Commentary tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Commentary tonight

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:12pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:03pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 11:41am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 10:23am
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:34am With all that is going on with the club, just why on earth would I care about the Ch7 commentary? In the scheme of things it means jack schitt
If you didn’t care, why did you post geeza?
I DONT “care” about Ch7 commentary champ. Just posted to highlight how futile it is to be bothered about a bunch of TV “pundits” in the face of what’s happening onfield. But hey, if potting old Bruce, Lingy etc makes folk feel better about last night then go for your phucking lives! :roll:
You’re losing it. :shock:
Whatever :roll:
:roll:

Whatever right back at you.

Relax, geezar. Just relax.

:wink:

:D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

the commentary is impossibly bad, macavaney is worse than spluttering crap slop. at one point stringer missed a goal and all he could moan was JAKEY JAKEY JAKEY OH JAKEY HE'S SUCH A TEASE ISN'T HE!!!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Wrote for Luck wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 2:41pm the commentary is impossibly bad, macavaney is worse than spluttering crap slop. at one point stringer missed a goal and all he could moan was JAKEY JAKEY JAKEY OH JAKEY HE'S SUCH A TEASE ISN'T HE!!!
Truly pathetic wasn't he? FFS Macavaney, listen to yourself. Creep.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It's no secret, Channel 7's commentary team is the worst in the history sportcasting.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bruce Wankervaney. His commentating is intolerable and one sided

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 1:28pm I heard that flog Johnson cheering for the bombers to thrash us at one point.

Things are bad enough without hearing from these ass clowns.
What the hell is his problem.

Flog

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 3:41pm
dragit wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 1:28pm I heard that flog Johnson cheering for the bombers to thrash us at one point.

Flog
Yeah, I heard the ass clown too. He has never gotten over us beating them in excessive final series, I hear.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully the cheating scum get smashed next week to snuff out their finals hopes

That’ll shut the F*** stick channel 7 shite. No wonder i don’t watch many games and mute the ones I do.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 1:57pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:12pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 12:03pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 11:41am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 10:23am
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:34am With all that is going on with the club, just why on earth would I care about the Ch7 commentary? In the scheme of things it means jack schitt
If you didn’t care, why did you post geeza?
I DONT “care” about Ch7 commentary champ. Just posted to highlight how futile it is to be bothered about a bunch of TV “pundits” in the face of what’s happening onfield. But hey, if potting old Bruce, Lingy etc makes folk feel better about last night then go for your phucking lives! :roll:
You’re losing it. :shock:
Whatever :roll:
:roll:

Whatever right back at you.

Relax, geezar. Just relax.

:wink:

:D
Fair comment colleague! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wrote for Luck wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 2:41pm the commentary is impossibly bad, macavaney is worse than spluttering crap slop. at one point stringer missed a goal and all he could moan was JAKEY JAKEY JAKEY OH JAKEY HE'S SUCH A TEASE ISN'T HE!!!
Yeah he really is a tad creepy.....I know 7 try to make him out as the “Bruce we all know and love” but he’s the kind of geeza at a party you’d want to know where he is at all times... odd man love going on there..

I just feel 7’s entire coverage is just a bit “old dad jokey”, lame type of coverage....has no real bite (they tip toe around any real issue/controversy) , last night was case in point.....Saints were deplorable AGAIN .....there was a genuine conversation to be had about coaching and lack there of......did anyone really go near it? Nup - soft. It’s partly because this nice little Melbourne cottage industry of AFL is so incestuous that everyone knows everyone or someone has an uncle employed somewhere in the game......so much conflict it stifles genuine discussion and debate. Then you throw in the ex football buffoons like Carey and Taylor , Ling , RIchardson etc.....they give zero analysis, no real insight into how/why the game is unfolding or heaven forbid put forward an opinion on how a side might move /change up its structure. If you listen they repeat the same lines over and over again how many times did I hear ...
“Saints really have a problem in front of goals this season....”
Or
“Saints goal kicking has really been their achilles....”
I mean they’re correct, of course they are but to say the same shyte over and over for nearly 2 hours borders on loopy. Why not have a discussion about why this is occurring......perhaps coaching??? .....but there’s the problem....to do that you’d have to have an opinion about someone else in the industry that you probably know well....and that could be awkward when you bump into each other in the toilets at the Brownlow....

“Yeah….nah””
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Yep biased and p!ss-weak commentary. What, no comment on Pierce? No mention of free kick count 12-25. Let's focus on Esso injuries.... :shock:

McAvaney losing it & I can't stand Carey

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 4:50pm
Yeah he really is a tad creepy.....I know 7 try to make him out as the “Bruce we all know and love” but he’s the kind of geeza at a party you’d want to know where he is at all times... odd man love going on there..

I just feel 7’s entire coverage is just a bit “old dad jokey”, lame type of coverage....has no real bite (they tip toe around any real issue/controversy) , last night was case in point.....Saints were deplorable AGAIN .....there was a genuine conversation to be had about coaching and lack there of......did anyone really go near it? Nup - soft. It’s partly because this nice little Melbourne cottage industry of AFL is so incestuous that everyone knows everyone or someone has an uncle employed somewhere in the game......so much conflict it stifles genuine discussion and debate. Then you throw in the ex football buffoons like Carey and Taylor , Ling , RIchardson etc.....they give zero analysis, no real insight into how/why the game is unfolding or heaven forbid put forward an opinion on how a side might move /change up its structure. If you listen they repeat the same lines over and over again how many times did I hear ...
Or
I mean they’re correct, of course they are but to say the same shyte over and over for nearly 2 hours borders on loopy. Why not have a discussion about why this is occurring......perhaps coaching??? .....but there’s the problem....to do that you’d have to have an opinion about someone else in the industry that you probably know well....and that could be awkward when you bump into each other in the toilets at the Brownlow....
Don’t disagree with this but coverage is pretty much well dumbed down for the audience. They’re not interested in meaningful discussion of the clubs issues because it’s about entertainment and not keeping people informed of what’s really going on, which is corporate media in a nutshell. Most of the TV audience are non St Kilda, so don’t want to risk the audience losing interest and switching off because of advertising. Probably have to listen to a footy show on the radio to get a more informed view but even that is getting pretty bad.

Media behaviour you described is true and has been well documented as the manufacture of consent and the media propaganda model (Herman & Chomsky) and covers media filters like ownership, advertising, sourcing, flak etc etc. it’s mainly applied to politics and business but the principles are the same.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 2:47pm
Come on guys. Being a bit harsh on Macavaney. He's introduced some really original footy commentary.

Phrases like;

"he squeezes one out" and what about the use of the word "squirt" to describe a handball or a kick. BT likes it so much he's copied the little pervert. Classic aussie rules vernacular right there...if you're a creep and a deviate

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 6:57pm
saynta wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 2:47pm
Come on guys. Being a bit harsh on Macavaney. He's introduced some really original footy commentary.

Phrases like;

"he squeezes one out" and what about the use of the word "squirt" to describe a handball or a kick. BT likes it so much he's copied the little pervert. Classic aussie rules vernacular right there...if you're a creep and a deviate
“Squeezes one out” Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ! GOLD! I reckon HE was “ squeezed out “ :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 4:08pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 3:41pm

Flog
Yeah, I heard the ass clown too. He has never gotten over us beating them in excessive final series, I hear.
Didn't his mate Rohan Smith recently get the flick from the Saints?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 6:33pm

Or
Don’t disagree with this but coverage is pretty much well dumbed down for the audience. They’re not interested in meaningful discussion of the clubs issues because it’s about entertainment and not keeping people informed of what’s really going on, which is corporate media in a nutshell. Most of the TV audience are non St Kilda, so don’t want to risk the audience losing interest and switching off because of advertising. Probably have to listen to a footy show on the radio to get a more informed view but even that is getting pretty bad.

Media behaviour you described is true and has been well documented as the manufacture of consent and the media propaganda model (Herman & Chomsky) and covers media filters like ownership, advertising, sourcing, flak etc etc. it’s mainly applied to politics and business but the principles are the same.
Get the principles, theory and all but think you give Wayne Carey and co way to much credit for dumbing down content.... they’re just not smart. I’m also not convinced that, regardless of being too Saints centric (I’d argue they were certainly Bomber centric last night) that the media coverage couldn’t have a football related discussion about the game that gives us insight without the need to ad nauseum repeat the same blah d crap.
Anyhoo it won’t change and I guess that type of low brow stuff has been the reason I gave the footy show a miss years ago.....but plenty of numpties enjoy having their opinions handed to them I guess

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 7:34pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 6:33pm

Or

Get the principles, theory and all but think you give Wayne Carey and co way to much credit for dumbing down content.... they’re just not smart. I’m also not convinced that, regardless of being too Saints centric (I’d argue they were certainly Bomber centric last night) that the media coverage couldn’t have a football related discussion about the game that gives us insight without the need to ad nauseum repeat the same blah d crap.
Anyhoo it won’t change and I guess that type of low brow stuff has been the reason I gave the footy show a miss years ago.....but plenty of numpties enjoy having their opinions handed to them I guess
I agree; it's really sh*t but I’m not giving Carey any credit one way or the other. It’s all pretty much well scripted and formulatic anyway. From 7’s point of view, the coverage is simplistic for a reason.

Many shows on TV don’t even bother placing cyrons on the screen because many people don’t like reading.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Simplistic it may be, but I am not understanding the football we are playing at all... it's either a very complicated, Fibonacci based game plan Alan is running, well above my head or we are just the shittest coached outfit in 150 years of the game.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It's soul destroying that's for sure

The_President summed up how most of us feel when we know that this group has plenty of good players and so much potential to perform better as a team

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96034&start=25

Btw is it shittest or shittiest?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 6:04pm Yep biased and p!ss-weak commentary. What, no comment on Pierce? No mention of free kick count 12-25. Let's focus on Esso injuries.... :shock:

No comment on Pierce?

Probably like me they couldn’t tell him and Marshall apart for most of the night.

In the end I could as Lewis has an odd arm waving thing going on when he contests a ruck knock or is going for the ball.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 9:20pm
MCG-Unit wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 6:04pm Yep biased and p!ss-weak commentary. What, no comment on Pierce? No mention of free kick count 12-25. Let's focus on Esso injuries.... :shock:

No comment on Pierce?

Probably like me they couldn’t tell him and Marshall apart for most of the night.

In the end I could as Lewis has an odd arm waving thing going on when he contests a ruck knock or is going for the ball.
I’m with you on this, I struggled at times

groupie1
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 10 Aug 2018 9:37pm It’s all from the Essendon perspective.

Brown hit late but hang the guy out to dry or what

Two teams out there f*ckers
Totally agree and tweeted about it:

What? So @waynecarey27 of all people gets to crucify a footballer for a bump during a game when the player has no recourse to defend himself? What happened to innocence until proven guilty? @GerardWhateley - what do you think? #Disgraceful #sackthethug

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Some commentators have s*** for brains.

One of arse clown broadcasting the roos v doggies game said, after the roos kicked a goal, that the teams were going goal for goal.

Yeah, right. Theb doggies had just kicked the previous 5 goals.