Anybody worried our club might fold?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

axcellence
Club Player

Re: Anybody worried our club might fold?

not going to fold but will lose a generation of paying supporters if it continues like this.

at worst, it can relocate to Tassie if this kind of stupidity continues for another 10 years

happy feet
Club Player

Have a read of this story about how Richmond used some science to generate membership numbers

https://home.id.com.au/case-studies/ric ... ball-club/

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I was much more worried during the SOS days..then again if we keep getting dickheads to run the club then it's a possibility.

chico2001
Club Player

Most defintely a possibility with Tassie screaming its head off for an AFL team. Saints history is poor and upside is not the best, if the saints were a fish and chip shop they would have been closed down a long time ago.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 12:05pm Most defintely a possibility with Tassie screaming its head off for an AFL team. Saints history is poor and upside is not the best, if the saints were a fish and chip shop they would have been closed down a long time ago.
we could get Pauline for Pres in that case.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Yep. Put us all out of our misery. Absolute Basket Case.

Saintsational Legend

axcellence wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 10:07am not going to fold but will lose a generation of paying supporters if it continues like this.

at worst, it can relocate to Tassie if this kind of stupidity continues for another 10 years
I think the word 'stupidity' sums it up. We have plenty of supporters, and that was obvious the week we played Melbourne at the MCG. But there have been so, so many 'stupid' decisions in the past fifteen years that absolutely beggar belief.

Thommo's sacking
Giving up on Tasmania too easily and too quickly - an opportunity squandered.
The move from Moorabbin to Seaford - selling out our history and community for a few pokies machines *sheesh*
Not recruiting properly - too many of the same type of players brought in
Trying to be too cute at the drafting table - not selecting players who would have turned out to be the best option, opting instead to take a punt
Lyon's contract not being sewn up
Richo's contract extension which was unnecessary at the time.
An unwillingness to publicly back our players
Public Relations Disasters
The team seemed completely unprepared for our boutique games in NZ and the Good Friday Game - and the inability to address this through coaching - we've hardly lost to Carlton or Brisbane in fifteen years, for instance, but both sides beat us in these very financially important matches for the club - opportunities squandered.
Poor player skill development since Ross Lyon left.

And on, and on it goes.
Considering we failed to win a premiership in 1997, 2009 and 2010 (twice) the support the club has to have well in excess of 45,000 members is nothing short of amazing, I would've thought.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

No. It’s a football club. If any of my family were sick or in danger, then I’d worry. It’s a FOOTBALL CLUB. I’d be sad to see the club fold, but would get over it.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 10:46pm No. It’s a football club. If any of my family were sick or in danger, then I’d worry. It’s a FOOTBALL CLUB. I’d be sad to see the club fold, but would get over it.
Isn’t this kind of implied?

It’s like the ‘hate’ applied to Richo... 99% of supporters have likely not even met the man... they may have him as coach but I seriously doubt anyone genuinely hates him

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Fold? Lol.

Do people realise how many rich celebrities and business people follow the Saints?

12mil is reducable and if we were ever looking down the toilet like the old SOS campaign days then they would bail the club out I reckon. Plus the 100k plus Saints fans wouldn't allow it.

With all due respect and no offense, to say the Saints could fold is complete garbage. This is doom and gloom nonsense speak.

We had a crap 2018. Get over it. Time to focus on 2019 and things are looking better already.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 11:32pm Fold? Lol.

Do people realise how many rich celebrities and business people follow the Saints?

12mil is reducable and if we were ever looking down the toilet like the old SOS campaign days then they would bail the club out I reckon. Plus the 100k plus Saints fans wouldn't allow it.

With all due respect and no offense, to say the Saints could fold is complete garbage. This is doom and gloom nonsense speak.

We had a crap 2018. Get over it. Time to focus on 2019 and things are looking better already.
Let’s just calm the farm here Parkey...

Just a thought that was on my mind the other day.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 11:40pm
parkeysainter wrote: Sun 02 Sep 2018 11:32pm Fold? Lol.

Let’s just calm the farm here Parkey...

Just a thought that was on my mind the other day.
Fair enough, but I have read too much of it on here this year. The club will bounce back. It always has. We had a bad year and need to move on. We have had much, much, much worse periods. I like the moves and changes already and there are plenty more to come!

The Fox family is worth billions. Surely they would throw the Saints a few $ if were ridiculously struggling.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Lindsay couldn't give a rats arse.

We wont fold. Not really.

However we will be railroaded to Tasmania.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The AFL don't hate Tassy that much.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post