Five reasons not to go for Fyfe next year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Five reasons not to go for Fyfe next year

Spinner wrote:
Bluthy wrote:If Fyfe wants out, Freo won't match crazy money offers. Why would they want to keep a player who wants out and have to restructure their salary cap on the fly? If Fyfe indicates he wants out we will go after him with a huge offer.

Stop whinging about money like little babies. We have carefully structured our salary grading at this stage in the rebuild to have plenty to go after exactly a player like Fyfe. He is the midfielder superstar that we would exactly be targeting. It almost seems like we didn't use our super high picks for a genuine onballer for that reason. It's a risk we've taken to fill other holes and if we land Fyfe of Martin it pays off huge. Get used to us throwing huge money at someone as its been our plan from the get go once FA came in.

Best post I've seen in a long while.

Worth signing in and saying so. 100% agree and like you can't believe a sane person would think otherwise.
Want to see he can play at the level he could. Not everyone recovers their full capacity after a busted leg.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

So to Fyfe or not to Fyfe?

Well my answer is unequivocal

Getting Fyfe to the Saints would not only be a massive result for the team but an even bigger result for the club.

Those flowing locks alone could bring in an extra 10-20,000 members and if a few Premierships come with it then our clubs long term future will look as bright and beautiful as the famous Stone of Gavelston .

Everything is there in place -

- the Name (one of Australia's most famous and iconic precincts)
- the Location (gateway to Melbourne's enormous bay district)
- the Tri-Colours (best looking guernsey in the league bar none)
- the Spirit (Fortius Quo Fidelius coupled with a magnificent resolute slice of fk you)
- The Legend (that is the St Kilda Football Club and all its glorious notorious history)

We are a Sleeping Giant of the competition and just one successful decade will see our status of underachievers be doused in the flames of merciless redemption and the pain that was once bestowed upon us will become the pyre on which our enemies will burn as new supporters flock to jump aboard the Red White and Black juggernaut and join us to ride haloed winged unicorns on an unwavering, euphoric, journey to Pleasure Town and triumphant immortality.

So if Fyfe is available ............ well its time to shatter those heavy shackles and step up! :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Allan Killigrew would have been proud of that rev up, Devilhead.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: We are a Sleeping Giant of the competition and just one successful decade will see our status of underachievers be doused in the flames of merciless redemption and the pain that was once bestowed upon us will become the pyre on which our enemies will burn as new supporters flock to jump aboard the Red White and Black juggernaut and join us to ride haloed winged unicorns on an unwavering, euphoric, journey to Pleasure Town and triumphant immortality.
Poetic much, but is he actually as good as he was before he busted his leg?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Devilhead wrote: We are a Sleeping Giant of the competition and just one successful decade will see our status of underachievers be doused in the flames of merciless redemption and the pain that was once bestowed upon us will become the pyre on which our enemies will burn as new supporters flock to jump aboard the Red White and Black juggernaut and join us to ride haloed winged unicorns on an unwavering, euphoric, journey to Pleasure Town and triumphant immortality.
Poetic much, but is he actually as good as he was before he busted his leg?
It's a sad thought...

In an alternative reality where the wheel turns a bit more our way, we pinch a flag in 91/92, win again in 1997, the wheels don't fall off in 98 and we go back to back.

We win another double in 04 & 05 and do another double in 09 and 10

7 flags in 20 odd years and we're the most dominant team of the modern era

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

Yes that wouldve been good but lets be real. Had we won 91 or 92 we would still be drunk. Ricky Nixon would be even more of a flog those boys wouldve had saints name up in lights for all the wrong reasons. Had we won 97 same deal. We wouldve had huge hangover and never have gotten rid of hall or stan and thus never have landed reiwoldt. Nick Reiwoldt has with GT singlehandedly changed the culture of stkilda football club and when we win a flag in the next 10 years (and we will) it will be because of him.
If we could choose any of those lost years i would choose 2009. We wouldve handled it in our stride and gone on with 2010 for the double.
But dont worry out time is coming. We will get fyfe (the final piece of the puzzle) go back to moorabbin and win a flag, possibly as early as 2018. JSteele Freeman Goddard are 3 youngsters no one realises will be elite in a few years.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Your right in the sense that obviously by changing one part of the equation in essence you're changing the whole thing.

My point is that though we have the rep of being the worst club... by my count we have been a legitimate flag threat 7-8 times over the last 20 years...

By comparison! Melb and Rich have never been legitimate contenders in that time and prior to last year, you could have added the bulldogs to that list.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Nice Blackadder reference Devil but its spelt 'Galveston', lol. Incidentally I've always liked the song by Glen Campbell of the same name :D

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Nice Blackadder reference Devil but its spelt 'Galveston', lol. Incidentally I've always liked the song by Glen Campbell of the same name :D
Haha yes but did you know that the Stone of Gavelston is even bluer than the Stone of Galveston .......... not that I have ever seen it :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
stevie wrote:Nice Blackadder reference Devil but its spelt 'Galveston', lol. Incidentally I've always liked the song by Glen Campbell of the same name :D
Haha yes but did you know that the Stone of Gavelston is even bluer than the Stone of Galveston .......... not that I have ever seen it :wink:
Aah, I Ididn't realise there were two Stones. Are they both as blue and bright as the Infanta's eyes? Hmm Baldrick all this is making me hungry. Fetch me a Sir Gerald!

Comedy writing gold

Percy: You know, they do say that the Infanta's eyes are more beautiful than the famous Stone of Galveston.
Edmund: Mm! ... What?
Percy: The famous Stone of Galveston, My Lord.
Edmund: And what's that, exactly?
Percy: Well, it's a famous blue stone, and it comes ... from Galveston.
Edmund: I see. And what about it?
Percy: Well, My Lord, the Infanta's eyes are bluer than it, for a start.
Edmund: I see. And have you ever seen this stone?
Percy: (nods) No, not as such, My Lord, but I know a couple of people who have, and they say it's very very blue indeed.
Edmund: And have these people seen the Infanta's eyes?
Percy: No, I shouldn't think so, My Lord.
Edmund: And neither have you, presumably.
Percy: No, My Lord.
Edmund: So, what you're telling me, Percy, is that something you have never seen is slightly less blue than something else you have never seen.
Percy: (finally begins to grasp) Yes, My Lord.