Official IN and Outs for PA

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Official IN and Outs for PA

IN
Logan Austin, Jimmy Webster, Sam Gilbert, Nathan Wright
OUT
Josh Battle (Injured), Bailey Rice (Omitted), Jake Carlisle (Injured), Nathan Brown (Injured)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintbob
SS Life Member

Re: Official IN and Outs for PA

It could only happen at poor old St Kilda,
Bruce breaks his leg in a training incident and poor old Carlisle has his lung accidentally puntured by a doctor trying to relieve rib tension/tightness.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunate circumstances but good that Joyce gets 2 in a row. Wright playing for his future, hope it goes well for him. Legs breaks, to say the obvious, are so hard to come back from. I also hope he has and Josh B will.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Rice omitted :shock:

and Wright for Battle?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
noddy04
Club Player

Im not worried now i just heard that out of the past 8 Round 16 games Port have played they have only won 1. :D And with the inclusion of Jack Watts it makes us a certainty....doesnt it?

freely
SS Hall of Fame

I don't mind these. Trying to retain a bit of flexibility. Wright's not as good as Battle but he does bring the same sort of energy. I think the kamikaze bookends of Battle and DMac have made a difference.

silverhalo
Club Player

No Tom Hickey......give me a break

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 7:55pm Unfortunate circumstances but good that Joyce gets 2 in a row. Wright playing for his future, hope it goes well for him. Legs breaks, to say the obvious, are so hard to come back from. I also hope he has and Josh B will.
Its only his fibula, he'll be fine

Nee!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 7:55pm Rice omitted :shock:

and Wright for Battle?

Officially tanking.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

silverhalo wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 8:24pm No Tom Hickey......give me a break
Not surprising really. As unimpresive as Longer was on Sunday, he played in a “winning” team and given the outs of Carlisle and Battle, Richo is probably reluctant to make further changes to the talls than he’s already had to.

Without knowing the state of current contracts, I’ll be extremely surprised if both Hickey and Longer are both on our list next season. One is very likely to go and I think Richo and co are still trying to work out who that is. They’ve had a good look at Hickey and probably want to give Longer a chance to prove if he can do any better. From what we’ve seen so far, can’t see it happening. Hope to proven wrong though.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 9:00pm
Not surprising really. As unimpresive as Longer was on Sunday, he played in a “winning” team and given the outs of Carlisle and Battle, Richo is probably reluctant to make further changes to the talls than he’s already had to.

Without knowing the state of current contracts, I’ll be extremely surprised if both Hickey and Longer are both on our list next season. One is very likely to go and I think Richo and co are still trying to work out who that is. They’ve had a good look at Hickey and probably want to give Longer a chance to prove if he can do any better. From what we’ve seen so far, can’t see it happening. Hope to proven wrong though.
I agree with you what I don't understand is what they see in Longer.

For mine Hickey wasn't that bad when he played this year and even if he wasn't great Longer still makes him look like Polly Farmer.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 9:15pm

For mine Hickey wasn't that bad when he played this year and even if he wasn't great Longer still makes him look like Polly Farmer.
Hickey wasn't our worst player by a long streak in some of our losses, and I would have any ruck who can take a grab around the ground and play well below the knees as Hickey can, and Billy cant...let alone even get near marking contests. This might be Billy's make or break game after his shocker last week.

some muppet

how did lazar's man stay in??? :shock:

and against an agile ruckman like ryder!!!!! (is that the correct number of exclamation marks lazar? :wink: )

a bad week to be playing one short............. could get really fugly.

play the game here, and have us field 22 blokes, and we'd win for sure.

we can still beat this mob! but the 'billy factor' against ryder is a worry.

though now that i've seen that port in a brain explosion moment has selected jack muppets, it's a fairer battle.

we spot them the 'presence' of a bloke with no talent.

they spot us a muppet with no, how shall i put it(?) with no................... 'intensity'. :roll:

ok. i'm sold. that swings it! we win!

(and their generous selection of lindsay sookie sookie la la thomas-muppet doesn't hurt my call either.)

hey sainter dad, looks like those west coast muppets lose this week after all. :mrgreen:

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

spert wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 9:35pm

Hickey wasn't our worst player by a long streak in some of our losses, and I would have any ruck who can take a grab around the ground and play well below the knees as Hickey can, and Billy cant...let alone even get near marking contests. This might be Billy's make or break game after his shocker last week.
I agree its make or break... problem is we have never seen Longer be good at anything other than hit outs so I don't see how he can all of a sudden develop that part of his game.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 9:40pm

I agree its make or break... problem is we have never seen Longer be good at anything other than hit outs so I don't see how he can all of a sudden develop that part of his game.
He hasn’t been particularly good at hit outs either this season. That’s supposed to be strength, but he’s yet to win that tally against a single opponent. Against Martin and Gawn, they almost doubled that tally!

But now it’s apparently not so much his hit outs being his strength, but his defensive work and “presence” at the stoppages. His opponents may get more hit outs, but he apparently makes it a little tougher for them.

I think Longer’s perceived tap work is becoming a bit of a myth.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 9:49pm
Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 9:40pm

He hasn’t been particularly good at hit outs either this season. That’s supposed to be strength, but he’s yet to win that tally against a single opponent. Against Martin and Gawn, they almost doubled that tally!

But now it’s apparently not so much his hit outs being his strength, but his defensive work and “presence” at the stoppages. His opponents may get more hit outs, but he apparently makes it a little tougher for them.

I think Longer’s perceived tap work is becoming a bit of a myth.
I think it must be about his attitude and his willingness to compete.

What he actually delivers is less than Hickey both defensivley and in attacking play

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 8:43pm

and Wright for Battle?

Officially tanking.
Damn straight. I mean - knowing that I rightly received a warning for accusing Richo and his Match Committee or being on meth - I would be mentioning that again.

But I still can’t work out how - in what’s turned out very early to be a development season - we see fit to give games to complete proven no-hopers (ie Lonie; Wright) and players who’ll not be there when we’re good again (Gilbert) yet leave Coffield and White (a-fu€king-gain!!!!) whilst simultaneously dropping Rice (who I haven’t seen do much wrong in his recent run.

You’d think the talented youngsters would get much better much more quickly playing at the level surrounded by better players.

Call me crazy ....

Go you red, black & white warriors
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Ron Burgundy is crazy

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Disappointed not to see Goddard

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 10:16pm
rodgerfox wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 8:43pm

and Wright for Battle?

Officially tanking.
Damn straight. I mean - knowing that I rightly received a warning for accusing Richo and his Match Committee or being on meth - I would be mentioning that again.

But I still can’t work out how - in what’s turned out very early to be a development season - we see fit to give games to complete proven no-hopers (ie Lonie; Wright) and players who’ll not be there when we’re good again (Gilbert) yet leave Coffield and White (a-fu€king-gain!!!!) whilst simultaneously dropping Rice (who I haven’t seen do much wrong in his recent run.

You’d think the talented youngsters would get much better much more quickly playing at the level surrounded by better players.

Call me crazy ....
5 weeks ago everybody said that there was no hope for Dmac but he has re-ignited his career in the last few weeks, surely Wright deserves the same chance, whats the worst that can happen? he fails he gets delisted, Rice will obviously be there for the long term so will White, and Coffield

ace
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 8:01pm Im not worried now i just heard that out of the past 8 Round 16 games Port have played they have only won 1. :D And with the inclusion of Jack Watts it makes us a certainty....doesnt it?
Paddy versus Watts
The match up of the century.
Two No 1 draft picks playing against each other
Port brought in Watts to see who is the worst No1 pick of this century.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Tom Hickey plays the best game of his life at Sandringham and the selectors go and tell him we prefer some one else as the emergency ruckman.
Some one at Moorabbin doesn't like him.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Not sure if this is a fan forum or special school, seems to be a lot of slow learners here!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 11:04pm Tom Hickey plays the best game of his life at Sandringham and the selectors go and tell him we prefer some one else as the emergency ruckman.
Some one at Moorabbin doesn't like him.
+1 It doesn't make any sense at all.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 10:54pm
noddy04 wrote: Thu 05 Jul 2018 8:01pm Im not worried now i just heard that out of the past 8 Round 16 games Port have played they have only won 1. :D And with the inclusion of Jack Watts it makes us a certainty....doesnt it?
Paddy versus Watts
The match up of the century.
Two No 1 draft picks playing against each other
Port brought in Watts to see who is the worst No1 pick of this century.
You could have to waited until Western Bulldogs played GWS as well, but Patton out with an ACL!