So, who coaches then?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stonecold
SS Life Member

So, who coaches then?????

If the club gives Richo the arse!!!!!

Answer the following questions:

1) who do we appoint?????

2) how much will it hurt us financially?????

3) can we afford to start our rebuild over again?????

4) will we lose whatever respect we have left within the industry?????

Serious answers only please!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: So, who coaches then?????

We don't need a coach, the players ignore him anyhow.
Just save the money.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
The Craw
Club Player

Gary Ayres.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Serious answers only please!!!!!
I understand that you are looking for serious answers only - but .... I am looking for next weeks Tatts numbers.

I am available Monday and Tuesday and game day - can anyone cover say Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

I am afraid though I might be a bit harsh, I was once sent behind the goals when I was coaching field hockey for being too aggressive towards my own players!!!

At this stage - maybe the players could coach themselves - it does not appear that they could do worse - and Saintsational could pick the team,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... llers.html

But on a serious note:

3) can we afford to start our rebuild over again????? - How can we afford not to - call it whatever you want but we cannot continue with the same crap!
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Mon 07 May 2018 11:22am, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:If the club gives Richo the arse!!!!!

Answer the following questions:

1) who do we appoint?????

2) how much will it hurt us financially?????

3) can we afford to start our rebuild over again?????

4) will we lose whatever respect we have left within the industry?????

Serious answers only please!!!!!

1) at this point we need a circuit breaker. Almost anything would be better. The obvious candidate is Kingsley. Sometimes it's the coach sometimes it's the players. In this case the players have shown in previous years that they can play (play better than currently) so I say it's the coach.

2) The answer to that question is - how much is it hurting us financially if we continue down this path? Paying a bloke who is dellivering nothing is nonsensical. The alternative is to have a director of coaching sitting in the box like big brother - which I think won't help at all.

3) We have no choice. This current group aren't going to cut it. Rebuild is just a term thrown around anyway. Much like this rubbish that once they reach 50 games watch the team flourish. Well many of the current group are in the 50-100 game area and they're not flourishing....

4) I think that boat has sailed. Clubs sack coaches all the time. It's part of the industry they're in. Sticking fat with a guy who you don't think can deliver is folly. The club urgently needs a review and I think once the decision is reached that Richo is not the man, cut him asap and try and reach the best settlement possible.

spert
Saintsational Legend

What a mess the club has got itself into.

There is a chemistry problem at the club, and current mix of people are not gelling. There is a total lack of self-belief displayed by the players right now.

There is no formula for a top coach- you just need to try different people until the combination is right. Richo was highly regarded in footy circles, but that doesn't make you a good coach.

Getting a former Saint on board as coach would be good, but maybe none of the obvious suspects are really up to it.

A coach like GT really got into the players heads, and even ordinary players started playing with purpose and confidence.

If the club is going to remove Richo, then I reckon they probably need to contact GT (if interested) and get him in for 3 years- I think the team almost needs a bit of a father figure at the moment.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:What a mess the club has got itself into.

There is a chemistry problem at the club, and current mix of people are not gelling. There is a total lack of self-belief displayed by the players right now.

There is no formula for a top coach- you just need to try different people until the combination is right. Richo was highly regarded in footy circles, but that doesn't make you a good coach.

Getting a former Saint on board as coach would be good, but maybe none of the obvious suspects are really up to it.

A coach like GT really got into the players heads, and even ordinary players started playing with purpose and confidence.

If the club is going to remove Richo, then I reckon they probably need to contact GT (if interested) and get him in for 3 years- I think the team almost needs a bit of a father figure at the moment.
I honestly see NOBODY who is either

(A) Good enough

( B) available

At this stage of the season to step in, should Richo get the arse. It could well be better to keep our collective nerve, hold off from any “ knee jerk “ actions, and let the season play out.

GT? Well ( IMHO ) the guy should never have been dismissed in the first place! IF we were to contemplate a re-appointment of Grant, then we’d have to be prepared for the schitstorm that would come from the media in the wake of such a move. To be frank, it would be strictly a panic move, and GT would see it for that, and reject any overtures, “once bitten” and all that.

Lenny Hayes? Hmmmmmmm? SOUNDS great, but not going to happen.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Beware of any move to bring back a favorite son as a Saviour!

I'm not convinced Harvey is a good Coach, no evidence of that.

Hayes has been an Assistant for 2 years and an Assistant to a Coach (Cameron) with big question marks.

Riewoldt & Montagna have zero Coaching experience.

I think Riewoldt has the potential to be a good Coach, but if he wants to do it, he needs to enjoy a year off in the media and then get an Assistant's job.

A few weeks ago, I would have said approach Bomber Thomson with a generous 5 year contract, unfortunately he has other things to worry about that will be occupying him for a couple of years at least.

Caracella and Michael Voss would be good options.

However, we need to keep our heads and actually identify what our problems are, may not be the Coach. Everyone thought that Hardwick was a failure, Richmnond's review indicated that his Assistants weren't up to snuff.

In regard to GT, I think the big fella would jump at any opportunity to return to the Club, we could probably use his swagger around the place, but again, we need to accurately assess what our issues are, sacking the Coach would be idiocy if that isn't done first.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:Beware of any move to bring back a favorite son as a Saviour!

Hayes has been an Assistant for 2 years and an Assistant to a Coach (Cameron) with big question marks.

I think Riewoldt has the potential to be a good Coach, but if he wants to do it, he needs to enjoy a year off in the media and then get an Assistant's job.

A few weeks ago, I would have said approach Bomber Thomson with a generous 5 year contract, unfortunately he has other things to worry about that will be occupying him for a couple of years at least.

However, we need to keep our heads and actually identify what our problems are, may not be the Coach. Everyone thought that Hardwick was a failure, Richmnond's review indicated that his Assistants weren't up to snuff.

In regard to GT, I think the big fella would jump at any opportunity to return to the Club, we could probably use his swagger around the place, but again, we need to accurately assess what our issues are, sacking the Coach would be idiocy if that isn't done first.
A great, measured and reasoned post mate! Kudos!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
asiu
Saintsational Legend

before we give anyone the arse

lets make hay whilst the sun shines

organise a space (preferably at Linton St)

put the Admin , the Coaching crew 'n the Playing List on stage
(with instructions to say NOTHING)

open the doors to the Members / Supporters / Hangers On

for a $50 note chucked in the bin ... said punter can have his say for 2 minutes

gotta let the Punters express themselves

if the Admin are not die hard Saints people and the Coaching Crew are not die hard Saints people
BEST
they get to hear from those that are

Raise a bit of coin
Express the 'passion'

a couple of nights later
... do it all again

except this time

the Admin , the Coaching Crew n the Players

toss a $50 in the bin

and 'we' STFU

i know its a bit left field
i know the AFL 'n their sycophants will can us

but f*** them

coz ,
at the end of the day , besides being tomorrow ,
being vanilla hat doffing can i have another please sir corporate sellout citizens is allowing this Club of 'ours' to got the way of the dodo

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote:Beware of any move to bring back a favorite son as a Saviour!

Agree, as much as it pains me to say it, we need someone with premiership experience, and unfortunately that's not a St.Kilda person!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Not the coach? Innocent until proven guilty. What evidence might be led that he isn't a good coach: 2.5 wins in how many outings? No finals, no wins in crucial games? No clear fit for purpose game day tactics. We are not just losing its floggings. Can we just stop the floggings. But yes the order of things should be a thorough review; please pick the right person(s).

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Lol. I doubt there would be hardly any coaches, players, staff, etc. actually left if some Saints fans had their way!
Sorry and people can disagree, but I still don't think Richo is the problem. Never was.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Whack GT in as “caretaker”. Or maybe Richo survives if he can turn it around. Must have forwards and forward structure that kicks goals.

spert
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:Lol. I doubt there would be hardly any coaches, players, staff, etc. actually left if some Saints fans had their way!
Sorry and people can disagree, but I still don't think Richo is the problem. Never was.
Richo is not THE problem, but a big part of it...IMHO

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Richo isn’t going anywhere.

As much as the club looks ridiculous to be handcuffed to him for the next two seasons, it would look even more ridiculous to give him the arse when they only just (foolishly mind you) extended his contract last season.

To make such a move would be Finnis admitting that the call to extend Richo’s was an epic fail and he’ll never do that.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Clarkson.

Oh wait, we dont have any money.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bernie.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:Lol. I doubt there would be hardly any coaches, players, staff, etc. actually left if some Saints fans had their way!
Yep, I disagree.

Richo has been there long enough for the fruits of his labour to be showing. Nothing looks great at the moment, let alone good. There is the odd bright patch but our skills are terrible and the game plan is bad, it just doesn't work, we cant kick to each other let alone goals, I could go on, and I will :) our hand balling is shocking and is vaguely near the intended target, our tackles don't bring players to ground and our midfield is so slow and most players have not improved in the last 3 years in fact some have gone backwards.

How is this not the fault of the coach who's job it is to, well, coach?

Problem is we are most likely stuck with Richo for 2.5 more seasons, nice work St Kilda. We can't afford to fire him and he will stay for the pay, forget hoping he will walk away for noble reasons.

Dig in Sainters its going to be a bumpy ride. On a plus, great draft pick coming.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:
spert wrote:What a mess the club has got itself into.

I honestly see NOBODY who is either

(A) Good enough

( B) available

At this stage of the season to step in, should Richo get the arse. It could well be better to keep our collective nerve, hold off from any “ knee jerk “ actions, and let the season play out.

GT? Well ( IMHO ) the guy should never have been dismissed in the first place! IF we were to contemplate a re-appointment of Grant, then we’d have to be prepared for the schitstorm that would come from the media in the wake of such a move. To be frank, it would be strictly a panic move, and GT would see it for that, and reject any overtures, “once bitten” and all that.

Lenny Hayes? Hmmmmmmm? SOUNDS great, but not going to happen.
That’s just it, the club was in pole position to just let this season play out and see what happens.

Last year we’d missed the finals again, questions were being raised to whether we were actually improving and Richo still had a year left on his contract.

Why couldn’t they have just let his last season play out before rushing to the-sign him. Make him prove he was still the man for the job. I think that’s why there is now so much unrest regarding his position. No matter how grim it gets from here, the club can’t just say “sorry, but we won’t be renewing your contract,” we’re stuck with him for the next two seasons.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Rocket
Club Player

Ratten
Caracella
Voss

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Fold.
Exterminate AFL from our lives
Take up weekend homebrewing , BBQs with mates, travelling.

Bring back the Lockett era
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We need competent recruiters - first and foremost - that's the root of our problem. We're skirting the real issue and going to get nowhere until we realise this.

lefty
Club Player

Bring back Grant Thomas, I'd gladly have him. I trust Rooey's judgement / Dal Santo etc.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Bring back Grant Thomas, I'd gladly have him. I trust Rooey's judgement / Dal Santo etc.
have those two suggested that course of action ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.