Dunstan to Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_President
Club Player

Re: Dunstan to Blues

CURLY wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 9:10am Poor trainer and apparently is pretty loose.
Bad influence on some, including Acres when it comes to the after hours activities

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

I just think Luke has many of the limitations that our other mids have (slow; inside-only; zero spread; poor kick; zero x-factor) and ... he has a body shape that just looks 'lumpy'. All in all - he's just a young player who - as a result of our diabolical football program (i.e. development, coaching, game plan etc) has been stymied in his growth as a player. The club as a whole is as much to blame - if not more - than Luke. Personally - I'd rather have Hanneberry on one leg for 3 years than Luke - especially if we can trade Luke now. He may get better at another club and good luck to him but I'm pretty sure he'll just become an older version of whatever he already is if he stays.

If we got a 2nd rounder for him now I'd be delighted.

Go you red, black & white warriors
minneapolis
Club Player

I think he has not become what we had hoped. And I think he has had enough chances to show that.
Now why is another question, but for now the best for the club is to get a pick lower than 30. While we can. For us, the Blues would be a very good trade for us. 21 would be amazing but we would take 29.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
chico2001
Club Player

I dont think his courage can be denied and he looked pretty cut at one stage this year so he has been in the gym which is a good work ethic to have. Dreaming if you think this club will win more games with Armo and Dunstan in the middle....get a grip

saintbob
SS Life Member

Now Hannebery looks to be definitely coming our way, I reckon we’ll try and unload Dunstan and Armitage.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

IMO, would be unfortunate to see him go...of all the inside mids on our books I'd be keeping the 23 year old who finished last half of 2017 pretty much our in our top 5 players. Remember the outrage that he wasn't in our starting 22 at the beginning of the season? Now, all of the sudden he's a plodder.

Anyways, there has to be some collateral damage if we're to get ourselves back in the draft, or trade for a big fish, and Carlton will have some decent picks to give if they want him...maybe too decent to get the deal done?

Drew21
Club Player

spert wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:37am The Saints midfield is a big problem, and until it is fixed, we wont be playing in finals. We cannot have Ross, Dunstan and Armo in the same team playing a midfield on-ball role..it's like three of the one player with some good attributes, but nothing special. If Hannas does come on board, then one of the three mentioned will not get a gig.
Should see if Gold Coast is interested in armo

Jimmy O'Dea
Club Player

Ball use by foot is poor and not up to AFL standard. Just having a crack doesn't cut it in today's game!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:10am
tony74 wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:04am Our professionalism at training this year was poor. Will be vastly different next year.
Why was our professionalism at training this year poor??

Coaches?? - Simple fix
Players?? - FFS a minimum of $200K and they cant perform professionally?

I know that if I turned up to work in track suit pants in a business environment day after day, I would be canned!

Answers need to be given!
I think that’s unfair on track suit pants
I’ve had some cracking meetings in them

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

First I've heard of this.
I rate Dunstan. He can play, but has massive limitations. Pace especially. He falls into the category of midfielder that we have just too many of.

Would definitely be one of the guys being shopped I would have thought.

So much weight being put onto the new coaches coming in. We live in hope.

I honestly cannot understand how training performance can or could be an issue. I just can't understand how it would be allowed to continue.

Speaks volumes about the level of respect the club holds within the group that controls it's performance.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Another possible scenario is that Dunstan could be traded to Adelaide... they have an excess of outside mids and need inside grunt, and Luke is a SA boy. Perhaps a trade for Seedsman who is yet to re-sign with crows?

derby Street
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 2:10pm Another possible scenario is that Dunstan could be traded to Adelaide... they have an excess of outside mids and need inside grunt, and Luke is a SA boy. Perhaps a trade for Seedsman who is yet to re-sign with crows?
Think he has

degruch
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 2:17pm
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 2:10pm Another possible scenario is that Dunstan could be traded to Adelaide... they have an excess of outside mids and need inside grunt, and Luke is a SA boy. Perhaps a trade for Seedsman who is yet to re-sign with crows?
Think he has
Definitely has.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 12:36am I rate him. Plays for the team not individual glory. All great teams have players like Luke. Typical Saints to look at his weaknesses rather than his strengths. I hope we keep him because he has been used incorrectly and undervalued IMHO. If we trade him then it better be with Ratten’s blessing! He is the player type that you build clearance structures around.
absolutely. however part of me thinks he deserves to play for a team that will value him and use him accordingly.
mind you i think that of a few of our players. dunstan however stands out - at the right club he will be a very important player.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 2:07pm
tony74 wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:04am Our professionalism at training this year was poor. Will be vastly different next year.

Coaches?? - Simple fix

I know that if I turned up to work in track suit pants in a business environment day after day, I would be canned!

I was not commenting on your work environment - just mine.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
guitars4
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:04am
CURLY wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 9:10am Poor trainer and apparently is pretty loose.
That’s just wrong. He may have limitations but being a poor trainer is certainly not one of them. On the same topic that is one of the things you’ll see a huge improvement in. Our professionalism at training this year was poor. Will be vastly different next year.
That is really disappointing to think our players are unprofessional during training , well no wonder their on field performance was so sub standard :roll:

older saint
SS Life Member

if true would think he is worth a second rounder however Carlton's is way too early so would either be Carlton 3rd rounder ( approx pick 40 ) or they would need to trade for an later second rounder.

Can find the footy but does butcher it. I dont think is suited by how he is used - like several players this year trying to make them in to something they are not

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

guitars4 wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 5:19pm
That’s just wrong. He may have limitations but being a poor trainer is certainly not one of them. On the same topic that is one of the things you’ll see a huge improvement in. Our professionalism at training this year was poor. Will be vastly different next year.
That is really disappointing to think our players are unprofessional during training , well no wonder their on field performance was so sub standard :roll:
No they weren’t unprofessional during training, the training was unprofessional compared to the successful teams. Lack of strong discipline and leadership etc. That’s why Hannebery will be important. You can’t underestimate the void left by Roo, Joey and Shinner. They drove our training last year

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

No they weren’t unprofessional during training, the training was unprofessional compared to the successful teams. Lack of strong discipline and leadership etc. That’s why Hannebery will be important. You can’t underestimate the void left by Roo, Joey and Shinner. They drove our training last year

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 9:02pm You can’t underestimate the void left by Roo, Joey and Shinner. They drove our training last year
well it seems too many did and overestimated the resilience and leadership of the list left

shocking oversight or undersight - in hindsight

and no one saw it coming????

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 3:32pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 2:07pm

Coaches?? - Simple fix

I was not commenting on your work environment - just mine.
Yes I know I was focusing on track suit pants for all occasions

“Yeah….nah””
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 11:18pm I was focusing on "Track suit pants for all occasions"
Sounds like a slogan I would Vote for!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 11:14pm
tony74 wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 9:02pm You can’t underestimate the void left by Roo, Joey and Shinner. They drove our training last year
well it seems too many did and overestimated the resilience and leadership of the list left

Well, I certainly did, and I'm just a mug punter. I knew years ago that when Roo, Joey and a couple of others from the noughties retired that we would go 1 step backwards. Frankly, I was a bit surprised when comments from the club stated that they were surprised when the leadership void led to sub-par on-field performances.
The whole approach appears amateurish from the outside looking in, and unless the support staff are cut loose I can only see more of the same next season.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Club Player

HardSaint wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 11:14pm

so no one had the foresight to see it coming??? well I never

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

tony74 wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018 9:02pm
Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other.
You're wrong- yes, they were unprofessional during training.
This sounds like more Richo corporate spin-
like a politician being interviewed and twisting words.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee