Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jaxons
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down

Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:Jaxons, who do you like in the draft at pick 10? Ben Ainsworth is the kid I desperately want. He's a tough nut that has brilliant hands, great goal sense & the potential to run through the midfield. He's a Robbie Gray type. The only issue is he will be strongly considered earlier on in the draft than our first selection. I hope we get some luck & land him.
Really dangerous of me to comment here as not sure whos' s looking.
If you remember my comments last year on draft day I told everyone here we were taking Gresham.
No chance Ainsworth will make it to pick 11 by the way!
Yea I know, very wishful thinking. The other guy I really like is Tim Taranto. Very powerful fwd-mid. He's more chance of being avail at our pick.

Yea I recall you saying something along the lines of "hopefully Richmond leave Gresham to us". Good call.
Your memory is spot on re my Richmond call on Gresh.
Taranto is flavour of the month and the big bolter.
I like to follow the draft & believe if we keep pick 10 we are a real show at getting a nice player there.

My guess for top 10 at this point & taking into account academy bidding:

1 - Ess - McLuggage
2 - Bris - McGrath
3 - Freo - English
4 - GC - Ainsworth
5 - Carl - Brodie
6 - GC - Bowes (Rich bid)
7 - Rich - Petreski-Seton
8 - GWS - Marshall
9 - Port - Taranto
10 - StK - Scrimshaw
Impressed with your footy knowledge Myron.
Most of those names will feature heavily in top 10 and order is a fairly accurate assessment.
Always hard to know exactly what other clubs are thinking but that list is a great effort.

jaxons
Club Player

SMS wrote:If we want a flag soon (2019) ...

Pick 10 Scrimshaw
Longer to Hawks, Hill to Freo, L Weller to Saints
Pick 28. Steele
Round 1, 2017 Dusty

Not out of the question, Bains got some work to do.
Were in a unique Position to grab 3 guaranteed guns. Im sure Bains and co are planning this very scenario.
Not sure why people here Rate Longer, seems slow and average ... Hickey much better a fluppin star!! and Pierce more upside.
Lets get some value for Longer.
Hoping Hawks cant get vickery and want longer.
FYI pick 28 we have already traded to Collingwood for Nathan Freeman last year.
Collingwood have on traded that pick for James Aish.
At this stage our picks are 10,46,64,82.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:Jaxons, who do you like in the draft at pick 10? Ben Ainsworth is the kid I desperately want. He's a tough nut that has brilliant hands, great goal sense & the potential to run through the midfield. He's a Robbie Gray type. The only issue is he will be strongly considered earlier on in the draft than our first selection. I hope we get some luck & land him.
If you remember my comments last year on draft day I told everyone here we were taking Gresham.
Yea I know, very wishful thinking. The other guy I really like is Tim Taranto. Very powerful fwd-mid. He's more chance of being avail at our pick.

Yea I recall you saying something along the lines of "hopefully Richmond leave Gresham to us". Good call.
I like to follow the draft & believe if we keep pick 10 we are a real show at getting a nice player there.

1 - Ess - McLuggage
2 - Bris - McGrath
3 - Freo - English
4 - GC - Ainsworth
5 - Carl - Brodie
8 - GWS - Marshall
9 - Port - Taranto
10 - StK - Scrimshaw
You've left someone out. Demons?
Scrimshaw we would be happy with at 10.
Has a bit of Bont about him.
Scrimshaw does not have the same ring as the Bont...Sounds more like the name of a dweeb who would sit at the front of the class who you would flick spit balls at.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Fact, FactyourArse!!!!!

BSTTFPREZI!!!!!

<<< MOD EDIT....POSTER WARNED FOR ONGOING BICKERING >>>

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Scrimshaw does not have the same ring as the Bont...Sounds more like the name of a dweeb who would sit at the front of the class who you would flick spit balls at.
Yeah "The Scrim" does quite cut it

Although Scrimmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa might go ok :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
silverhalo
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

1 - Ess - McLuggage
2 - Bris - McGrath
3 - Freo - English
4 - GC - Ainsworth
5 - Carl - Brodie
8 - GWS - Marshall
9 - Port - Taranto
10 - StK - Scrimshaw
Seen a couple of Scrimshaw's games this year playing for Haileybury and agree with you Jaxons that he could play as a tall midfielder at AFL level and has the X factor - immensely talented; I can also tell you that he's not well liked by his peers and is a FIGJAM of the highest order. We'd need to knock that out of him quick smart if we landed him - best not to look at pure ability alone.

Seen a couple of Andy McGrath's games as well - he's a ripper kid, natural leader and very talented footballer. He'd be my first pick but snowball's chance in hell of him falling beyond pick 5.

Wombat15
Club Player

Its interesting to see the Venables chat has dropped off. I remember with Peter Ryan had a twitter session he had us interested.
The other chatter i was hearing is that Brisbane will bid on Bowes at 2.
I would be happy at 10 with us having a shot at Scrimshaw, Venables or Tarranto (the flavour of the month).

jaxons
Club Player

silverhalo wrote:
jaxons wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

1 - Ess - McLuggage
2 - Bris - McGrath
3 - Freo - English
4 - GC - Ainsworth
5 - Carl - Brodie
8 - GWS - Marshall
9 - Port - Taranto
10 - StK - Scrimshaw
Seen a couple of Scrimshaw's games this year playing for Haileybury and agree with you Jaxons that he could play as a tall midfielder at AFL level and has the X factor - immensely talented; I can also tell you that he's not well liked by his peers and is a FIGJAM of the highest order. We'd need to knock that out of him quick smart if we landed him - best not to look at pure ability alone.

Seen a couple of Andy McGrath's games as well - he's a ripper kid, natural leader and very talented footballer. He'd be my first pick but snowball's chance in hell of him falling beyond pick 5.
Andy McGrath could not agree more.
Chance to be 1,2 or 3 and no way gets to us at 10.

jaxons
Club Player

Wombat15 wrote:Its interesting to see the Venables chat has dropped off. I remember with Peter Ryan had a twitter session he had us interested.
I would be happy at 10 with us having a shot at Scrimshaw, Venables or Tarranto (the flavour of the month).
Venables likes extra curricular activity a bit too much away from footy.
Needs to be careful, spies everywhere!

silverhalo
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
Wombat15 wrote:Its interesting to see the Venables chat has dropped off. I remember with Peter Ryan had a twitter session he had us interested.
That leaves us with Taranto......I'll have the Cassata please. Hey, we could do a deal with the family to sponsor us if we pick him up, free Cassatas to all Saints members on game day :)

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Andy McGath look like an absolute beauty. A real line breaker. Some clubs rate him #1 & he's he why there's all this talk about GWS wanting to move up the draft to get him. I think he's Brisbane bound. My mail is Brisbane love him & Ainsworth with their early selections.

The slider in this draft for mine will be Will Brodie because he doesn't have a real standout feature to his game apart from his inside ball winning ability. There's a bit of Ollie Wines here. I'm expecting Brodie to be picked around 4-7 & the club that gets him will get a real bargain.

I think we are a real chance of having Sam Peteski-Seton available at our pick. A few teams are favouring others with the early picks. But his range varies greatly. He could go anywhere from pick 3-12. I would love this kid. He oozes class.

jaxons
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote:Andy McGath look like an absolute beauty. A real line breaker. Some clubs rate him #1 & he's he why there's all this talk about GWS wanting to move up the draft to get him. I think he's Brisbane bound. My mail is Brisbane love him & Ainsworth with their early selections.

The slider in this draft for mine will be Will Brodie because he doesn't have a real standout feature to his game apart from his inside ball winning ability. There's a bit of Ollie Wines here. I'm expecting Brodie to be picked around 4-7 & the club that gets him will get a real bargain.

I think we are a real chance of having Sam Peteski-Seton available at our pick. A few teams are favouring others with the early picks. But his range varies greatly. He could go anywhere from pick 3-12. I would love this kid. He oozes class.

Freo are super keen on Sam for pick 3 at this stage.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:Andy McGath look like an absolute beauty. A real line breaker. Some clubs rate him #1 & he's he why there's all this talk about GWS wanting to move up the draft to get him. I think he's Brisbane bound. My mail is Brisbane love him & Ainsworth with their early selections.

Yup. Also very keen on a WA ruckman to replace Sandilands. Freo have spent a lot of time on English & I feel adding Hill & hopefully a mentally healthy Bennell will see them favour the big WA ruckman.

Thesaint127
Club Player

Tim English for sure brudder

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Yup. Also very keen on a WA ruckman to replace Sandilands. Freo have spent a lot of time on English & I feel adding Hill & hopefully a mentally healthy Bennell will see them favour the big WA ruckman.
And how might Freo obtain Hill? Will the Saints be players in that deal do you think?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

How are we getting Pick 28? We gave our 2nd round pick up for Freeman last year.

Wombat15
Club Player

silverhalo wrote:
jaxons wrote:
That leaves us with Taranto......I'll have the Cassata please. Hey, we could do a deal with the family to sponsor us if we pick him up, free Cassatas to all Saints members on game day :)
Oh ok fair enough. kind of too bad i was a fan of what he had to offer. Yeah im heading to the game this week so the Tarranto vs. Scrimshaw debate will start. But if someone like Ainsworth, SPS, English or even a GWS Acad is available on paper its a no lose situation at pick 10. very even draft so would be hard to stuff it up. i have a very long term theory on english if there is a realistic situation of getting him.

jaxons
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

And how might Freo obtain Hill? Will the Saints be players in that deal do you think?
Very unlikely.
Chris Mayne will be joining Collingwood on a 4 year deal at over $500k a season.
This will get Freo a second round compo pick.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

The general consensus has Hill values at an early 2nd round pick. Freo will likely use their 2017 2nd. I doubt we get involved with dealing with Freo unless they make a play for Hogan & we for Weller. I see that as very unlikely though.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Very unlikely.
Chris Mayne will be joining Collingwood on a 4 year deal at over $500k a season.
This will get Freo a second round compo pick.
Ahhhh..I was fishing to see if there was any currency in your cryptic reference to "families coming together" having anything to do with Lachie Weller. Now that would be a good thing.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Beat me to it jaxons. Mayne compo or 2017 2nd will get Hill.

Jaxons I've also got some mail that WHE will be a Pie & Witts a Sun.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Byron, heres another measly but solid rumour for you. Jack Roo is very open to being traded. Very. I can't comment on our interest I only know that from his POV.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:Byron, heres another measly but solid rumour for you. Jack Roo is very open to being traded. Very. I can't comment on our interest I only know that from his POV.
"Measly solid" rumour....nice description.

So many rumours flying about. Am very happy to have you fellas with knowledge of what's going on keeping us updated, whatever degree of measly and solid the info is.
Jack Roo....good player but surely not a really good fit for us? Will be 28 in October. We have Skunk, Paddy and Josh. Is there an attitude problem there? Could find a home at Melbourne if Hogan moves on, but even then, not the ideal demographic for the Dees I would think. Maybe Collingwood.

jaxons
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote:Beat me to it jaxons. Mayne compo or 2017 2nd will get Hill.

Jaxons I've also got some mail that WHE will be a Pie & Witts a Sun.
Myron you are certainly a man in the know.
Both of these are accurate bits of information.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

I hope we don't look at jack roo but I'm got an eery feeling about it. All I heard is he's unhappy & looking for a change.