by the f****** commentators who were barracking for the tigers all day.
It was actually an interesting line ball decision.

At first view live I thought it was a definite free kick AGAINST Paddy.

However the rule is you cannot dive in and make contact BELOW the knees.

Video shows contact was made by the knee to Paddy's shoulder.

No free against Paddy.

Free for high contact was also line ball. Just high.

Overall it was probably technically a correct decision.

More amazing to me is that Paddy had a great ball drop with a broken collarbone. Had one myself. No way i could have done that.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
saynta wrote:
Moods wrote:
Playon wrote:

Rubbish
Rubbish
And you do??

It was actually an interesting line ball decision.

At first view live I thought it was a definite free kick AGAINST Paddy.

However the rule is you cannot dive in and make contact BELOW the knees.

Video shows contact was made by the knee to Paddy's shoulder.

No free against Paddy.

Free for high contact was also line ball. Just high.

Overall it was probably technically a correct decision.

More amazing to me is that Paddy had a great ball drop with a broken collarbone. Had one myself. No way i could have done that.

Correct

the dome
Club Player

GET WELL SOON PADDY MC

Pre-game I was jusy happy for Paddy that he was about to get some more game time/ perhaps even 4 Qrts. to savour in his development.
With Paddy's natural football brain it must irritate him to be simply not out there and not able to keep practicing his generally good decision-making as well as his physical attributes.
Again I listened on the radio and the commentators were very positive regarding Paddy's immediate influence on the Tigers game.
I felt very sad for Paddy sustaining the collar bone injury and wish him a speedy recovery. Ideally it would have been great for him to walk off the ground unscathed and to follow up next week as well. Another 8 quarters of development would have been very pleasing.
I appreciated KB's comments (on the radio) at the time when he said he felt very saddened for our young forward prospect but at least a collar bone break should clear up in about 6-8 weeks compared to a shoulder dislocation which can keep re-offending down the track.
I certainly hope KB knows what he's talking about on this one.
Anyway the straight kicking from young Paddy to bag himself and our saintly crew 2 valuable goals alongside his marking does inspire.

Very Happy with Paddy McCartin :D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Paddy could me another Matthew Richardson type gun and all round great bloke/cult hero. The ultimate package!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
minneapolis
Club Player

freely wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:Nic knacked last night and now Paddy whacked today. :lol: :(
Very good.
It's why I love this site! :D :D
kudos :D

Superb!!

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
minneapolis
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
The Fireman wrote:did any of you guys think of telling Lockett to lose weight ?
One bloke did.

Was never seen again Image

Just a long loud burp from Plugger 3 hours later.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I believe Peter Caven may also have suggested it!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Being big was a plus for Tony... Because he used his bulk. But being fat led to him being constantly injured and frustrated with an inability to stay on the park. Plugger would often run out of steam after HT after dominating early... He was very unfit. Yes, he was a champion, a freak.
Do you think if he was actually fit... He wouldn't have been as good?! Imagine if he had the conditioning of Loewe... Who was rarely injured despite his crash and bash contested marking!

Plugger missed 70 games between 88-94 at his average at his peak... Around 400 goals
Suspended or injured

I can only imagine what he would have been if he was fit

The only time I ever saw plugger in reasonable condition after 1987 was in 2001 whilst retired... Which is why he came back.. But 36yo was just too old

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Moods wrote:
Playon wrote:

Rubbish
Rubbish
And you do??

Nope. I was at the game and haven't seen one replay of the incident. The spirit of the rule in my opinion is that you can't dive in like that. It's exactly what they are trying to stop. It's dangerous, both for him and his opponent. He'll need to learn from that, and dare I say be more circumspect in future when attacking those sorts of contests.

I look fwd to Paddy getting fitter again over summer. We need him to be a gun, and he appears to have the tools. Footy smarts, skills, toughness, courage. Just needs to be fitter so he can give 2nd and 3rd efforts - although having said that, Roo doesn't necessarily give great 2nd and 3rd efforts when the ball hits the ground. Good big men don't need to because they often clunk it in the first instances or clear the path. Only the big stupid ruckman get on the ground smashing blokes.

Locals322
Club Player

God is this game still going on, MAYBE Paddy is just s***. The Clive Waterhouse of his generation.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Locals322 wrote:God is this game still going on, MAYBE Paddy is just s***. The Clive Waterhouse of his generation.
Are you retarded?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Locals322 wrote:God is this game still going on, MAYBE Paddy is just s***. The Clive Waterhouse of his generation.
Are you retarded?
No, just a lonely old, embittered troll, posting at 4.00 a.m. No, hang on a minute, it's a Collingwood, Richmond or doper supporter in all likelihood, so you may be right to pose the question, SP. I apologise.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Are you retarded?
He's not that smart

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Are you retarded?

probably but also a troll.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

It seems like Jon Patton has now come of age as an AFL player and he is 23 years 3 months.
A full three years older than Paddy (but did suffer some serious injuries)
So realistically Paddy should not be expected to dominate until the 2018 or 2019 season.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Patton - a few injuries?

He has two full recos

A 2012 pick.... Basically a 2014 pick