Would you back me?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ss1986
Club Player

Re: Would you back me?

Fairly certain I have got my answer from a cross section sufficient to know it couldn’t work.

What bewilders though is a complete willingness to shoot down, and subsequently offer zero viable alternatives.

Not to say I’m going to give up... I’m just getting started.

Will hopefully be able to support a more well credentialed, rich, passionate ticket rather than the incumbents however.

In the event of no viable alternative, I’m definitely having a crack.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

ss1986 wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 10:27pm Fairly certain I have got my answer from a cross section sufficient to know it couldn’t work.

What bewilders though is a complete willingness to shoot down, and subsequently offer zero viable alternatives.

Not to say I’m going to give up... I’m just getting started.

Will hopefully be able to support a more well credentialed, rich, passionate ticket rather than the incumbents however.

In the event of no viable alternative, I’m definitely having a crack.
I will back you.
As a member, I can vote in AGMs and EGM (extraordinary general meetings)
so if you want to roll the incumbents, I'm voting for your ticket.
I dislike intensely, the idea of a Pride Game, because of the reasons put forward by
the Golden Greek (Con)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 6:49pm
ss1986 wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:02am I’m 32 - work in an accounting firm as a Senior Manager.

I am not rich, I dont drive a flashy car, and I’m just an everyday bloke who grew up in Lalor.

I dont have any great connections, but I do have contact with the family owners of one of our major sponsors.

I’d have the backing of the accounting firm behind me that offers a wide range of professional services that could benefit the club.

Never been more passionate however about the St.Kilda and I’d make sure we as supporters are heard in the media and at the AFL like never before.

I’ve bawled my eyes out for this club. Danced on seats when we’ve won....

All I want is someone passionate to stand for the things all of our supporters do- the thing we have in common... which is the drug that is the Saints.

I want to see 80 year old grannies crying when we win a GF. I want to see my 58 year old Dad who was too young for 66 to do the same.

Only thing is; I havent been a member out of principal against this shocking regime, which i think many would hold against me.

But would you vote for someone like me if we had a chance?

I’ve never been more serious in all my life....
No I wouldn't, I wouldn't back anyone who doesn't make a financial commitment to the club out of "principal". You either love the club and buy a membership or shut up, you have lost the right to have any say in it
Yep.,Agree with you there.I have already expressed the view that i wouldn't support a non member.

StNoodles
Club Player

Would you back me to play fwd pocket? I’m very passionate but have only ever played amateurs.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

StNoodles wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:20pm Would you back me to play fwd pocket? I’m very passionate but have only ever played amateurs.
Agree with you there.

Blind uninformed trust a big no no especially when it is being asked for by a 32 year old wet behind the ears non -member who whats to be the president of the St Kilda football club.

The guy's just out of training pants.

ss1986
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:27pm
StNoodles wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:20pm Would you back me to play fwd pocket? I’m very passionate but have only ever played amateurs.
Agree with you there.

Blind uninformed trust a big no no especially when it is being asked for by a 32 year old wet behind the ears non -member who whats to be the president of the St Kilda football club.

That’s it Saynta... shitcan me and continue to support the grey haired establishment types or more of the same AFL sanctioned yes-men.

It’s yielded a grand total of 1 flag in 150 years for us.

It’s going great guns 👍

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 7:15pm
ss1986 wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:02am I’m 32 - work in an accounting firm as a Senior Manager.

I am not rich, I dont drive a flashy car, and I’m just an everyday bloke who grew up in Lalor.

I dont have any great connections, but I do have contact with the family owners of one of our major sponsors.

I’d have the backing of the accounting firm behind me that offers a wide range of professional services that could benefit the club.

Never been more passionate however about the St.Kilda and I’d make sure we as supporters are heard in the media and at the AFL like never before.

All I want is someone passionate to stand for the things all of our supporters do- the thing we have in common... which is the drug that is the Saints.

I want to see 80 year old grannies crying when we win a GF. I want to see my 58 year old Dad who was too young for 66 to do the same.

Only thing is; I havent been a member out of principal against this shocking regime, which i think many would hold against me.

No I wouldn't, I wouldn't back anyone who doesn't make a financial commitment to the club out of "principal". You either love the club and buy a membership or shut up, you have lost the right to have any say in it
I assure you the current board wouldnt have been paid up members prior to getting their jobs
I assure you you're wrong

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

ss1986 wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:43pm
saynta wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:27pm
Agree with you there.

That’s it Saynta... shitcan me and continue to support the grey haired establishment types or more of the same AFL sanctioned yes-men.

It’s yielded a grand total of 1 flag in 150 years for us.

It’s going great guns 👍
Bains left us to go to The Kennel...
the AFL said "We have just the man to step into that role"
and handed us Lethlean, who seemed to have his calendar free for the next few years.

Let me mention an organisation called Retail Food Group, which owns Donut King and Gloria Jeans Coffee shops.
These are all franchises, some of them owned by mum and dads who want to be their own bosses.
But RFG is rife with allegations of bullying, standover tactics, exploitation, etc.
It appears that a franchisee buys into the system, complies with the business model, and is not independent at all,
because they must operate in line with the Gloria Jeans (RFG) standards and criteria.
For Gloria Jeans coffee shops, lets substitute "AFL clubs"
and for RFG, let's swap with "The AFL (Kremlin) Overlord"

Bullying- Saints can't complain about umpiring.
Saints must go weeping and contrite, apologising to Marc Murphy for disgusting comments.
Saints must agree to a horrendous stadium deal (ok, that's in the past)
Saints must agree to taking an exec into a highly paid position,
just the same as if RFG told a Gloria Jeans owner that "you need a barista? My lazy son who won't work, we have made him do a barista course at TAFE" and if you don't take him, oh, there will be consequences.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
ss1986
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:54pm

I assure you the current board wouldnt have been paid up members prior to getting their jobs
If I was to run, of course Id sign up first.

You reckon these blokes needed to be members for 32 years as well to get a fair run at it by our supporters? It seems that way...

You are happy to accept AFL puppets and howl down Saints people.

Incredible supporter base we have.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm frustrated with the way the club is going too mate, but I'm a member and so are my family. I buy them for my kids too. I do that so I can go to watch St. Kilda play. If I don't buy a membership, every time I go to see the Saints with my family my money goes to the AFL, not my club. Why would I want to do that?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:04am
BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:54pm

If I was to run, of course Id sign up first.

You reckon these blokes needed to be members for 32 years as well to get a fair run at it by our supporters? It seems that way...

You are happy to accept AFL puppets and howl down Saints people.

Incredible supporter base we have.
If you are not a paid up member you have no right to call yourself a" Saints people". IMHO.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ss I think you can do it.
But you can't do it alone.
You need a small group of people.
At least one person has to be a high profile person.
And you need financial backing.
But that doesn't mean you can't do it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Needs to be some one who puts his money where his mouth is and is not just out of short pants.

I have taken a real dislike to this interloper.

ss1986
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 4:23pm Needs to be some one who puts his money where his mouth is and is not just out of short pants.

I’m here trying to put together a plan to resurrect the football club.... and I’m not a ‘Saints Person’ but you are because you pay some money.

By that reckoning, anyone who is living in poverty cant join your elitist football club and be a Saints Person.

You are a fool.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 6:26pm
saynta wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 4:23pm Needs to be some one who puts his money where his mouth is and is not just out of short pants.

I’m here trying to put together a plan to resurrect the football club.... and I’m not a ‘Saints Person’ but you are because you pay some money.

By that reckoning, anyone who is living in poverty cant join your elitist football club and be a Saints Person.

You are a fool.
And you are a wet behind the ears child, not long off his mothers tit who wants to hijack the club I have loved for twice the number of years you have been alive.

Enough posters on here have told you that they won't support a non member.

And you call me a fool. Dream on.

I will continue to oppose you as long as I draw breath, as you are starting to show your true colours. :roll:

If you had the sense you were born with you would have signed up for a membership before you posted the op.

But then you can't put an old head on shoulders so young. Your two main problems afaic.

And for your information, I pay more than a bit of money each year. I buy 9 memberships for my family including 4 social club memberships.

But you are too mean to buy even one.,For mine, you are not entitled to try and take over my club.
Last edited by saynta on Mon 11 Jun 2018 7:15pm, edited 3 times in total.

ss1986
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 6:43pm

You are a fool.
And you are a wet behind the ears child, not long off his mothers tit who wants to hijack the club I have loved for twice the number of years you have been alive.

I will continue to oppose you as long as I draw breath,as you are starting to show your true colours. :roll:
Hope you are happy with the one flag youve seen Saynta.

There wont be another one in your time with ‘supporters’ like you who have resigned themselves to a lifetime of mediocrity for this football club.

ss1986
Club Player

And if I wanted to deceive, I wouldve just left out the detail of me not being a member- so at least I’m honest.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:02amOnly thing is; I havent been a member out of principal against this shocking regime, which i think many would hold against me.
DEAL BREAKER.

Why wouldn't you renew your membership? This only hurts the club further. As an accountant, you should already know this.

Renew your membership, then keep renewing it for the next ten years and then come back to ask my opinion.

Next!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ss1986
Club Player

You are a fool.

I will continue to oppose you as long as I draw breath, as you are starting to show your true colours. :roll:

If you had the sense you were born with you would have signed up for a membership before you posted the op.

But then you can't put an old head on shoulders so young. Your two main problems afaic.

And for your nformation, I pay more than a bit of money each year. I buy 9 memberships for my family including 4 social club memberships.

But you are too mean to buy even one.,For mine, you are not entitled to try and take over my club.
Who cares how many memberships you buy/can afford Saynta?

Hate to break it to you, but in the grand scheme of things your individual purchases are irrelevant. Our operating loss might have been $9.995 million without you.

You are as financial small fry as anyone else who doesnt contribute tens of thousands.

And some people arent fortunate enough to contribute. Doesnt make them any less of a supporter than you. How dare you even insinuate otherwise? What gives you the right to determine what a Saints person is... and that someone cant be one if they arent a member?

I’m glad I have been given enough of an answer not to waste my time to represent supporters like you.

The club will get what it deserves. With old school thinking and a blatant unwillingness to embrace new generations and change, we might last until.....oooooohhh i dunno.... 2020?
Last edited by ss1986 on Mon 11 Jun 2018 7:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 6:48pm

You are a fool.

I will continue to oppose you as long as I draw breath,as you are starting to show your true colours. :roll:
Hope you are happy with the one flag youve seen Saynta.

There wont be another one in your time with ‘supporters’ like you who have resigned themselves to a lifetime of mediocrity for this football club.
Wrong. Again. I am happy to learn from tony74 that change is coming and also happy to learn that you won't be part of it.

Bit of heat and you appear to give up. Not someone I would want running my club,
Last edited by saynta on Mon 11 Jun 2018 7:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

ss1986
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 6:56pm
ss1986 wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:02amOnly thing is; I havent been a member out of principal against this shocking regime, which i think many would hold against me.
DEAL BREAKER.

Why wouldn't you renew your membership? This only hurts the club further. As an accountant, you should already know this.

Renew your membership, then keep renewing it for the next ten years and then come back to ask my opinion.

Next!
Yes, next.... AFL minion who most definitely isnt a Saints fan, let alone member 🤨

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 6:58pm

You are a fool.

And for your nformation, I pay more than a bit of money each year. I buy 9 memberships for my family including 4 social club memberships.

Hate to break it to you, but in the grand scheme of things your individual purchases are irrelevant. Our operating loss might have been $9.995 million without you.

You are as financial small fry as anyone else who doesnt contribute tens of thousands.

And some people arent fortunate enough to contribute. Doesnt make them any less of a supporter than you. How dare you even insinuate otherwise? What gives you the right to determine what a Saints person is... and that someone cant be one if they arent a member?

I’m glad I have been given enough of an answer not to waste my time to represent supporters like you.

The club will get what it deserves. With old school thinking and a blatant unwillingness to embrace new generations and change, we might last until.....oooooohhh i dunno.... 2020?
That's great news, chicken little.

Unfortunately you have caused me to waste precious time on you.

When I just read out your op to the missus, she burst into laughter.

Asked me what were you qualifications to run a football club which is after all a big business these days.

My answer to her was f***ed if I know. She laughed at you again.

So, young sir, as far as both of us are concerned, you are officially, at least in this house, a joke.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

enough ffs

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

lets turn this mess into a positive somehow

what have learnt young fella ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
ss1986
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 7:14pm
ss1986 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 6:58pm

You are a fool.

That's great news, chicken little.

Unfortunately you have caused me to waste precious time on you.

When I just read out your op to the missus, she burst into laughter.

Asked me what were you qualifications to run a football club which is after all a big business these days.

My answer to her was f***ed if I know. She laughed at you again.

So, young sir, as far as both of us are concerned, you are officially, at least in this house, a joke.
Rather spend a day as a Lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

Enjoy your Dom Perignon at dinner with your lovely Partner Saynta.

You can toast your contribution to the death of our football club.