Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down

jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:Got something on Steele.

He's told us & GWS he wants to be a Saint. GWS have requested a 2nd round pick (next years will work) however thus far we haven't committed to that deal which is pissing the Giants off. We don't need to commit until trade period starts next week so I don't understand the big deal. Anyway, that's what I've been told. Looks like Steele will definitely be a Saint.

Will be this years pick 46 or next years second rounder, probably the latter.
We are also looking at other GWS players so that could change the deal and dynamics.
Steele looks likely but is not 100% just yet, and after Laverde nothing is done until it is done.
Early next week you will know about him.
We are very busy and looking at lots and lot, no different to other clubs however.
Am confident we will not pursue Hartlett further, asking price is too high on money and trade.
May reconsider if Port pay half his salary etc.
We want to get back into this years draft which is the right strategy.
And still pursuing a key tall.
If we get Steele and a tall back who is good and have 3 top 30 draft picks I will call that a very successful trade period.
We are still flirting with the idea of bringing in a big name without breaking our trade currency too much.
All can be done!
Also to clarify, I am definitely not a woman!

I like your thinking. Aidan Corr a young, GWS tall apparently had a tour of our facilities. He might be the tall you are alluding to.

I quite like the look of Jake Barrett, a midfielder from GWS. But I might be on my own on that one.

Quite frankly I couldn't care less if you are a man or a woman. Just keep feeding those tasty morsels.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:I am definitely not a woman!
That's what she said.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:Got something on Steele.

He's told us & GWS he wants to be a Saint. GWS have requested a 2nd round pick (next years will work) however thus far we haven't committed to that deal which is pissing the Giants off. We don't need to commit until trade period starts next week so I don't understand the big deal. Anyway, that's what I've been told. Looks like Steele will definitely be a Saint.

Will be this years pick 46 or next years second rounder, probably the latter.
We are also looking at other GWS players so that could change the deal and dynamics.
Steele looks likely but is not 100% just yet, and after Laverde nothing is done until it is done.
Early next week you will know about him.
We are very busy and looking at lots and lot, no different to other clubs however.
Am confident we will not pursue Hartlett further, asking price is too high on money and trade.
May reconsider if Port pay half his salary etc.
We want to get back into this years draft which is the right strategy.
And still pursuing a key tall.
If we get Steele and a tall back who is good and have 3 top 30 draft picks I will call that a very successful trade period.
We are still flirting with the idea of bringing in a big name without breaking our trade currency too much.
All can be done!
Also to clarify, I am definitely not a woman!
Are we in the market only for a young tall back with lots of footy ahead of him.....ie Marchbank.....or are we also considering someone who can fill a KPD role for a few years.....ie MacKenzie?

felix
Club Player

Myron is ITK and not afraid to call it as he has nothing to lose.
Jaxson is gun shy has been pistol whipped before and is now to shy to call anything . Man up jaxson spill your thoughts son . its only the internet and stupid footy .

Myron Gaines
Club Player

I'm definitely not ITK

The Recruit
Club Player

I don't care who Jaxons is but agree some more info would get us a bit more excited however from HIS most recent comment looks like trade week will be Steel for pick 48 this year or 36 next year :wink: and that's it.
We will go to the draft, use our pick ten and that's about the best of it.....zzzzzzzz but probably the right move

Playon
Club Player

felix wrote:Myron is ITK and not afraid to call it as he has nothing to lose.
Jaxson is gun shy has been pistol whipped before and is now to shy to call anything . Man up jaxson spill your thoughts son . its only the internet and stupid footy .
In the end you find out when you do, the players sign.
Most likely there's a lot of things were chasing and a lot of things undecided, so give jax a break he's not a fortune teller

felix
Club Player

Whats the point of being a footy forum ITK if you become to scared to make a statement who cates if it works out or not ..if you have a sniff of something ..tell us ..if it doesnt work out who cares.. if you want to be an ITK you should give us what you got. This is what its about. Otherwise its all a bit precious and taking oneself way too seroiusly.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:I don't care who Jaxons is but agree some more info would get us a bit more excited however from HIS most recent comment looks like trade week will be Steel for pick 48 this year or 36 next year :wink: and that's it.
We will go to the draft, use our pick ten and that's about the best of it.....zzzzzzzz but probably the right move

Going by Jaxons' previous comments, in addition to Steele and a KPD, we are looking to trade into some other first or second round picks to go to the draft with 10 and two others or some combo of three picks inside 30. I reckon Billy Longer will be a part of that. Perhaps another not yet established small such as Eli for e.g.

I also understand there might be a need for discretion on the part of someone posting trade rumours in this forum, especially if it's a work in progress and actually true. Never know who might be reading. No need to register to read. And also a desire to not post stuff that's not true or not going to happen. Would much rather a reliable source than someone who presents speculation as fact.

jaxons
Club Player

felix wrote:Whats the point of being a footy forum ITK if you become to scared to make a statement who cates if it works out or not ..if you have a sniff of something ..tell us ..if it doesnt work out who cares.. if you want to be an ITK you should give us what you got. This is what its about. Otherwise its all a bit precious and taking oneself way too seroiusly.

Felix I don't make stories up just for the sake of it.
And I don't blurt out information about players whose names are discussed, but clubs haven't discussed it with those individual players yet.
I have morals.
If you want me to just relay every conversation the club has around any player as a possibility just to satisfy half a dozen forum bloggers then I'm the wrong guy.
There is nothing to gain from it apart from embarrassing players and the clubs and getting chastised by imbecile posters who will criticise you for posting the wrong information and not being as you guys put it "ITK'.

jaxons
Club Player

The Recruit wrote:I don't care who Jaxons is but agree some more info would get us a bit more excited however from HIS most recent comment looks like trade week will be Steel for pick 48 this year or 36 next year :wink: and that's it.

Your last sentence will prove to be very incorrect.

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
felix wrote:Whats the point of being a footy forum ITK if you become to scared to make a statement who cates if it works out or not ..if you have a sniff of something ..tell us ..if it doesnt work out who cares.. if you want to be an ITK you should give us what you got. This is what its about. Otherwise its all a bit precious and taking oneself way too seroiusly.

Felix I don't make stories up just for the sake of it.
And I don't blurt out information about players whose names are discussed, but clubs haven't discussed it with those individual players yet.
I have morals.
If you want me to just relay every conversation the club has around any player as a possibility just to satisfy half a dozen forum bloggers then I'm the wrong guy.
There is nothing to gain from it apart from embarrassing players and the clubs and getting chastised by imbecile posters who will criticise you for posting the wrong information and not being as you guys put it "ITK'.
Jaxons - you're the sole reason I login. Don't get caught up on the keyboard warriors! Keep doing what you're doing, appreciate your restraint!

saint-stu
Club Player

jaxons wrote:

Interesting! I wonder how we're going to achieve that.

Jaxons, are we looking to downgrade our pick 10 to multiple picks?

1ac46a38
bergsone
SS Life Member

Or trade someone out?

The Recruit
Club Player

saint-stu wrote:
jaxons wrote:

???????saint-stu Jaxons saying we will be using our pick ten in the draft and not trading it.

saint-stu
Club Player

The Recruit wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
jaxons wrote:

???????saint-stu Jaxons saying we will be using our pick ten in the draft and not trading it.
He said that will prove to be incorrect.

1ac46a38
Bardon Saint
Club Player

using it to obtain a big fish?

jaxons
Club Player

saint-stu wrote:
jaxons wrote:

To clarify 'The recruit' is suggesting we are getting Steele and that's all the activity we are doing this trade period, I am saying we will be more active than that.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

We currently have 1 pick in the top 30. So maybe preparing to trade out at least 1 player of value ?

Any comments on how this years,draft pool compares to next years ?

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Pick 10
Longer for pick 25ish
Our pick 46 plus Lonie for pick 30?
Steele for next years second rounder

That would be how we got 3 inside 30 and Steele

Nee!
jaxons
Club Player

Zed wrote:We currently have 1 pick in the top 30. So maybe preparing to trade out at least 1 player of value ?

Any comments on how this years,draft pool compares to next years ?
It's a very good draft this year, Top 30 players very even and will be some really good players emerge from this years crop.
2 or 3 of these types will round out our list very nicely.
Last edited by jaxons on Wed 05 Oct 2016 10:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
jaxons wrote:

To clarify 'The recruit' is suggesting we are getting Steele and that's all the activity we are doing this trade period, I am saying we will be more active than that.
What would the recruit know, until it's fact, SFA i think. :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Throw in a free agent like Nathan Brown and thats a good trade period

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons
Are any of Longer
Sinclair
Lonie
Templeton
Being considered for trading out?

Nee!
Playon
Club Player

Jax has already said that he wont name players that may be under consideration for trade and for obvious reasons.
What happens if it doesnt happen, puts player and club in a difficult situation.

Longer has been mentioned as trade bait all over the place but his manger has said that he'd happy to challenge Hickey for the number 1 spot. What happens if Longer says I dont want to be traded, he just signed for 2 years.

All these picks wont happen from contracted players unless they agree to it