Words fail me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Words fail me

stonecold wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 8:43pm Name them, didn't see them!!!!!
Newnes goal in the first and Lonie’s in the second.

The fact you can’t remember / fail to acknowledge them I think just further illustrates Skeptic’s above post about your obvious bias towards Hickey.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 6:03pmNot here to have enjoyable discussion with
wannabes and cowboys that have never graced the field in their lives!!!!
Well everyone else is here to have enjoyable discussion and you don't seem very good with hints so…

YOU ARE RUINING THIS FORUM WITH YOUR RUBBISH, PLEASE STOP.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 5:23pm
thejiggingsaint wrote:Trying to describe my feelings in the wake of last night’s “game” (?) is beyond me at the moment. I’m numb. Just SO over it all
Words might fail you but your enter key is working just fine.

We’re all hurting but do we really need three threads from you all saying basically the same thing?
Would 4 improve your view?

“Yeah….nah””
The Recruit
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 5:43pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 12:29pm As Roger Waters once sang: “I have become.....comfortably numb” I honestly felt, in almost twenty years a member of the St Kilda footy club, that I’d never reach a stage where I felt like giving it away......... but in the wake of THAT display, feel as though I’m DONE.
20 years as a member and in that time we have made finals 7 years and won more games than we lost in 10 of those years and you've had enough??? Christ we have the softest bunch of supporters!!! Lucky you weren't around in the 70's and 80's
This acceptance of failure by our supporters is one very big reason we have won the most wooden spoons in VFL/AFL history.
Maddog what happened last night was absolutely unacceptable full stop. No matter what happened in the 80s.....

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 12:29pm As Roger Waters once sang: “I have become.....comfortably numb” I honestly felt, in almost twenty years a member of the St Kilda footy club, that I’d never reach a stage where I felt like giving it away......... but in the wake of THAT display, feel as though I’m DONE.
Come on Jiggling, don't be such a soft-c**k, in just 20 years as a member you've witnessed one of the most successful periods of the clubs history. One flag since 1873 makes us one of the least successful sporting clubs in world sport. I'm really not sure what you expected when you came to Australia 20 years ago and signed on as a St Kilda member.

It's not uncommon for a young team to drop away badly toward the end of the season, just look at Carlton & Gold Coast. A lot of supporters are quite negative with last night's game. It needs to be said that we were winning until we lost both Battle and Hickey. This destroyed our forward structure, and allowed the dogs to dominate the clearances.

Being 2 rotations down was always going to test our young team. Given the club just announced the bulk of assistant coaches have just been sacked, I imagine the players were somewhat dispirited.

Having said that, I think we can criticize the club for deliberately not selecting a back up ruck. And I think we can be critical of the leadership void, unfortunately Richo and Geary are at the low end of the competitions inspirational leaders.

I'll back up again next year.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Yes. Of the two of us, I am the one more likely to bring up Longer if we’re talking about Longer.

This is clearly my obsession and not the otherway round :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am a well known Hickey fan here on this forum and feel the need to bring Longer down to bring Hickey up.

Honestly SCSO, we all know who I’m describing... sorry if it stings you

stonecold
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:31pm Yes. Of the two of us, I am the one more likely to bring up Longer if we’re talking about Longer.

This is clearly my obsession and not the otherway round :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am a well known Hickey fan here on this forum and feel the need to bring Longer down to bring Hickey up.

Doesn't sting, not at all, nice try though!!!!!

Happy Days!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:34pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:31pm Yes. Of the two of us, I am the one more likely to bring up Longer if we’re talking about Longer.

Doesn't sting, not at all, nice try though!!!!!

Happy Days!!!!!
Great because that wasn’t my intent.

Now if you could please be a civil and respectful contributor on this forum by:
a) not frequently pushing your Longer agenda
b) not acting as though your opinion is more valuable then that of other people.

You’re obviously an intelligent and passionate saints fan. If you worked on those two things, people may actually start enjoying your posting on here rather than going through the same stupid arguments with you again and again.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

stonecold wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 8:00pm I've played the game, been involved at the level and still play, what about you?????
Maybe this terrifying thought points to some of the trouble we're having with on-field leadership.

stonecold
SS Life Member

freely wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 9:38am
stonecold wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 8:00pm I've played the game, been involved at the level and still play, what about you?????
Maybe this terrifying thought points to some of the trouble we're having with on-field leadership.
Haha, charming.....

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Lack of stoppage setup.
Lack of genuine player individual effort.
Lack of plan B after Hickey.
Lack of plan A with Hickey.
Far, far too many players unwilling or unable to go with direct opponents. Acres for example, on more than one occasion was looking for a cheapie out the back instead of trying to win a contest.
This was going on all over the place after the first eight minutes of the second quarter.

IN my opinion this loss is 95% on the players. They are a bunch of soft, lazy footballers.

And due to that, many will have some short careers.

The club is a rabble. Complete and total rabble. They have let their supporters down to a level that I dont think we have actually seen before. That is saying something.

I don't recall a game in the past 25 years that has left me so filthy.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 11:45am Lack of stoppage setup.
Far, far too many players unwilling or unable to go with direct opponents. Acres for example, on more than one occasion was looking for a cheapie out the back instead of trying to win a contest.
This was going on all over the place after the first eight minutes of the second quarter.

IN my opinion this loss is 95% on the players. They are a bunch of soft, lazy footballers.

The club is a rabble. Complete and total rabble. They have let their supporters down to a level that I dont think we have actually seen before. That is saying something.

In the immediate aftermath of such a shithouse performance by the team and coaches some of us get frustrated and post stuff on here that in a day or two when the blood cools we wish we hadn’t said..... no bigger culprit than ME at that particular stunt. I’ll be back in the fray again by the weekend...... however, I agree 10000000% with you in your assessment that game left me both filthy AND totally numb in equal measures.... if that’s possible.
Very hard to build any enthusiasm for this Friday’s game

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stonecold
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 12:36pm

In the immediate aftermath of such a shithouse performance by the team and coaches some of us get frustrated and post stuff on here that in a day or two when the blood cools we wish we hadn’t said..... no bigger culprit than ME at that particular stunt. I’ll be back in the fray again by the weekend...... however, I agree 10000000% with you in your assessment that game left me both filthy AND totally numb in equal measures.... if that’s possible.

Onya Jiggledik.....

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I reckon if you weren't filthy, livid, dispirited (insert whatever adjective you want) after that performance then your passion levels for this footy club would need to be questioned. They simply can't dish that crap up and expect that we'll all nod along and turn up each week. All of us have lives outside of this footy club and for most of us going to the footy is something to be looked fwd to with anticipation. We all know that winning each week isn't likely but we hope for a contest. That 3rd quarter Saturday night was like watching an AFL team play a VFL team. 8 goals to nil!! In fact after about 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter we were terrible and unwatchable.

Saint 58
Club Player

Moods wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 12:44pm

I reckon if you weren't filthy, livid, dispirited (insert whatever adjective you want) after that performance then your passion levels for this footy club would need to be questioned. They simply can't dish that crap up and expect that we'll all nod along and turn up each week. All of us have lives outside of this footy club and for most of us going to the footy is something to be looked fwd to with anticipation. We all know that winning each week isn't likely but we hope for a contest. That 3rd quarter Saturday night was like watching an AFL team play a VFL team. 8 goals to nil!! In fact after about 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter we were terrible and unwatchable.
+1

I couldn't sleep on Saturday night until about 3:00am
I got the 2004 Wizard Cup final out at about midnight and watched that
Mixed feelings of happiness & misery for our current state
My wife, kids, family, friends - none of them talk footy with me any more
This is worse than the mid-late 80's

Big changes needed on & off the field but please - show some fight & just give us a FXXXing contest please !!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

The Recruit wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 10:23pm
BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 5:43pm
20 years as a member and in that time we have made finals 7 years and won more games than we lost in 10 of those years and you've had enough??? Christ we have the softest bunch of supporters!!! Lucky you weren't around in the 70's and 80's
This acceptance of failure by our supporters is one very big reason we have won the most wooden spoons in VFL/AFL history.
Maddog what happened last night was absolutely unacceptable full stop. No matter what happened in the 80s.....
Really???? so loyal supporters who paid their memberships and donate money to the club year on year for over 40 years are the reason we have only won one flag???
what a load of crap, we are the reason that soft c**k supporters still have a team to whinge about!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

As has happened in the past with me, I’m now looking at my posts re Satdee night, and some of my utterances I wish I hadn’t made, such is the nature of giving in to anger frustration and disappointment. There’s NO chance that I’ll EVER give up supporting this club...but CHRIST almighty, they don’t make a decent case for themselves do they? Not with the s*** they served up to us last weekend!

Gershwin
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 6:25pm As has happened in the past with me, I’m now looking at my posts re Satdee night, and some of my utterances I wish I hadn’t made, such is the nature of giving in to anger frustration and disappointment. There’s NO chance that I’ll EVER give up supporting this club...but CHRIST almighty, they don’t make a decent case for themselves do they? Not with the s*** they served up to us last weekend!
I think I love you.

summertime and the living is easy ........
saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 6:25pm As has happened in the past with me, I’m now looking at my posts re Satdee night, and some of my utterances I wish I hadn’t made, such is the nature of giving in to anger frustration and disappointment. There’s NO chance that I’ll EVER give up supporting this club...but CHRIST almighty, they don’t make a decent case for themselves do they? Not with the s*** they served up to us last weekend!
No worries mate.

Angry words spoken in haste are often regretted at leisure.

Lesson for all of us there.

I an aware of your passion for the saints.

It is admired on this forum.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 6:41pm
No worries mate.

Angry words spoken in haste are often regretted at leisure.

Lesson for all of us there.

Someone (MUCH) wiser than the old Jiggster once said: “never put it in writing” well, yes, fair comment there, hard to argue with that sort of commonsense, but hey! When did following THIS club EVER equate with ( ahem ) “ commonsense “? :lol: I’ve made my utterances, been called out on ‘em, the bloods a wee bit cooler now, and it’s back to business for me, the business of turning up this Friday and hopefully being a wee bit more passionate, and mentally tougher than of late.

I an aware of your passion for the saints.

It is admired on this forum.

milney044
Club Player

Jiggster, i consider you one of the most passionate saints people i have come across, both on this forum and at the footy.
For you to give the reaction you did speaks volumes about where this club is heading. Not only am i frustrated, disappointed and angry, I'm also worried and fearful of what's to come for this club i love.

The players come across as mentally weak and disinterested. It sickens me that they appear to have no pashion or pride in the jumper.
Who are our leaders? Who is going to step up and do something about the state we are in?

Our club including players and coaches just don't seem to have the drive or commitment to making a change.
These guys are unworthy of the red, white and black. It's time they woke up and realised they are responsible for what happens next. They have an opportunity to make something of their careers and get this club back on its feet. Or stay the same and be a part of one of the most insipid , uninspiring and embarrassing teams this club has witnessed (yeah i wasn't here for the 80s, but there's plenty of 40+ year members saying the same thing).
I would have thought it was an easy choice, but I've been wrong before...

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 12:43pmHarks back to the dimmest days of the reigns of Scott Watters, Tim Watson
and even Ken Sheldon.
The teams Ken Sheldon coached never lowered their colours that badly!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 7:47pm
philtee wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 12:43pmHarks back to the dimmest days of the reigns of Scott Watters, Tim Watson
and even Ken Sheldon.
The teams Ken Sheldon coached never lowered their colours that badly!
Kenny Sheldon could have gotten us to a Grannie in 1991 only for a shocking finals system m that year and that thug Gary Ablett senior.

Very unlucky.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I prefer the older Pink Floyd stuff. 'Alan's psychedelic breakfast' or maybe 'Careful with that axe, Lethlean'

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 2:28pm
I prefer the older Pink Floyd stuff. 'Alan's psychedelic breakfast' or maybe 'Careful with that axe, Lethlean'
OR..... “ See Membrey play “ ?? :lol: :lol: