Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

Junior wrote:
jaxons wrote:The Koby Stevens deal may have hit a snag late today.
Still working through some last minute scenarios.
May not get him by 2pm deadline tomorrow but will secure him one way or another.
If this is the case I can only assume we are working on something else that messes this deal up as if not it is pure incompetence.

We were told the deal would get done and that it was straight forward, and looks like we have left it to the last minute.

If we did not have what the Bulldogs wanted or had not already agreed to an exchange of picks then surely we would of not put this deal on the back burner to the end of the week.

Can't believe given Ameet and the teams performance this trade period that we would stuff this up, and I know if he his delisted we can pick him up for nothing.
It doesn't worry me if we don't get him. GOP

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Hey everybody look at me !!!!!!!!!!!! I use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ??????????????????? marks to accentuate my dribble !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I know nothing !!!!!!!!! I have no intel !!!!!!!!!!! This is fact ??????????????? Yes it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only ask hard questions !!!!!!!! and demand hard answers ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Cause if you want the truth ?????????????? I'll get you the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thru someone else and then say I told you so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without ever knowing anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My index finger is tired from holding down the Shift Button ???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I fight thru the pain to deliver on my promise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! of nothing but I told you so's !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? and you fkn know it ???????????????? so cause I fkn says so !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
This is easily the best post in this thread and my nomination for post of the year

There is a solution to the irratable attention seeking. I suggest that anyone who is not familiar with the friend/foe function should investigate asap
+1

The only problem with friend/foe is that if the person is quoted then you still see the drivel.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
lewdogs
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:
Junior wrote:
May not get him by 2pm deadline tomorrow but will secure him one way or another.
If this is the case I can only assume we are working on something else that messes this deal up as if not it is pure incompetence.

We were told the deal would get done and that it was straight forward, and looks like we have left it to the last minute.

If we did not have what the Bulldogs wanted or had not already agreed to an exchange of picks then surely we would of not put this deal on the back burner to the end of the week.

Can't believe given Ameet and the teams performance this trade period that we would stuff this up, and I know if he his delisted we can pick him up for nothing.
It doesn't worry me if we don't get him. GOP
Better than a GOP I think, which is why we want him. Has elite potential if he can become consistent - reckon he walks into our best 22 next year.

Still think it gets done today.

On a side note the Dogs went for Deledio but missed out!

Ross who?
Club Player

Junior wrote:

I think you will find that the Pies are holding it up with Cloke deal. They need points for F/S picks in Daicos and Brown. Pushing for more points from the picks they get for Cloke.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

According to sen Stevens likely to get delisted by the dogs so I doubt we give them any picks

Also what about 50 + 36 to an upgraded 2nd rounder day in the 20s?

Still reckon we might land a top 10 pick this year...not sure how but GC have far too many picks this year as it is! We could really hit a home run based on our first round position in 2017

#1 Ryder fan
ace
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
ace wrote:
jaxons wrote:
suss wrote:Any chance of us getting back into this year's first round Jaxons?

Some although Deledio to GWS means more unlikely now than likely.
So that would have been pick 15(1112pts) for 23(815pts) plus 36(502 pts).
We go down 205 pts but given picks slipping due to academy picks closer to 250pts.
But GWS has picks 51 (259pts), 55(207pts), 69(49pts) some of which they probably wont use.
We may need one if we use pick 50 on Koby Steven.

We are looking at pick 13 not 15.

They will end up with that pick for Marchbank.
Then let me rewrite it.

So that would have been pick 13(1212pts) for 23(815pts) plus 36(502 pts).
We go down 105 pts but given picks slipping due to academy picks closer to 150pts.
But GWS has picks 51 (259pts), 55(207pts), 69(49pts) some of which they probably wont use.
Last edited by ace on Thu 20 Oct 2016 8:33am, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The_President wrote:
stonecold wrote:
jaxons wrote:
stonecold wrote:Question for Jaxon and Tony, (just for those special posters that may think it's for them), are the club about to pull the trigger on the big deal yet?????

No big deal this year.
No worries, couldn't get it done in time then, thanks!!!!!

0/45
Better than 0-247, unless your playing cricket, have plenty of runs on the board dating way back to the original forum, have had plenty of PM's suggesting I ignore floggs like you, but guess I just carnt help myself, big deal was and maybe still is on the table, so that's how it is!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
ace
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
ace wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Playon wrote:
st.byron wrote:So nothing's happened today regarding our position. What's holding the works up? Is it the Adelaide / Gibbs thing?

The O'Meara / Hawks thing?

Or all of them together and there will be a frantic last minute frenzy tomorrow?
Guaranteed a last minute frenzy but perhaps not from us..Who knows

There was some talk that we needed Carlton to offer pick 5 for Marchbank and we'd use one of our next years firsts in to swap for pick 5.
It would benefit gws with their academy picks next year..and apparently they were interested
Looking unlikely...

We should maybe bid on Marchbank to make it happen,

I'm hoping some of our to be delisted players find a new home and happy to call it quits.. But you just never know if we have one more card to play
So we could :
1. Trade out a player and /or 23/36 in return for a first rounder
2. Trade 23 and 36 together for a first rounder.
3. Trade one of next year's first rounders for a first rounder this year.
4. Do nothing and go to the draft with 23 and 36 and two first rounders next year.

Any other suggestions?

Regarding the JOM / Hawks thing, I see an article on the ABC website quoting the CEO of the Suns absolutely bagging the Hawks.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-19/s ... tion=sport
Can't blame Gold Coast for giving it to Hawthorn.
Hawthorn had the picks to get O'Meara.
Pick 14, 23, 36 and next years first rounder would certainly have sealed the deal.
But the Hawks got greedy they spent pick 14 on Tom Mitchell then turned to Gold Coast and said none our players want to play for you and we don't have much left in the way of draft picks. You are going to have to help us out here because we need your player to win us another premiership.

Hawthorn's behaviour was deliberate and pre-meditated.
They knew they could not muck around with Sydney but hey Gold Coast they are not contenders we can muck with them.

Hi Ace
Hawks actually did the right thing here.
Mitchell was gettable with pick 14 and they closed it quickly.
Suns wanted a lot more than that for O'Meara.
Issue they had is they couldn't get any player to want to live in Gold Coast, otherwise would have been pick 10 and 48 plus one of Bruest, Smith, Shiel or Puopolo part of the trade.
Makes life very hard for them to satisfy Suns on that basis.
PIck 48 has no value to Gold Coast unless they can use it to improve one of their earlier picks
They will not activate a pick as low as 48 and Hawthorn knows it.
So all Hawthorn is offering is pick 10, instead of pick 10 and 14
Last edited by ace on Thu 20 Oct 2016 8:49am, edited 1 time in total.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Going to be an interesting few hours! Pretty happy with where the club's at but would be rapt if they managed to squeeze out a 2016 first rounder by 2:00pm

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

IluvHarvey wrote:
stonecold wrote:Question for Jaxon and Tony, (just for those retarded posters that may think it's for them), are the club about to pull the trigger on the big deal yet?????
As someone who has worked in disability before, can I ask that you remove that word from this post?
It says more about you than anyone who you are trying to bait.
I've worked in the disability sector too, copped a lot of crap for sticking up for my clients as well. However, I don't find that word offensive and it shouldn't be removed. It's part of my vernacular, and its a word I use to describe an idiot, an ignorant person or a fool. I've never used it (and that goes for many) to describe a person with a disability.

stonecold
SS Life Member

prwilkinson wrote:Going to be an interesting few hours! Pretty happy with where the club's at but would be rapt if they managed to squeeze out a 2016 first rounder by 2:00pm
I know the ITK has suggested that we are done(maybe holding back info) but don't rule us out on a first rounder for this year, we will have to trade one or two out to get it done(to which they have to agree to), so won't be easy, but still a possibility!!!!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Not sure what else we need to do
Next year (depending on us and Hawks position at end year) we could end up with
Sub 10 pick
10-15 pick
Early 30s pick
Plus on the market come Fyfe, Kelly, Shiel or Martin (no to last for mine)
We are in an exceptional spot with a war chest
If we could get sub 10 this year then maybe do something but otherwise why bother? Unless we think we need to be at 13ish to get a particular player...

“Yeah….nah””
stonecold
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
stonecold wrote:Question for Jaxon and Tony, (just for those retarded posters that may think it's for them), are the club about to pull the trigger on the big deal yet?????
As someone who has worked in disability before, can I ask that you remove that word from this post?
It says more about you than anyone who you are trying to bait.
I've worked in the disability sector too, copped a lot of crap for sticking up for my clients as well. However, I don't find that word offensive and it shouldn't be removed. It's part of my vernacular, and its a word I use to describe an idiot, an ignorant person or a fool. I've never used it (and that goes for many) to describe a person with a disability.
I've already removed it, on request, the R-Word is still used in some parts of the USA, my mistake, so I fixed the problem!!!!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote:

How about you THINK about your the content of your last sentence? You KNOW that we that we can get him for nothing, but yet you describe it a stuff up that Ameet has stuffed it up by not yet trading him in. No logic there.

I gather from that that you would deem it a success if we had already paid overs for Stevens?

Look at it logically please. Stevens is a NICE addition for us, and not a MUST. He is nice because even while not rated as a good player that he addresses a midfield need and midfield was an are of under-performance for us. He us an upside to be better than nice, but he may also just be the next Fiora who promises a fair bit, has the occassional BOG, but just cannot deliver it consistently enough. If we do not get him it is no big deal. As I said he is a nice pick up, and not a must.

He is a moneyball pick, the type of player you only pick up if the price is right. This is made more complex as our currency options are limited as we only have a certain number of picks from this years trad and next.

In addition with say picks 36 or 50 our trade team will have looked at what kids are likely and Stevens value has to be above what kids we think our likely.

Through in above that that the other 17 teams are all trading picks and players and it is a moving feast. Doggies may have been relaxed for example, but may now being trying to get a pick of us to pass onto the Pies for Cloke from us.

If he can go DFA, then we can just take hi there if the Doggies do not come to the party. If we miss him, then we miss him. Incompetence would be paying overs. Incompetence is not missing a fringe player when the price (in opportunity price) is too high.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Junior wrote:

How about you THINK about your the content of your last sentence? You KNOW that we that we can get him for nothing, but yet you describe it a stuff up that Ameet has stuffed it up by not yet trading him in. No logic there.

I gather from that that you would deem it a success if we had already paid overs for Stevens?

Look at it logically please. Stevens is a NICE addition for us, and not a MUST. He is nice because even while not rated as a good player that he addresses a midfield need and midfield was an are of under-performance for us. He us an upside to be better than nice, but he may also just be the next Fiora who promises a fair bit, has the occassional BOG, but just cannot deliver it consistently enough. If we do not get him it is no big deal. As I said he is a nice pick up, and not a must.

He is a moneyball pick, the type of player you only pick up if the price is right. This is made more complex as our currency options are limited as we only have a certain number of picks from this years trad and next.

In addition with say picks 36 or 50 our trade team will have looked at what kids are likely and Stevens value has to be above what kids we think our likely.

Through in above that that the other 17 teams are all trading picks and players and it is a moving feast. Doggies may have been relaxed for example, but may now being trying to get a pick of us to pass onto the Pies for Cloke from us.

If he can go DFA, then we can just take hi there if the Doggies do not come to the party. If we miss him, then we miss him. Incompetence would be paying overs. Incompetence is not missing a fringe player when the price (in opportunity price) is too high.
Incompetence is Hawthorn paying way overs for our pick 10.
Brilliant is how our trade team performed on that deal.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

ace wrote:
jaxons wrote:
ace wrote:
jaxons wrote:

We go down 205 pts but given picks slipping due to academy picks closer to 250pts.

Then let me rewrite it.

We go down 105 pts but given picks slipping due to academy picks closer to 150pts.
I know Jax has we want 13 not 15, but 15 & 27 is about the same on points with 23, 36 and 50. It's too good to be true though.

I still hold out hope for pick 5 or 6, thanks to last Friday my expectations became unrealistic thanks to the clubs for their posturing.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
stkfc1
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Not sure what else we need to do
Next year (depending on us and Hawks position at end year) we could end up with
Sub 10 pick
10-15 pick
Early 30s pick
Plus on the market come Fyfe, Kelly, Shiel or Martin (no to last for mine)
We are in an exceptional spot with a war chest
If we could get sub 10 this year then maybe do something but otherwise why bother? Unless we think we need to be at 13ish to get a particular player...
Agree. Unless we can get an unlikely super deal with our second round picks (5-8) then keep things as they are and trust our recruiting dept to pick a couple of diamonds in the rough. Well done on an excellent trade period Saints. Very happy.

bakes
Club Player

Junior wrote:

Hey Junior, next time you want to sell something, let me know, I reckon I could get a pretty good deal from you.
Ameet and the team, they know exactly what they're doing. To use the word "incompetence" is very harsh. Just be patient and wait and see how it plays out, then comment.

Playon
Club Player

Carlton list manager Stephen Silvagni doesn't seem to think there will be any movement on the Bryce Gibbs front.

"We're long way off," he said when he arrived at Etihad Stadium moments ago. he said Adelaide would need to put a bit more than pick No.13 on the table

Good on ya Sos use pick 5 for Marchbank

stonecold
SS Life Member

Hey Jax, can you please check your PM box?????

Cheers StoneCold.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:Hey Jax, can you please check your PM box?????

Cheers StoneCold.
Have you tried sending him a PM?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SuperDuper
Club Player

Playon wrote:Carlton list manager Stephen Silvagni doesn't seem to think there will be any movement on the Bryce Gibbs front.

"We're long way off," he said when he arrived at Etihad Stadium moments ago. he said Adelaide would need to put a bit more than pick No.13 on the table

Good on ya Sos use pick 5 for Marchbank
Exactly.. Adelaide know that SOS needs pick 13 for Marchbank. So who is he kidding?
13 for Gibbs is a good deal. Adelaide should just hold their ground.

stonecold
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote:
stonecold wrote:Hey Jax, can you please check your PM box?????

Cheers StoneCold.
Have you tried sending him a PM?
Yes, why do you think I ask him to check, he must be busy and trying to keep up with all movements they may happen!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

You're welcome!!!!

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
ace
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
ace wrote:
jaxons wrote:
ace wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Then let me rewrite it.

I know Jax has we want 13 not 15, but 15 & 27 is about the same on points with 23, 36 and 50. It's too good to be true though.

I still hold out hope for pick 5 or 6, thanks to last Friday my expectations became unrealistic thanks to the clubs for their posturing.
Please let me correct that

Adelaide have pick 13 but hope to get Gibbs with that pick.
Carlton are refusing.
Carlton need to do the deal for gIbbs to get 13 to do the deal for Marchbank
Onky then can we deal with GWS.
We go down 105 pts but given picks slipping due to academy picks closer to 150pts
What steak knives could be thrown in depends on who we are trading with.