Sack the coach Tomorrow!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sack the coach Tomorrow!

saynta wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 11:31am
st.byron wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 1:34am DWOODROW wrote :
"No actually doesn’t tell him till this afternoon why he isn’t required. Dusty played very well but Dave had a good first qtr as well. Not saying dave is the answer just saying the coaches are not up front with the playing group. No reasons why not selected. No reasons why going with someone else. No communication at all really. As far as I am concerned s*** leadership from the top and s*** unity as a team in general . Everyone is just trying to save their own hides. Club are a shambles"

This!!!!! Exactly. What I've been banging on about on here for the last few months with various and not just one or two posters, debating whether or not the players are good enough or it's not Richo it's the assistants. FFS, Richardson is vacant space when it comes to leadership. Also as I previously posted, a very good friend of mine who worked with Richardson and the playing group for nearly two years says exactly the same thing as DWOODROW. With Richardson we are going nowhere. The man has no balls when it comes to having difficult conversations or standing in the heat. We've all seen him parroting cliches for months about deplorable losses creating an opportunity to 'come back strongly' and various other bland, deflecting, non-statements. It's not just his press demeanour, that's how he is.

IT"S NOT THE PLAYERS. THERE IS NO EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP. Richardson is at the apex of the triangle when it comes to onfield performance and leadership and there's no-one home. Vacant space. He is a farkin disaster and whilst he is there we are going absolutely farkin nowhere. Why do you think Tony74 is coming on here blaming the players??? Because that's what the coaches are saying....F*** all this faffing about with blaming the players or anyone else. There is no leadership and that is the root of the disaster this season has been.
Show me where tony74 has come on here blaming the players.
Did you forget to take your vitamins?

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1723427

The above is one of many examples of posts where t74 has directly laid the blame on players

How many times in the last month or so have you read posts about Richo wanting to bring in a Hodge/McVeigh type. There's debate about bringing BJ Goddard back which to me is not the solution. It's a smokescreen. We had a thread titled "Richo admits leadership void" plus another one which was something like "According to Richo, the Saints lack leadership." This is basically the party line from the head coach and all the club assistants this year and I include t74

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 11:30am
st.byron wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 9:11am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 8:38am
st.byron wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 1:42am
SaintPav wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 9:15am
DWOODROW wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:21pm
desertsaint wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:15pm hild on. when richo played armo half of us were whinging he was playing favourites.
now he drops him for youth he's playing favourites again?
give the fella a bit of slack, he's probably the best coach we've had for seven years!
Yep showing how good a coach he is by St Jilda being 16 on the ladder. Go saints :roll:
I understand your loyalty to your brother but how does Dave feel about you mouthing off on a public forum? I don’t think you’re doing him any favours.

He's not doing any harm. Thank christ someone who isn't a wanna be ITK posting imaginary whispers and platitudes about how we're not really a bottom six side is coming on here and laying bare the shambles that is being perpetrated on the back of our membership dollars by telling it like it is. Thanks DWOODROW.
There is a reason why hearsay is inadmissible evidence in a court of law.
This is the brother of an experienced player talking. Someone who has zero track record of big noting and gratuitous attention seeking. You can choose to doubt it if you wanna....
Wannabe ITK.

LOL.

That's rich.

I never said I doubted Armo; I said it wasn’t helpful to his cause.

Your views on Richo, which you have been posting ad nauseum all season, are now well known and while there might be some truth to what you write, it’s still hearsay. It’s also very one-sided and there are always different versions to the truth.
You’re mistaken mate. Not referring to yourself as a wannabe ITK. Yep my views are clear and will continue to post whilst blaming the players is still a breathing entity.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

"No actually doesn’t tell him till this afternoon why he isn’t required. Dusty played very well but Dave had a good first qtr as well. Not saying dave is the answer just saying the coaches are not up front with the playing group. No reasons why not selected. No reasons why going with someone else. No communication at all really. As far as I am concerned s*** leadership from the top and s*** unity as a team in general . Everyone is just trying to save their own hides. Club are a shambles"

This!!!!! Exactly. What I've been banging on about on here for the last few months with various and not just one or two posters, debating whether or not the players are good enough or it's not Richo it's the assistants. FFS, Richardson is vacant space when it comes to leadership. Also as I previously posted, a very good friend of mine who worked with Richardson and the playing group for nearly two years says exactly the same thing as DWOODROW. With Richardson we are going nowhere. The man has no balls when it comes to having difficult conversations or standing in the heat. We've all seen him parroting cliches for months about deplorable losses creating an opportunity to 'come back strongly' and various other bland, deflecting, non-statements. It's not just his press demeanour, that's how he is.

IT"S NOT THE PLAYERS. THERE IS NO EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP. Richardson is at the apex of the triangle when it comes to onfield performance and leadership and there's no-one home. Vacant space. He is a farkin disaster and whilst he is there we are going absolutely farkin nowhere. Why do you think Tony74 is coming on here blaming the players??? Because that's what the coaches are saying....F*** all this faffing about with blaming the players or anyone else. There is no leadership and that is the root of the disaster this season has been.
Here : “O.K. This will cause a barrage of criticism but it’s the fact. Nothing wrong with the coaches, nothing wrong with the game plan, nothing wrong with team selection. What is fundamentally wrong is the skill level and confidence. It’s deplorable. Absolutely deplorable. And they all know it.”

And here : “It’s not the game plan, it’s the quality of our players. To execute under extreme pressure. The team is just not up to it.
The honest truth is no coach or coaching panel could turn this team around this year, We’re just not good enough.“

Plus the posts Scollop referred to above where Richardson has publicly bemoaned the lack of leadership. As Scollop has said, it’s the party line and Tony74 is towing it. It’s a complete abdication of accountability.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Its true.
Richo is trying to save his own skin by shifting the blame on to the players.
Tony74 just mimics the party line from Richo.

Richo is simply not up to it. A bland suburban level coach.

jaxons
Club Player

Our structures, ball movement and game plan are at VAFA standard.
We have talent but honestly we play a style that is embarrassing.
True the kicking is poor, a lot has to do with who they give the ball to and in what position they are in.

groupie1
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 8:32pm Yeah more bewildering selections made. Are they looking to the future or navel-gazing, I can't figure it out. Meanwhile, Gilbert and Weller remain in the side, FFS.
Trade bait, mate

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
groupie1
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 1:40pm

The above is one of many examples of posts where t74 has directly laid the blame on players

How many times in the last month or so have you read posts about Richo wanting to bring in a Hodge/McVeigh type. There's debate about bringing BJ Goddard back which to me is not the solution. It's a smokescreen. We had a thread titled "Richo admits leadership void" plus another one which was something like "According to Richo, the Saints lack leadership." This is basically the party line from the head coach and all the club assistants this year and I include t74
Is tony74 an assistant coach at STK?

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:51pm Our structures, ball movement and game plan are at VAFA standard.
True the kicking is poor, a lot has to do with who they give the ball to and in what position they are in.

And who is responsible for that?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:12pm

I admire Tony74's passion for the club, but yes he has numerous occasions looked at the playing group with comments such as they are down on confidence or out of form.

From my exposure to an elite sport it is clearly the coaches responsibility to prepare the players, have them in the best form possible and instill confidence.

A player can be down for many reasons, but if you have multiple of your better players out of form and down on confidence at the same time there is fundamentally and issue with those preparing the squad.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I think he forgot his donepezil, not his vitamins :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
jaxons
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 9:53pm
jaxons wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 6:51pm Our structures, ball movement and game plan are at VAFA standard.

Lets just say that the title of this thread has merit.

elizabethr
Club Player

groupie1 wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 7:12pm

Development manager

nothing to say
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 11:56pm

The travesty is this board (and I fear) Lethlean are goingbthe easier path in blaming assistants to save their own ass, by all means sack and bring in some talented assistants but F*** Alan off too
I genuinely fear for our club

“Yeah….nah””
maverick
Saintsational Legend

The talent is there the game plan and coaching is not.
Ask yourselves where we would be if Clarkson was coaching us and where the Hawks would be if richo was coaching them.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: Sun 29 Jul 2018 8:45am The talent is there the game plan and coaching is not.
Ask yourselves where we would be if Clarkson was coaching us and where the Hawks would be if richo was coaching them.

So damn frustrating when we monster the opposition in every area but on the scoreboard - as we did for most of yesterday.

We’re not that far off it. Got to develop natural forwards who can put it on the board.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

We are years off it literally.
List and coaching is a shambles.
Absolute dogs breakfast.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

maverick wrote: Sun 29 Jul 2018 8:45am The talent is there the game plan and coaching is not.
You absolutely cannot be serious
This is one of the worst lists I have seen.
Enjoy fantasy land.

chico2001
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote: Sun 29 Jul 2018 10:44am
You absolutely cannot be serious
This is one of the worst lists I have seen.
Enjoy fantasy land.
Agree with seats to a fair degree, the list is not one that any current successful AFL coach would like to have. Clarkson would get them up a couple of places but not to a position in the 8. Hawks would nosedive if Richardson was in charge. Compare Hawthorns' field kicking to the saints for just one example.

saintkid
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 29 Jul 2018 2:26am
jaxons wrote: Sat 28 Jul 2018 11:56pm

The travesty is this board (and I fear) Lethlean are goingbthe easier path in blaming assistants to save their own ass, by all means sack and bring in some talented assistants but F*** Alan off too
I genuinely fear for our club
Richardson's post match commentary is an embarrassment to the club and even more to the supporters. The 'not taking chances' comment has been done to death. If he stays on. we will definitely hear this for years to come and ffs it is now impossible to hear and bear his time wasting dribble. So who is responsible Richardson? Why don't you look at yourself you clown of a coach? You have had several seasons AND pre-seasons to get their kicking right yet this year their scoring has gone even worse than last year, if that was ever possible! If it is the players fault purely (which I doubt), then your list management is completely substandard and you should be sacked. If it is your coaching and skills support team, which surely has to take a fair portion of the blame by now, then you and the other duds should have been sacked long ago!! You have had ample time (more than any other coach) to show what you can do and our club administration made the situation even worse by extending your contract without a performance based justification! Now our abysmal administrators don't have the balls due to debt issues to end this prolonged agony we the supporters see 'week in week out' by sending you marching. If the football department was properly run in the first place, they wouldn't have needed to bring in Simon Lethlean who, he himself, caused enough inner turmoil and dissent within AFL headquarters. In my honest opinion, his appointment is just another example that demonstrates how unprofessional and a laughing stock of the AFL competition our club has become!
Last edited by saintkid on Sun 29 Jul 2018 10:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Geary being played loose man racking up possessions & turning it over. Cameron would’ve just laughed.

60 inside 50s for 8 goals & 21 scoring shots. Has there been a more inefficient team?

Richo’s gameplan & match day coaching is a joke.

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

Richo 100% needs to go. Worst performed coach ever. Worse then Neeld.

Must get Carracella or Ratten. Easy fix.
Change coaches, Trade Billings and Acres whilst they have currency. 2 simple things. bit we wont cause we suk

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Myron Gaines wrote: Sun 29 Jul 2018 2:09pm Geary being played loose man racking up possessions & turning it over. Cameron would’ve just laughed.

60 inside 50s for 8 goals & 21 scoring shots. Has there been a more inefficient team?

Fairly hypocritical post. To win so many inside 50’s means there has to be some part of the game plan that’s pretty efficient. Big week at Moorabbin

Myron Gaines
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Sun 29 Jul 2018 2:26pm
Myron Gaines wrote: Sun 29 Jul 2018 2:09pm Geary being played loose man racking up possessions & turning it over. Cameron would’ve just laughed.

Fairly hypocritical post. To win so many inside 50’s means there has to be some part of the game plan that’s pretty efficient. Big week at Moorabbin
Or maybe it means we have the cattle to win the pill but lack the tactical coaching to move the ball with any fluidity & discipline.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

106 games
37 wins
0 finals

Sooner or later you get judged by w:l and the excuses dry up.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: Sun 29 Jul 2018 4:12pm 106 games
37 wins
0 finals

Sooner or later you get judged by w:l and the excuses dry up.
How the f#ck is he still there?
That really is the ONLY question.

Nee!