Saucy Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saucy Lyon

Wow!

Hopefully we can do well out of it and get a win on Saturday night.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

His coaching was a small part of the reasons we had some success in 2009/2010. His influence on team selection and list management and his game plan were the main reasons we lost those Grand Finals. I was sick and tired of his excuses and his failures.

Seriously, this is fuuucked. I want the priiick to keep coaching so his win loss record more accurately reflects his coaching ability.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Freo set to hold a press conference at 2.30 EST with Lyin.

Bet they are standing him down and the pricks will then come out and thrash us on Saturday night.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

saynta wrote:Two things I do know,

1. Tosser self reported his comments to management

2. 12 member board including 4 women are all supporting Tosser.

As I said I don't like the guy and don't know what was said but the guy ain't a sleaze IMHO.

This is what that ugly fat guy with a comb over in the white house would call fake news.
Plus one!

Am not happy with the deceitful way that Ro$$y walked out on the club that gave him his big chance, launched his budding career, and basically... made his name. :idea:

I also think that his refusal to admit that he is the person at the centre of all this is pathetic.

That it took RoSSy till after the investigation to apologise to her is pathetic.

But...
... Lyon reportedly apologised to the woman after the investigation was concluded. It is unclear if any further action was taken by the club.

One of the most eye-catching claims in the report alleges the woman continued to feel harassed and singled out by other unidentified Purple Puke staff following Lyon’s apology, prompting her resignation.

It is only then that the woman reportedly made a second complaint, prompting the AFL integrity unit’s own investigation.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ross-l ... 6b88b7104a
Although IMHO the whole article is 'hazily written', the implication to me is that the 'other unidentified Purple Puke staff' are the biggest culprits of all, and should probably be the first to go. I reckon there's one hellova' lot of ducking and weaving going on here. Hopefully they get nailed.

Will also be interesting to see what those moral guardians and two of St Kilda's greatest friends in the media (i.e.; venom girl, and that bandana bloke) have to say about all this. As far as I know, 'surprisingly', to date it's been 'crickets'... :?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Again another article today referring to Lyon as ex-St Kilda coach - why the need to link our club to this grubby affair??

Club should put in a complaint :evil:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05/11/ ... s-silence/

“It’s a really difficult situation but at no stage have I questioned my coaching and commitment to this club.”

Wtf does that mean? Can someone interpret

Does that mean that maybe some people might think I am a knob and made an inappropriate comment or two, but that doesn't interfere with my coaching.

Or mabe; I am a sleazeball, but I am committed to the footy department.

What about when Lyon says; “I hold no fears. This is important as I’ve built a strong reputation over 22 years of coaching in the AFL that I am proud of and I will continue to protect it."

Maybe; I am committed to seeing out my contract and there's no way the club can back away from paying me out in full. Does it also highlight that no matter what he is responsible for he doesn't want to accept that he may be at fault.

Just like in both of the Saints GF losses he did not accept that he could have done anything differently. It was the bounce and the players bad kicking, that's all!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Good points.

stonecold
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:Good points.
Yes, +1!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

A second report in addition to a big pay out but the moral compasses assure us that Lyon is not a sleaze... seems pretty reasonable to suggest that the women are pbly to blame

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

How would you know?

Lyon is old school. He was probably pissed and probably made an inappropriate remark.

It's called banter!!!

Not a hangable offence but in this day and age...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He just said what we’re all thinking.

We’re all animals.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he could be another big loss away from getting the arse.

One could say that it would be some sort of footy karma if that happened the week after a loss to the Saints.

One could.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

What a ridiculous and worthless press conference by Freo. What a disgrace really. No wonder everyone is asking WTF? Some clubs really don't care how they get results in the end.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:He just said what we’re all thinking.

We’re all animals.
In this PC world you can’t do that anymore. It’s just reality.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

i just wanna say
u can ... but one has to be a little smooth about it

the days of hittn em on the head and draggn em home passed
slurring out , ya coming for a root ? have passed

believing in treat em mean to keep em keen was suicidal behaviour
idiots

they're sittn on a fortune
n they know it

class things up a tad
they love a laugh n bit of discreet admiration
(a bit of stammer stutter n blush is a workable tactic)

humble up a bit
your not Gods Gift to the Vagina
they have Sisters for that

its not the pc world that the real problem
its the trogs from the swamp tryn to win a Princess

kiddn yourselves

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I just laugh at this forum sometimes...

Some years ago the morality police here said I was victim blaming and sexist by suggesting that it wasn't safe in this day and age for women to walk home alone at night when discussing that tragedy in Brunswick...

Now we have RL reportedly making inappropriate comments on at least 2 occasions, one of which has resulted in a 6 figure payout and people are seriously suggesting, without the facts I should add, that the problem is the victim's are too sensitive.

Yeeeeeesh

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I just laugh at this forum sometimes...

Some years ago the morality police here said I was victim blaming and sexist by suggesting that it wasn't safe in this day and age for women to walk home alone at night when discussing that tragedy in Brunswick...

Now we have RL reportedly making inappropriate comments on at least 2 occasions, one of which has resulted in a 6 figure payout and people are seriously suggesting, without the facts I should add, that the problem is the victim's are too sensitive.

Yeeeeeesh
By the same posters though, pettle?

Ross Slimeon made an innapropriate remark but like you said, no one has the facts.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

god the ease with which the media push emotional triggers nowadays.
lyon made a few innappropriate sexist remarks to a fellow employee when he was drunk. years ago. it was amicably settled until the media saw a way to sell a story.
the latest incident was an aggrieved male employee who doesn't want to take it further. likely just someone a bit fragile that ross gave a scalding to.
people think this is worthy of losing his job?!half the world would be unemployed if this was applied evenly across all work environments. i've read far worse on here at times insulting genders, races, ideologies, religions, and individuals.
stone houses and all. some of us should check our emotions and think a bit. a bloke acts an arsehole there is a natural consequence. we all know he is an arsehole. happens too often bridges get burned. too equate this behavior with the brutal rape and murder of a woman is emotive claptrap. keep it real.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
supersaints
Club Player

There's supposed to be more to come... audio evidence of what was said and video of him following her around all night It wasn't just a couple of off the cuff comments... time will tell.
The lady concerned is pissed off that the club and AFL have tried to turn things around by saying she went home after work and dressed more provocatively.. that Lion fessed up self reported and apologized Her contacts claim apparently he apologized after her second reporting of the incident when the club took no action and was then targeted by the club to make life unpleasant enough for her to leave ....apparently

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:. too equate this behavior with the brutal rape and murder of a woman is emotive claptrap. keep it real.

This.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:too equate this behavior with the brutal rape and murder of a woman is emotive claptrap. keep it real.
Be serious DS, I hardly did that or drew comparisons with RL and that. My comment was more a reflection on particular formumite attitudes based on a previous discussion... one in particular in this thread that appears to have changed their tune rather markedky

My issue here is that based on very little evidence, ppl seem comfortable enough to dismiss the complaint and attribute it more to there being something wrong with or about the complaintent and that RL was just being a bloke. That attitude smells wrong to me. End of the day I have no idea what was or wasn’t done... what I know is that there’s been a large payout which suggests that there is at least a perception that this is bigger then just needing an apology... and I don’t understand why ppl are so quick to dismiss it