Did I hear correct - god help us

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Real Numpty
Club Player

Re: Did I hear correct - god help us

takeaway wrote: Sun 23 Sep 2018 10:51amThe club has decided to bring in credentialed assistants, especially Ratten, and I am happy to support Richo & crew for next year. But a poor year will see him gone.

Anyway, as posted earlier, I have him going at 50%.

2014 - was appointed late and inherited the Watters rabble/rebuild. 4 wins, couldn't expect too much - neutral
2015 - 6.5 wins, should have been 8 or 9 - fail
2016 - 12 wins, unlucky not to make finals - pass
2017 - 11 wins, tougher draw, Roo fading, still near finals - pass
2018 - 4.5 wins, toughest draw in comp, vital injuries, Roo, Joey gone, but should have won say 8 or more - fail.

There you are! 2 passes, 2 fails - 50%!

Hopefully that will increase to 60% next year, with improved development and recruiting vital as well. Let's go!
Mr Takeaway, you are a true patriot, and a great visionary, and you know about fake news! A the truest of true patriot visionary fake news knowers! And no one knows these things like I do. Believe me! And I wouldn't be surprised if you were a war hero too? And you would never have let yourself be captured, either. Just like me.

Mr Takeaway, my PR people need more people with your kind of worldview, and 'understanding', believe me. The kind of people who 'just know' that the national GDP has gone up threefold, maybe even fourfold, under my presidency. (Which is the greatest ever.) So, very shortly I will have my very great friend Sarah Suckabee Handers contact you. Very shortly. Btw, Mr Takeway, do you also do chinese??? #makingchinesetakeawaygreatagain

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 23 Sep 2018 4:07pm
Scollop wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 9:47pm Cairnsman:

Richo publicly stated that the players skills were sub par and NOT of AFL standard. I provided the links. There are multiple quotes from Richo blaming losses on the players skills and his embarrassing belittling of our current leadership group and the players HE and his coaches had selected to lead the club on field.

I am starting to think that I am talking to someone who used to be an apologist for the club and was constantly attacking the man rather than debating the issues. Why do you ignore the obvious? Are you letting plugger66 use your login?

If he has not taken over your login then I think you have morphed into him
So let's start with the definition of blame: it's claiming it is the fault of something or someone, and so you are claiming Richo has said we lost games because it was the players fault, you are claiming he made this direct accusation if you like. So what you are claiming is a head coach has said it is the players fault we lost a game in a press conference? Has this ever happened ever in any professional sport around the world, can't think of one of the top of my head, it would have been pretty big news if it happened, but this is what you are claiming Richo did. To be clear you are saying Richo is a grub of a person because he threw his players under bus to save his skin in a blatant and deliberate way. That's the assertion.

Now let's break down your incredibly false claim and so called evidence a little further and look at the two media citations you provided, one from the AFL website and one from the SEN website

Firstly in the AFL article, it is title 'Richardson bemoans 'sub-par' skills again'. (Import's ant to note the use of the word bemoans is editorial licence, not Richo's word).

Asked post-match whether it's a difference in class, a frustrated St Kilda coach said: "I can imagine you could say that after watching tonight. And that's probably been a bit of a pattern for us, we've had to work pretty hard.

"Some of our errors coming out of defence, you wouldn't expect at this level. But we're sub-par in that area, there's no doubt about that.

"Some of our entries at times … you wouldn't want to be a forward in front of the ball."

So no blame in this quote by definition, again just a reminder of the definition of blame and in the context you are perpetuating which is claiming it was the players fault we lost a game, which is a terrible and unfair smear on someones character if falsely accused. So what was Richo doing, just answering a LEADING question and giving an honest account of what happened in the game. These types of comments are given every week by losing coaches. If you want an example go and listen to the Alistair Clarkson presser after the loss to Melbourne in the final last week, Clarko laments and bemoans a lack of depth and polish on the list. In your mind did Clarko blame the players for the loss to Melbourne with these comments?

I could go on with examples of how badly you have interpreted this AFL article to derive and or validate your dislike for Richo which is understandable as it is clearly filtered through your negative and obvious mindset against Richo, happens all the time, mindsets are human traits. BUT what is unmistakable is Richo did not say it was the players fault we lost the game, he did not throw the players under the bus to save his skin like you are weakly suggesting.

So moving onto the SEN article you also cite as evidence that Richo said it was players fault we lost a game. This one actually made me chuckle a little, just because of how embarrassing it is for you. Straight up there is not one quote from Richo in this opinion piece by Wallace, do you know the difference between opinion and fact Scollop? do you know the importance of quotes? Not one quote, in actual fact the whole article was about Wallace and his opinion of comments made by Simon Lethlean. Like I say just embarrassing for you. Not one shred of evidence in this SEN article to back your claims that Richo blamed players, accused them of fault, for a loss. NADA!.

I reckon you know the point I am making here and and to any objective and fair minded observer it would be clear of what you are asserting regarding
Richo's character when you falsely claim be "blamed" players for a loss. It's a grubby false smear and attack on someones character that can't defend himself. It makes you look like a weak bully.

And St Byron, I like the way you are clinging onto the back of other ill informed posts that somehow validate your false beliefs, but I note you too are deflecting and unable to provide evidence to back up your false claims, most likely because you haven't got time to do Google searches LOL)

Own it, take accountability.
Jesus mate you’ve got a bee in your bonnet. I clearly formed an impression over a number of weeks later in the season that the players were being blamed and the coach and management were demonstrating the very opposite of leadership in deflecting accountability to the players. Am yet to see anything to change my mind about it or even a scintilla of accountability from senior management, so that’s my opinion. Yours is different. Okay. Up to you.

Nope, I couldn’t be arsed trolling through pressers and articles looking for quotes. I don’t need to, coz my impression is clear. You apparently want me to and reckon that at the very least I have a weak character, should be embarrassed and am a liar coz I won’t.

I could just as easily say you’re an empty headed sheep, a head office patsy incapable of thinking for himself. A weak, duplicitous liar and a spineless, manipulative, sanctimonious pedant coz you wont bring forth evidence of your claim that Richo is, quote, “a great leader”, whilst you righteously demand others back up their claims.

But I don’t actually think any of that, coz all this is is discussion and differing opinions about footy on an anonymous Internet forum. And we all support the Saints and want ‘em to win.

##lighten up much

And......if you really think Richardson gives a toss or is affected by what we’re writing on here, then he ain’t the great leader you seem to think he is.
Last edited by st.byron on Sun 23 Sep 2018 5:34pm, edited 4 times in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cmon cairnsman, basically every week richo bemoans our inability to hit a target or inaccuracy in front of goals... that is blaming the players straight up.

"My game plan is fine, our development is fine... it's the players fault for not executing."

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman:

You are an artist and I admire that. Some would just plain call you out as a bs artist but I think you actually believe what you are writing. It's all about the interpretation with art and also with your interpretation of Richo blaming players indirectly or not....isn't it?

A bit like when we were back in high school and there was no wrong or right answers when it came to English class. That's why I preferred Maths and Physics. 37 wins 2 draws and 71 losses gives you a certain percentage win loss ratio and there is no debate about the pure numbers. There is a very good reason that coaches in the VFL/AFL do not last more than 5 years with such a dismal winning ratio but I suppose there are no surprises that it is St Kilda who like to challenge plain common sense and the laws of mathematics. Takeaway somehow wants to change the laws of mathematics and claim that 33% is really 50%!! Good try.

Some people think a minor revival will mean that Richo will be kept on. I reckon there's absolutely no chance that St Kilda will improve with Richo as head coach. He will walk or be sacked before the bye next year

takeaway
Club Player

The Real Numpty wrote: Sun 23 Sep 2018 4:53pm
takeaway wrote: Sun 23 Sep 2018 10:51amThe club has decided to bring in credentialed assistants, especially Ratten, and I am happy to support Richo & crew for next year. But a poor year will see him gone.

Anyway, as posted earlier, I have him going at 50%.

2014 - was appointed late and inherited the Watters rabble/rebuild. 4 wins, couldn't expect too much - neutral
2015 - 6.5 wins, should have been 8 or 9 - fail
2016 - 12 wins, unlucky not to make finals - pass
2017 - 11 wins, tougher draw, Roo fading, still near finals - pass
2018 - 4.5 wins, toughest draw in comp, vital injuries, Roo, Joey gone, but should have won say 8 or more - fail.

There you are! 2 passes, 2 fails - 50%!

Hopefully that will increase to 60% next year, with improved development and recruiting vital as well. Let's go!
Mr Takeaway, you are a true patriot, and a great visionary, and you know about fake news! A the truest of true patriot visionary fake news knowers! And no one knows these things like I do. Believe me! And I wouldn't be surprised if you were a war hero too? And you would never have let yourself be captured, either. Just like me.

Mr Takeaway, my PR people need more people with your kind of worldview, and 'understanding', believe me. The kind of people who 'just know' that the national GDP has gone up threefold, maybe even fourfold, under my presidency. (Which is the greatest ever.) So, very shortly I will have my very great friend Sarah Suckabee Handers contact you. Very shortly. Btw, Mr Takeway, do you also do chinese??? #makingchinesetakeawaygreatagain
Thank you Mr Numpty - look forward the the call. But that's not all! Winning season next year takes Richo to 60%, finish 7th, get on a roll, win the thing! Bonus 10%! Plus bonus 5% for all the "pleasings", "positives" and "strongs" that that would entail! 75% - that's great coach material.

At least that has more credence than the turkeys on here who are now desperately searching (in vain of course) for evidence that Richo blames the players, other than normal comments all coaches make re ball use, goal kicking, intensity, etc.

Sorry, I don't do Chinese, only takeaways from the Centre.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Richo publicly stated that the players skills were sub par and NOT of AFL standard. I provided the links. There are multiple quotes from Richo blaming losses on the players skills and his embarrassing belittling of our current leadership group and the players HE and his coaches had selected to lead the club on field.

I am starting to think that I am talking to someone who used to be an apologist for the club and was constantly attacking the man rather than debating the issues. Why do you ignore the obvious? Are you letting plugger66 use your login?

So let's start with the definition of blame: it's claiming it is the fault of something or someone, and so you are claiming Richo has said we lost games because it was the players fault, you are claiming he made this direct accusation if you like. So what you are claiming is a head coach has said it is the players fault we lost a game in a press conference? Has this ever happened ever in any professional sport around the world, can't think of one of the top of my head, it would have been pretty big news if it happened, but this is what you are claiming Richo did. To be clear you are saying Richo is a grub of a person because he threw his players under bus to save his skin in a blatant and deliberate way. That's the assertion.

Now let's break down your incredibly false claim and so called evidence a little further and look at the two media citations you provided, one from the AFL website and one from the SEN website

Firstly in the AFL article, it is title 'Richardson bemoans 'sub-par' skills again'. (Import's ant to note the use of the word bemoans is editorial licence, not Richo's word).

Asked post-match whether it's a difference in class, a frustrated St Kilda coach said: "I can imagine you could say that after watching tonight. And that's probably been a bit of a pattern for us, we've had to work pretty hard.

"Some of our errors coming out of defence, you wouldn't expect at this level. But we're sub-par in that area, there's no doubt about that.

"Some of our entries at times … you wouldn't want to be a forward in front of the ball."

So no blame in this quote by definition, again just a reminder of the definition of blame and in the context you are perpetuating which is claiming it was the players fault we lost a game, which is a terrible and unfair smear on someones character if falsely accused. So what was Richo doing, just answering a LEADING question and giving an honest account of what happened in the game. These types of comments are given every week by losing coaches. If you want an example go and listen to the Alistair Clarkson presser after the loss to Melbourne in the final last week, Clarko laments and bemoans a lack of depth and polish on the list. In your mind did Clarko blame the players for the loss to Melbourne with these comments?

I could go on with examples of how badly you have interpreted this AFL article to derive and or validate your dislike for Richo which is understandable as it is clearly filtered through your negative and obvious mindset against Richo, happens all the time, mindsets are human traits. BUT what is unmistakable is Richo did not say it was the players fault we lost the game, he did not throw the players under the bus to save his skin like you are weakly suggesting.

So moving onto the SEN article you also cite as evidence that Richo said it was players fault we lost a game. This one actually made me chuckle a little, just because of how embarrassing it is for you. Straight up there is not one quote from Richo in this opinion piece by Wallace, do you know the difference between opinion and fact Scollop? do you know the importance of quotes? Not one quote, in actual fact the whole article was about Wallace and his opinion of comments made by Simon Lethlean. Like I say just embarrassing for you. Not one shred of evidence in this SEN article to back your claims that Richo blamed players, accused them of fault, for a loss. NADA!.

I reckon you know the point I am making here and and to any objective and fair minded observer it would be clear of what you are asserting regarding
Richo's character when you falsely claim be "blamed" players for a loss. It's a grubby false smear and attack on someones character that can't defend himself. It makes you look like a weak bully.

And St Byron, I like the way you are clinging onto the back of other ill informed posts that somehow validate your false beliefs, but I note you too are deflecting and unable to provide evidence to back up your false claims, most likely because you haven't got time to do Google searches LOL)

Look haven’t read all that saints propaganda but still yet to see you provide any proof/evidence that after 5 years AR is a great coach.

Do that and everyone shuts ups
Own it, you know you want to.

“Yeah….nah””
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 23 Sep 2018 9:00pm

Look haven’t read all that saints propaganda but still yet to see you provide any proof/evidence that after 5 years AR is a great coach.

This thread is not about debating if AR is a good coach. It's about adding 1+1 and getting 3.14159.

Just got to the point of frustration with absolute lies, mis information and false claims being made, or "impressions" as St Byron likes to call it.

I can see the areas Richo could be doing better and I can agree with other supporters fair minded and objective critiques of Richo, positive and negative, but I felt a need to highlight the myth and lies generated around this false claim that Richo blamed the players for losing games. It never happened and was an "impression" that snowballed and quickly attracted popular belief amongst sheeple.

Anyway my work is done. Myth busted.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

“My work”......okay. ## takes self seriously much
Do you actually you have any evidence of Richardson being a “great leader”.....or was that just an “impression” you gained?
Being so wound up about being absolutely truthful, busting myths and providing evidence, I’m sure you’re keen to clear that up.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 24 Sep 2018 9:47am
Teflon wrote: Sun 23 Sep 2018 9:00pm

Double post...sorry

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman:

The perception or impression ( or reality when you look at his win loss ratio ) is that Richo can't coach. All your artistry and words don't mean jackshite.

Richo can give us words and positive spin and tell us what a ripper this player or that player will turn out but unless we see a bag full of 5-6 goals, the perception of said player after 4 years is that he is ordinary and he may be struggling in 2019 to retain his spot in our best 22. Whether you think Richo is a ripper or whether Richo thinks that Paddy is a ripper, the perception based on real results is very different.

When the club admin and Richo himself were all put under the blowtorch this year the perception from most people is that they blamed the list. St Byron has mentioned this a few times in this thread and you have NOT responded...and that is when people representing our club admin starting blaming the list, the head coach DID not come out and say that HE had a different opinion.

The club and it's management as a whole - including the head coach - blamed the lack of leaders or their poor leadership on field and they blamed the players lack of skills for the losses. That is the popular thought and you will not change people's thinking.
Last edited by Scollop on Mon 24 Sep 2018 12:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 24 Sep 2018 11:21am Cairnsman:

The perception or impression ( or reality when you look at his win loss ratio ) is that Richo can't coach. All your artistry and words don't mean jackshite.

Richo can give us words and positive spin and tell us what a ripper this player or that player will turn out but unless we see a bag full of 5-6 goals, the perception of said player after 4 years is that he is ordinary and struggling to retain his spot in our best 22. Whether you think Richo is a ripper or whether Richo thinks that Paddy is a ripper, the perception based on real results is very different.

When the club admin and Richo himself were all put under the blowtorch this year the perception from most people is that they blamed the list. One thing that has not been mentioned is that when people representing our club admin starting blaming the list, the head coach DID not come out and say that HE had a different opinion.

The club and it's management as a whole - including the head coach - blamed the lack of leaders or their poor leadership on field and they blamed the players lack of skills for the losses. That is the popular thought and you will not change people's thinking.
Exactly Scollop. Nailed it with this post. Blamed lack of skills and leadership in the playing group, with zero acknowledgement of their responsibility and accountability. When Lethlean came out and directly blamed the players, the silence from the head coach was deafening. Any organisation that has its leaders blaming its employees for poor performance is in trouble.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Mon 24 Sep 2018 11:43am

Richo can give us words and positive spin and tell us what a ripper this player or that player will turn out but unless we see a bag full of 5-6 goals, the perception of said player after 4 years is that he is ordinary and struggling to retain his spot in our best 22. Whether you think Richo is a ripper or whether Richo thinks that Paddy is a ripper, the perception based on real results is very different.

When the club admin and Richo himself were all put under the blowtorch this year the perception from most people is that they blamed the list. One thing that has not been mentioned is that when people representing our club admin starting blaming the list, the head coach DID not come out and say that HE had a different opinion.

Exactly Scollop. Nailed it with this post. Blamed lack of skills and leadership in the playing group, with zero acknowledgement of their responsibility and accountability. When Lethlean came out and directly blamed the players, the silence from the head coach was deafening. Any organisation that has its leaders blaming its employees for poor performance is in trouble.
Scollop and SB win today's Sheeple award for thier artist impression. I'm still chuckling...impression...

Signing off with #freethinkers

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 24 Sep 2018 1:18pm

Scollop and SB win today's Sheeple award for thier artist impression. I'm still chuckling...impression...

So that would be no evidence then? Silence...........

Why not, in the absence of acceptable evidence to support your claims, apply your own assumptions about people’s character to yourself. Since you’re so concerned about justice and fairness, that would seem appropriate.

Evidence of “great leadership”...........nup.....silence.....

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I don't think I could ever consider not making the finals as a passing grade.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Mon 24 Sep 2018 1:45pm

Why not, in the absence of acceptable evidence to support your claims, apply your own assumptions about people’s character to yourself. Since you’re so concerned about justice and fairness, that would seem appropriate.

Hey SB I'm actually in your part of world atm, Cabarita Beach, my impression of the place is it is an amazingly beautiful place. I should drop down to Byron Bay for a beer and see what the impression is like.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 24 Sep 2018 2:39pm

Hey SB I'm actually in your part of world atm, Cabarita Beach, my impression of the place is it is an amazingly beautiful place. I should drop down to Byron Bay for a beer and see what the impression is like.
That’s a nice offer dude. I live closer to Brunswick Heads than Byron. Be happy to meet you for a coffee....am not a drinker at all. Could come up the coast a bit if that works. Am pretty committed at the mo. How long you around for?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

give us a yell

up the road a tad

i'll come as well
... put a dial to these ugly monikers :)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Tue 25 Sep 2018 3:09pm give us a yell

up the road a tad

i'll come as well
... put a dial to these ugly monikers :)
Where you be boy?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i be sitting on top of the hill
on the front deck
nearly able to touch the Story Bridge
with the City as a backdrop

thats where i be

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Iluka is better than Byron anyways

:P

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Tue 25 Sep 2018 2:13pm
Cairnsman wrote: Mon 24 Sep 2018 2:39pm

That’s a nice offer dude. I live closer to Brunswick Heads than Byron. Be happy to meet you for a coffee....am not a drinker at all. Could come up the coast a bit if that works. Am pretty committed at the mo. How long you around for?
I'm actually based out of Carrara for the next 6 months hence the weekend visits to your part of the world.

The front deck at Iluka sounds nice. Might have to get that up on the radar one weekend and see what impression is like

asiu
Saintsational Legend

u misunderstood

i'm in Brissy
New Farm , on the river
where the bridge does its thing

Iluka is 100ks further south than Byron
... fab spot

National Park , mouth of the Clarence River
and the ocean

('n hardly any people)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Tue 25 Sep 2018 8:41pm u misunderstood

i'm in Brissy
New Farm , on the river
where the bridge does its thing

Iluka is 100ks further south than Byron
... fab spot

National Park , mouth of the Clarence River
and the ocean

('n hardly any people)

Ahhh...asi.

Yeah still going to Iluka and on the way down I can drop in and catch up with my mate SB to debate aritst impressions. 😎

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

And hardly any people sounds good. I've found they can be the best parts of this country to visit

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

You’re most welcome if you’re coming this way. Plenty of places in Bruns or Mullum for coffee. Or Pottsville or Kingscliff.
I tend to stay away from Byron these days unless I have to go there..Iluka is quieter, but a bit of a trip from here...lots of impressions to take in around here....

I will also be in Brissy on Sunday 7 October and could meet after 3 ..