Trout gone end of Year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trout gone end of Year

Not meaning to be contrary but has he done so badly compared to other clubs given the uncertainties implicit in the draft, luck with available talent when your pick comes and the brief he would have got from the club as to player type to go for, as well as the influence of Mr Pelchen. Off the top of my pointy head, Sydney seem best at recruiting over the medium term and it had the benefit of extra salary cap and I think an academy concession. His main sin seems to be Paddy, rolled the dice on his health and hasn't had a collect yet because of the concussions which could be seen as a general risk no one could honestly foresee being so bad. Suns seem to have done a lot worse with far better opportunities and GWS can't be judged for a while because of its preferential treatment. Actually its arguable that the gifts to Suns/GWS had double negative effects on teams like Carlton and the Saints. I am not suggesting he is a genius, just that he is not a complete fool either. Drafting must be devilishly difficult as you are expected to crystal ball the future in a slow incubating environment and no other industry has shown it can.

saintadamski
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Fri 08 Jun 2018 4:20pm
saintadamski wrote: Fri 08 Jun 2018 2:53pm
saynta wrote: Fri 08 Jun 2018 10:47am
takeaway wrote: Thu 07 Jun 2018 11:17pm
saintadamski wrote: Thu 07 Jun 2018 7:20pm
takeaway wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 9:39pm
chico2001 wrote: Wed 06 Jun 2018 8:41pm Linton, well put together. Only problem is that we have won 1.5 games this year and that blows the thinking of top recruiting right out the window and that's a fact. That stat means more than any other data on the planet. It cannot be disputed. It has been said 100 times on various threads that some of the top recruits have not shone this year there have been a lot who have supported them as well and thats fair . Why wont someone put a pass mark on the saints for this year? should be easy for keyboard warriors such as us.
saintpav ...you reckon posters are feebleminded , give us the advantage of your 135+ IQ and tell us where we will finish on the ladder this year, how many games will we win with these very good players we have?
You have stated "and that's a fact" in a number of posts, and in all of them you should be saying "and that's my opinion", because they are certainly not facts.
Drafting from 2013 onwards is still very much a work in progress, with all players drafted still learning the caper, and we really don't know how they will turn out for another few years.

One of the main reasons for the current ladder position is the lack of senior players from the 2005-10 drafts/trades, and we also lost an important 2 from earlier drafts last year, 3 incl Dempster. Those drafts were not the responsibility of the current recruiting team. Current team not perfect, but I think Linton L has summed it up well.
We have certainly improved over the former regime.

Pass mark for the Saints this year would be a No. 3 pick, let the recruiting team add some more cream.

Just to help you with Year 11 English, a FACT is "a thing that is known or proved to be true". Even when you quote something that may be a fact, you get it wrong. McEvoy was not traded for Savage - we got Dunstan as well, or Acres, one of them.

Keep your "opinions" coming though, for what they are worth.
Both actually.
He was traded for Savage and pick 18 - Luke Dunstan
You're still stuck on that little tid bit?
Well while you're stuck on that - we're stuck on the bottom of the ladder

BUT THERE IS HOPE - No Billings or Geary this week....I reckon we're going to be competitive!
As Saynta pointed out, we also got Acres as part of the trade! Fairly big tid bit! Sort of knocks your example of "poor" trading out the window! Lost pick 24 & a later pick.
I agree that we have a chance this week, not worried about Geary, but would have preferred Billings to Lonie. Though Billings probably needs a break from all the Dorothy Downer critics, and hopefully will be back next week with a clear head and his kicking boot on. A game in the 2's did an A grade player like Dal Santo a lot of good.
Remember, the cream always rises to the top!
Jack Billings 2018
GM K HB D M G GA B T HO FF FA CL CG I50 R50 AF * SC *
Total 11 108 105 213 46 6 9 12 26 0 9 4 4 29 34 8 821 759
Average 11 9.8 9.6 19.4 4.2 0.6 0.8 1.1 2.4 0 0.8 0.4 0.4 2.6 3.1 0.7 74.6 69.0

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 08 Jun 2018 4:43pm
parkeysainter wrote: Fri 08 Jun 2018 12:38am Image

Yep. Fishing for Trout on Sunday with the missus would be fun.
Bump. Just because I like fishing. :wink:
Yep. That is a pic of my missus when we went fishing off Florida hence the Budweiser. :P :wink:

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Sat 09 Jun 2018 10:47am
saynta wrote: Fri 08 Jun 2018 4:43pm
parkeysainter wrote: Fri 08 Jun 2018 12:38am Image

Yep. Fishing for Trout on Sunday with the missus would be fun.
Bump. Just because I like fishing. :wink:
Yep. That is a pic of my missus when we went fishing off Florida hence the Budweiser. :P :wink:

If I ever have a beer then Budweiser would do me.

Mind you I don't drink but that picture of the bottle could tempt me.

saintadamski
Club Player

Hey Takeaway - I need some of your bulls*** positive spin after tonight - it might act as a pain killer
Thanks in advance

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If the club think Trout is a big enough scalp to appease people my good they have contempt for the fans.

Giving Richo a two year extension after our insipid end to last season was a horrendous error of judgment.

saintadamski
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 2:06am If the club think Trout is a big enough scalp to appease people my good they have contempt for the fans.

Giving Richo a two year extension after our insipid end to last season was a horrendous error of judgment.
I'm beginning to agree with you
But the personnel is just so poor

Vazelos
Club Player

Go through the misses he has been a pass mark at the most lenient.
Assistant coaches need a shake up too...
Been there too long...

Vazelos
Club Player

Took sooner than I was told....
The heads are starting to roll..

Junior
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 2:06am If the club think Trout is a big enough scalp to appease people my good they have contempt for the fans.

Did I miss the press release where the club suggested this?

I believe only one of the assistants will still be here next year, but the person who told me this also said Richo was safe.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.