We are a laughing stock

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jaxons
Club Player

Re: We are a laughing stock

I know who was in our pitch and how and what we presented.
I also know what Carlton did in depth and Hawthorn.
We cannot attract quality to our club at the moment because we can't sell anything that people want.
I'm sorry to be negative, I would love to be positive if there was something to be positive about.
If you want to find positives in Dan Hannebery he was ranked the 355th player in the comp this year.
Maybe he can get back to his best but it is a lot of money to gamble with.
Shiel won't be coming to us.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 2:31pm Apologist? Mediocre? Yep. Righto...

Better off to be positive and see those in charge trying to change the course of the ship than sook, whinge and ramble on a St Kilda members forum every day. Good luck.
It's about being a realist. The club is being run into the ground.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 6:19pm I know who was in our pitch and how and what we presented.
We cannot attract quality to our club at the moment because we can't sell anything that people want.
I'm sorry to be negative, I would love to be positive if there was something to be positive about.
If you want to find positives in Dan Hannebery he was ranked the 355th player in the comp this year.

:(

Appreciate the update regardless. Hoping we can turn it around but this year is a disasters for the very reason it impacts next year significantly in FA and trades.

saint-stu
Club Player

jaxons wrote:I know who was in our pitch and how and what we presented.
It's OK to post negative stuff if its the truth. Can you summarise our pitch here? What do you think the club should do to turn it around?

1ac46a38
Myron Gaines
Club Player

jaxons wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 6:19pm I know who was in our pitch and how and what we presented.
Sorry but how do you know he won’t be coming to us? Has his management said he won’t or is that just your opinion based on not rating our pitch to him?

stonecold
SS Life Member

saint-stu wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 6:45pm
jaxons wrote:I know who was in our pitch and how and what we presented.
It's OK to post negative stuff if its the truth. Can you summarise our pitch here? What do you think the club should do to turn it around?
Yes indeed, this!!!!!

This will answer some doubts from others if the answers are correct!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 2:31pm Apologist? Mediocre? Yep. Righto...

Better off to be positive and see those in charge trying to change the course of the ship than sook, whinge and ramble on a St Kilda members forum every day. Good luck.
Great to be positive when the work is actually being done at root level. But whilst the root cause of the problem is not being addressed, being all ‘positive’ is just delusion. Having a reality bypass to create the illusion of wellbeing. Continue to ignore the evidence and call those who don’t negative nellies or whatever other moniker you want to label em with, but when you look at the evidence of who wants to come to our club, who we’re being linked with as potential recruits and a coach with a 33% win rate after five years, we are in deep shyte and we’ve just had a “thorough” review of the football department that didn’t include mister 33%. Go figure.

Jaxons would be the most reliable ITK poster on here and has been for some years......but what would he know...let’s stay positive and happy that the club is making an effort... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

HarryM
Club Player

jaxons wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 10:59am Most embarrassing football club at the moment.
Offering Shiel millions more than any other club and no chance of him coming.
No leadership and no one to sell our club properly.
If you knew the difference of our pitch versus the other clubs you would demand the immediate removal of all key figures at our club.
Yes throw the hand granade and watch the reaction..

Name names, write what our pitch was compared to other Clubs you later mention, (Hawthorn and Carlton)

and tell us why you believe nobody of much substance will be coming to our Club.

Let's not play around with half assumptions., let's hear some actual facts along with names.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 1:01pm .

Trade period hasn't even started yet anyway.
How naive are you?

Trade period effectively never stops.

Saints and many other clubs even met together not long back.

By now most clubs will already have a very good idea of what players they can attract, and in particular any of the really good ones. Some of the lesser fish deals are dependant on other factors.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

outside66 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 4:27pm
That's not what I heard from an ITK. Richo's position was amongst the most thoroughly reviewed.
If this is true then those responsible for reviewing Richardson's tenure as coach and not immediately sacking him are totally incompetent and should have their positions reviewed immediately as they are obviously incapable of conducting a thorough review to begin with!

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Trolling

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 12:45pm I for one am hoping that they are going to suprise us with some new announcement - eg Harvey and a succession plan (if Richo d=has to stay for another year)

really you think they would announce a succession plan? you have got to be kidding me right?

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

If Shiel is laughing all the way away from, say, $2 mill. in the bank then these top AFL guys are seriously overpaid and possibly badly advised. Do we also have to brown bag the managers? I find it hard to accept Shiel and his manager think we are a laughing stock in the trade stakes right now esp. on the basis of hearsay. Maybe in a few weeks if nothing comes our way. Don't we have a good recent record against GWS? Does Shiel have some crystal ball that tells him how his playing future is going to pan out in the medium term such that $2mill. can be sneezed at. If we are offering significantly higher $$$s than other clubs Shiel would not be laughing he would be respectful. He might be asking his manager to quantify being the beneficiary of Clarkson's genius coaching, but that's not convertible to legal tender.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 4:27pm
st.byron wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 4:23pm
outside66 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 2:29pm
st.byron wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 2:11pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 1:01pm Disagree. The club is having a go. What else can you ask for? Riewoldt has met Shiel to try entice him over.

Ratten and Lade in.
O'shaughnessy from Hawks.
Hannerbrey and Kent in.
Possibly more.
If we don't get Shiel or Wingard then we go to the draft and get a very good kid like Coff and Hunter last year.

Trade period hasn't even started yet anyway.
Delusional. What else you can ask for is to actually do a full review that includes the head coach. What else you can ask for is some actual accountability from senior management and senior coach. All we’ve seen so far is piss and wind and shuffling the deck chairs about whilst the drunken useless captain remains at the helm. “Look...we’ve moved the deck chairs...that should make you feel better. Now hand over your membership dollars again. We know you will coz you’re a bunch of St.Kilda tragic who just can’t say no”.
Seriously Ted /Parkeysainter, you’re an apologist for the less than mediocre garbage we’re being served up.
I believe that it is exactly what Lethlean has done (full review that included Richo) and we are left with the outcome. Totally agree with Ted***2018 here. Wait until trade period is done and dusted (or perhaps even started) before pissing and moaning!
No mate. Review was of all positions except head coach. Richardson excluded from review. Farce. Accountability. = zero
That's not what I heard from an ITK. Richo's position was amongst the most thoroughly reviewed.
Well who ever your ITK is, what they say doesn’t match what Lethlean said, and he’s the one who organised the review.
I recall him saying specifically that all aspects of the football department were under review except for the position of the head coach.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Just noticed OP's post has been posted in a screenshot on a Saints FB group. People are wondering who the hell Jaxons is and if he is (or ever really was) legit.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

How much accurate mail has Jaxons posted after the Pelchen era ended?

resaintlee
Club Player

I reckon stuff it
Go with the three that we apparently are linked to, trade out a few, eg Sinclair, for good round two picks and run through some of these high end trades next season when the opportunities arise
We must be getting close with some much better coaching coming up and make sure our better trained and skilled players don’t want to leave (when we work out who we like)

axcellence
Club Player

I like the fact Saints are at least trying.

North was supposedly laughed for trying for Kelly, Martin, etc.

Now, they are going to get Polec, Hall, and a couple of other mid rangers.

Saints are getting...

No harm in having a go.

I agree though that Saints have left their runs too late and half hearted at times, but, hey.. something's better than nothing of the last few years.

And yeah... Richo needs to go.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 7:51pm How much accurate mail has Jaxons posted after the Pelchen era ended?
He has been pretty hit and miss. More miss than hit, mind you.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saint-stu
Club Player

resaintlee wrote:I reckon stuff it
Go with the three that we apparently are linked to, trade out a few, eg Sinclair, for good round two picks and run through some of these high end trades next season when the opportunities arise
We must be getting close with some much better coaching coming up and make sure our better trained and skilled players don’t want to leave (when we work out who we like)
I would assume that is the fallback option. It sounds like a few of our players have been talking to other clubs so you would think we will end up with some picks. If we don't land a big player, it feels like the early part of rebuild is continuing for many years more. If this is the case, then why didn't we let Steven go? If it takes 5 more years, we may as well have cashed in those older players.

1ac46a38
saint-stu
Club Player

axcellence wrote:I like the fact Saints are at least trying.

North was supposedly laughed for trying for Kelly, Martin, etc.

Now, they are going to get Polec, Hall, and a couple of other mid rangers.

Saints are getting...

No harm in having a go.

I agree though that Saints have left their runs too late and half hearted at times, but, hey.. something's better than nothing of the last few years.

And yeah... Richo needs to go.
I thought the saints were trying for pretty much the same players that North were after? Fyfe, Kelly, Martin and Gaff.

1ac46a38
Saintly66
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 8:31pm
whiskers3614 wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 7:51pm How much accurate mail has Jaxons posted after the Pelchen era ended?
He has been pretty hit and miss. More miss than hit, mind you.
Don’t be silly, the <edited by mods> lickers won’t like that :)

loris
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 1:03pm Simon Leathlean cheats on his wife and with his corporate career in a mess he loses his gig at the AFL and five minutes later he winds up as head of football operations at St.Kilda to resurrect his corporate career.
When in the history of the universe has he ever been a list manager of an AFL club previously?
The recruitment of an injury plagued Hannebury on ridiculous money will be an unmitigated disaster and interesting to note Leathlean is good buddies with Hannebury's father.
Offering Dylan Shiel ludicrous amounts of money to come to St.Kilda smacks of desperation.
The shocking extension by another AFL appointee Mat Finnis of Alan Richardson's contract is incompetence on steroids. and now these three, Richardson (moonlighting on media street ) Leathlean and Finnis are all looking after their own careers and not the best interests of the St.Kilda Football Club imho.
The delisting of Freeman after one and a half games is a total disgrace after he started to play some decent football for Sandringham after three years of investment.
Listening to Richardson talk his monotone drivel for five minutes is nauseating at best, let alone five years which the playing group have had to tolerate. Alan Richardson could not inspire an ant farm with a sugar cube!
The worst coaching record in AFL history with a 33% win to loss ratio after five years!
The sooner St.Kilda sack Richardson, Finnis and Leathlean and get Nick Riewoldt on the board the better.
St.Kilda Football Club is not only a laughing stock it's a basket case.

Allo! Allo! Allo! Guess who's back? :wink: Our ' Resident Patterning Experts', should be able to assist here. :P

takeaway
Club Player

Jaxons certainly seems to know more about the goings on at the club than most on here, and has been pretty negative about the club recently. Maybe he is right. I fail to see how he could know much detail about our presentation, let alone those done by other clubs. Probably be a second hand opinion.

Shiel would be well aware of where various clubs sit at the moment, and probably had an idea of which club(s) he favoured as soon moving was a remote option. Going by SEN, Saints made a reasonable pitch, including a separate approach by Roo. If Shiel is lured by a lear jet flight to Qld with all the Carlton heavies, or by Clarko and Hawthorn's recent record, then good on him.

As we will probably not be contending even with Shiel next year, I favour getting a 200 game player with pick 4, getting a reasonable pick next year (6-10)? and going hard at the many FAs available in 2019 & 2020. I think Shiel is not worth the extremely high cost. He is not Kelly or even Coniglio imo.

kaos theory
Club Player

jaxons wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 10:59am Most embarrassing football club at the moment.
Offering Shiel millions more than any other club and no chance of him coming.
No leadership and no one to sell our club properly.
If you knew the difference of our pitch versus the other clubs you would demand the immediate removal of all key figures at our club.
I've been saying this for 6 months. %100 agree.

its a disgrace that we have such an inept timid board, clueless president and the worst CEO in the game.

But we have a great coach - 5 years, no finals, 33% win rate, what more could you ask for?

I prey for a board challenge....