Sharks are Circling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sharks are Circling

Crossy66 wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 12:22pm
rodgerfox wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:52am
Crossy66 wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:28am

But in response i would say:
your point 1 - AFL do these things for revenue before anything else. imho.
Probably right. However considering clubs generate revenue through alcoholism and gambling - I don't know why people would draw the line generating revenue via a social issue?

The Saints have been helping the homeless and drug affected for decades. There's many a social issue that clubs latch onto, and always have.
My last post on the topic Roger! No problem with Charities - Breast cancer, MND, homeless etc - not political and worthy of wide community support
Your first point - I see it as a politically charged issue. Re: the Alcohol and gambling issue, both are legal and common in the wider community.its the abuse of both that causes issues. Also worth noting that its hypocritical governments, supposed to govern in the best interests of all that generate the lion share of revenue from both but turn a blind eye to the negative impact . Its amazing what you can justify when money is involved.
Anyway, back on topic - put your effort into fixing my footy club for a while.
'Inclusion' isn't political. It's social.

It's not illegal to be gay.

But I don't think the club trying to generate revenue and change the public's perception of St Kilda's 'anti woman' culture and reckless party boy image by pretending to be socially conscious and 'care' about social issues detracts from 'fixing the club'. I'd argue that it is actually precisely designed to fix the club in certain aspects.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Vazelos wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 10:39am So I just made it up did I?
You have not seen a player under contract ever move in the history of football?
It happens all the time...

Player X says I am not happy I need a fresh start...
Club says we do not want someone in the dressing room that does not want to be there.
They do a trade.

I said in a previous post about his father, huge Essendon man involved in a coterie and they showed interest before.
A lot can happen by the end of the year, we may have a new board, a new coach he may want to stay who knows but my source is very strong.
As I've mentioned previously - Billings is precisely the player Essendoom do not need. Another light-bodied, outside small midfielder/forward is what they have an abundance of. They're still trying to make David Meyers into a starting midfielder as he weighs more than 75Kgs and over 183cms. Why they didn't go after FA Rockliff to replace Watson will remain a mystery forever.

If Essendon wants Billings - I'd do it for Devon Smith and Hurley. F&%k 'em.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 1:23pm

Club says we do not want someone in the dressing room that does not want to be there.
They do a trade.

I said in a previous post about his father, huge Essendon man involved in a coterie and they showed interest before.
A lot can happen by the end of the year, we may have a new board, a new coach he may want to stay who knows but my source is very strong.
As I've mentioned previously - Billings is precisely the player Essendoom do not need. Another light-bodied, outside small midfielder/forward is what they have an abundance of. They're still trying to make David Meyers into a starting midfielder as he weighs more than 75Kgs and over 183cms. Why they didn't go after FA Rockliff to replace Watson will remain a mystery forever.

After all that trouble with Lovett, the drug cheats should get SFA from the Saints.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 9:49am
Sainternist wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 2:52am Are people still getting upset over the Pride Game and non-gender specific toilets? Really? Why? I think that's the least of our concerns right now.

You would have thought so but it seems like it's set the sharks off and they're now circling.
The toilet sharks are circling? :shock:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 3:25pm

They do a trade.

After all that trouble with Lovett, the drug cheats should get SFA from the Saints.
Given how many Essendon people warned us off taking Lovett and yet we still pressed ahead - I'd say that one was entirely on us. Blind optimism there that Lovett would be the outside run panacea.

I'd like to think we got them back with the Carlisle trade however - Gresham and Carlise for which they ended up with Aarron Francis and Craig Bird.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 5:19pm
saynta wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 3:25pm

They do a trade.

Given how many Essendon people warned us off taking Lovett and yet we still pressed ahead - I'd say that one was entirely on us. Blind optimism there that Lovett would be the outside run panacea.

I'd like to think we got them back with the Carlisle trade however - Gresham and Carlise for which they ended up with Aarron Francis and Craig Bird.
Funny, but that's not my recollection.

We were sold a pup.

Maybe we were naive.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Lovett could have been getting friendly with sheep in the Linton St carpark and Lyon would have excused it
he was THAT desperate

Seeya
asiu
Saintsational Legend

but he knocked back a free short haired git the next year

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Vazelos
Club Player

jaxons wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 12:10pm
Vazelos wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 10:33am In 8 years of being in this site I have been a solid 100 gamer type, relatively conservative, giving my opinion but not wanting to upset anyone as you are all comrades in my eyes. Through work and various circles I find out things and at times I have not shared it on here not wanting to create issues for the club but after the non gender toilets pride game rubbish I have had enough.
What I know is 2 groups are waiting until the end of the year and will almost definitely challenge the current board.
I will say the Moorabbin and stadium deals have been huge ticks for this current board.
Outside of that its a mess.
We have lost focus on core business and Finnis is a Political correct champion feathering his reputation and using our club as a platform.
He he is meddling in the football dept too much, does not respect process and is upsetting his staff.
His Jamie Cox appointment has been a disaster and now he has placed him in another role instead of letting him go because he cant admit he made a mistake.

Richo bemoans a lack of resources apparently, again our lack of revenue hurting our ability to compete, been our story for 140 years.

Summer is a nice bloke but a powder puff and Finnis runs the joint with an iron fist.

Lethlean has been in the job for 6 months and has already gone for the Melbourne CEO job that is how much he covets the position and how much he respects the fact we gave him a chance after several clubs said "No thanks." He obviously thinks he is over qualified for the position. That is a joke.

Billings old man is shopping him around apparently, " How dare they drop my boy.?!" Soft silver spoon kid who will eventually play good football 100+ games in a strong team but it may not be at the Saints.

I know for a fact 2 weeks before the draft we were going to pick Petracca but a psyche test came back negative & we went for Mc Cartin.

I already told you in another post "Trout" Elshaug is gone end of year. How we traded out of 2nd and 3rd round picks for the best draft in 5-10 years is extraordinary.

So basically guys start of 2019 we could have a new board, new recruiting team and football dept.

The 2018-20 vision has been completely stuffed, we are in crises and the "sharks are circling."

After last week I say to most of them "Good Riddance!!!!" Do not let the door hit you on the way out!!!

A lot of truth in this post so well done on the accurate information.
The Petracca/McCarten stuff you wrote is not true but everything else is correct.
Who are you hearing the two groups are ready to take on board?
Mate I cant disclose my sources re Mc Cartin/Petracca but let me tell you that is a fact and the person doing the test was a female to give you some more ITK information, 2 weeks before we were going for Petracca. They changed their mind because he came across too cocky.
Take or leave it that is ok if you believe otherwise.
I cant at this stage disclose those names in the 2 groups unfortunately but its happening.
Sorry I cant give anymore at this stage.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:13pm
Vazelos wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 10:33am In 8 years of being in this site I have been a solid 100 gamer type, relatively conservative, giving my opinion but not wanting to upset anyone as you are all comrades in my eyes. Through work and various circles I find out things and at times I have not shared it on here not wanting to create issues for the club but after the non gender toilets pride game rubbish I have had enough.
What I know is 2 groups are waiting until the end of the year and will almost definitely challenge the current board.
I will say the Moorabbin and stadium deals have been huge ticks for this current board.
We have lost focus on core business and Finnis is a Political correct champion feathering his reputation and using our club as a platform.
He he is meddling in the football dept too much, does not respect process and is upsetting his staff.
His Jamie Cox appointment has been a disaster and now he has placed him in another role instead of letting him go because he cant admit he made a mistake.

Richo bemoans a lack of resources apparently, again our lack of revenue hurting our ability to compete, been our story for 140 years.

Summer is a nice bloke but a powder puff and Finnis runs the joint with an iron fist.

Lethlean has been in the job for 6 months and has already gone for the Melbourne CEO job that is how much he covets the position and how much he respects the fact we gave him a chance after several clubs said "No thanks." He obviously thinks he is over qualified for the position. That is a joke.

Billings old man is shopping him around apparently, " How dare they drop my boy.?!" Soft silver spoon kid who will eventually play good football 100+ games in a strong team but it may not be at the Saints.

I know for a fact 2 weeks before the draft we were going to pick Petracca but a psyche test came back negative & we went for Mc Cartin.

I already told you in another post "Trout" Elshaug is gone end of year. How we traded out of 2nd and 3rd round picks for the best draft in 5-10 years is extraordinary.

So basically guys start of 2019 we could have a new board, new recruiting team and football dept.

The 2018-20 vision has been completely stuffed, we are in crises and the "sharks are circling."

After last week I say to most of them "Good Riddance!!!!" Do not let the door hit you on the way out!!!

The Petracca/McCarten stuff you wrote is not true but everything else is correct.
Mate I cant disclose my sources re Mc Cartin/Petracca but let me tell you that is a fact and the person doing the test was a female to give you some more ITK information, 2 weeks before we were going for Petracca. They changed their mind because he came across too cocky.
I cant at this stage disclose those names in the 2 groups unfortunately but its happening.
What about your claim Richo bemoaning a lack of resources? Is this also ITK information? Or can can you expand on specifics?

jaxons
Club Player

Things are looking bleak Guys if you want to be accurate and up to date.
I think the connection to the big advertising media company have withdrawn their interest due to business commitments and also the feeling of the incompetence of current situation might be too large and obstacle to overcome.
The second group is filled with people who have already danced at this wedding, none of which you would be thrilled with being back in charge of our club.
Things look as bad as thy ever have at the Saints.
No light at end of tunnel now.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I've said this a couple of times jaxons.
We are in the old catch 22 situation.

We desperately need some people with big money and good sense to come in.

But anyone with good sense wouldnt throw money at the Saints.....
Catch 22.

Anyone who does throw big money at us is probably insane....
Catch 22.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Might as well fold the whole club like Fitzroy things are so bleak. Game over everyone. Time to give up.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Didn't draft a 17yo kid cos he was 'cocky'.
All 17yo kids are cocky. Who gives a s***.

Then we pick Paddy because he is a 'ripper kid' and 'down to earth' from a 'great family'.

Jesus Christ.

The culture of the place is just ridiculous.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:39pm

I think the connection to the big advertising media company have withdrawn their interest due to business commitments and also the feeling of the incompetence of current situation might be too large and obstacle to overcome.
The second group is filled with people who have already danced at this wedding, none of which you would be thrilled with being back in charge of our club.
Tragedy if true
We are in fold country on current trajectory
What a disaster and let me guess.......good old GT putting his snout back in the trough for another go?
We’re f***ed

“Yeah….nah””
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Shark has certainly been jumped.

jaxons
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:58pm

Tragedy if true
We are in fold country on current trajectory
What a disaster and let me guess.......good old GT putting his snout back in the trough for another go?
We’re f***ed
Couldn’t agree more Teflon.
Feel like there is no hope now.

congorozides
Club Player

Look on the bright side if Butters comes back in Gents.

If we are 10 goals down at half time, I'll know where to score some coke at the game and then we can go out and at least salvage the night.
Last edited by congorozides on Fri 15 Jun 2018 12:14am, edited 1 time in total.

saintadamski
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:49pm Didn't draft a 17yo kid cos he was 'cocky'.

Then we pick Paddy because he is a 'ripper kid' and 'down to earth' from a 'great family'.

Jesus Christ.

The cockier the better! It means they are confident, young and courageous...they will grow up to be leaders on the field. But unfortunately , the morons in charge think otherwise.
The only thing McCartin will ever lead, is his career down the toilet.

If we are drafting players based on the fact they are 'ripper kids' from 'a great family' , It's time this club closed up shop.
As I've said on countless occasions, Ameet Bains and Tony Elshaug have brought this club to its damn knees.

If they don't fire Elshaug at the end of the year, and start recruiting fierce competitive kids (couldn't give a damn s*** what family they come from) then I'm cancelling my membership after 30 years, and moving on.
I'm so very tired of the culture at the joint, and the conveyer belt of incompetent idiots that keep being hired to run the show.
Enough is enough. This is a farce, and it's time to let go.
Last edited by saintadamski on Fri 15 Jun 2018 12:14am, edited 1 time in total.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 1:35pm So the non gender toilets is the reason to create issues?

I thought the attendance at the Pride game was up there with the biggest of the year for a home game which is fantastic considering team performance which I'm guesssing might have also made some coin for the club. I'm sure someone has the facts

And yeah some specifics around Richo bemoaning a lack of resources would give these ITK claims some credibility. I would have thought there might be some teething problems with the move back to Mooraabin but isn't the new training facility supposed to be state of the art?
The resources Richo is lacking is talented players.
Recruiting department needs a total overhaul.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
congorozides
Club Player

Vazelos
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:32pm

What about your claim Richo bemoaning a lack of resources? Is this also ITK information? Or can can you expand on specifics?
Yes its obviously ITK sources where do you think I got it from?
To me its a cop out, all failing coaches at smaller clubs say that, didnt hurt Luke Beveridge.

Vazelos
Club Player

Is this group have a name starting with B?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 12:11am
Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:49pm Didn't draft a 17yo kid cos he was 'cocky'.

Jesus Christ.

The cockier the better! It means they are confident, young and courageous...they will grow up to be leaders on the field. But unfortunately , the morons in charge think otherwise.
The only thing McCartin will ever lead, is his career down the toilet.

If we are drafting players based on the fact they are 'ripper kids' from 'a great family' , It's time this club closed up shop.
As I've said on countless occasions, Ameet Bains and Tony Elshaug have brought this club to its damn knees.

If they don't fire Elshaug at the end of the year, and start recruiting fierce competitive kids (couldn't give a damn s*** what family they come from) then I'm cancelling my membership after 30 years, and moving on.
I'm so very tired of the culture at the joint, and the conveyer belt of incompetent idiots that keep being hired to run the show.
Enough is enough. This is a farce, and it's time to let go.
Cocky is very different to competitive.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 12:42am
Cairnsman wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:32pm

Yes its obviously ITK sources where do you think I got it from?
To me its a cop out, all failing coaches at smaller clubs say that, didnt hurt Luke Beveridge.