We are a laughing stock

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: We are a laughing stock

takeaway wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 2:13pm Fine to criticise, but people who feel the need to make up those sort of nicknames about someone who has most likely achieved far more in life than they have, are just demeaning themselves. None of them are even remotely funny, especially "the cho", if posters mean what I think they mean. Look it up.
Don’t feel I’m in any way demeaning myself. Feel I’m expressing my anger and frustration at the total lack of management accountability at the STKFC. Feel the criticism is warranted and not in any way gratuitous.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

As long as Shiel hasn't named his preference, then we're in the hunt.

If imminent Premierships are his priority, then he should choose to stay put at GWS who are far closer than any of his suitors. So its obviously not the be all and end all.

If its about Clarkson, then he'd only have him for 1 or 2 years before the baton is handed to Sam Mitchell. He'd also be on the optimistic side if he's confident Hawthorn will win a Premiership in the next 5 years. Look at how many of their players are over thirty! They're rebuilding well, but they've still got some work and there still aren't any guaranteed new Buddys, Rougheads, Cyrils or Hodges coming through. Carlton if not willing to trade Pick 1 or a player such as Kruezer, won't be able to do a deal with GWS.

No one laughs at the sort of offer we've made unless of course they're a garden variety d**khead.

By the way ITKs at Big Footy are suggesting that whilst our offer is huge, it has been inflated by the media.

They also suggest that Lethlean is hell bent on getting in a marquee player this year, so if we miss Shiel, there will be offers made to other players regardless of contract status.

Given the numbers we are offering for Shiel, albeit possibly exaggerated by the Press, there will be a few players around the League thinking "gee, I want a piece of that action".

Shiel has a big fat offer on the table from us, I have no doubt Lethlean has also given him a deadline for a response, Shiel won't want the offer withdrawn as we pursue someone else if he's still undecided or there is uncertainty in regard to other suitors' ability to deal with GWS.

Lethlean is playing this really smart.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

This thread isn’t going to age well if we land Shiel.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 1:36pm The vitriol directed at Alan is unfair and below the belt. Very poor form.

Sure, be critical of his performance in the correct manner if that is your opinion, but the vitriol and name calling is very ordinary and subpar.

Alan is was one of the best humans you will ever meet. Great guy and family man.
you can not protest & be upset by this while you stood by as one of your mates continuously sticks it to Hickey
a tad hypocritical???

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Myron Gaines wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 4:47pm This thread isn’t going to age well if we land Shiel.
I doubt very much he would be reading this thead
but pretty certain he will be weighing EXACTLY all of the points being raised here right now ( and perhaps a few more informed opinions as well)

Seeya
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 5:12pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 1:36pm The vitriol directed at Alan is unfair and below the belt. Very poor form.

Sure, be critical of his performance in the correct manner if that is your opinion, but the vitriol and name calling is very ordinary and subpar.

Alan is was one of the best humans you will ever meet. Great guy and family man.
you can not protest & be upset by this while you stood by as one of your mates continuously sticks it to Hickey
a tad hypocritical???
?
No idea what you're on about.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

vitriol
ˈvɪtrɪəl/Submit
noun
bitter criticism or malice.
"her mother's sudden gush of fury and vitriol"

Poor form. Personal character attacks is subpar in any matter when not warranted.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
damienc
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 4:13pm

“Directed at Alan”....like you’re his buddy.

“In the correct manner”......i.e if you agree with it.

You pulled the moral high ground card a few times when you were Parkey, so no surprise to find you’re still playing it.

The vitriol is directed at the behaviour and performance of St.Kilda FC employees. He could be a lovely bloke in person. Probably is. Probably a father and husband who does his best.

Doesn’t preclude him and rest of senior management from being fair game when they deliver such shyte and are clearly, IMO, totally avoiding the actual root of the problems with the team. When they start stepping up and demonstrating some accountability instead of pissing about shifting the deck chairs, then respect will arise and the tenor of commentary will change.
On the money with this. Well said.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints upbeat as clubs vie for Shiel
Liam Twomey

St Kilda are upbeat about their chances of signing GWS midfielder Dylan Shiel as the AFL star considers a return to his native Victoria.
Hawthorn are considered the frontrunners if Shiel decides to request a trade, with Carlton also in the running.
“We think we did a good job presenting the club in its best light and asking him how he can make the club better and what we can do for him and (partner) Georgie as St Kilda people for the rest of their lives,” Saints football manager Simon Lethlean told AFL Trade Radio.

lewdogs
Club Player

Apparently at the presentation Lethlean offered Shiel a drink, "tea, water, anything you want Dylan, we've got it!"

Anyway Dylan asked for a coke, but they didn't have any and all the staff had gone off on break, so Lethlean ducks off to 7-11 to grab some but got lost and couldn't find his way back to Moorabbin for ages (left his phone in the meeting room).

Anyway they left Shiel with this intern who got all starstruck and awkwardly asked Dylan to sign his Saints membership 2017 hat. It was a really awkward moment but Dylan obliged, but then the intern says he'll get the papers for him to sign then as well, it was meant to be a joke but it bombed.

So by the time Lethlean got back Dylan had left! Rooey arrives just at that moment having been given the wrong starting time for the meeting!

Absolute shambles.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Seriously, we been the AFL's basket case for most of our history apart from a few very short periods where we seemed to have got our act together. Weve always been the laughing stock.

Right now, we are where we have been for most of our history - near the foot of the ladder without a lot of indicators to suggest we are going to make a leap into finals contention. We are probably second favourite behind the Suns to "win" the wooden spoon next year.

Lethlean , who it appears nobody else in the AFL industry wants to touch, seems to have resigned himself to the fact that the only way he will get a CEO or senior sports industry gig, is to pull us back up the ladder. So now, he is scratching and biting and doing everything in his power to make us a better club. He looks like he is learning along the way - so he is going to get some things right, and miss the mark on others.

Personally, I have warmed to him because you can see he is having a red hot go. I posted earlier this year that I thought we are on the verge of spiralling into a death loop that only AFL intervention can get us out of if 2019 is another season like 2018. I actually think he is giving me some hope that we can get to 8-10 wins next year which might be enough to stop the slide into the death spiral.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 4:47pm This thread isn’t going to age well if we land Shiel.
I reckon 33% of the "impressions" (still chuckle at that St Byron) in this thread must be giving Jaxon a dead-set belly laugh, I can't see any other explanation for a self proclaimed ITK to discredit himself so blatantly...hang on!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 7:15pm
I reckon 33% of the "impressions" (still chuckle at that St Byron) in this thread must be giving Jaxon a dead-set belly laugh, I can't see any other explanation for a self proclaimed ITK to discredit himself so blatantly...hang on!
Nice that we give each other a laugh then. Am still ROFL at Richardson being a ״great leader”.

Just Google, “ Lethlean football department review” or similar. You will find various articles from around the time when Lethlean and Richardson presented to the board directly laying responsibility at the players feet. No senior accountability then, none now.
Am not revisiting this discussion with you. //

saint-stu
Club Player

lewdogs wrote:Apparently at the presentation Lethlean offered Shiel a drink, "tea, water, anything you want Dylan, we've got it!"

Anyway Dylan asked for a coke, but they didn't have any and all the staff had gone off on break, so Lethlean ducks off to 7-11 to grab some but got lost and couldn't find his way back to Moorabbin for ages (left his phone in the meeting room).

Anyway they left Shiel with this intern who got all starstruck and awkwardly asked Dylan to sign his Saints membership 2017 hat. It was a really awkward moment but Dylan obliged, but then the intern says he'll get the papers for him to sign then as well, it was meant to be a joke but it bombed.

So by the time Lethlean got back Dylan had left! Rooey arrives just at that moment having been given the wrong starting time for the meeting!

Absolute shambles.
That is embarassingly bad if true. But there's a few things about this story that make me think it's bulltish. Firstly, would AFL players drink coke? Secondly, if they didn't have it, just say so. And why the hell would Lethlean leave and not send the intern?

1ac46a38
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 7:48pm
Cairnsman wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 7:15pm
Nice that we give each other a laugh then. Am still ROFL at Richardson being a ״great leader”.

Just Google, “ Lethlean football department review” or similar. You will find various articles from around the time when Lethlean and Richardson presented to the board directly laying responsibility at the players feet. No senior accountability then, none now.
Am not revisiting this discussion with you. //
Absolutely agree, you've suffered enough embarrassment...insert emoji.

Whiskey
Club Player

saint-stu wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 7:58pm
lewdogs wrote:Apparently at the presentation Lethlean offered Shiel a drink, "tea, water, anything you want Dylan, we've got it!"

Absolute shambles.
That is embarassingly bad if true. But there's a few things about this story that make me think it's bulltish. Firstly, would AFL players drink coke? Secondly, if they didn't have it, just say so. And why the hell would Lethlean leave and not send the intern?

Ha ha ha

derby Street
Club Player

Absolute shambles.
And you even gave it some consideration. Wow.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 8:09pm

Absolute shambles.
And you even gave it some consideration. Wow.
I know, the internet is just one of the most fascinating man made creations. No wonder Trump sits up all night on Twitter, I would too if I could just type random and wildly unbelievable made up stuff on the internet that people will believe.

spert
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 6:56pm Apparently at the presentation Lethlean offered Shiel a drink, "tea, water, anything you want Dylan, we've got it!"

Absolute shambles.
Apparently Richo then burst out of the broom closet wearing a Batman costume, uttering the words :" To the Bat Cave Robin!...." then ran out the door with Dylan following behind..

wolfpup
Club Player

Absolute shambles.
lol

yeah and the meeting request said clothing optional so Lethlean was in his jocks during negotiations

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
lewdogs
Club Player

wolfpup wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 8:43pm

Absolute shambles.
lol

yeah and the meeting request said clothing optional so Lethlean was in his jocks during negotiations
You heard that too? It just gets worse.

stjohnc
Club Player

lewdogs wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 6:56pm Apparently at the presentation Lethlean offered Shiel a drink, "tea, water, anything you want Dylan, we've got it!"

Absolute shambles.
Yeah Right
Linton st has the pokies and a bar
The nearest 7 eleven is cnr Bluff and South rds about 2km away
there is a coles express 50m down the road

stjohnc
Club Player

Absolute shambles.
Yeah Right
Linton st has the pokies and a bar
The nearest 7 eleven is cnr Bluff and South rds about 2km away
there is a coles express 50m down the road

Buckets
SS Life Member

Absolute shambles.

So couldn't go to the Coles Express up the corner of South Rd? What a load of bulls*** that rumour is. Not only that but there is a bar on premises.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote: Thu 04 Oct 2018 9:21pm

Absolute shambles.

So couldn't go to the Coles Express up the corner of South Rd? What a load of bulls*** that rumour is. Not only that but there is a bar on premises.
People are posting on Lewdogs post like it WASN'T a piss take!! :lol: :lol:
Very rare for me to laugh out loud whilst seated at my computer, but I just did. And that was after I chuckled at Lewdogs intended joke/anecdote