Coach cans his side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Coach cans his side

Says saints are not a good side.

And for once he is spot on.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/we- ... 4zclf.html

"We are not a good team at the minute, absolutely, I totally agree," Richardson replied when questioned on his side's early-season form on Fox Footy's AFL 360.

"There's no doubt it's a challenging time for our footy club. It's a challenging time for our playing group and certainly for our coaching staff.

"And probably the most challenging time I've had in my time at the club, given that we've generally made pretty steady progress (each year), I reckon. There's no doubt about that."

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Coach cans his side

Time to get funky I think. If the ball is stuck in our backline play McCartin at true FF with Membrey on our 50M line. Anything that’s gets through is a goal and if Melbourne man these players up it weakens their forward press. If what we are currently witnessing is us trying to be like the others then let’s try to be unique and create the next successful style. Try something please

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Agree Goose.
Blight said something similar. Play a deep forward (paddy). Let’s see some different tactics.
I personally would like to see us go much more attackng.
I think Blight is a pompous knob most of the time, but I think he got this one right.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Agree Goose.
Blight said something similar. Play a deep forward (paddy). Let’s see some different tactics.
I personally would like to see us go much more attackng.
I think Blight is a pompous knob most of the time, but I think he got this one right.

I agree with this to be honest. It requires quick, direct ball movement though, as slow movement allows opposition to get back in numbers and swamp Paddy. Quick direct ball movement sadly results in us turning the ball over atm however.

David-Lee
Club Player

Rubbish. The side is ok, we have a coach who has no clue, what a pathetic coward to place the blame on the players alone, saying it's a challenging time for coaches - as if they are working hard to fix these messed up players...how did they get messed up? Why are 3rd, 4th and 5th year players acting like vfl rookies?

Stand up and admit you failed or maybe he can't? Some people are too arrogant to accept the blame for failing .

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:Rubbish. The side is ok, we have a coach who has no clue, what a pathetic coward to place the blame on the players alone, saying it's a challenging time for coaches - as if they are working hard to fix these messed up players...how did they get messed up? Why are 3rd, 4th and 5th year players acting like vfl rookies?

Stand up and admit you failed or maybe he can't? Some people are too arrogant to accept the blame for failing .
Thats how big of a fwit he is - time to go Richo.

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

We are getting gaff and j kelly
Freeman will become a premier wingman

Billings gresh acres are guns dont worry they will be awesome

Goddard and claravino will be key backman soon.

2019 we will play finals

2020 with j kelly we win the flag with the best mix of young/old very deep list.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:Rubbish. The side is ok, we have a coach who has no clue, what a pathetic coward to place the blame on the players alone, saying it's a challenging time for coaches - as if they are working hard to fix these messed up players...how did they get messed up? Why are 3rd, 4th and 5th year players acting like vfl rookies?

Well, he did accept some responsibility in the same article

""I'm responsible and we're responsible, I wouldn't say to make the place a positive place, but so that there's absolute understanding of what we're not doing to make sure we're more consistent, and that there's some real energy."

The Saints looked to have turned the corner when they snapped a run of three heavy defeats with a gutsy draw against flag fancies Greater Western Sydney in round five."

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Time to get funky I think. If the ball is stuck in our backline play McCartin at true FF with Membrey on our 50M line. Anything that’s gets through is a goal and if Melbourne man these players up it weakens their forward press. If what we are currently witnessing is us trying to be like the others then let’s try to be unique and create the next successful style. Try something please
Yes but they have an extra back at all times which double teams Paddy and Richo will always allow this as he likes Jake or Robbo free at the other end.

We also seem to fancy Billings, Membrey and Greg getting off the leash when we run out of the back line and have these guys sprint into open forward space. Having Paddy deep removes this scoring option, and let's be honest running into the open goal is the only way we kick them (ahem Membrey).

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely I totally agree, Blight is a pompous knob. However I don't agree with G.Lyon that Carlton has far more talent. We have the sufficient talent to finish close to the eight with a reasonable draw and a common hymn book. Team selection is, as wiser heads here have noted, totally naïve if not negligent. Players have been allowed to become unaccountable for unacceptable skill displays and selective concentration. When Richo said there had been steady progress under his leadership Scott and Whateley had to use all their professionalism not to laugh. Richo is now out of his depth. I hope the players rally, to say Kingsley, or because hey are fed up with being ridiculed. J. Geary - roast someone. Everybody, kick to your first thought team mate. Now all, please stand and sing psalm #1 "Oh when the Saints come marching in......"

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Gary Lyon is a wife stealing, grass cutting, adulterous knob. Who gives a flying f*** what that tosser thinks.

St. Paul
Club Player

This is the beginning of the end for Elliott Goblet. About time too.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:This is the beginning of the end for Elliott Goblet. About time too.
Elliott Goblet hey, that's an interesting character from the 80's!!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:Gary Lyon is a wife stealing, grass cutting, adulterous knob. Who gives a flying f*** what that tosser thinks.
Good call. I can't even look at the bloke on the idiot box anymore. Same as Carey. I just cringe thinking of what they did to their mates.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

And he mumbles something shocking. Much more articulate when he cross dressed on the footy show.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Yorkeys wrote:And he mumbles something shocking. Much more articulate when he cross dressed on the footy show.
Loves a bit of cross-dressing does Gaz, not just on the footy show either!!!!!!

St. Paul
Club Player

Evidence? Or just slander?

St. Paul
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
St. Paul wrote:This is the beginning of the end for Elliott Goblet. About time too.
Or if you're not a moron, you could google Elliot Goblett as suggested by another poster and you could have a laugh without obsessing about another poster. Piggy Davies.

St. Paul
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
Or if you're not a moron, you could google Elliot Goblett as suggested by another poster and you could have a laugh without obsessing about another poster. Piggy Davies.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:
Yorkeys wrote:And he mumbles something shocking. Much more articulate when he cross dressed on the footy show.
Loves a bit of cross-dressing does Gaz, not just on the footy show either!!!!!!
Hate to know what good old Gaz gets up to behind closed doors! :P

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Whatever Drake, no-one cares that your trying to be about 40 years younger, whatever floats your boat old man!!!!!

Good luck Legend!!!!!

DIDRIPD!!!!!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Gary Lyon is a wife stealing, grass cutting, adulterous knob. Who gives a flying f*** what that tosser thinks.
How do you figure? He was separated at the time and so was Billy from his wife. Dubious scruples but who are we to criticise? We hired Simon Lethlean who WAS married at the time. Anyway all this is irrelevant. I reckon Lyon knows his footy and when I hear him talk footy I couldn't give stuff who he is currently shagging.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Whatever Drake, no-one cares that your trying to be about 40 years younger, whatever floats your boat old man!!!!!

Good luck Legend!!!!!

DIDRIPD!!!!!
You guys have to be careful or you will both get banned.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St. Paul
Club Player

I ignore the moron and forum joke.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
How do you figure? He was separated at the time and so was Billy from his wife. Dubious scruples but who are we to criticise? We hired Simon Lethlean who WAS married at the time. Anyway all this is irrelevant. I reckon Lyon knows his footy and when I hear him talk footy I couldn't give stuff who he is currently shagging.
Separated?????....bulls***.

You appear like you would believe anything.