Jax....u hearing this?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

groupie1
Club Player

Re: Jax....u hearing this?

Any1 reckon its Ratten in as assistant in 2019 to help lubricate Clarkson in for 2020 ? Geez, I like it, if that's the plan.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
axcellence
Club Player

Please no Chris Scott. Has done nothing in finals post 2011.

This year Geelong has been fighting for a top 8 spot when the team haa Dangerfield, Ablett, Selwood, Kelly, Menegola, Duncan, Hawkins, Taylor, et al.

Gershwin
Club Player

The players aren't good enough.
That is the main problem.

Billings disposal is below standard - been highlighted in several newspaper articles recently. Webster's kick to Rice didn't get to him on the full which caused the fumble. Gresham's set shots for goal are poor. Handballs around the ground are often too high, too low etc. Only Membrey and Marshall can take a decent mark overhead. No real speedsters in the club. The number of GOP's (Good Ordinary Players) is at an all time high. Some of the players have the potential to improve - Gresham, Long, Marshall.

Who to blame? Recruiters, Player Development. Recruiting of Hickey and Longer both seems to have failed. Trading of Goddard, McEvoy, Dal Santo, Stanley, Lynch has all bitten us on the bum.

Not sure Richo is to blame.

summertime and the living is easy ........
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Mon 13 Aug 2018 11:45am The players aren't good enough.

Billings disposal is below standard - been highlighted in several newspaper articles recently. Webster's kick to Rice didn't get to him on the full which caused the fumble. Gresham's set shots for goal are poor. Handballs around the ground are often too high, too low etc. Only Membrey and Marshall can take a decent mark overhead. No real speedsters in the club. The number of GOP's (Good Ordinary Players) is at an all time high. Some of the players have the potential to improve - Gresham, Long, Marshall.

Who to blame? Recruiters, Player Development. Recruiting of Hickey and Longer both seems to have failed. Trading of Goddard, McEvoy, Dal Santo, Stanley, Lynch has all bitten us on the bum.

I'm sure.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 7:29pm
howlinwolf wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 5:11pm If it's Chris Scott I'm done. lol
I don't care if its Count Dracula, as long as the guy can coach and build the right culture at the club. Both the Scott brothers are very good coaches, miles ahead of our spud, and would transform the club in a positive way.

Would much rather have a coach with some mongrel about him.... think about the top coaches of recent times:
Mathews, Sheedy, Malthouse, Clarkson. etc.... All of them were pricks on the field, they were feared/respected by their players when coaching, and often get shirty with the media to defend their players....

Something our lap dog could never do...
Fair comment re: the Scott’s “defending their players” but would have to “agree to disagree” regarding their coaching abilities.
Chris Scott walked into a club with a ready-made “premiership winning list” even Richo could have overseen that season (2011) without too many mishaps, that side almost coached itself.
Brad Scott has been at Norf for a tad under a decade and seems no nearer to a flag than his brother.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
asiu
Saintsational Legend

... its Ratten in as assistant in 2019 to help lubricate Clarkson in for 2020
that would be sharp thinking
'n a decent plan

if we have a plan , obviously.

and as a slight segway left

Lethers 'suprised' me
when he commented on
those involved with our second flag WILL
(which they will)
become Immortals (of the club)

i think we have a Contender on our hands
(with as much sway (seemingly) as a contender would need at this stage of his contendership)

feels like a good thing to me
so there could be some sharp moves made

hope so
Go Us

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Is it that that they’re a collection of GOPs or is it that they have zero confidence and belief? If so, why would that be?
Answer = leadership or lack thereof.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Isn't Clarkson out of contract this year??

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Mon 13 Aug 2018 11:52am

I'm sure.
I'm sure as well

Each one of the examples above are somewhat incorrect.

If you breakdown each of Billing's possessions you'll find he is above standard. His field kicking has been well above standard in the last month or so. He even kicked well for goal with a set shot from around 45-50m out.

That kick from Jimmy to Bailey should have been marked on the full. I watched the replay and it was squarely on the reciever who made the error. I defy anyone to watch it again and say otherwise. Bailey is young and has only played a handful of games. I believe he will improve but he made quite a few errors against Essendon. Young players feel the pressure of a Friday night match more than the experienced guys. Once again, if the group performs well as a whole most people will justifiably say it's good coaching. If the group plays poorly as a whole and consistently gets pantsed in 10 minute periods, there is no other reason other than getting outcoached.

Some blokes are played out of position and some moves are made at the wrong times and that ends up costing us. With regard to Gresham, he has been undisciplined because his selfish behaviour has not been punished.

It's ONLY coaching that is the difference between a group of players achieving their potential and giving the team a chance of playing finals and what we have seen in the last 12 months from our playing group. We have seen a guy like Membrey who was a very good kick for goal become a poor kick for goal. Guys playing on and trying round the corner kicks from 20 metres out dead in front. Don't you think that has anything to do with coaching?