Shiel return to Vic

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Shiel return to Vic

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:05pm Whisper is Hawthorn is leading the race for Shiel, ahead of Carlton and Essendon.

Gaff considering Nth Melbourne only. If Gaff goes to North, maybe Polec might fall into our laps. We have offered him a big contract. Furthermore, if North get Gaff and Polec then surely we get Aaron Hall.

Plus Dalhouse to the Cats is pretty much a certainty.
Perhaps just post a BigFooty Summary update each day, as most of your "whispers" seem to be whatever the flavour of the day is over there. Nothing wrong with BF, but why not acknowledge the source? ie BF Poster, CH7 , SEN etc.

That way we can all judge the credibility for ourselves. ie Some BF posters are pretty good whereas others are to be ignored.

Putting it up as your own whisper when you clearly have no one actually whispering to you is pretty pointless.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We've needed midfielders who are elite users of the ball over the last 10 years - even one would be nice -- but our recruiters kept recruiting anything but this.
Does our club finally have a recruiting plan .. or will we keep recruiting willy nilly - by adding yet another C grade ruckman (Lycett,maybe), yet another half back flanker, or yet another midfielder with poor kicking skills, etc...?

We'll see if our recruiters have finally learnt something this year/next year - I'm not holding my breath.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:34pm My inside mail comes straight from the sauce, it's not confirmed but, apparently we are in the box seat to land a highly regarded whisper or two… I've also heard that it's actually looking very likely we land some more good operators, but then may also not happen…

You heard it here first - stay tuned!
What does this actually mean?!

#1 Ryder fan
bigred
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 11:17am
dragit wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:34pm My inside mail comes straight from the sauce, it's not confirmed but, apparently we are in the box seat to land a highly regarded whisper or two… I've also heard that it's actually looking very likely we land some more good operators, but then may also not happen…

It means very little.

Same old trade rumour shyte. No offence intended Dragit...

Why would anyone want to come to this shyt club?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

bigred wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 11:26am
MC Gusto wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 11:17am

It means very little.

Same old trade rumour shyte. No offence intended Dragit...

Why would anyone want to come to this shyt club?
Lol

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:38pm

Geez, how original. I love getting stalked and contradicted on here by people like youself and others.
You people are so original! Your content needs an urgent upgrade!
Nah mate. Not original. Just calling you on your game. Making it look like you have “whispers” or inside information when you’re just regurgitating stuff you read elsewhere.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 3:09pm

Geez, how original. I love getting stalked and contradicted on here by people like youself and others.
Nah mate. Not original. Just calling you on your game. Making it look like you have “whispers” or inside information when you’re just regurgitating stuff you read elsewhere.
I have said before I get some inside info mainly on Saints stuff.

Just because I post something doesn't mean I have heard a whisper or been told something. Seriously, get over the stalking. Post something original or start a new topic.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 3:21pm

Just because I post something doesn't mean I have heard a whisper or been told something. Seriously, get over the stalking. Post something original or start a new topic.
Stalking lol. Good tactic. Calling it stalking when people are collectively calling you on your BS.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 3:57pm
parkeysainter wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 3:21pm

Stalking lol. Good tactic. Calling it stalking when people are collectively calling you on your BS.
Yeah, whatever. You should apply for MI5.

Yawn.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

We are are laughing stock

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
takeaway
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:31pm We are are laughing stock
Not sure what you mean. Because we are chasing various players to try to improve the list? What are we supposed to do? Lose the money from the cap because we haven't used it? Agreed we won't get many of them but that is the game all clubs play.

Same as your quote in your posts - better out (having a go) than in (hiding in the shed).

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:49pm
Not sure what you mean. Because we are chasing various players to try to improve the list? What are we supposed to do? Lose the money from the cap because we haven't used it? Agreed we won't get many of them but that is the game all clubs play.

Same as your quote in your posts - better out (having a go) than in (hiding in the shed).
Agreed. Some posters are always whinging in this joint. Whinging we don't chase players and whinging when we do chase players.

Better off to have a crack at landing a player or players than just have a sook and whinge about it. Good on Lethers for being agressive.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 12:30am

Agreed. Some posters are always whinging in this joint. Whinging we don't chase players and whinging when we do chase players.

Better off to have a crack at landing a player or players than just have a sook and whinge about it. Good on Lethers for being agressive.
Good on Lether’s for being aggressive?

Bain’s was aggressive, Lether’s is boarding on desperate by chasing Hanners and Menzel.

Throwing long term contract offers at injury-prone players already past their prime is hardly a stroke of genius and any list manager worth a fifth of their salary could do it.

If Lethers can actually do what Bain’s couldn’t which is land a star like Shiel or Gaff at a time when we’re very on the nose, then he can claim some bragging rights.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

break the bank to get shiel. not that we will. it's one thing to show aggression in trading offers, and to show agressive recruitment of new coaching staff, but until we get a new highly rated coach who would want to come to us? they can see what has happenedto our players and how miserably we failed as a club under richo. we need him gone before we start trying to entice big name players.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 12:59am

Bain’s was aggressive, Lether’s is boarding on desperate by chasing Hanners and Menzel.

Throwing long term contract offers at injury-prone players already past their prime is hardly a stroke of genius and any list manager worth a fifth of their salary could do it.

If Lethers can actually do what Bain’s couldn’t which is land a star like Shiel or Gaff at a time when we’re very on the nose, then he can claim some bragging rights.
Yep. Good on Lethers for doing something and being aggressive. New assistants are in (more to come) which were great initial gets in Ratta and Ladey.
Plus hopefully some new players. Lets see what it looks like at the end of the trade and FA period before dismissing him. I'm personally liking what I'm seeing and hearing so far. Good on him and the club for having a crack already. Better off doing that than just moping around about 2018 for the next few months. Positive change can come from an aggressive mindset in the Saints case.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter

why is ladey (as you call him) such a good get

was part of the richmond coaching assistants that nearly got Hardwick the flick..........left 2016..............richmond then improve rapidly

Port assistant 2 years........port fall away badly 2018.............

at this point he is just a different assistant coach.

saint4life
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 1:18am
SydneySainter wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 12:59am

Yep. Good on Lethers for doing something and being aggressive. New assistants are in (more to come) which were great initial gets in Ratta and Ladey.
Plus hopefully some new players. Lets see what it looks like at the end of the trade and FA period before dismissing him. I'm personally liking what I'm seeing and hearing so far. Good on him and the club for having a crack already. Better off doing that than just moping around about 2018 for the next few months. Positive change can come from an aggressive mindset in the Saints case.
Like I said, aggressive and desperate are two separate matters entirely and chasing a crop half-decent but injury-prone players because at the right price and contract length might actually be gettable doesn’t by default make you an aggressive operator.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Christ you’re a simpleton.

What’s this week’s fantasy? Does it involve a cape?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It reeks of desperation.

We aren’t exactly a “destination” club, are we?

It doesn’t sound like we’re chasing the right type of players either.

saintbob
SS Life Member

We desperately need to land someone of his quality, so throw everything including the kitchen sink at him!!

Saint 58
Club Player

Shiel is the one to nail
Make him the face of the club over the next 6-12 months
Promise him the captaincy in 2020, after Geary is retired, (thank you for your service)
The other one is Gaff (free agent), not Polec who we would need to trade for
If anyone is pissed off with this - tell them to suck it up & work hard otherwise find another club, trade them out for picks
Use the picks in the draft for best available
Next year try to get Kelly, hopefully GWS win a flag or two, so it's easier to leave
Forget the broken down (Hannebery, Menzel, etc.)
Success/progress is not going to happen overnight or next year but let's show some Fxxxing balls & get it done !
Last edited by Saint 58 on Wed 05 Sep 2018 11:39am, edited 1 time in total.

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
takeaway
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018 8:46am

It reeks of desperation.

We aren’t exactly a “destination” club, are we?

It doesn’t sound like we’re chasing the right type of players either.
No we are not a destination club and it is hard enough anyway for the destination clubs to get A graders in. We do have the salary cap space and seem to be waving offers around to quite a few players. Now to you that reeks of desperation.
Fair enough. Not sure what else the club is meant to do. We are very active, going at A graders Shiel & Gaff (agree not much chance) and will go at any other A graders which suit and where there is even a remote chance of them leaving.
Other non A graders like Hannebury/Lycett/Polec are good players with a bit of risk, but would improve the list.

All clubs list hunt at this time of year. Maybe you can suggest some suitable players that are remotely available that we should be looking at in lieu of those mentioned?

wally
Club Player

We need to get better players into our club to do so we will have to pay overs to get the ball rolling.
North have been throwing big numbers at everyone to land someone.
Do we look desperate? Yes we do and we need to act.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

To get Sheil, GWS would need to believe he's leaving next year and be under salary cap pressure now.
It would take our first round pick plus our priority pick (if we get one) at bare minimum, probably need a little more incentive.

If that's the deal it would be a steal for us.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.