David King on Saints today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Peanut
Club Player

Re: David King on Saints today

cwrcyn wrote: Mon 30 Jul 2018 5:45pm Listened to him on SEN. Was as disappointed as us with our method into forward fifty and our poor conversion. He stated that the problem was method (which means coaching), and made reference to bombing the ball in. He made a strong case for us to chase Sam Mitchell and Blake Caracella, and made it clear he thought Richardson needed help (just as Buckley and Hardwick did before they had their assistant team revamped). He also stated our method was outdated and other clubs had moved on from our type of game plan years ago.
It wouldn't matter what game plan we have when we don't hit our targets, don't improve our marking contests and kick more points than goals. Our outdated game style might look a hell of a lot better if/when these issues were addressed first, however, it must be difficult for the kids without much experienced onfield leadership. Perhaps the coaching staff does need a revamp, but unless they can turn a bunch of kids into men overnight, we'll just have to get used to the slow burn I reckon.

Cordz2
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Mon 30 Jul 2018 8:54pm King has been very careful with his words about us all season. He doesn't want to openly pot coaches. He's of the same opinion in regards to Bolton at Carlton. I hated King as a player. He was super aggressive and pushed the boundaries of what was acceptable. However, i do respect his opinions on the game, and I think he's been pretty respectful of St Kilda given the absolute shite we've served up this year. He knows his stuff, and he knows our coaching panel is failing the players. He also knows we're lacking dynamic midfielders. Okay, nothing we don't already know ourselves, but he's prepared to say it without ripping us to shreds in the process.
+1

barneyboyz
Club Player

Cordz2 wrote: Tue 31 Jul 2018 10:53pm
cwrcyn wrote: Mon 30 Jul 2018 8:54pm King has been very careful with his words about us all season. He doesn't want to openly pot coaches. He's of the same opinion in regards to Bolton at Carlton. I hated King as a player. He was super aggressive and pushed the boundaries of what was acceptable. However, i do respect his opinions on the game, and I think he's been pretty respectful of St Kilda given the absolute shite we've served up this year. He knows his stuff, and he knows our coaching panel is failing the players. He also knows we're lacking dynamic midfielders. Okay, nothing we don't already know ourselves, but he's prepared to say it without ripping us to shreds in the process.
+1
Like Derm, if you listen to them talk without seeing them, then they make sense. I have listened to both this way much this season and agree with what you say.

For similar reasons I have stopped watching AFL 360 with Richo. Funny though, I think Robbo must be off the plonk cause he has made more sense this year than the last 3 put together.

Actually, the whole business really hasn't ripped in to us all that much this year??? they must just be too embarrassed to...well apart from Roos, early on when he thought there might be job in it. Having said that, he has been sounding like he's on the piss a bit lately, they can't even get sense out of him on OTC. Fool

But yeah Kingy, he is reasonable to listen to occasionally, without seeing him talk that is.

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
asiu
Saintsational Legend

back into sincity yesty
and theres quite the writeup about Syd giving some (3) of their elder warriors the flick in this mornings rag

i didnt take too much notice
... all i could think was
they (Syd) are setting themselves for us to take a couple

we do seem to trade with Syd from a 'good terms' perspective

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.