Rd 7 Team is in.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

portosaint
Club Player

Re: Rd 7 squad is in.

It blows my mind that such staunch supporters of the club see no issue with Blake being played the way he is. Wow

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:He's not injured. He's just a bit sore and beat up. Has been since the Geelong game. Been on a modified training program.
Thanks T74. As others and myself suspected. The kid is sore and needs a week off. Pretty simple. He got managed for a week.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
St. Paul
Club Player

Keep the excuses coming. That's the way to improve, isn't it? In reality none of us know the real reason he's out so it's all speculation. If you believe the official word coming out of the Kremlin, then good for you, Komrade. I'm not a believer in The club's spin, nor that of the sycophants. Something's far from right at Moorabbin.

"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
St. Paul
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Yes indeed, it's a wonder, tread carefully otherwise you may get a nasty, threatening PM of one of them, like I did at 1:30 in the morning!!!!!

I've had to tuck myself away in fear!!!!! :wink:
In all my years on saintsational I have NEVER recvd an angry PM
why would people single you out?
Abuses, harangues, picks fights with multiple posters, gets banned for baiting and then whinges about getting a "nasty" PM. Gets a free ride from the mods. Go figure.

takeaway
Club Player

All this rubbish over a player being "managed" which happens in all other 17 teams. Blake wasn't quite himself I thought last game. The only one with any sort of knowledge about the issue here is Tony74, giving him a rest is good management.
Gives someone else a go as well.

portosaint
Club Player

To admit he is sore from rucking would admit fault. They are not about to do that.

Give someone else a go? Hardly in a position where we can afford to not have our better players on the field. Once again, the team will pay the price for mismanagement.

stonecold
SS Life Member

St. Paul wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Yes indeed, it's a wonder, tread carefully otherwise you may get a nasty, threatening PM of one of them, like I did at 1:30 in the morning!!!!!

Abuses, harangues, picks fights with multiple posters, gets banned for baiting and then whinges about getting a "nasty" PM. Gets a free ride from the mods. Go figure.
Give it a rest champion, I'm not who you thought I was, you need to go back to the drawing board with your detective work!!!!!

Not whingeing about your PM at all, just making others aware (those you mentioned in the PM) that they need to be careful when upsetting you!!!!! :lol:

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
stonecold
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Don't know, don't care, insanity maybe!!!!!

Not a big deal, just mentioned two other posters in it, which was not called for, so I am rightly making them aware, that's all!!!!!

I think the poster should really apologise to the other posters for such an unprovoked attack on them!!!!!

Let's see if he can man up and do the right thing by them!!!!!

PS. No apology required for me, thanks!!!!!
Last edited by stonecold on Fri 04 May 2018 4:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote:All this rubbish over a player being "managed" which happens in all other 17 teams. Blake wasn't quite himself I thought last game. The only one with any sort of knowledge about the issue here is Tony74, giving him a rest is good management.
Gives someone else a go as well.
Yes, this!!!!!

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

portosaint wrote:To admit he is sore from rucking would admit fault. They are not about to do that.

Give someone else a go? Hardly in a position where we can afford to not have our better players on the field. Once again, the team will pay the price for mismanagement.
The obsession with Acres' rucking is incredible. Despite the fact that no one (at least on this Forum) has the faintest clue what caused Acres' knocks and bruises.

With news of Acres been managed, first many jump to the conspiracy that he's been dropped and subsequently rage against Richo. When they consider or accept that he's not fit, then how can they still rage against Richo? Of course it must be because he was rucking!

Perhaps one of you can point to a specific rucking incident where Acres may have beeen hurt in support of your theory, otherwise you're just making it up as you go along.

Has anyone given thought to the possibility that he sustained it in a marking contest or in a congested maul? Perhaps the wear and tear of running several kms per game on different surfaces? etc etc. Nah it has to be because he rucked!

Tony74 has said it happened during the Geelong game. Someone has kindly clarified that Acres relieved Hickey in the 2nd half after Marshall was injured. Go and look at our team that day and tell me who else could have relieved Hickey that day?

This rucking injury is baseless speculation by random Forumites based on absolute zero evidence. Just a guess and probably fiction.

St. Paul
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Don't know, don't care, insanity maybe!!!!!

Not a big deal, just mentioned two other posters in it, which was not called for, so I am rightly making them aware, that's all!!!!!

I think the poster should really apologise to the other posters for such an unprovoked attack on them!!!!!

Let's see if he can man up and do the right thing by them!!!!!

PS. No apology required for me, thanks!!!!!
I genuinely believe you are9 suffering a severe mental illness, which has dislocated you from reality. You threaten physical assault, involve family members of posters, heap vile abuse on others, continually slander one member who has the courage to stand up to you, then play victim when you are called out. A real hard man aren't you? If you want to pursue your obsession, he is posting on Bigfooty, I'm told. Like all the other decent posters on here, I reckon he got sick of the pathetic moderating of BFUSA and his PC, snowflake agenda, except when it came to threatening, abusing and continually baiting others. As another ex-forumite warned and messaged me, that he forum would be far better off if he returned to the USA to be with his people in San Francisco.

As for you pebbles, you are The biggest shitstain on this forum there has ever been.

portosaint
Club Player

Anyway, final team is named.

Good to see Clark and Marshall back. Still a very underwhelming football team. Turnovers aplenty.

Fingers crossed the boys are really switched on and the Dees don't turn up.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Sean Grigg, who is shorter and lighter than Acres has played the same midfield/second ruck role for the last 3 seasons and has not missed a game, ruck contests are no where near as brutal as they used to be, Acres doesn't even really make any contest in centre bounces or ball ups he just waits for the tap out and acts as an additional mid. in boundary throw ins there is a bit of wrestling but certainly nothing that will injure a guy. Fact is, Acres is predominately an in and under mid that also likes to take on and break a tackle, he also has been playing as a 3rd tall forward where he gets crashed into in marking contests, this is more likely the cause of his soreness.
But this won't fit the "blame it on the coaching staff, training staff, CEO, recruiters, President" lunatics on this forum

portosaint
Club Player

Glad you're happy they utilize Blake the way they do. It is, after all, so beneficial for the team.

Maybe Bevo and Bolton can learn a thing or two from the Saints and do the same with Bont and Cripps. Those losers have no idea

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="St. Paul]

As another ex-forumite warned and messaged me, that he forum would be far better off if he returned to the USA to be with his people in San Francisco.

been.[/quote]

If that means what I think it means then I think it will be you to sit out

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Rd 7 Team is in.

Would've loved to see Battle this weekend, probably instead of Armitage.

St. Paul
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:[quote="St. Paul]

As another ex-forumite warned and messaged me, that he forum would be far better off if he returned to the USA to be with his people in San Francisco.

been.
If that means what I think it means then I think it will be you to sit out[/quote][/quote]
Who cares? With respect to The comic book guy on for Simpsons, "worst moderator ever! " It would be typical. Nobody gets banned for threatening fotumites' relatives, threatening physical violence, continually baiting and trolling and straight out abuse of multiple posters . An oblique reference to abnormality is out of bounds. You made my point for me. Trust you to point it out.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Scenes that may possibly have played out this week regarding Blake Acres

Blake fills out the usual forms at the start of the week and lets medical staff and coaches know that he feels pretty much his usual self.

Team meetings occur Wednesday and Blake is told by Richo that he'll be doing his usual job of second ruck against the Demons

Blake thinks; Jesus 'effn Christ, not again!!
Suddenly those little niggles and bruises are a bit of a concern. Mentally the kid is feeling tired. He's not looking forward to getting battered and bruised contesting in the ruck and in marking duals against Max Gawn

Thursday morning when Blake is filling out those forms about 'how he feels' he reveals he is quite sore. He thinks to himself that if it's ok for Gresh and Jill and JB and Seb to play bruise free footy and act like they don't give a stuff( and yet they get picked each week) why the faaaark should I bust my ass!?!

He has a chat to the coaches later that morning and just honestly let someone know that perhaps if he rotates through the midfield as a rover and maybe down forward he might get through...but I won't be ready to play second ruck. Richo spits the dummy because he's certain that his game plan will come good and strategy of using Blake in the ruck is the correct way to utilise Blake's talent.

Richo feels like Blake needs to be more committed to Richo. The coach feels vindicated in dropping him last year as well when he didn't adhere at times to the defensive pressure and Blake didn't achieve his kpi's on the 1 percenters.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Scenes that may possibly have played out this week regarding Blake Acres

Blake fills out the usual forms at the start of the week and lets medical staff and coaches know that he feels pretty much his usual self.

Team meetings occur Wednesday and Blake is told by Richo that he'll be doing his usual job of second ruck against the Demons

Suddenly those little niggles and bruises are a bit of a concern. Mentally the kid is feeling tired. He's not looking forward to getting battered and bruised contesting in the ruck and in marking duals against Max Gawn

Thursday morning when Blake is filling out those forms about 'how he feels' he reveals he is quite sore. He thinks to himself that if it's ok for Gresh and Jill and JB and Seb to play bruise free footy and act like they don't give a stuff( and yet they get picked each week) why the faaaark should I bust my ass!?!

He has a chat to the coaches later that morning and just honestly let someone know that perhaps if he rotates through the midfield as a rover and maybe down forward he might get through...but I won't be ready to play second ruck. Richo spits the dummy because he's certain that his game plan will come good and strategy of using Blake in the ruck is the correct way to utilise Blake's talent.

Richo feels like Blake needs to be more committed to Richo. The coach feels vindicated in dropping him last year as well when he didn't adhere at times to the defensive pressure and Blake didn't achieve his kpi's on the 1 percenters.
So, dropped for team balance. To get a real ruckman in.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote:Scenes that may possibly have played out this week regarding Blake Acres

This has the makings of a good fiction novel.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Linton Lodger wrote:
Tony74 has said it happened during the Geelong game. Someone has kindly clarified that Acres relieved Hickey in the 2nd half after Marshall was injured. Go and look at our team that day and tell me who else could have relieved Hickey that day?

This rucking injury is baseless speculation by random Forumites based on absolute zero evidence. Just a guess and probably fiction.
Can I have a go ?
The powers that be used to go with Bruce as second ruck and we all know how that turned out

Seeya
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

+1

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

BringBackMadDog wrote:Sean Grigg, who is shorter and lighter than Acres has played the same midfield/second ruck role for the last 3 seasons and has not missed a game, ruck contests are no where near as brutal as they used to be, Acres doesn't even really make any contest in centre bounces or ball ups he just waits for the tap out and acts as an additional mid. in boundary throw ins there is a bit of wrestling but certainly nothing that will injure a guy. Fact is, Acres is predominately an in and under mid that also likes to take on and break a tackle, he also has been playing as a 3rd tall forward where he gets crashed into in marking contests, this is more likely the cause of his soreness.
But this won't fit the "blame it on the coaching staff, training staff, CEO, recruiters, President" lunatics on this forum
Ok so we.are getting down to the nitty gritty of player attributes and I would say sam Gilbert to be a better comparison with Sean Grigg
As for your summation of today's ruckwork it certainly doesn't gel with how. stonecold sees it - they need to bring presence, crash and bash and protect the onballers. Those sort of attributes are going to have toll on the body.

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Holding Blake back so he's cherry ripe for the finals. Smart.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Holding Blake back so he's cherry ripe for the finals. Smart.
It might work.
The dreamons held back petracca so that he would be fresh to avenge his bruised ego. The big number two pick will no doubt pull his mighty finger out for the occasion.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post