How is this allowed!!?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

outside66
Club Player

How is this allowed!!?

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm heading up to the Gold Coast game and went to purchase GA tickets. None on ticketek so I was transferred to Ticketmaster Resale where for 1 GA ticket they are asking for, wait for it, $228.85! That's more than a grand final ticket. I called them up thinking that there was a problem with their site but no, this apparently is play on. Can anyone assist on where to find appropriately priced tickets for GA?

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: How is this allowed!!?

Yes it's completely abhorrent. But it happens.

I would call our club if I was you. If you're a member - ask to speak with Membership and see if they can sort you out with something. If not a member - just call them anyway and ride your luck. Cheers

Go you red, black & white warriors
casey scorp
Club Player

I'm not sure you can buy GA tix, but there seems only reserved seats available at the ground.

I've just bought 2 Level 1 reserved seats @ $35 each (+processing/handlling etc).
Last edited by casey scorp on Wed 30 May 2018 7:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 11:45am I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm heading up to the Gold Coast game and went to purchase GA tickets. None on ticketek so I was transferred to Ticketmaster Resale where for 1 GA ticket they are asking for, wait for it, $228.85! That's more than a grand final ticket. I called them up thinking that there was a problem with their site but no, this apparently is play on. Can anyone assist on where to find appropriately priced tickets for GA?
Ticketek now has tickets available - I was just allocated 3 front row seats for $105.00 on Level 1

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 11:45am I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm heading up to the Gold Coast game and went to purchase GA tickets. None on ticketek so I was transferred to Ticketmaster Resale where for 1 GA ticket they are asking for, wait for it, $228.85! That's more than a grand final ticket. I called them up thinking that there was a problem with their site but no, this apparently is play on. Can anyone assist on where to find appropriately priced tickets for GA?
Who cares if it’s allowed or not, it’s not as if anyone would be stupid enough to pay that!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
chico2001
Club Player

$35 is a fair price per ticket....anymore than that and my hand starts to tremble.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 6:05pm $35 is a fair price per ticket....anymore than that and my hand starts to tremble.
Eagles charging Much more than Freo for tickets

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Try this outside66

Western Saints Inc
32 mins ·
🔴⚪⚫😇🔴⚪⚫ Members we have got 4 tickets for Saturday's big game!! For a member who needs them.. free of charge only condition is you want them you got to come to our pre-game function to collect them.. shoot us an email westernsaints@saints.com.au if you want them ... strictly first in first served - will split them into single doubles triples or all four... 🔴⚪⚫😇🔴⚪⚫

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 7:08pm
chico2001 wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 6:05pm $35 is a fair price per ticket....anymore than that and my hand starts to tremble.
Eagles charging Much more than Freo for tickets
The Eagles sure do Saintbrat.

We Saints members in WA get to see 2 games if we are lucky. One of those games we have to pay, for the other is ‘free’ part of our membership that we have paid for. So really free is a contradiction.

Option 1 was pay $32 for a ticket to Freo game and get West Coast game ‘free ‘.

Option 2 was to pay $9? (Can’t recall exact amount $90 - $95) for a ticket to West Coast game and get Freo game ‘free’.

I can’t see how Eagles can ask $90 odd dollars for a ticket and Freo only in the $30 mark.

Years ago our membership got us 2 free games, that’s when we always played 2 games a year in Perth.
Then when we rose up the ladder during our finals 10 year tilt we only ever got to see the Saints play one game a year, occasionally two. (about every 3rd season)

The past 2 seasons we are back again to 2 games in WA , so as we dropped away again we get sent over here to travel more. That’s about the only good thing about being considered a low club, for us locals we get more of a chance to have the Saints come to WA.

Really it’s more costly for many of us than just option 1 or 2. Many here, like I do, are full Saints members. Plus we are social club members - we don’t just have Interstate membership. All we get for that, is one ‘free’ game a year, and it’s not really free as we paid for the entrance by buying a membership ticket. Even then it’s first in gets a ticket as there are limited number tickets given to opposition members. So one could miss out all together.

That’s why some of us interstaters & those overseas members get a little bit miffed when we read the continual whining of some on this site living in the ‘burbs of Melbourne. When they whinge about not getting a good enough deal, or not wanting to go to a match because of the time slot or, not wanting to go to Kardina Park it’s too far and the MCG because you’re out in the elements. Gee you lot don’t know how good you’ve got it......... so harden up and turn up more often I say.

Sorry I had that rant replying to your post Saintbrat............ none of those criticisms could ever be levelled at you. I don’t think there has ever been an Interstate or overseas match that you have missed out on seeing the Saints. And I doubt you would have ever missed a home match of the Saints........... and you travel from country Victoria. Saintbrat IMO is a legend when it comes to supporting her Club whether they are down the ladder or up there fighting in finals.

Yes the Eagles do charge too much to attend their games, another reason we should destroy their nest this Saturday night.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Loris -
the Dockers tickets were in Sect 502, just above the pocket where we got the best view of Gilbo's goal;
we saw him between the big sticks and watched the ball come through.
If you look at the email from the club,
it says the WCE seats are 'Premium Seats' in Sect 333.
That's a fair bit lower down, and on a flank-
so not sure why it's called 'Premium'
I actually like Sect 502.

We get 6 Etihad home games included in our Interstate Membership, so it's not just one Perth game.
GA.

I think it's a good deal.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
wally
Club Player

In the past I"ve bought an extra ticket through the club,they are allocated seats not GA

loris
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 31 May 2018 1:24am Loris -
the Dockers tickets were in Sect 502, just above the pocket where we got the best view of Gilbo's goal;
we saw him between the big sticks and watched the ball come through.
If you look at the email from the club,
it says the WCE seats are 'Premium Seats' in Sect 333.
That's a fair bit lower down, and on a flank-
so not sure why it's called 'Premium'
I actually like Sect 502.

We get 6 Etihad home games included in our Interstate Membership, so it's not just one Perth game.
GA.

I think it's a good deal.
I didn’t like Section 502 ........ too high up in the stands. Players like ants. Most around me were finding (like I was) it very hard to pick up players when play was down the far end. View of ground good I agree then always is at any ground if you are up high. I just don’t like having to bring out binoculars every so often to really see what is happening in close or to pick up a players number from the opposing team, because I’m not familiar with their style of play or mannerisms

I sat on a flank for the one day cricket match at the stadium on the level Saints seats are on.....brilliant spot to view cricket, behind the bowlers arm, one level up from what has been blocked off for sight screen area. On that level, you are much closer to the play......... the stand seating hasn’t gone back so far, and naturally not as high. You can see players faces, their expressions.... no need for binoculars, unless one wanted to pick up ball movement.

I know I’m happier being seated on a flank than behind goals - it’s always a harder to see what is happening down the far end goals. Also there is no chance of looking into the sun!

It’s lucky the Saints 2 games have been played at night. When I was at the one day cricket match, I took notice that the goal end that I thought the opposition supporters would be sitting at when footy would be played, had people looking into the sun most of the afternoon......... just like at Subiaco. Then it didn’t matter if you were sitting at ground level or at the top of the stands it was hard to see to the other half of the ground if the sun was too bright.

Sure WS, you get your extra 6 home 🏠 games at Etihad (which by the way you have paid for in your membership ticket). How much is an Interstate WA member? I don’t know, because I have full membership which entitles me to more ‘free’ games than that and not just restricted to home matches at Etihad.
I consider my buying of a Saints membership/ social club as a donation to my favourite charity!!!!!!!!! The only problem the Saints charity isn’t tax deductible :evil:
However, WS, you have to factor in your return airfares, your accommodation expenses, dining out etc. , makes going to see the Saints play at Etihad very cheap indeed for Interstate & overseas members, especially if you want to spend some extra days in Melbourne after the footy.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Are many of you guys coming up for the Metricon game? Would love to try and say hello at the least

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Loris- Brilliant post, as per your usual wonderful standard :-)
I fully agree with your comments on the height of Sect 502, and how the seats were too tight,
hampering entry and exit from our seats.
The height was both a blessing and a curse, but I found myself accepting it
as nothing is perfect in this world (despite my 'glass-half empty' attitude and grumpy demeanor,
which are evident from my posts here!)

However I had brought my small binoculars
which are 8x21 (and fit perfectly into a zippered side pocket of the St KFC Puffer Jacket!)

I happened to spot Roberton on the bench, which nobody else around me could have noticed.
The binoculars came in for a lot of use when the ball was up the far end in 2nd and last qtrs,
but I suggest that we had the BEST view of the goals from Jack Steven and the others in that incredible 3rd qtr.

Were you close to that 333 section in the one-day match?
If I can make it to Captain's run tomorrow at 4:30, I will surely walk up to my allocated seat
to check it out.

Thanks again for your magical prose and captivating style- truly a Princess amongst peasants ;-)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
outside66
Club Player

All sorted. The club sent me the below link for the Saints supporter bay against gold coast. Level 2 for $35, much more reasonable than the GA!

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/sh ... &ep=SAINTS

outside66
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Wed 30 May 2018 5:58pm
Who cares if it’s allowed or not, it’s not as if anyone would be stupid enough to pay that!
My point is exactly that, people won't be stupid enough to pay that amount therefore the crowd will be s**thouse! The AFL need to step such scalping rorts because if they can do it for finals tickets then they should be able to do this for home and away matches.