Poll: Who will be our whipping boys in 2017?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Who will be our whipping boys in 2017?

Gilbert - that kicking, nuff said
23%
Billings - we could have had the Bont!
9%
Savage - headless chicken anyone?
9%
Longer - Any chance you can get a kick or two Billy
9%
Dempster - *cough* can't kick *cough* liability *cough*
3%
Brown - the new Delaney - nuttin but a dumb stopper
No votes
Geary - yeah yeah Mr Shut Down but what do you provide the other way Gears besides up and under kicking
6%
Webster - ok you can land a laser pass every now but do you do enough otherwise
3%
Carlisle - pick 5 went out the door for Mr Snapchat and so far he's delivered nothing but bad press
No votes
Armitage - running out of time to fulfill that potential from a top 10 pick
9%
Dunstan - sick of hearing about your in and under Dunny - do some damage on the outside mate - you've got a lot of competition for your spot
6%
Freeman - doing laps and barely touching it in the VFL is a great return on our $300k a year/2nd rounder
3%
Montagna - has the game gone past the old fella
3%
Rooey - I know it would be sacrilege, but if the big fella starts to struggle physically then questions could be asked about him playing as a midfielder when we have so much young talent on the sidelines
No votes
Lonie - Should we have a player who can only play as a small forward on our list?
3%
Steele - cost us a good pick, wanna see some pay back pretty quick
No votes
Acres - the big fella can do some amzing things but also some bizzare brain fades
3%
Roberton - is there a position for you Robbo - you are betwixt and between a bit mate
No votes
Stevens (Koby) - heard you're a s*** kick - nothing annoys as much as watching players turn it over
3%
Goddard - a big white elephant?
No votes
Wright - panic merchant
3%
Bruce - slipping from his initial high standards
3%
Paddy - No. 1 pick went on this cat and we need to see him on the field a lot this year
No votes
Richo - Real pressue this year Coach - many think we should make finals after missing out on % - if we don't start well get ready for the criticism about your Harvard/Meditation trips
No votes
Other - please specify and do your best to explain your irrational hatred
6%

Total votes: 35

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Poll: Who will be our whipping boys in 2017?

With rockstar Tommy Lee disappearing to the bottom of the charts and Gears getting begrudging respect for his small forward lock down jobs, who will step up to be our new "love to hate" players? You may choose three as its unreliable hating just one - sometimes they come good and you need a backup or two to vent on so you don't have to swallow all your bile.

Playon
Club Player

Re: Poll: Who will be our whipping boys in 2017?

I pick you.. Terrible thread

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:I pick you.. Terrible thread
Sorry Mr Po Face. Don't know what I was thinking about having a bit of light hearted fun - poking fun at us fickle fans more than the players. Back to the vitally important, extremely serious, no-time-for-mucking-around preseason stuff. Heavy work being a supporter for you Playon isn't it. Maybe chill out a bit. It's a long season ahead of us.

Playon
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
Playon wrote:I pick you.. Terrible thread
Sorry Mr Po Face. Don't know what I was thinking about having a bit of light hearted fun - poking fun at us fickle fans more than the players. Back to the vitally important, extremely serious, no-time-for-mucking-around preseason stuff. Heavy work being a supporter for you Playon isn't it. Maybe chill out a bit. It's a long season ahead of us.
Yeah it must be fun picking a player to bag, so enjoy you boredom

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

In the Saintsational world, all of them are likely to be whipped.

In the real world, all of them will be getting my support and encouragement. I am sick of old Bulldog-supporting mates and their too-fresh memories of 2016. I need to see my second flag soon to regain my bragging rights!

Saint supporter since '62
asiu
Saintsational Legend

fret not
the doggies will be one of our whipping boys in 17

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Playon
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote:In the Saintsational world, all of them are likely to be whipped.

In the real world, all of them will be getting my support and encouragement. I am sick of old Bulldog-supporting mates and their too-fresh memories of 2016. I need to see my second flag soon to regain my bragging rights!
I'm with you Trev, I'm looking forward to see who can take it to the next level. who can offer the same quality as this year and who can burst onto the scene.
Its a brand new season so its all positives,

Not everyone will make the 22 but I'm certainly not going to hold it it against them or blame them for it. Bugger the whipping boys, We'll be as good as we can

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
Trev from the Bush wrote:In the Saintsational world, all of them are likely to be whipped.

I'm with you Trev, I'm looking forward to see who can take it to the next level. who can offer the same quality as this year and who can burst onto the scene.
Its a brand new season so its all positives,

Not everyone will make the 22 but I'm certainly not going to hold it it against them or blame them for it. Bugger the whipping boys, We'll be as good as we can
Well I can only aspire to being the super-pure "holier than thou" supporters like you two who live in your pristine "my s*** don't stink" Ivory Tower. Guess I'm a sinner, not a Saint :wink:

This place is for passionate fans to discuss and vent - its the digital equivalent of down the pub. The passion from supporters is what lets players earn hundreds of thousands but has a flip side. You can't take the good without the bad - thats a lesson there for life. "Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners SAINTS. As heads is tails just call me Lucifer, I'm in need of some restraint". Let he who is without sin...

Its fun to dissect the team and players and play coach. I earn that by my "bum-on-seat" support at games. If players come here they are out of their minds. This isn't a place for them.

I pay hundreds in membership and reserved seat and freakin raffle tickets. I am allowed a place to unload and don't appreciate being guilt-tripped just because we dissect players a bit or have a bit of fun. Grow up. At the footy I yell and scream in drunken support and don't bag players besides some little discussions with folk next to me. THAT is true support. Not bigging yourself up on meaningless discuss board.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

are u a donkey on the edge Bluth ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Psychosaint66
Club Player

I don't care what year it is. For me there will only ever be the one St Kilda whipping boy. That psycho Archie Fraser. Boo!!!

Image Cute but psycho. Things even out.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:are u a donkey on the edge Bluth ?
I just think its a timely moment as we get ready for a tense season to point out that you can post here with forthright criticism of players and club, and that doesn't make you disloyal. This place is a venting/debriefing of fans, picking everything apart trying to find that right combination that unlocks another flag. We need a spot for the dark side of our passion to be given some reign to stay sane. As long as you are not a total dick about it I don't see the harm.

The whole loyalty thing is over played anyway. These guys are professionals earning a good living who often don't even choose to be at this club. People get carried away as if they are in the armed services or something fighting for god and country. They choose to play footy for a living and are well remunerated for a chasing a footy around. YEs they show bravery and courage on the field that results in injury but so to do stacks of amateur sportsman all around the country every weekend. And they don't get hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and free top notch medical and rehab facilities.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I will not hear a bad word about the almighty Gilbo.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Our fate is in the hands of Carlisle, Acres, Billings, Freeman and Dunstan.

These guys all take their game to the next level and we're a genuine premiership threat.

The ones that dont stand up will cop it no doubt

saynta
Saintsational Legend

A s*** thread.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I read the OP as a piss take of the fickle ways of forumites. Don't reckon there's any intention whatsoever to bag any players. Made me laugh when I read it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:I read the OP as a piss take of the fickle ways of forumites. Don't reckon there's any intention whatsoever to bag any players. Made me laugh when I read it.
Maybe....Maybe not.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:I read the OP as a piss take of the fickle ways of forumites. Don't reckon there's any intention whatsoever to bag any players. Made me laugh when I read it.
Maybe....Maybe not.
Tongue in cheek pisstake I reckon.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It's pretty clearly intended in good humour

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Can't we have Raph Clarke or Troy Schwarze on the list? Surely we could name a perpetual trophy in honour of these two for the whipping boy of the year. And the winner of the Clarke Schawrze award for 2017 is.............

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We need to start looking at teams as a whole - and the team includes the recruiters, the trainers, the selectors, the coach, the medical staff- and then finally the players.

You have salary restrictions, the draft system, etc..so you have to make the best of what you can and what you've got.

If an individual could have done better and chose not to -- if it was a matter of making wrong and selfish choices - that's when you can start pointing fingers.

Let's just concentrate on whipping other teams or trying to - and start looking at the bigger picture/becoming the best team we could be!