One step closer to a top Pick.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

One step closer to a top Pick.

Has everyone prepared themselves for another reaming today ? or do we still have some that struggle with reality.

Loss by 50?

PS some may simply see this as negativity ..I see it as keeping it real..believe me, it helps.
Last edited by The Fireman on Sat 28 Jul 2018 1:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: One step closer to a top Pick.

I have the same feeling about today's game that I have had before every game over the past 40ish years, I'm an addict.

Bullish. Dream the big dream.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 9:31am Has everyone prepared themselves for another reaming today ? or do we still have some that struggle with reality.

Loss by 50?

PS some may simply see this as negativity ..I see it as keeping it real..believes me, it helps.
Not sure how the perpetually offended haven't jumped on your use of this terminology!
Pride and all that!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 10:46am
The Fireman wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 9:31am Has everyone prepared themselves for another reaming today ? or do we still have some that struggle with reality.

Loss by 50?

PS some may simply see this as negativity ..I see it as keeping it real..believes me, it helps.
Not sure how the perpetually offended haven't jumped on your use of this terminology!
Pride and all that!
perpetually offended.... luv it

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Yeah nah the first quarter effort was really disappointing. We pride ourselves on being really strong at the contest. Getting beaten so comprehensively in that area is inconsistent with what we're about, inconsistent with our brand. Full credit to the Giants and their coaching staff. They were really thorough in their preparation and really executed strongly on a solid gameplan. I thought our second half fight back was pretty pleasing and positive. I thought we really built off our tackle pressure and ferocity at the contest. It gives us something to build toward for the Bulldogs.

Yeah nah Freeman won't debut against the Dogs. He's not quite where we want him to be. It's not a fitness issue at this point. It's about getting his footy to where we know it can be. We want him to really unleash that explosive potential within. Really start spitting venom and breathing fire. We want him to flail his arms like a madman and really gyrate those hips strongly, while spinning in a circle. We expect him to teleport from one side of the field to other. We need him to confound his opponents with riddles. Really harness the power of illusion and incorporate that into his game. Once he learns to transcend his corporeal body, then we'll have to have that conversation at match committee. He's on the right track. Pleasing. Positive.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintbob
SS Life Member

We’ll get flogged by 12 goals plus today, but no doubt there will be “several pleasing moments” when Richo fronts up for the post match media conference.

older saint
SS Life Member

40+ point defeat, post game cliches

Media officer will supply the same sheet from the file used 4-6 times already - "the disappointed but better team we can learn from " retoric
" Really disappointing effort against a very talented side.
Attack on the ball and man with the ball was good at times but just not for long enough
Thought Marshall again showed a bit and will keep exposing him to this level.
We know the style of football we want to play and have shown at times during the year and we will keep working on this with the player

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Giants will get a 10 goal lead in the first quarter and then they'll get tired

Laughing your arse off is difficult if your trying to focus and do other things at the same time. After quarter time they'll be pissing themselves laughing at how bad we are.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 11:54am Yeah nah the first quarter effort was really disappointing. We pride ourselves on being really strong at the contest. Getting beaten so comprehensively in that area is inconsistent with what we're about, inconsistent with our brand. Full credit to the Giants and their coaching staff. They were really thorough in their preparation and really executed strongly on a solid gameplan. I thought our second half fight back was pretty pleasing and positive. I thought we really built off our tackle pressure and ferocity at the contest. It gives us something to build toward for the Bulldogs.

Yeah nah Freeman won't debut against the Dogs. He's not quite where we want him to be. It's not a fitness issue at this point. It's about getting his footy to where we know it can be. We want him to really unleash that explosive potential within. Really start spitting venom and breathing fire. We want him to flail his arms like a madman and really gyrate those hips strongly, while spinning in a circle. We expect him to teleport from one side of the field to other. We need him to confound his opponents with riddles. Really harness the power of illusion and incorporate that into his game. Once he learns to transcend his corporeal body, then we'll have to have that conversation at match committee. He's on the right track. Pleasing. Positive.
you sir have a crystal ball..do you have tonights tattslotto numbers ?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Keep Greene quiet and hope that Billings Steele and Sinclair win the midfiled with cameo support from the half backs and I give us a chance. They are gettable.

The Recruit
Club Player

16-11-107
7-8-50

57 points

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Has everyone prepared themselves for another reaming today ? or do we still have some that struggle with reality.

Loss by 50?

PS some may simply see this as negativity ..I see it as keeping it real..believe me, it helps.
I’m not sure what you’re saying here. Do you want us to lose?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 4:35pm
The Fireman wrote:Has everyone prepared themselves for another reaming today ? or do we still have some that struggle with reality.

Loss by 50?

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. Do you want us to lose?
so you think we have a choice ??

torn

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I didn’t think you would answer.

We have the choice to try. Maybe we’ll be good enough on the day. It’s called sport.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:03pm I didn’t think you would answer.

We have the choice to try. Maybe we’ll be good enough on the day. It’s called sport.
of course I want us to win but to think we will isn't sport..it's stupidity..no offence Kosi.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

of course I want us to win but to think we will isn't sport..it's stupidity..no offence Kosi.
Who predicted we would win?

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 11:54am Yeah nah the first quarter effort was really disappointing. We pride ourselves on being really strong at the contest. Getting beaten so comprehensively in that area is inconsistent with what we're about, inconsistent with our brand. Full credit to the Giants and their coaching staff. They were really thorough in their preparation and really executed strongly on a solid gameplan. I thought our second half fight back was pretty pleasing and positive. I thought we really built off our tackle pressure and ferocity at the contest. It gives us something to build toward for the Bulldogs.

One of the great posts. Got me laughing. Can just picture Richo drifting into that sort of nonsense with the same impassive expression on his face.

Nee!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:29pm
The Fireman wrote:

Who predicted we would win?
no one but did detect a maybe.

groupie1
Club Player

Yeah, nah, he was good, Jake. I thought he took a liiiitle bit to get going, but once he caught it a few times, I thought he was a real positive for us tonight, yeah.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
stkfc1
Club Player

Haha. Gold! Pleasing.
Freeman could walk on water and it still wont be enough.
Weller just has to show up to the game to guarantee his spot the following week. At least its becoming so painfully obvious that our coaching staff have no idea that its just making it easier to get rid of them at end of year.
We will turn around very quickly with a proper coaching staff. We have some very good players. We just dont have the synergy that the top teams do. We'll get there with a new up to date game plan.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 5:33pm

One of the great posts. Got me laughing. Can just picture Richo drifting into that sort of nonsense with the same impassive expression on his face.
+1. Post of the year so far.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Negative. Blues thumping the Suns now.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

With carltank looking the goods against GC, it will be pick 4 or 5 for us now.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

66 to 32 at end of third. God damn carlton. They couldnt even lose when they are meant too

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 12:19pm We’ll get flogged by 12 goals plus today, but no doubt there will be “several pleasing moments” when Richo fronts up for the post match media conference.
We actually should have been 4 or 5 goals in front at half time.