Hawks in no rush to extend Clarkson's contract: Kennett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Hawks in no rush to extend Clarkson's contract: Kennett

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/haw ... 4zdsj.html

Meanwhile at amateur hour St Kilda back in 2017 ...

Frikkin' joke :evil:

Go you red, black & white warriors
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Hawks in no rush to extend Clarkson's contract: Kennett

Do you remember the last time we were "not in a hurry to extend a contract"???

Bloke by the name of Lyon. Could coach a bit. Walked out the door if I remember correctly??

Richo's contract is inconsequential - the guy will walk if he doesn't think he can turn things around.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Do you remember the last time we were "not in a hurry to extend a contract"???

Bloke by the name of Lyon. Could coach a bit. Walked out the door if I remember correctly??

Richo's contract is inconsequential - the guy will walk if he doesn't think he can turn things around.
not many people would walk out on a 2 year, $1/2 million contract. i could see myself being very self-deluded about
my role in the problem for that kind of money.
bit like a gambling addiction. 'your habit is costing us $1000 a week you have to stop!'
'me stop? my habit? what about your grocery bill? and the mortgage repayments? and the kids - not one of them contributing! just soaking up mine and others taxpayers money going to primary school every day!'

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bigred
Saintsational Legend

How much do you reckon we are paying Richardson?

I dont reckon it would be all that much.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

desertsaint wrote: not many people would walk out on a 2 year, $1/2 million contract. i could see myself being very self-deluded about
my role in the problem for that kind of money.
I'm hoping Richo would think longer term. If he wanted to work in the AFL system again, he would get out before the whole place was burnt down. Sure, he might forego $500k now to walk away, but if he stays till the bitter end he might be mowing lawns for the rest of his working life.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

We cant be paying him half a million a year surely.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
kaos theory
Club Player

St Chris wrote:Do you remember the last time we were "not in a hurry to extend a contract"???

You can't compare to the RL situation, that was a rare case. Firstly, he was under intense financial pressure due to some bad investments and was actively looking for big coin, second, he had a great win/loss record up to that point (2 recent GFs), so he was an attractive prospect to other clubs.

Richo was never in this situation.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

kaos theory wrote:

You can't compare to the RL situation, that was a rare case. Firstly, he was under intense financial pressure due to some bad investments and was actively looking for big coin, second, he had a great win/loss record up to that point (2 recent GFs), so he was an attractive prospect to other clubs.

Richo was never in this situation.
thirdly, apparently the admin girls in Fremantle have much nicer boobs than those in the saints front office

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:We cant be paying him half a million a year surely.
In this day an age I cannot imagine that an AFL Head Coach would be on less. Particularly one you has several years in the role.

No doubt he has performance targets which if football based will have him on his minimum base, whatever that is.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sounds to me like Kennet would prefer to tank for a few years and get better draft picks. I can't see Clarkson wanting to coach St Kilda at the moment, but you never know?

How big is the little man's ego? He would go down as one of the best coaches in history if he could take on a rabble of a club and take us to our second premiership. How much are we allowed to pay him and is there a limit at all?

He is the sort of guy required to unite the whole football club. He is the tonic, or a similar giant of a personality with oodles of credibility that is needed to create the desire and infuse the belief in all departments at a footy club. And of course, the crdibility and belief all stems from that fact that he is easily the best coach in the AFL.