Officially Unofficial Complaint To The AFL Re Umpiring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint6709
Club Player

Officially Unofficial Complaint To The AFL Re Umpiring

In these days of social media and every single persons ability to 'go public' the club doesn't need to make a complaint - the fans can ! And whilst there is no game without the clubs or the umpires there is also no go game without the fans.

Someone on this forum has already done a fantastic job to cut together some highlights packages etc - can he/she or someone else cut together some video footage to expose poor umpiring - for last nights game for example ?

That video could be sent to the AFL along with a petition from disgruntled fans - maybe run the petition through change.org or something - and get it around facebook etc - the AFL may be forced to take notice - depending on how many people get behind it - and the club has not had to fire a shot

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Officially Unofficial Complaint To The AFL Re Umpiring

Won't change a thing... the bias over there has been statistically proven

Yet still hidden, like tanking!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

FFS. Get a life. We lost. Because of bad kicking and a dismal last quarter. This
bleating is pathetic.

happy feet
Club Player

Interesting to see that a report on the news.com.au website "Please Make them accountable" in relation to umpiring last night has been taken down. The AFL machine into gear this morning.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Gil and his corrupt team of arseholes can all go f*** themsleves.

Now with Mike FitzCarlton out the new Chairman of the AFL is a boy from Perth

Nothing will change.

Perhaps ALL non-WA clubs should put in a submission to the AFL (and cc the media so it's not just "lost" Essendon style)
about the cheating umpiring in Perth. It's not just us, it's ALL teams that play the Eagles in Perth.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
GSG
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:FFS. Get a life. We lost. Because of bad kicking and a dismal last quarter. This
bleating is pathetic.
This view is a tad simplistic. Surely they missed important shots, but if they are aware that the umpiring is going against them, then they probably become hesitant, cautious and lose confidence, particularly the younger players. Natural instinct goes out of the window and overthinking takes over, particularly when lining up for a goal, and the whole fabric of the game can change quickly. And I have a sneaky feeling that the umpires know that.

GSG
Club Player

happy feet wrote:Interesting to see that a report on the news.com.au website "Please Make them accountable" in relation to umpiring last night has been taken down. The AFL machine into gear this morning.
Jon Ralph's tweets are still there.

Freebird
Club Player

I knew if I watched the game last night I would have smashed the TV - Umps never give us an even run interstate. All 50/50s go against us and as Con said the home team play hard and get away with it and we adjust accordingly.

I watched storm and kept an eye on the score

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

if they are aware that the umpiring is going against them, then they probably become hesitant, cautious and lose confidence, particularly the younger players. Natural instinct goes out of the window and overthinking takes over, particularly when lining up for a goal, and the whole fabric of the game can change quickly. And I have a sneaky feeling that the umpires know that.
Very good points.

I also think the run your team gets is directly linked to where the umpires rank you as a team.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

happy feet wrote:Interesting to see that a report on the news.com.au website "Please Make them accountable" in relation to umpiring last night has been taken down. The AFL machine into gear this morning.
Here.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 44068fd46f

Always loyal
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I'd expect the Club to put in a forceful complaint about the umpiring on the weekend and indicate that it will not accept those Umpires umpiring our games for at least the rest of the season.

That was the most inherently incompetent display of umpiring I've seen for a long time and it probably did cost us the game. It was so bad that the umpires actually looked like they were aiding West Coast.

The fact that umpires are not full time professionals who get sacked when they are consistently incompetent, is a penny pinching disgrace.Yet Gilligan fobs off anyone who mentions it.

I tell you what Gill you f*ckin' pill, worry about full time professionalism & competence of umpires, rather than their gender.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:FFS. Get a life. We lost. Because of bad kicking and a dismal last quarter. This
bleating is pathetic.
OK I'll bite. Get a life????? Is that get a life as in maybe get on a fan forum after a loss just to stir the pot and get ones jollys? OK then

mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Gil and his corrupt team of arseholes can all go f*** themsleves.

Nothing will change.

Perhaps ALL non-WA clubs should put in a submission to the AFL (and cc the media so it's not just "lost" Essendon style)
about the cheating umpiring in Perth. It's not just us, it's ALL teams that play the Eagles in Perth.
It was lucky there was a fairytale ending to the season last year to push all that nasty essendon drug stuff away. Ask Horse how he feels about the umpiring in the grand final at critical times of the match.

saint6709
Club Player

bleating is pathetic.
Yes we know your point of view you have been 'attacking the man' on all threads regarding the umpiring today.

But as GSG has said your view is a tad simplistic - to put some context in it for you - imagine a parallel universe where the saints get the umpires nod and the free kick count is 23-8 in our favour - that's a 30 free kick differential from last night - ie 15 less for them and 15 more for us - so in terms of the game that is a decision every 3-4 mins for entire game which changes from either them not getting a free or us getting a free - EVERY 3-4 mins for the whole game - talking about 'building pressure' - even though we missed some shots on goal we should have got - I think we stood up to the pressure of the game very well all things considered and it would have been a minor miracle to have actually won the game.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
bleating is pathetic.
Yes we know your point of view you have been 'attacking the man' on all threads regarding the umpiring today.

But as GSG has said your view is a tad simplistic - to put some context in it for you - imagine a parallel universe where the saints get the umpires nod and the free kick count is 23-8 in our favour - that's a 30 free kick differential from last night - ie 15 less for them and 15 more for us - so in terms of the game that is a decision every 3-4 mins for entire game which changes from either them not getting a free or us getting a free - EVERY 3-4 mins for the whole game - talking about 'building pressure' - even though we missed some shots on goal we should have got - I think we stood up to the pressure of the game very well all things considered and it would have been a minor miracle to have actually won the game.
I'll go a step further. I would just like that goal not to be reversed. It was given as a goal then the review was inconclusive but it was overturned anyway. That would have given us the biggest lead of the match, 2 goals in quick succession and all the momentum. Talk about sliding doors. That decision was against the rules. So keep all the other contentious ones, I would like to see what would have happened if that wasnt overruled. Keep in mind their 3 forwards had 9 free kicks between them, more than our whole team.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Gil and his corrupt team of arseholes can all go f*** themsleves.

Nothing will change.

It is only the Eagles.
Freo get a poor run with umps generally.
For some reason the Eagles have had a dream run for a decade.

23Buckets

mullet wrote:
saint6709 wrote:
bleating is pathetic.

I'll go a step further. I would just like that goal not to be reversed. It was given as a goal then the review was inconclusive but it was overturned anyway. That would have given us the biggest lead of the match, 2 goals in quick succession and all the momentum. Talk about sliding doors. That decision was against the rules. So keep all the other contentious ones, I would like to see what would have happened if that wasnt overruled. Keep in mind their 3 forwards had 9 free kicks between them, more than our whole team.
Touched on a key point in terms of the game. It wasn't just the differential in the count it was the place of the free kicks that hurt. Non free kick against Kennedy for hands in the back - goal, non 50m to members for not receiving ball on the full and overruled goal just to mention a few crucial kicks. From what I remember there were 4-5 key decisions that cost us goals or gifted them to the weagles.