Saints will bounce back into the middle six pack in 2019

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints will bounce back into the middle six pack in 2019

No way in hell are we going to land 4-5 good players. Gaff would be perfect for us but he'd be mad to come to such a poorly performing team. Polec seems more realistic and might be the best FA we have an actual chance of luring with cash. Dahlhaus might be gettable as well and would improve our team. So hypothetically let's say we grab Polec and Dahlhaus as FA's for some speed and run, what does our round 1 team look like next year (assuming Richo is still coach and continues with his predictable selections)

B: Webster, Brown, Geary
HB: Savage, Carlisle, Roberton
C: Acres, Steele, Polec
HF: Billings, Bruce, Dahlhaus
F: Membrey, McCartin, Gresham

Foll: Hickey, Steven, Ross
Int: Armitage, Clark, Dunstan, Sinclair

That's a best-case scenario in regards to recruiting (unless we get a new coach and strategy) and injuries and that team is still just a 12th-14th kind of proposition

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Parkey are you on the juice again?

Has it not occurred to you that why the f*** would A graders come to us with our useless coach in charge?

The FA’s need to see sweeping changes and that includes getting a new coach like a Clarko that revolutionises our club.

But that’s not all - it runs far deeper and not something fixable in one season.

Con is right - we can only beat the likes of GC & Carlton (plus a mentally fragile at the time proper team like Melbourne). Hard to see us improving much next year barring the Clarko type change (but can’t see that happening before trade week!!)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

He has to go in the next 5 weeks, otherwise the majority on our list will be permanently scarred deadwood for the rest of there career that never reached there potential with another two seasons under him. Whilst it's not a potential top 4 list,, with a few additions there's enough talent there for us to not take 11 years like Melbourne did , but if Richo stays might as well be 111.

Complete clean out of the coaching staff. Playfair can stay if he wishes he only just got there , release him if he wants to go. I wouldn't be waiting another 6 weeks to sack Richo either, I'd do it tonight. Give Hamill the gig for the last 5 games.

No decent free agents are coming to us whilst he's there. Any top end picks aren't going to be developed to there potential whilst he is there. The supporters have zero hope whilst he is there . Team selection will continue to be calamitous whilst he is there . It would be beyond belief if he coached again next year.

He has to go. As every day putting off quitting smoking is doing you damage , the same can be said about our current set up.

Bring back the Lockett era
nw7
Club Player

We really need a ruckman. Hickey is better than Longer however compared to other Ruckman they are both at the bottom end. Develop Marshall, try Peirce and look for another option as well. Our mids arent great but having a decent ruckman will help the mids.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote: Sun 22 Jul 2018 8:19am He has to go in the next 5 weeks, otherwise the majority on our list will be permanently scarred deadwood for the rest of there career that never reached there potential with another two seasons under him. Whilst it's not a potential top 4 list,, with a few additions there's enough talent there for us to not take 11 years like Melbourne did , but if Richo stays might as well be 111.

Complete clean out of the coaching staff. Playfair can stay if he wishes he only just got there , release him if he wants to go. I wouldn't be waiting another 6 weeks to sack Richo either, I'd do it tonight. Give Hamill the gig for the last 5 games.

No decent free agents are coming to us whilst he's there. Any top end picks aren't going to be developed to there potential whilst he is there. The supporters have zero hope whilst he is there . Team selection will continue to be calamitous whilst he is there . It would be beyond belief if he coached again next year.

He has to go. As every day putting off quitting smoking is doing you damage , the same can be said about our current set up.
Totally agree. Road to nowhere at present.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 22 Jul 2018 3:29am
takeaway wrote: Sat 21 Jul 2018 6:06pm I reckon you have got it pretty right parkey, subject to injuries next year.
You and parkey seem to agree a hell of a lot. You're on the same wavelength like a pair of characters in a film I saw once ...Lloyd and Harry
Yes, above the irrational and often incoherent rantings of the barbarian hordes, there are at least some glimmers of hope and reason, and football knowledge.
Who are Lloyd and Harry?

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Sun 22 Jul 2018 10:12am
takeaway wrote: Sat 21 Jul 2018 6:06pm I reckon you have got it pretty right parkey, subject to injuries next year.
You and parkey seem to agree a hell of a lot. You're on the same wavelength like a pair of characters in a film I saw once ...Lloyd and Harry
Yes, above the irrational and often incoherent rantings of the barbarian hordes, there are at least some glimmers of hope and reason, and football knowledge.
True. I laugh my arse off at some of the negative and doom & gloom posts in this joint. There is a big lack of footy knowledge and common sense on here sometimes.

Just keeping the "Barbarians at the Gates" as they say. Its reminiscent of the Roman Empire keeping the Slavic and Germanic hordes at bay during the 4th and 5th centuries.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
takeaway
Club Player

Ah ha. Haven't seen the film myself. Your favourite?

congorozides
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Sun 22 Jul 2018 3:49pm
True. I laugh my arse off at some of the negative and doom & gloom posts in this joint. There is a big lack of footy knowledge and common sense on here sometimes.

Just keeping the "Barbarians at the Gates" as they say. Its reminiscent of the Roman Empire keeping the Slavic and Germanic hordes at bay during the 4th and 5th centuries.

How did that end up?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote: Sun 22 Jul 2018 3:57pm
parkeysainter wrote: Sun 22 Jul 2018 3:49pm

How did that end up?
Romans ended up in the box seat.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Sun 22 Jul 2018 7:31am No way in hell are we going to land 4-5 good players. Gaff would be perfect for us but he'd be mad to come to such a poorly performing team. Polec seems more realistic and might be the best FA we have an actual chance of luring with cash. Dahlhaus might be gettable as well and would improve our team. So hypothetically let's say we grab Polec and Dahlhaus as FA's for some speed and run, what does our round 1 team look like next year (assuming Richo is still coach and continues with his predictable selections)

B: Webster, Brown, Geary
HB: Savage, Carlisle, Roberton
C: Acres, Steele, Polec
HF: Billings, Bruce, Dahlhaus
F: Membrey, McCartin, Gresham

Foll: Hickey, Steven, Ross
Int: Armitage, Clark, Dunstan, Sinclair

That's a best-case scenario in regards to recruiting (unless we get a new coach and strategy) and injuries and that team is still just a 12th-14th kind of proposition
That's a horrible team, we could nearly win another spoon with that line-up.
We wouldn't win a ruck contest, we wouldn't win a centre clearance, in fact, we wouldn't win anything.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintbob
SS Life Member

We will be an absolute laughing stock, even more than we are now, if we recruit Jared Polec.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote: Sun 22 Jul 2018 8:19am He has to go in the next 5 weeks, otherwise the majority on our list will be permanently scarred deadwood for the rest of there career that never reached there potential with another two seasons under him. Whilst it's not a potential top 4 list,, with a few additions there's enough talent there for us to not take 11 years like Melbourne did , but if Richo stays might as well be 111.

Hamill?

:shock:

The Peanut
Club Player

What I see is a bunch of kids who are still learning the game, don't have mature bodies and don't yet even understand their own bodies - running around trying to play above themselves with no real onfield leadership. Sure there is a couple of old worn-out warriors doing their best, but I can't see any meaningful improvement until at least 2020.

It looks like Richo is here to stay and although I would agree with a change, but only if the change involves a significant replacement(s), and they are short on the ground - otherwise we'll just have to get used to suffering while Richo learns from his mistakes while he sees out his contract ... if he does either.

Even adding the odd super star is not enough at the moment, and we would be lucky to entice a high level player until we look a bit better. IMHO

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: Sat 21 Jul 2018 4:29pm Carlton and the Suns are the only teams we can be certain of finishing above next season.
Disagree. Carlton will go ahead of us.
They have a better list.

Nee!
longtimesaint
Club Player

Just where are all these super coaches and assistants going to come from to suddenly transform our team?

One year will be our year
loris
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Sat 21 Jul 2018 5:06pm
parkeysainter wrote: Sat 21 Jul 2018 4:44pm my whispers tell me…
Your whispers are in your head mate and you should stop trying to pass them off as inside mail, it's becoming embarrassing.
Agree dragit...... it has become embarrassing.

I’ve been waiting today for his, “the whisper is” or, “I’ve heard, the Saints are talking to Angus Brayshaw........ da, da de da.”

There is an article about Brayshaw on the ALF.com site, stating that a few clubs are ‘supposed’ to be interested in Brayshaw, namely Footscray, North, Saints and some other team, as Brayshaw comes out of contract at the end this season & had put off his contract dealing till the end of the season.

IMHO, PS’s modus operandi is to read these type of articles/comments , and post the information on Sainstational, with words like “the whisper is, I heard” , he never acknowledges that it’s been gleaned from AFL.com, Saints.com, SEN or some other area, like most other posters do.

Maybe we can excuse PS if he has some Japanese heritage.......... as there is no such term or idea as plagiarism in Japanese culture?????? :P

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

loris wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 7:01pm
dragit wrote: Sat 21 Jul 2018 5:06pm
parkeysainter wrote: Sat 21 Jul 2018 4:44pm my whispers tell me…
Your whispers are in your head mate and you should stop trying to pass them off as inside mail, it's becoming embarrassing.
Agree dragit...... it has become embarrassing.

I’ve been waiting today for his, “the whisper is” or, “I’ve heard, the Saints are talking to Angus Brayshaw........ da, da de da.”

There is an article about Brayshaw on the ALF.com site, stating that a few clubs are ‘supposed’ to be interested in Brayshaw, namely Footscray, North, Saints and some other team, as Brayshaw comes out of contract at the end this season & had put off his contract dealing till the end of the season.

IMHO, PS’s modus operandi is to read these type of articles/comments , and post the information on Sainstational, with words like “the whisper is, I heard” , he never acknowledges that it’s been gleaned from AFL.com, Saints.com, SEN or some other area, like most other posters do.

Maybe we can excuse PS if he has some Japanese heritage.......... as there is no such term or idea as plagiarism in Japanese culture?????? :P
Brayshaw? Lol. No chance. Same as Gaff.

Don't like my posts and rumours I get told, then don't read them or block me. I couldn't care less. Just passing on stuff I hear for other posters. I have received thanks and PM's for such. Had family play for and be involved at StKilda as I've said before.

There are a couple of other players we are potentially after and could get, but I won't mention it on here. Couldn't be bothered with the crap I have to read after it. I've got better things to do.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 7:35pm
Just passing on stuff I hear for other posters.
As we all suspected.

Absolutely hilarious.

Winning!

:)