Good Players now Duds

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Good Players now Duds

A few of the above will probably start requesting trades once their contracts are up anyway.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
portosaint
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:A few of the above will probably start requesting trades once their contracts are up anyway.
This. Don't give up on them, its not their fault.

portosaint
Club Player

bassoon wrote:No, we need to give up on them. Yes, it’s not their fault, but the damage has been done.

We want to win a Premiership we need to be brutal. Don’t care that you could kick goals on the run from 50 out in 2014. Most of the time now you can’t kick straight from 30 metres out five times out of six. Therefore find somewhere else to play. Sorry, enough of this rubbish.
Think you missed the sarcasm. Anyways, they will all be itching for an out. I shudder to think who would be itching for an in

St Lenny
Club Player

Are they duds, or is our Coaching so bad? And I think we could add a few more to tha list also.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I think they can all play, our system over the last year and a bit seems to have destroyed them. I fear the same will happen to Long and others who are showing a bit at the moment.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:I think they can all play, our system over the last year and a bit seems to have destroyed them. I fear the same will happen to Long and others who are showing a bit at the moment.
You not offended by this thread title!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
elizabethr
Club Player

Armo deserves a trade away from his despicable treatment.

nothing to say
Moods
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:Armo deserves a trade away from his despicable treatment.
What's his despicable treatment? He struggled to get a kick and has been sent back to the reserves?

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Players now around the 40 - 80 match point shouldn't be going backwards. Have they not been challenged enough? Is it their personalities or the coaching group? It's really not good enough. They'll all find themselves out of the AFL system if the penny doesn't drop pretty quickly.

Freebird
Club Player

bassoon wrote:And this the issue that needs to be addressed.
In no particular order,
Membrey
Bruce
Billings
Sinclair
Gresham
Lonie.

Now we know where they’re at now. But remember when they all played they’re first few games.

These were the players that webuilt our future on, and now there is no future.

It is so critical that young players are taught correctly when they come down to a club.

Once you’ve played 50 plus games, you should be established AFL Players.

For whatever reason, none of the above are consistently up to AFL Standard.

I have given up on the above,even though it’s probably not their fault.

It’s time for the Club to stand up and take action. A review is needed on the whole Football Department. Wecan talk about high draft picks, etc. etc none of it is worth a toss if the game plan, goal kicking, basic skills, and fitness levels are not up to standard.

FFS When I see players miss targets by foot and hand (somtimes as close as a few metres away), missinshots from a couple of metres away,and the worst, where a couple of our players backed away from Gunston in the last so he’s ableto havea snap from 50 metres out with no pressure, it reminds me of the 80s, when our only wins came on the Moorabbin Mud Heap.

What is clear, if we don’t put the Coaching, and Development people under severe scrutiny, players like White, Coffield, Clarke, Marshalll and Battle will go the same way as the above.

Sevenyears without playing Finals - if nothing changes, it could be another ten.

Not one of those players are mids/ruck and this is where we're being monstered..unfortunately, we have a team that suffers fear of failure and don't want the ball at all costs.
Our mids just don't create or make things happen

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Many problems at present but I think once the current coaching staff goes the players will lift regardless of who it is. But I can't believe how bad we are at present and how we are going backwards. I don't blame the mids as we only have one outside mid at which is not enough and at present and he isn't tagged anymore as, well lets be honest, why bother, they will win regardless.

Super draft coming so its a good year to suck. Remember we got Roo and BJ close to each other so we have Coffield and Clark so one more and we might start getting good again in 2019. It's all I have people

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

And what AFL side would he get a game at?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

whiskers3614 wrote:
And what AFL side would he get a game at?
Suns

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
longtimesaint
Club Player

I have had a look at our list and 15 players were sub 25 draft picks where the good AFL players come from,
You can have a couple of misses in this draft range but most should be good or better AFL players.
If these players were at Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond , Collingwood or the more powerful interstate teams they would be very good performers by now,
Look how McEvoy, Lynch and Stanley have improved so I don’t think we are lacking talent but haven’t developed them well.
If that is true then having early picks would not help if the new players finish up the same way.

One year will be our year
takeaway
Club Player

Lonie I agree with. The rest are fine.

St. Paul
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote:Many problems at present but I think once the current coaching staff goes the players will lift regardless of who it is. But I can't believe how bad we are at present and how we are going backwards. I don't blame the mids as we only have one outside mid at which is not enough and at present and he isn't tagged anymore as, well lets be honest, why bother, they will win regardless.

Super draft coming so its a good year to suck. Remember we got Roo and BJ close to each other so we have Coffield and Clark so one more and we might start getting good again in 2019. It's all I have people
Yes a super draft coming up. So what does that genius Elshaug do? Trades away our second and third round picks. You can't make this shyte up.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."