Danger game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Danger game

Nothing pleases me more than torching the bombers but i see this game as a real danger one for us. I dearly hope we put them to the sword but the loss of Membrey will hurt. I was super confident going in to the tigers match but for some reason i am really nervous about the bombers...even after such an almighty performance.

Give me some confidence fellow sainters.... If you look at the run home the bombers have it easy. A win to the saints here and their season is over. A loss and they will be knocking on the door to take us out of the 8.

#1 Ryder fan
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Danger game

Saturday night I was euphoric - we could beat anyone - watched the replay again - loved it!

Sunday - watched the first half again - accepted that we took the foot off for the second half - still very happy

Monday - Worried about the tribunal - but also accepting that Richmond may have just had one of those nights that teams are having this year.
I am looking forward to Friday night's game to see if we have actually 'clicked' and can maintain the rage, the bombers will be a good test.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Im only worried that if we only got up for the Maddies game. If we fall in a heap on friday i would be pretty annoyed.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think that virtually every game left for us is a danger game for us, as apart from North, we are competing with all the other teams for a place in the 8 and not all of us can make it.

So the team we lose too may very well be the team that pushes us out of the 8.

We have the hardest run home of all of these teams.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dragit
Saintsational Legend

If we could only win one more match for the year, I would choose this one.

I hope Jake has a blinder and we crush them.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Saturday night I was euphoric - we could beat anyone - watched the replay again - loved it!

Sunday - watched the first half again - accepted that we took the foot off for the second half - still very happy

Monday - Worried about the tribunal - but also accepting that Richmond may have just had one of those nights that teams are having this year.
I am looking forward to Friday night's game to see if we have actually 'clicked' and can maintain the rage, the bombers will be a good test.

Well, first off, we did win the third quarter too - and at one stage led them by 95 points, so we only lost one quarter, which can very easily be put down to a 6 day break after coming back from Perth, so that doesn't concern me at all.
Historically Essendon have maintained a significant hoodoo over us, but not over the past 12 or 13 years where it is pretty much 55-45 our way. The only game we have lost to them in the past four years was a narrow defeat when Schneider missed right at the death, so I am not that worried about them any more. I think Hickey should be brought in if Membrey gets a holiday, and should definitely come in if Longer is sore or injured. If Tim is out it opens the door for Hickey to come back in, or for Paddy, or even someone else. Necessity breeds opportunity.
Essendon have done well this year in the same way that Richmond have in that they have controlled a lot of games, got themselves in winning positions and been pipped at the post, but in much the same way as Freo beating Richmond in Melbourne gave me confidence that we could account for them, Brisbane beating Essendon at Etihad gives me heart that we can win Friday night.
Necessity has seen them unearth some talent no doubt, and it will be a lot closer than Saturday night's game, but I believe we have the cattle do to defeat the Bombres, especially in the midfield. Steven has always played well against them in the past. Conversion will be all important and if we can maximise our inside 50s then we will get over the line in what should be a blockbuster match. Hopefully we break the 50,000 attendance barrier.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
philtee
Club Player

Saints fans need to be there to cheer on Jake Carlisle in his first match against his old side.

StPeter
Club Player

I was always confident we could beat Richmond. I don't have the same confidence this week.

A BIG danger game. A win against the bombers would make me very confident of making the finals.

A loss would probably see us missing the finals.
Last edited by StPeter on Fri 14 Jul 2017 4:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Natural nervousness; how long is a winning streak, lots of variables; Membrey out, Newnes doubtful or rested for the last quarter? Longer ok? Young Long and McKenzie second up; Ross now a taggers target? will Acres perform; walked under a ladder et al.....Structure and system is solid, each week someone else stands up, defence is v. good and the chaps have that winning feeling - Freo and Tiges wins particularly bonding and Richo looks more confident. So Kiss of death...I sure hope not.

Go Sainters (sung slowly to fast play)

saints66
Club Player

This is the problem of being a saints supporter.We have suffered pain over a long period and can't even enjoy the best win of our recent history,without worrying that we can win a game we all would of said was an easy win. I share your concerns and hope we can have the belief of a swans supporter and believe anything is possible.Put all of you positive thoughts towards the saints and enjoy the rest of the season. We are playing better than any of us would have thought.
Go saints 2017 here we come.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I hate this game. I hate this week.
If we lose im going to cop a lot of sh** at home.
My kids will turn from Stkilda to Dons.

If we win ill reverse the hate i face and throw it right back.

Theres just to much riding on it.
My anxieties cant cope.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

A real danger game..double six day break after perth trip.....possible let down from last sat and a key option from fwd line out

We may flat

saint4life
saints66
Club Player

I have the biggest issues of them all the wife is a bombers supporter and she came on board awhile ago still has soft spot for us but the oldest daughter has gone across after being a sainter off to the footy Friday.all i can hope for is a win because I don't take well to stirring after a defeat, but do like to dish it out!!

Premium89
Club Player

philtee wrote:Saints fans need to be there to cheer on Jake Carlisle in his first match against his old side.
Imagine how good it would be if he and Ben Long played absolute blinders in a saints win against the dons!!

Legendary
Club Player

chook23 wrote:A real danger game..double six day break after perth trip.....possible let down from last sat and a key option from fwd line out

We may flat
Agreed.

Two six-day breaks and flying back from Perth. We may get tired.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The Richmond match was the key to how well we would finish the year. The boys should now be full of adrenalin.

It will be a match of the racehorses and providing our tactics are right, I think that we have a better mix of skilled players.

We will miss Membery, but at Etihad, we play well. Go saints :D

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Should be a cracking game. Perhaps match of the round. Have a feeling the Injectors will be better prepared than Richmond.

A huge game. Don't want to be dropping it and then go into the double interstate trip at 9-7.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintbob
SS Life Member

If we let this game slip, it'll be really disappointing after the game we play last week.

We match up fairly well against the Bombers, Carlisle and Brown are the keys to a Saints victory as the must shut down Daniher and Stewart.
I imagine Geary will get first crackat Fantasia.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Every game is a danger game.

Think this one is a 55 45 game.

Maybe a 52.75 47.25 game.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Every game is a danger game.

Think this one is a 55 45 game.

Maybe a 52.75 47.25 game.
I hope it's more a 120 to 65 game.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Can't wait till we play a safe one.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Carlisle and Brown are the keys to a Saints victory as the must shut down Daniher and Stewart.
I imagine Geary will get first crackat Fantasia.
Who is on McD-Tippa-Walla? He usually goes okay against us.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bring it ON! I say!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Pinch Hitters
Club Player

It definitely will be, the Bombers are a team we should beat, but if we aren't at our best they will hurt us.

If we are to play finals this is a game we simply cannot afford to lose.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Nothing pleases me more than torching the bombers but i see this game as a real danger one for us. I dearly hope we put them to the sword but the loss of Membrey will hurt. I was super confident going in to the tigers match but for some reason i am really nervous about the bombers...even after such an almighty performance.

Give me some confidence fellow sainters.... If you look at the run home the bombers have it easy. A win to the saints here and their season is over. A loss and they will be knocking on the door to take us out of the 8.
Yup

Didn't watch most of it had exact same feelings - we aren't good enough to handle ANY expectation ..... we crumble
We must've known they'd cone after our win last with something to prove so what did we do ??
Witches hats
Why Acres is not in the side I don't know .... he'd be playing if he was in WA..

“Yeah….nah””