Rd 7 Team is in.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rd 7 Team is in.

parkeysainter wrote:
Scollop wrote:Scenes that may possibly have played out this week regarding Blake Acres

Blake fills out the usual forms at the start of the week and lets medical staff and coaches know that he feels pretty much his usual self.

Team meetings occur Wednesday and Blake is told by Richo that he'll be doing his usual job of second ruck against the Demons

Blake thinks; Jesus 'effn Christ, not again!!
Suddenly those little niggles and bruises are a bit of a concern. Mentally the kid is feeling tired. He's not looking forward to getting battered and bruised contesting in the ruck and in marking duals against Max Gawn

Thursday morning when Blake is filling out those forms about 'how he feels' he reveals he is quite sore. He thinks to himself that if it's ok for Gresh and Jill and JB and Seb to play bruise free footy and act like they don't give a stuff( and yet they get picked each week) why the faaaark should I bust my ass!?!

He has a chat to the coaches later that morning and just honestly let someone know that perhaps if he rotates through the midfield as a rover and maybe down forward he might get through...but I won't be ready to play second ruck. Richo spits the dummy because he's certain that his game plan will come good and strategy of using Blake in the ruck is the correct way to utilise Blake's talent.

Richo feels like Blake needs to be more committed to Richo. The coach feels vindicated in dropping him last year as well when he didn't adhere at times to the defensive pressure and Blake didn't achieve his kpi's on the 1 percenters.
This has the makings of a good fiction novel.
More like the beginning of the final chapter of a history book.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The_Merchant
Club Player

Re: Rd 7 squad is in.

St. Paul wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:[quote="St. Paul]

As another ex-forumite warned and messaged me, that he forum would be far better off if he returned to the USA to be with his people in San Francisco.

been.
If that means what I think it means then I think it will be you to sit out
[/quote]
Who cares? With respect to The comic book guy on for Simpsons, "worst moderator ever! " It would be typical. Nobody gets banned for threatening fotumites' relatives, threatening physical violence, continually baiting and trolling and straight out abuse of multiple posters . An oblique reference to abnormality is out of bounds. You made my point for me. Trust you to point it out.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
“abnormality” poor form mate. No idea who you are, but that is pretty pathetic. All the mods here do a great job, for no reward. People like you come on here and pot them, players and coaches, throwing very ordinary insults around. Feel free to go and follow the pies, don’t need people like you at our club.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

The_Merchant wrote:
St. Paul wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:[quote="St. Paul]

As another ex-forumite warned and messaged me, that he forum would be far better off if he returned to the USA to be with his people in San Francisco.

been.
If that means what I think it means then I think it will be you to sit out
Who cares? With respect to The comic book guy on for Simpsons, "worst moderator ever! " It would be typical. Nobody gets banned for threatening fotumites' relatives, threatening physical violence, continually baiting and trolling and straight out abuse of multiple posters . An oblique reference to abnormality is out of bounds. You made my point for me. Trust you to point it out.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
“abnormality” poor form mate. No idea who you are, but that is pretty pathetic. All the mods here do a great job, for no reward. People like you come on here and pot them, players and coaches, throwing very ordinary insults around. Feel free to go and follow the pies, don’t need people like you at our club.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Yep. The mods and organisers of this site do a great job for nothing I'm assuming so we can all dribble on about the ST KFC.

A thankless task so congrats to the mods.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You’re not so innocent Porky.

You intentionally bait and inflame with your inane threads and posts.

You’re a bit passive aggressive me thinks.

Either that or you’re just a halfwit.

Not sure; it could go either way.

Oink!
Last edited by SaintPav on Sat 05 May 2018 12:24am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:You’re not so innocent Pork.

You’re a bit passive aggressive.

Oink!
I've never been banned SaintPavalova. Not even close. I just defend the ST KFC when posters go too far with abuse of players, coaches, the club, etc. Plus I fully respect the moderators so I really tone down how far I want or could go! :P

I'm a positive poster. I won't apologise or back down from that.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:

Oink!
I've never been banned SaintPavalova. Not even close. I just defend the ST KFC when posters go too far with abuse of players, coaches, the club, etc. Plus I fully respect the moderators so I really tone down how far I want or could go! :P

That’s BS and don’t play the innocent card Porkey!

You begin idiotic threads 5 min after a bad loss when we are all pissed saying that we can still make the 8.

Like I said, you are either a moron or a baiter.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sat 05 May 2018 12:33am, edited 1 time in total.

Ape_Man
Club Player

Scollop wrote:Scenes that may possibly have played out this week regarding Blake Acres

Blake fills out the usual forms at the start of the week and lets medical staff and coaches know that he feels pretty much his usual self.

Team meetings occur Wednesday and Blake is told by Richo that he'll be doing his usual job of second ruck against the Demons

Suddenly those little niggles and bruises are a bit of a concern. Mentally the kid is feeling tired. He's not looking forward to getting battered and bruised contesting in the ruck and in marking duals against Max Gawn

Thursday morning when Blake is filling out those forms about 'how he feels' he reveals he is quite sore. He thinks to himself that if it's ok for Gresh and Jill and JB and Seb to play bruise free footy and act like they don't give a stuff( and yet they get picked each week) why the faaaark should I bust my ass!?!

He has a chat to the coaches later that morning and just honestly let someone know that perhaps if he rotates through the midfield as a rover and maybe down forward he might get through...but I won't be ready to play second ruck. Richo spits the dummy because he's certain that his game plan will come good and strategy of using Blake in the ruck is the correct way to utilise Blake's talent.

Richo feels like Blake needs to be more committed to Richo. The coach feels vindicated in dropping him last year as well when he didn't adhere at times to the defensive pressure and Blake didn't achieve his kpi's on the 1 percenters.
Great post.

I see some have taken the piss on this comment but I absolutely agree. I don't think people understand the physical toll that rucks take.

Ignoring the tap skills, it is basically the biggest bloke on the ground jumps into you. All day.

Blake has had to let blokes 10 - 20 kgs heavier jump into him. On the TV it doesn't look so hard. But go and find a mate 20 kgs heavier than you and let him jump into you, or crash from the side, multiple times. It's not fun.

Back in the olden days, I was a ruckman. Got a beauty of a hit in my ribs one game that really knocked the wind out of me. Bad enough that I ended up in hospital for scans after the game. Could barely train the next week.

Turned out OK, it was just a few bruised ribs and only one was fractured.

But the coach asked if I was going to be alright to play. I told him that I would be all good if I didn't ruck.

He was all of 5 foot 4 and went on a massive rant that included many swear words and some implying I was soft. It ended with him telling me that there was nowhere to hide on a football field.

I patted him on the back and gently asked if he had ever had to play ruck.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Yep. The mods and organisers of this site do a great job for nothing I'm assuming so we can all dribble on about the ST KFC.

A thankless task so congrats to the mods.
This is off topic, but there's a marketing message right there in your post. Not sure if any one has ever approached KFC but we are the only Footy Club with a 'K' before the FC. Think of all the synergies with banners, posters and media :!: :D :idea:

Start a new thread that reads; sack the marketing team!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:

Oink!

Just to make it clear, I think you are just a fkn dimwit.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:

Oink!

We haven’t made the eight in seven seasons and you think we’re still a chance to make the finals after winning one game six rounds in.

And you had the audacity to start a thread on it. If that is not taking the piss, I don’t know what is.

Either that or you are just a fkn retard.

<warning for abuse >

I’ll go with retard.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Here's the thing parkey; You don't have a monopoly on positivity. We can all be as positive as you, and we all support our team but the players, coaches, and club are accountable. We ( the fans ) don't have vested interests or an agenda. If you come on here with positivity straight after consecutive losses, then just as congozza and SaintPav have stated, you either have a vested interest or you are not that bright. I could be way off but I think it's the former and it is either a direct vested interest or an indirect one

When these professionals and administrators who get paid by StKFC are long gone, we'll still be here buying up memberships and supporting the team and club. We demand success or else we demand people lose their jobs. This is OUR club not theirs. There are only a select few who come through the club that have as much passion and loyalty as we do. What did that bloke say after he left us as senior coach at the end of 2011? "I never used the word 'loyalty' when I spoke to the players"

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

Oink!

We haven’t made the eight in seven seasons and you think we’re still a chance to make the finals after winning one game six rounds in.

And you had the audacity to start a thread on it. If that is not taking the piss, I don’t know what is.

I’ll go with retard.
Yeah whatever Mr Pav. People have different opinions and views on the ST KFC. Get over it. I will continue to support and defend the Saints good or bad within reason. Some just don't have the ticker and patience for such persistence like that I guess. Each to their own though. When things get a little tough...that is when the abuse and personal attacks roll in as evidenced on this forum and your personal attacks in 3 posts before this.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Anyway, well done to the mods again. You do a great job. As usual, others take it off topic.

And good luck to the Saints on Sunday arvo. I sniff an upset and a Saints climb up the ladder coming on. We have a good 22 in this week. Great selections by the match committee this week too.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

Oink!

I’ll go with retard.
Yeah whatever Mr Pav. People have different opinions and views on the ST KFC. Get over it. I will continue to support and defend the Saints good or bad within reason. Some just don't have the ticker and patience for such persistence like that I guess. Each to their own though. When things get a little tough...that is when the abuse and personal attacks roll in as evidenced on this forum and your personal attacks in 3 posts before this.
No point arguing with a simpleton.

You’re fkn dumb.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

Oink!

I’ll go with retard.
No point arguing with a simpleton.

You’re fkn dumb.
Yes mate. Heard it before. Another personal attack.

Good luck to the Saints on Sunday Pav!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Here's the thing parkey; You don't have a monopoly on positivity. We can all be as positive as you, and we all support our team but the players, coaches, and club are accountable. We ( the fans ) don't have vested interests or an agenda. If you come on here with positivity straight after consecutive losses, then just as congozza and SaintPav have stated, you either have a vested interest or you are not that bright. I could be way off but I think it's the former and it is either a direct vested interest or an indirect one

When these professionals and administrators who get paid by StKFC are long gone, we'll still be here buying up memberships and supporting the team and club. We demand success or else we demand people lose their jobs. This is OUR club not theirs. There are only a select few who come through the club that have as much passion and loyalty as we do. What did that bloke say after he left us as senior coach at the end of 2011? "I never used the word 'loyalty' when I spoke to the players"
Excellent post. At first, I thought Parkey was legit, but not now. What he does is finds others to travel down his vortex and then somehow the mods get wind of the thread and the other poster gets banned. Unfortunately good posters like Pav/Con get sucked in and end up on a holiday, whilst Parkey smirks and finds the next victim.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I have to admit parkey, whilst I applaud your so-called positive attitude, just because the current administrators run the club we love, doesn’t by default make them good at their job or void of criticism.

The way you condemn perfectly justifiable criticism of the club administration with your “speak no evil” policy often comes across as cleverly cloaked baiting.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Blind positivity towards the club is part of the problem, not the solution. I fear too many people wear our failures as some sort of badge of honour. I have followed this club for 53 years. Been a paying member since 1971 and right now I am really believing that I will never see this club win another Premiership. If the club performs like crap then I will call it as just that and right now, that is what we are doing. The truth isn't a criticism, it is a wake up call to change to something better.
This season is lost, right now, I just want to see guys like Battle, and other recruits be played to see if they are any good and if so give them experience. I would have preferred Battle over Armo because Armo is not going to take us to success.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote:Blind positivity towards the club is part of the problem, not the solution. I fear too many people wear our failures as some sort of badge of honour. I have followed this club for 53 years. Been a paying member since 1971 and right now I am really believing that I will never see this club win another Premiership. If the club performs like crap then I will call it as just that and right now, that is what we are doing. The truth isn't a criticism, it is a wake up call to change to something better.
This season is lost, right now, I just want to see guys like Battle, and other recruits be played to see if they are any good and if so give them experience. I would have preferred Battle over Armo because Armo is not going to take us to success.

We are in the same boat B.G.M. Too young to remember 1966.....I remember 1971 and all that's followed......premiership in my lifetime?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Obviously we need 2 new forums. One called 'cynical pricks' and the other called 'its ok cause we lost'.

My kids have suffered my obsession with St.Kilda all their lives, as most of us did. I missed the 60's and have no recollection of the early 70's, but I admired my dad for his loyalty and committment. The late 0's hurt, it cost me 1000's in plane tickets and time off but my kids got hooked.

My kids look at my frustration at times and say 'why dont we just follow Brisbane. At least we could go watch them lose'.

Consciously I have stopped expressing my discontent in front of them. I want them to be loyal and have hope. I'm glad none of them follow this forum.

48 years and I'm still waiting for glory but I will remain loyal and hopeful. After all, I just can't walk away.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:Obviously we need 2 new forums. One called 'cynical pricks' and the other called 'its ok cause we lost'.

My kids have suffered my obsession with St.Kilda all their lives, as most of us did. I missed the 60's and have no recollection of the early 70's, but I admired my dad for his loyalty and committment. The late 0's hurt, it cost me 1000's in plane tickets and time off but my kids got hooked.

My kids look at my frustration at times and say 'why dont we just follow Brisbane. At least we could go watch them lose'.

Consciously I have stopped expressing my discontent in front of them. I want them to be loyal and have hope. I'm glad none of them follow this forum.

48 years and I'm still waiting for glory but I will remain loyal and hopeful. After all, I just can't walk away.
Never follow an interstate team. The real teams are Victorian ones where the home of footy is.

My sympathies go out to all who don’t live in the best state in the country by a million miles.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:Obviously we need 2 new forums. One called 'cynical pricks' and the other called 'its ok cause we lost'.

Never follow an interstate team. The real teams are Victorian ones where the home of footy is.

My sympathies go out to all who don’t live in the best state in the country by a million miles.
I left Melbourne in the Kennett era. I wanted to work when I left Uni.
Last edited by CQ SAINT on Sat 05 May 2018 10:18am, edited 1 time in total.

Ape_Man
Club Player

Good on you CQ Saint. I am trying to do the same with my kids. It is pretty hard at times but I want them to love the Saints and the game. That part is hard too at the minute. :)

It is an amazing thing what loving this club can do to a person. The passion on this forum, whilst dividing at times, is a tribute to that.

I will always love the Saints. Although it doesn't feel as if they love me back right now.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Ape_Man wrote:

Great post.

I see some have taken the piss on this comment but I absolutely agree. I don't think people understand the physical toll that rucks take.

Ignoring the tap skills, it is basically the biggest bloke on the ground jumps into you. All day.

Blake has had to let blokes 10 - 20 kgs heavier jump into him. On the TV it doesn't look so hard. But go and find a mate 20 kgs heavier than you and let him jump into you, or crash from the side, multiple times. It's not fun.

Back in the olden days, I was a ruckman. Got a beauty of a hit in my ribs one game that really knocked the wind out of me. Bad enough that I ended up in hospital for scans after the game. Could barely train the next week.

Turned out OK, it was just a few bruised ribs and only one was fractured.

But the coach asked if I was going to be alright to play. I told him that I would be all good if I didn't ruck.

He was all of 5 foot 4 and went on a massive rant that included many swear words and some implying I was soft. It ended with him telling me that there was nowhere to hide on a football field.

I patted him on the back and gently asked if he had ever had to play ruck.
Why is it a great post? Perhaps you consider it a well written piece of fiction? However, it has no relevence and is completely made up.

Is this a Footy Forum or a Flat Earthers Forum?

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
Scollop wrote:Here's the thing parkey; You don't have a monopoly on positivity. We can all be as positive as you, and we all support our team but the players, coaches, and club are accountable. We ( the fans ) don't have vested interests or an agenda. If you come on here with positivity straight after consecutive losses, then just as congozza and SaintPav have stated, you either have a vested interest or you are not that bright. I could be way off but I think it's the former and it is either a direct vested interest or an indirect one

Excellent post. At first, I thought Parkey was legit, but not now. What he does is finds others to travel down his vortex and then somehow the mods get wind of the thread and the other poster gets banned. Unfortunately good posters like Pav/Con get sucked in and end up on a holiday, whilst Parkey smirks and finds the next victim.
Oh come on, please. So Parkey is some svengali that lures Forumites into been banned.