Richo and Monty last night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Richo and Monty last night

skeptic wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 2:53am
True Believer wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:33am
skeptic wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 4:14pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 3:57pm
True Believer wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 12:10pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 11:10am I don’t want to be insensitive, but didn’t Trevor Barkers mum pass away not so long ago? Pardon me, if I’m incorrect. No offence intended.
She got better...…...
As I said, I was sure that I'd heard of her passing away not long after Jack died. My apologies for any offence caused.
I do believe TB saw an opportunity for a Monty Python joke which I’m sure was good natured despite the the subject material
No offense intended (and was actually an old joke from a MASH episode).....
Really... MASH is kind of my show. Seen nearly every episode a dozen times but this joke escapes me. Don’t suppose you have more details?
There is an episode where a soldier from Luxembourg is wounded, he is recorded as deceased. His commanding officer comes to retrieve his body, but when his national anthem is played at a memorial ceremony he walks in to the room saluting. Hawkeye says to Trapper "I thought you said he died?" and Trapper responds "He got better". It's the same episode as where some mad Turkish soldier is wounded but just wants to go back and kill more Chinese.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 11:36am
thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 11:10am I don’t want to be insensitive, but didn’t Trevor Barkers mum pass away not so long ago? Pardon me, if I’m incorrect. No offence intended.
She got better...…...
As I said, I was sure that I'd heard of her passing away not long after Jack died. My apologies for any offence caused.
I do believe TB saw an opportunity for a Monty Python joke which I’m sure was good natured despite the the subject material
Really... MASH is kind of my show. Seen nearly every episode a dozen times but this joke escapes me. Don’t suppose you have more details?
There is an episode where a soldier from Luxembourg is wounded, he is recorded as deceased. His commanding officer comes to retrieve his body, but when his national anthem is played at a memorial ceremony he walks in to the room saluting. Hawkeye says to Trapper "I thought you said he died?" and Trapper responds "He got better". It's the same episode as where some mad Turkish soldier is wounded but just wants to go back and kill more Chinese.......
Geeeez well done. Very detailed description. I believe the episode you’re referring to is ‘A full rich day’. You’re a big MASH fan then I take it?
I was obsessed with it in my teens through to my early-mid 20s.
Dr. Sidney Freedman is the reason I got into psychiatry

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

skeptic wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:24pm
She got better...…...
Geeeez well done. Very detailed description. I believe the episode you’re referring to is ‘A full rich day’. You’re a big MASH fan then I take it?
Loved the show, have seen probably all epsidoes more than 10 times. Still get teary eyed in goodbye, Farewell and Amen when Hawkeye describes the Korean mother smothering her own baby on the bus, or the episode when Radar tells the staff of Henry's death in the OR. ALthough you are well ahead of me, couldn't tell you the names of the episodes, and I have a bunch of them on a DVD set!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 9:11am
saintbrat wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 6:09pm...
It was Jack's Mum who presented on Wednesday...
Trevor's Mum?
correct.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
KingSaint
Club Player

True Believer wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 3:12pm
She got better...…...
Loved the show, have seen probably all epsidoes more than 10 times. Still get teary eyed in goodbye, Farewell and Amen when Hawkeye describes the Korean mother smothering her own baby on the bus, or the episode when Radar tells the staff of Henry's death in the OR. ALthough you are well ahead of me, couldn't tell you the names of the episodes, and I have a bunch of them on a DVD set!!
I didn't mind the series...but IMO the movie was much better.

minneapolis
Club Player

She got better...…...
When the world is cold, remember this:

“Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.” Sidney Freedman.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.