Sack the Coach (revisited)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trump

Re: Sack the Coach (revisited)

New coach asap that was unacceptable. Nice bloke but not afl standard or even close. Who ever signed hin for 2 more years can go too..this week !!

portosaint
Club Player

samoht wrote:It’s not only the coach that should be scrutinised - 50 possession Mitchell would have been handy ... what about our recruiters??
The same 50 possession Mitchell that didnt lay a tackle, didnt have one single 1%er, 12 clangers, and out of all that, was still only involved in 9 Hawks scoring chains for the match??

There are more important numbers than disposals these days... The reason Horse didnt rate him

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

well at least we're ticking all the key corporate "spirit of occasion" indicators and deflecting answerability by having a poor post op kid in with Richo's presser
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-03-30/ ... tch-saints
Had we showed some spirit today (and last week)I might have copped it, but the robotic stats talk and the foil of a sick kid, allowing Richo off the hook with some brutal honesty is just, for me, a little too rich
Insipid football, directionless, rudderless, frustrating , dare I say an infuriatingly fan insulting brand of football - we wait all summer to witness the improvement in players and game plan we expect, and are told to expect and pfft we struggle against really poor sides playing piss poor footy
2 weeks of questioning whether we're where we were at this time last year or whether we're further behind - I reckon the latter. Its been a long time since I've been this disappointed and as despondent - I just cant see us breaking out and playing connected football - will we step up play better against better sides? all that optimistic, long shot s*** that's the last resort of a deranged dreamer clutching at straws
I dont for one second feel I'm qualified to call for the head of a coach, but the buck's gotta stop somewhere right? Performances like today cant go on right?

Get your Halo's on? Gotta dig deep and pull them out of our arses first
So many negative. resentful emotions today - how about we rebrand our slogan for 2018 as "Unexpect the Expected"

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If I see the words 'highly regarded' again on here I will spew up.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Never heard so much ridicule directed at the Saints from commentators who have played the game, as I have today, and they were not just being smart assed, they were worried. The warning signs were there in the first JLT match.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I know that someone on the board has signed Richardson for a further 2 years after this year. That guy has to get the sack.

As we cannot afford to sack the coach this far out I think Richardson should do the honourable thing and resign (i.e. QUIT).

Fall on your sword richo. That was pathetic today!!!!!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

we have an assistant coach as our main coach. the entire coaching staff have no prior experience in their roles. we need a cleanout. richo has had four years to develop a game plan and learn how to manipulate a game in action. i have seen no improvement whatsoever. what effect must this have on the players? they show little motivation and seem to be going through the motions.
i don't actually think our list is that poor. they have been poorly developed and very poorly coached.
the management that installed such an inexperienced coaching panel should take a good hard look at themselves.
going to be a long year. the draft is meant to be a good one - but we've already traded our second rounder.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Highly regarded.

He has a gig on pay TV and everything.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintkev
Club Player

silverhalo wrote:I'll just say that we are GOING NOWHERE ........why?????
I've just seen Richardson's post-game press conference and he and what he said was utter cliched drivel: "we spoke at length..." And other meaningless words....blah, blah, blah!!!!!

SaintDippa
Club Player

Turnovers, how many were Richo's fault?
Missed tackles, how many were Richo's fault?
Dreadful misses at goal, how many Richo's fault?
Pea hearted attempts at shepherding , how many were Richo's fault?
Dreadful bombs into F50 when easier options were there, how many Richo's fault?
McCartin and Bruce dropped marks in F50... 30m missed targets, handballs to feet, terrible options, ...
Is it really the coach? Players thought to turn up and take the points. North has other ideas.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintDippa wrote:Turnovers, how many were Richo's fault?
Missed tackles, how many were Richo's fault?
Dreadful misses at goal, how many Richo's fault?
Pea hearted attempts at shepherding , how many were Richo's fault?
Dreadful bombs into F50 when easier options were there, how many Richo's fault?
McCartin and Bruce dropped marks in F50... 30m missed targets, handballs to feet, terrible options, ...
Is it really the coach? Players thought to turn up and take the points. North has other ideas.
when the entire flocks plays so poorly. looking lost and listless out on the park - it aint the sheep, it's the sheperd.

funny when so many players turn it on at sandy, then look absolutely lost at the saints.
here's an interesting quote on the difference.
"Going back and playing VFL, I was able to go back and play on instincts again and just rediscover how to play how I grew up playing and what initially got me drafted," Dunstan said."

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

well someone's ultimately responsible for "the team"
instilling a game plan, honing the skills, demanding accountability, fostering a sense of competitiveness and collective responsiblity
its a bit unfair to lay the blame of the in-cohesiveness of some very talented kids who've been playing aimlessly at the kids themselves
This isnt the 80s and we dont have a bunch of washed up Carlton hacks in it for the good times and a bunch of duds that couldnt get a gig
elsewhere
we've got a solid list that should have made much better progress than what we've seen in the last couple of weeks

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: when the entire flocks plays so poorly. looking lost and listless out on the park - it aint the sheep, it's the sheperd.
in a nutshell, at this point in the season and the reason why we're discussing

maybe ... its not not the cattle, its the cowboy.. git along little doggies

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Richo is NOT a good coach and we’ll never be playing finals as long as he’s at the helm.

While in the past I’ve been critical of the our playing list being a tad overrated by most supporters and I still stand by my comments of the rebuild being a failure (largely due to that debarcle of a 2014 draft), we have enough quality players that we should be at least be playing competitive footy, not being flogged by a bottom four Vic team coming off a 6 day break in water-logged Cairns.

Richo STILL clearly has no idea what to do when his so-called game plan goes pear-shaped and the players clearly don’t respond to him. Every star player who was available last year gave us the finger and it may only be a matter of time before our young players start requesting trades.

We are not improving, we are not a destination club, we are not well-coaches and we most definitely are NOT a good team. This club needs a significant exodus at an administration level. Don’t let these jokers botch another rebuild. One more botched rebuild and it could be the end of St Kilda as we know it.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
David-Lee
Club Player

You want to get really excited....look at our schedule.
We have to do the bulls*** thing of getting our backs up and come out and try to beat Crows to prove we are actually amazing. We will lose sadly. I dont see a win until maybe Freo round 8 or 9 maybe or who knows if we are 10 games in with 2 wins probably worth kerping richo so we can tank and get #1 pick which we will use on a guy eho can't play for 4 or 5 years but needs more time to develop so everyone get on board!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

sendmehomehappy wrote:Yeah/Nah...Not Pleasing!!!

I've given Richardson the benefit of the doubt up to now, despite the insipid losses towards the end of season '17.

Last week was ordinary, but today's effort was despicable.

The team clearly does not want to play for Richo.

Those guys should be inspired by the recent move back to Moorabbin...no excuses about facilities or location now.

Something stinks like hell when they put in such an inept display.

We have all run out of negative descriptors for this one.

Richo must go....now!

And so must the idiot who signed him to 2020.

Send Richo to Sandy so as not to totally waste the money.

Elshaugh must go now... most of his picks are playing like duds, and I don't want him around to f#$k up this season's draft.

The players should donate their 100% match fees to Good Friday.

There must be a monumental clean out of dud players at the end of the year.

The sooner the club bites the bullet with all these duds, dud at all levels, the sooner the Saints will get back...even if it takes 5 more years.

It will take forever, without slashing this giant abcess and draining the pus.
+ 1

The club needs to make a statement. Supporters and sponsors need some people to be accountable. Start off by replacing some of the board members who gave Richo a contract extension. Then put Richo on notice. Where is the development of players ffs. Where is our improvement coming from?

ace
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:It'd be knee-jerk to discuss this if he wasn't in his fifth season.

But there he is, in season five.

Discuss away. What other candidates are there?
They could give the coaching job to Trout.
Then he could inspire those secret traits he saw in the players that made him draft them over other better options.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Getting games into players is great but only if they are contributing
Hunter Clark 7 disposals from 66% game time
Ben Long 8 disposals from 89% game time
Paddy McCartin 10 disposals from 75% game time
Jack Sinclair 10 disposals from 82% game time
With supply like that is it any wonder Tim Membrey 8 disposals from 92% games.

They were preferred to the out of favour Mav Weller and Jack Lonie who shot the lights out for Sandringham.

This insipid effort began at the selection table.

Clark, Long, McCartin don't know what they are doing on an AFL ground.
Clark being played too early, he needs time at Sandringham to learn the game before he can be judged.
Long and McCartin played because no-one will admit they were taken way too early in their drafts.
Should have been rookies.

We need to replace the selection table.
Ikea has reasonably priced tables for self assembly.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
oh when the
Club Player

Richo needs to take his rose glasses off and look in a mirror there in lies the problem.

He is not up to AFL standard

portosaint
Club Player

ace wrote:Getting games into players is great but only if they are contributing
Hunter Clark 7 disposals from 66% game time
Ben Long 8 disposals from 89% game time
Paddy McCartin 10 disposals from 75% game time
Jack Sinclair 10 disposals from 82% game time
With supply like that is it any wonder Tim Membrey 8 disposals from 92% games.

They were preferred to the out of favour Mav Weller and Jack Lonie who shot the lights out for Sandringham.

This insipid effort began at the selection table.

Clark, Long, McCartin don't know what they are doing on an AFL ground.
Clark being played too early, he needs time at Sandringham to learn the game before he can be judged.
Long and McCartin played because no-one will admit they were taken way too early in their drafts.
Should have been rookies.

We need to replace the selection table.
Ikea has reasonably priced tables for self assembly.
So stats wise, Paddy had a better game than Tim with less TOG, yet is not afforded the same luxury when it comes to supply?? FFS

If he gets even REASONABLE supply, just once, we might actually get a decent look at him

saintbob
SS Life Member

Our rebuild went out the window when they kept the following players on the list;

Wright
Armitage
Lonie
Gilbert
Minchington

Gilbo and Armo have been warriors but the game has gone past them, the other 3 are nothing more than list cloggers.

SaintDippa
Club Player

My Plan for Richo.

1. Monday 10am. Sit the list and the coaches in the video room and watch a replay of the 2017 Richmond Maddies match. Mark, run. Mark run. Hit up a lead in F50. No long bombs. Win by plenty.
2. That's it. maybe Wednesday repeat 1.

Game has moved on from the tactics shown yesterday. You don't move the footy quick, play on at all costs and find open targets running into space inside f50 you will get smashed, do not matter who you are.
If we play the same way against Adelaide we will not score.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Our rebuild went out the window when they kept the following players on the list;

Wright
Armitage
Lonie
Gilbert
Minchington

Gilbo and Armo have been warriors but the game has gone past them, the other 3 are nothing more than list cloggers.

The contract extension for Pierce was unfathomable.
We are club that embraces mediocrity like no other.
Look at our captain.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 31 Mar 2018 3:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Recruit
Club Player

The Recruit
Club Player

This leak of Richo's ebook account gives me no confidence at all.....;)
Last edited by The Recruit on Sat 31 Mar 2018 1:07pm, edited 1 time in total.