Monster deal for Dylan Shiel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chico2001
Club Player

Re: Monster deal for Dylan Shiel

looking at it another way, Jack Steven would be on $600 for the next 2 years thats a rough guess. Hannebery comes and gets a reported $800k for 3-5 years. Shiel arrives and gets $1.3mill a year for 5 years. That means he is getting $700k a year more than J.Steven. Jack Steele who is on the up would be on $440 a year. Seb Ross- who knows what he is on but guess $500k a year and from most reports Shiel's kicking is a bit up and under and certainly not an accurate kick for goal as one poster pointed out. So where does that leave these guys. If I was Jack Steven I know what I would be doing right now.

You do the maths

stonecold
SS Life Member

chico2001 wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 6:55pm looking at it another way, Jack Steven would be on $600 for the next 2 years thats a rough guess. Hannebery comes and gets a reported $800k for 3-5 years. Shiel arrives and gets $1.3mill a year for 5 years. That means he is getting $700k a year more than J.Steven. Jack Steele who is on the up would be on $440 a year. Seb Ross- who knows what he is on but guess $500k a year and from most reports Shiel's kicking is a bit up and under and certainly not an accurate kick for goal as one poster pointed out. So where does that leave these guys. If I was Jack Steven I know what I would be doing right now.

You do the maths
Well for starters, we won't be paying all Dan's wage, Sydney will be paying some, as for Jack's wage, you think that is correct do you ($600k)?????

As much as I like Stuv, Shiel's is a better player, one of not many last night that had time and composer!!!!!

So, you do the Math's!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 5:56pm
Devilhead wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 5:51pm Shiel is a good player but not worth our first rounder

Averaged 25 possessions 3 marks 3 tackles and kicked 6.14 this year

Also averaged 1 goal assist and 1.5 one %

Sure good player but mid to late first round at very best

Tom Mitchell went for pick 14 and a swap of later picks
That's $1.3 mill a year staring you right in the face....what a joke.
Ah yes but we have 105% salary cap to fill up next year or we lose that 5% extra bonus - can someone confirm?

Probably best to fill it and front load a few contracts which will give us space further down the line but I am more worried about paying overs in terms of draft picks

We needed a few big name free agents to come our way but that's not happening due to our poor year - they would only cost us cap space and not picks

If we made finals this year then Gaff could have been a possibility but now we are scrambling for contracted players to fill the cap space hoping that maybe at the end of next year if we have a good season we can lure a few FAs or top shelf uncontracted players our way

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
chico2001
Club Player

With Jack Steven I said it was a guess, so if you know then enlighten us. Then tell us how much Sydney is paying..." some " could mean anything. Shiel may be a better player but $700k better, I dont think so. You might need to read my post in its entirety and then do the maths again if you are capable because you obviously didnt do it the first time.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 7:16pm
chico2001 wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 6:55pm looking at it another way, Jack Steven would be on $600 for the next 2 years thats a rough guess. Hannebery comes and gets a reported $800k for 3-5 years. Shiel arrives and gets $1.3mill a year for 5 years. That means he is getting $700k a year more than J.Steven. Jack Steele who is on the up would be on $440 a year. Seb Ross- who knows what he is on but guess $500k a year and from most reports Shiel's kicking is a bit up and under and certainly not an accurate kick for goal as one poster pointed out. So where does that leave these guys. If I was Jack Steven I know what I would be doing right now.

You do the maths
Well for starters, we won't be paying all Dan's wage, Sydney will be paying some, as for Jack's wage, you think that is correct do you ($600k)?????

As much as I like Stuv, Shiel's is a better player, one of not many last night that had time and composer!!!!!

Well the maths says Shiel went at 50% DE yesterday - with all that time and composure you think he would have found more targets

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

You're going to confuse him with logic, reasoning and common sense. He wants to just focus on maths for now

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 7:41pm You're going to confuse him with logic, reasoning and common sense. He wants to just focus on maths for now
You want to have a go Cowboy?????

<warning for bullying>

stonecold
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 7:27pm

You do the maths

Well the maths says Shiel went at 50% DE yesterday - with all that time and composure you think he would have found more targets

No worries Warrior!!!!!

Onya Sonya!!!!!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 8:28pm
Devilhead wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 7:27pm

You do the maths

No worries Warrior!!!!!

Onya Sonya!!!!!
Just stating the facts Helen ..... just settin you straight and statin facts!!

BenLong#21
Club Player

Whitfield is also better than Shiel

chico2001
Club Player

Certainly based on that effort the other night, he was a star

asiu
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 8:26pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 7:41pm You're going to confuse him with logic, reasoning and common sense. He wants to just focus on maths for now
WTF

where are the exclamation marks agro !!!!!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
stonecold
SS Life Member

asiu wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 12:32am
stonecold wrote: Sun 16 Sep 2018 8:26pm
WTF

where are the exclamation marks agro !!!!!
Didn't use any, in case some took offence, guess what, still got a warning, go figure!!!!!

Maybe it was the 'C' word I used?????

Cowboy, haha!!!!!

Guess what, I'm old school, I swear, I tell it how it is and I f****** well will continue to do so!!!!!

Some on hear squat for The National Anthem, I'll continue to Stand!!!!!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I’ve got a feeling he’ll go to Syd

They are def up to something - clearing the decks and making space in their cap

Just a hunch, no rumour or inside word to go by

#1 Ryder fan
saint-stu
Club Player

I'm not at all convinced that Shiel is better the Stuv. I rarely see Shiel play, but he was pretty ordinary in that final. You will very rarely see Stuv play such a poor game.

Stuv's averages were better than Shiel's last year also.

1ac46a38
Train9

Hello everyone,

First time poster, long time reader of this forum.

With Dylan Shiel, I have some information.
We have put a godfather offer to him which is nearly too good to refuse. But if he does entertain the idea, he wants questions answered in regards to which way the club is going etc.

5 weeks ago Sydney were on the box seat which has only just come to media attention as he does love living in Sydney.

I’m not a “ITK” or anything like that, but with this the source is pretty spot on 👍

Be a few interesting weeks coming up!

Go Saints

DJ Higgins
Club Player

saint-stu wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 2:41pm I'm not at all convinced that Shiel is better the Stuv. I rarely see Shiel play, but he was pretty ordinary in that final. You will very rarely see Stuv play such a poor game.

Stuv's averages were better than Shiel's last year also.
True but imagine two players of similar skills playing together. All of a sudden Stuv isn't the only outside option in the middle and get less attention and will start having even better games

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Hopefully his poor/average disposal is because he's adventurous with his kicking and kicks the ball long.
Our recruiters are probably thinking (regarding his average disposal)..... "No worries. Shiel be right, mate. Close enough is near enough." :wink: :wink:

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Shiel has a wonderful CV/footy profile. I don't want to get my hopes up but I am. I think he would be a significantly better buy than Gaff. Shiel and Steele and Dan (Steely Dan) in the middle - be still my heart. Paddy and Membrey would think its Christmas - some class to do the "Dirty Work".

The Real Numpty
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 9:54amGuess what, I'm old school, I swear, I tell it how it is and I f****** well will continue to do so!!!!!

Some on hear squat for The National Anthem, I'll continue to Stand!!!!!
Mr Austin you are a true patriot, the truest of patriots, just like my very great friends Park Avenue Sainter and Mr Huggins. And nobody knows truest patriots like I do, believe me! Only black marxist Mexican taliban towelheads like To The Tulips and Sunflower Saint refuse to stand for the national anthem. And that's a disgrace! I always stand! I love 'Waltzing Matilda'. (And see loves my long and splendid fingers, and other parts, believe me. :wink: ) #makingstandingpatriotsandMatildagreatagain

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Train9 wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 3:15pm Hello everyone,

We have put a godfather offer to him which is nearly too good to refuse. But if he does entertain the idea, he wants questions answered in regards to which way the club is going etc.

5 weeks ago Sydney were on the box seat which has only just come to media attention as he does love living in Sydney.

I’m not a “ITK” or anything like that, but with this the source is pretty spot on 👍

Go Saints
Welcome Train 9
Interesting first post. Any idea what the proposed exchange might be if he was to accept the Godfather deal?

Nee!
BenLong#21
Club Player

fugazi wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:00pm

Go Saints
Welcome Train 9
Interesting first post. Any idea what the proposed exchange might be if he was to accept the Godfather deal?

My guess
Giants would want pick 4. But they could give us 23 back.
That would value DS at pick 13 which I think is fair value.

Train9

fugazi wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 11:00pm

Go Saints
Welcome Train 9
I’m not sure what a trade looks like or anything like that. But I do know someone very close to the family and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. 🤷‍♂️

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

#1 Ryder fan
BenLong#21
Club Player

GWS, Hawks, Essendon or Blues.

We arent even in the game.