Sliding doors: Had we lost to Gold Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sliding doors: Had we lost to Gold Coast

That bloody game and bloody Gresh!

I’ve never been so disappointed with a win as that game.

All week the blowtorch was on Richo. Was all going to plan at three quarter time but GC did there usual nothing (literally), and we fell across the line like a Bradbury.

Who knows had we lost if Richo would’ve been kybered then and there??

The media would’ve destroyed us.

......if only.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Sliding doors: Had we lost to Gold Coast

Still glad we won. Well done to Richo and the boys that night.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
ss1986
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:19pm Still glad we won. Well done to Richo and the boys that night.
What exactly was ‘well done’ that night?

40 points down at 3/4 time against one of the most abysmal teams the league has ever seen. We only won bc they stopped.

I also wish they went on with it and did us by 10 goals. We’d have a decent coach lined up by now and players enthusiastic to join a proper rebuild.

ss1986
Club Player

What’s more, the way the whole club celebrated like it was some kind of epic feat was both nauseating and very telling all at one time.

twirlyhair
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:17pm That bloody game and bloody Gresh!

All week the blowtorch was on Richo. Was all going to plan at three quarter time but GC did there usual nothing (literally), and we fell across the line like a Bradbury.

......if only.
Hahhah...still banging on about wanting and expecting the Saints to lose. Great "supporter". Alan Jeans and every other great Saint would be turning in their graves.

ss1986
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 12:11am
saintspremiers wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:17pm That bloody game and bloody Gresh!

......if only.
Hahhah...still banging on about wanting and expecting the Saints to lose. Great "supporter". Alan Jeans and every other great Saint would be turning in their graves.
Indeed they would... I could really imagine Jeansy, Harves, Plugger, Lenny and Roo celebrating for a week after a 2 point win against the GC after being 7 goals down.

Was our marketing and social media team’s wet dream.

Real quality stuff.

Our “true” supporters are so delusional sometimes.... you’d rather that win, in that moment, which means sweet F.A. to anyone or anything... for the sake of a loss that would have forced change for the greater good. Bizarre.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

ss1986 wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 12:07am
parkeysainter wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:19pm Still glad we won. Well done to Richo and the boys that night.
What exactly was ‘well done’ that night?

40 points down at 3/4 time against one of the most abysmal teams the league has ever seen. We only won bc they stopped.

I also wish they went on with it and did us by 10 goals. We’d have a decent coach lined up by now and players enthusiastic to join a proper rebuild.
Sad.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I wish Barry Breen hadn’t kicked that point.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I reckon that game showed how much the players play for Richo and shows we've got a few gears when we need to find em.

Imagine the possibilities with an injury free list and some continuity in consecutive games.

elizabethr
Club Player

We were there.
It was a fantastic night !

nothing to say
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 7:46am I wish Barry Breen hadn’t kicked that point.
Profound

Are you saying if Barry doesn't kick the point you may not have been a Saints supporter and therefore saved yourself the heartache of our 5 GF losses and the years of misery (as well as some fantastic years of success - of course)

ss1986
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 1:37pm I reckon that game showed how much the players play for Richo and shows we've got a few gears when we need to find em.

Imagine the possibilities with an injury free list and some continuity in consecutive games.
You have GOT to be kidding.... they were 40.... FORTY...... points down against the Gold Coast AT THREE QTR TIME in a match that would've seen his head rol..

You REEEEEALLY think they thought 'oh sh*t, coach is gonna cop it, we better start playing footy now'.

And IF they did, then that is equally a disgrace.

Stop living in la la land. The coach is cooked.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

ss1986 wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 4:23pm
Cairnsman wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 1:37pm I reckon that game showed how much the players play for Richo and shows we've got a few gears when we need to find em.

You have GOT to be kidding.... they were 40.... FORTY...... points down against the Gold Coast AT THREE QTR TIME in a match that would've seen his head rol..

You REEEEEALLY think they thought 'oh sh*t, coach is gonna cop it, we better start playing footy now'.

Plus 1!!!

A come-from-behind victory after being 40 points down against the runners up for the spoon and that’s a reflection of how much the boys play for the coach?

Well, a season of four and a half wins, finishing third-last on the ladder. I guess that shows just how much the playing group responds to the coach.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Saintly66
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 5:59pm
ss1986 wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 4:23pm

Plus 1!!!

A come-from-behind victory after being 40 points down against the runners up for the spoon and that’s a reflection of how much the boys play for the coach?

Well, a season of four and a half wins, finishing third-last on the ladder. I guess that shows just how much the playing group responds to the coach.
See that’s what I like...someone who has some sense.
Where are the other people on the forum who s*** canned people with inside info saying we didn’t know anything?
Said a while back Roo didn’t like Richo and what do you know? He doesn’t.
The way that weak prick of a coach treated NOK in regards to his delisting is an absolute disgrace really shows how weak he is.
But hey I’m not jaxons (who I don’t have an issue with just his loyal puppy dog supporters) so I don’t expect a big parade when giving out info. Tsk tsk silly people

guitars4
Club Player

As much as I was very unhappy with the effort & the game plan but when we hit the front with a minute to go I couldn't watch. I took the mobile & went for a walk & when my wife text me to say we had won it euphoric . I know it was only Gold Coast but being a saints fan for 50 years any win is a good win. I'm sure I'm not the only supporter to take the walk of shame but when we win I am a better person to be around

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
kosifantutti wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 7:46am I wish Barry Breen hadn’t kicked that point.
Profound

Are you saying if Barry doesn't kick the point you may not have been a Saints supporter and therefore saved yourself the heartache of our 5 GF losses and the years of misery (as well as some fantastic years of success - of course)
I really wanted pick 11 in an uncompromised draft.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

well no one celbrates a loss, so no regrets, but yes, little doubt we would have been better off with a loss. but then the world would have been better off if the germans had won the first world war, and no one is too upset about it.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "