Jon Patton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Jon Patton

Patton just got dropped.

He is a Vic fella and booted 45 last year. He is only 24 and would be entering his prime soon. Saints need to start looking at players like this already...which I'm sure they are. Throw some $ at him and lure him home. We need a General.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Jon Patton

I think we already have too many tall forwards on pur list. If you get Patton we'd need to lose two of McCartin, Bruce, Membrey, Battle and Marshall. It's a midfielders game and we need more of them.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I think we have struggling, tall, slow players covered.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

True with our tall forwards, but what if Paddy doesn't come good?
There is nothing wrong with recruiting a player in positions that we already have covered. Is Patton just as good as anyone we have at the moment up forward tall wise? Probably yes. There is nothing wrong with upgrading your depth or improving upon what you already have in my opinion.

But s*** yeah. We need outside mids x 2. Gaff would ne nice. Maybe this Phillips is what we've been looking for.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

Yep SLOW STIFF OLD SCHOOL FORWARD!!

Yep that's exactly who saints love.

WE ARE RETARDED. So why not? Right up our stupid dumb f***** ALLEY!!

SERIOUSLY CPULS WE f*** UP ANYMORE???

MCCARTIN (Who won't play 50 games, who had diabetes, was slow, old.school small kpp)
OVER PETRACCA OR 4,7 ???

WE COuldve HAD f****** DEGOEY AND PETER WRIGHT!?!? f****** HELL!!

ADD BONTEMPELLI, BEVERIDGE AND THE MONEY FOR LYNCH AND WE WIN FLAG I 2018-2025

OUR RECRUITERS WANTS
- Nice Guys
- guys that speak well
- guys that are undersized
- guys from.dandenong

f****** DISGRACE

Now we are screwed.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ChrisRyanSaints wrote: OVER PETRACCA OR 4,7 ???
for f*** sakes get or facts right 4 and 7 is what we wanted for the pick not was offered

congorozides
Club Player

LOL

Shows why parkeysaint is such a moron.

Patton is struggling because he is immobile and mark kick blokes with NO AGILITY like him, McCartin and Schache are bloody dinosaurs in modern footy.

Unless we bring in a zone rule with 6-6-6 these players are history.
Last edited by congorozides on Sat 12 May 2018 2:41am, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

can add Boyd to that as well 2 number one picks and a number two pick 3 let downs

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

MCCARTIN over Petracca - WRONG - Were told it was wrong A f****** VLIND MAN COULD SEE
BILLINGS a nice Toorak boy with no balls no heart a nice left foot hats it VS BONTEMPELLI?? A 194cm modern BEAST. Told by Dal Santo to get him. Ignored him.
RICHARDSON over OUR BOY BEVERIDGE! FFS HE WAS INVOLVED IN 8/9 flags before. He was a saints man a legend just had to talk to him. WHY DID WE CHOOSE A STUTTERING FAILURE OVER BEVO?

SACK THE RECRUITMENT TEAM Now Ffs!! NOW

fingers
Saintsational Legend

ChrisRyanSaints wrote:MCCARTIN over Petracca - WRONG - Were told it was wrong A f****** VLIND MAN COULD SEE
BILLINGS a nice Toorak boy with no balls no heart a nice left foot hats it VS BONTEMPELLI?? A 194cm modern BEAST. Told by Dal Santo to get him. Ignored him.
RICHARDSON over OUR BOY BEVERIDGE! FFS HE WAS INVOLVED IN 8/9 flags before. He was a saints man a legend just had to talk to him. WHY DID WE CHOOSE A STUTTERING FAILURE OVER BEVO?

Three quick things

1.Billings from Ivanhoe.

2.I don't know what a VLIND MAN is

3. You're an idiot

wolfpup
Club Player

ChrisRyanSaints wrote:MCCARTIN over Petracca - WRONG - Were told it was wrong A f****** VLIND MAN COULD SEE

not defending anyone but our strategy from memory was to recruit 3 first rounders and trade out players to reach that goal.
in 2013 we did well with billings, dunstan and acres.
our draft haul from 2014 at the time was amazing. we got mccartin (touted as the best full forward by miles), goddard (who was touted as a top 5 pick roughhead type swing player) slipped to us ( Carlton taking bloekurst), we got mckenzie who was a late bolter (adelaide were having a go at him) and lonie. Consensus was that basically 'won' the draft .
We copied 2013 plan with 3 first round picks, so we drafted 6 first rounders in 2 years.
2013 was a good haul but 2014 has been a shocker.
1. McCartin 7 concussions
2. Goddard. ACL and ankle injury
3. McKenzie Concussion
4. Lonie. Great 2015 and ok 2016, bright start to 2017 and nothing since then.

None of our 1st rounders from 2014 have come good, great signs at times from mccartin but concussion, great signs from mckenzie but concussed this year, goddard has played what 5 games and injured, and lonie has dropped off after being really good (in my view anyway) in 2015 and 2016. I think the mistake was with Goddard and maybe McKenzie, so 3 first rounders in 2014 who by now should be up to what around 50 games each all with long term injuries when playing in game (not at training or whatever). we couldn't have predicted that. At least one of the should have come good.

From memory we were right into Laverde in the 2014 draft. The bulldogs in hindsight cleaned up as they picked up webb, mclean, daniel and bale with picks in the late 20's and 40's

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

congorozides wrote:LOL

Paton is struggling because he is immobile and mark kick blokes with NO AGILITY like him, McCartin and Schache are bloody dinosaurs in modern footy.

Still here on the forum Cornelius?
Thought you told everyone you left?

Thanks for reminding us why you never understood footy.
Last edited by parkeysainter on Sat 12 May 2018 12:33am, edited 1 time in total.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

ChrisRyanSaints wrote:Yep SLOW STIFF OLD SCHOOL FORWARD!!

Yep that's exactly who saints love.

WE ARE RETARDED. So why not? Right up our stupid dumb f***** ALLEY!!

SERIOUSLY CPULS WE f*** UP ANYMORE???

MCCARTIN (Who won't play 50 games, who had diabetes, was slow, old.school small kpp)
OVER PETRACCA OR 4,7 ???

WE COuldve HAD f****** DEGOEY AND PETER WRIGHT!?!? f****** HELL!!

ADD BONTEMPELLI, BEVERIDGE AND THE MONEY FOR LYNCH AND WE WIN FLAG I 2018-2025

OUR RECRUITERS WANTS
- Nice Guys
- guys that speak well
- guys that are undersized
- guys from.dandenong

f****** DISGRACE

Now we are screwed.
Quite a rant there mate.

ace
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:True with our tall forwards, but what if Paddy doesn't come good?
There is nothing wrong with recruiting a player in positions that we already have covered. Is Patton just as good as anyone we have at the moment up forward tall wise? Probably yes. There is nothing wrong with upgrading your depth or improving upon what you already have in my opinion.

But s*** yeah. We need outside mids x 2. Gaff would ne nice. Maybe this Phillips is what we've been looking for.
We could trade Pudding for Patton.
If we get the GWS guys drunk enough they may sign the deal but I think gunpoint would have a better chance.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:True with our tall forwards, but what if Paddy doesn't come good?

We could trade Pudding for Patton.
If we get the GWS guys drunk enough they may sign the deal but I think gunpoint would have a better chance.
Could always slip them a Mickey!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
congorozides
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:

Patton is struggling because he is immobile and mark kick blokes with NO AGILITY like him, McCartin and Schache are bloody dinosaurs in modern footy.

Patton is easily the best of the lot. And he is not that great for a pick 1. Still a solid 300 goal career player which is good enough. I'd be happy to trade him in for a pick in the 20s.

Too early to call on Schache.

McCartin almost certainly a complete bust - not tall enough, slow, not fit enough, no agility, poor kicking technique, shocking awareness and technique. Huge problems with his health. Almost a write-off aged 22.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Another forward, when we already have Bruce, Membrey, McCartin & Battle.

This forum was in raptures when Battle re-signed after only playing one game. You’d think he was already a superstar.

LOL.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:Image
A teletubby...on par with your intellectual level Pavalator.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

congorozides wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

Patton is easily the best of the lot. And he is not that great for a pick 1. Still a solid 300 goal career player which is good enough. I'd be happy to trade him in for a pick in the 20s.

McCartin almost certainly a complete bust - not tall enough, slow, not fit enough, no agility, poor kicking technique, shocking awareness and technique. Huge problems with his health. Almost a write-off aged 22.
So are they dinosaurs of the modern game or not? You changed your mind in the space of one post.

IMO, Patton would be an improvement on all of Bruce, McCartin, Marshall and Battle so why not try grab him? If one of those 4 players get pushed out then so be it.

I wouldn't classify Membrey as a key forward at all either.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote:
congorozides wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

So are they dinosaurs of the modern game or not? You changed your mind in the space of one post.

IMO, Patton would be an improvement on all of Bruce, McCartin, Marshall and Battle so why not try grab him? If one of those 4 players get pushed out then so be it.

Already had two knee recos for starters.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Brilliant comeback blockhead.

Let’s get Jon Patton. :D

Any other brilliant ideas?

PS. We can still make the 8. GOLD!!!

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
kalsaint
Club Player

I wouldn't classify Membrey as a key forward at all either.[/quote]

Your point on Membrey is a reasonable one. If he has endurance I would put him into the midfield and swap he an Acres until both have the endurance to be mids in their own right. Membrey is the same height as Petracca. Petracca's original analysis before v=being selected that he was great because he was a bull at packs, a great mark and could run forward and kick goals. Something I believe Membrey could do.

Having Membry and Acres up field running forward could allow a giant like Patton in the side.

I have had said regularly since Paddys draft I never thought the tall forward selection was a priority given our midfield need. I feel sorry for Paddy's bad luck with injury but could never understand the club not getting another forward further up the draft when Paddy started to succumb to injuries. The very least would be an option to trade later if the forwards started to click.

Having said all this I still believe a quality mid is required. If Membrey and Acres were used differently perhaps a young gun would be the target. Without taller , bigger bodies thrown into the midfield from our current crop of players we need a more senior inside player recruited. I am assuming we will get more luck with Freeman and other outsiders going forward. Not sure a complete clean out of players is the right choice unless we are all happy to wait another 5-7 years again for any finals.

Some of our key position selections must come around soon and get a bettr run with less injuries.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
Brilliant comeback blockhead.

Let’s get Jon Patton. :D

Any other brilliant ideas?

PS. We can still make the 8. GOLD!!!

:roll:
Plenty Pavalator. Its called a discussion of ideas and thoughts mate hence why this place is called a forum. Actually try it one day instead of posting disturbing kiddie pics off google images. It won't hurt your noggin too much. Trust me.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

kalsaint wrote:Patton is struggling because he is immobile and mark kick blokes with NO AGILITY like him, McCartin and Schache are bloody dinosaurs in modern footy.

Your point on Membrey is a reasonable one. If he has endurance I would put him into the midfield and swap he an Acres until both have the endurance to be mids in their own right. Membrey is the same height as Petracca. Petracca's original analysis before v=being selected that he was great because he was a bull at packs, a great mark and could run forward and kick goals. Something I believe Membrey could do.

Having Membry and Acres up field running forward could allow a giant like Patton in the side.

I have had said regularly since Paddys draft I never thought the tall forward selection was a priority given our midfield need. I feel sorry for Paddy's bad luck with injury but could never understand the club not getting another forward further up the draft when Paddy started to succumb to injuries. The very least would be an option to trade later if the forwards started to click.

Having said all this I still believe a quality mid is required. If Membrey and Acres were used differently perhaps a young gun would be the target. Without taller , bigger bodies thrown into the midfield from our current crop of players we need a more senior inside player recruited. I am assuming we will get more luck with Freeman and other outsiders going forward. Not sure a complete clean out of players is the right choice unless we are all happy to wait another 5-7 years again for any finals.

Some of our key position selections must come around soon and get a bettr run with less injuries.[/quote]

Good post and discussion.