Damian Barrett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Re: Damian Barrett

Steven asked Richardson whether the club was planning a rebuild. Good question considering he will be 29 early next year. Apparently Richardson said no rebuild - still aiming for premiership asap. All good.

summertime and the living is easy ........
shrodes
SS Life Member

Stuv is on my 2019 membership card, so it would be a bit of a marketing disaster if this went down

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 6:04pm Steven asked Richardson whether the club was planning a rebuild. Good question considering he will be 29 early next year. Apparently Richardson said no rebuild - still aiming for premiership asap. All good.
Imagine taking the cho's word when making a huge career decision... the guy has been selling snake oil like no other for years.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 5:54pm
sunsaint wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 5:25pm for those that vented their spleens and dumped on Barrett I hope you feel better now
but what you are "conveniently" forgetting is we have had threads on this before
JS had issues and concerns over the future and his future with the club
AR confirmed as much on foxtel 360
SO with blood in the water I have no doubt the sharks are circling linton st - and Barrett is only reporting as much
Lethlean can state JS is contracted and not going anywhere all he likes but honestly the free agency period might be a trigger point.
Yep, this! I don't like Barrett, Hutchy and their ilk. Sadly these blokes no longer report news for the sake of simply reporting. They try to become part of the news, try to project themselves into and endeavour to be media personalities.

If Jack doesn't want to be there he'll have plenty of suitors and we would get our pounds worth thanks to being contracted. If he stays and moves as a FA, where we sit now plus his four B&Fs and his salary should ensure a very high compo pick.

Only Jack & the Club know for sure. The rest is dressing for Barrett's profile. Barrett, like us on here, thrive on "I heard from a blah blah blah who spoke with a blah blah blah who knows blah blah blah and they say....
Lol, did you even read the post you were agreeing with GhostLike?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 6:04pm Steven asked Richardson whether the club was planning a rebuild. Good question considering he will be 29 early next year. Apparently Richardson said no rebuild - still aiming for premiership asap. All good.

Richo only got asked because the media where onto the conversation happening in the first place.

How do you think it got out? And who was in the room privy to the conversation taking place.

My assessment is that is was more than just a simple 'explanation'. If if was it wouldn't have been leaked.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I love the perspective of supporters on here.

‘Barrett hates the Saints.’
‘Hutchy hates the Saints.’
‘Caro hates the Saints.’
‘Robbo hates the Saints.’
‘King hates the Saints.’
‘Roos hates the Saints.’
Etc etc etc.

I’d love to here about which football media personalities don’t hate us! Lol

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 8:14pm I love the perspective of supporters on here.

‘Caro hates the Saints.’
‘King hates the Saints.’
‘Roos hates the Saints.’
Etc etc etc.

Dal, Joey and spud.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

So the big news story is that Jack asked some tough questions at his exit interview?
Is there any more to add to that story?

Wow, what a superstar is the pimple headed worrier! Sign us all a footy, you champ!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
supersaints2
Club Player

FWIW.... I'd like Jack to say I'm sticking it out with the Saints I'd like to finish my career here

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
supersaints2
Club Player

Just found Stuvs manager interview in trade radio ... Jacks not going anywhere

AFL agent Peter Lenton has provided an update on St Kilda star Jack Steven, stating that he will remain with the Saints in light of rumours linking him with a move to Geelong.
Steven, who grew up in Lorne, has been linked with a potential move to the Cats, and after a ‘different’ exit interview in which he requested answers about the direction of the club, there were questions as to whether he would stay with the Saints.

Lenton on NAB AFL Trade Radiohowever, stated Steven still has two years to go on his contract and said there are nothing to the Geelong rumours.

“Nothing’s really going on there,” said Lenton.
“To be honest, I have spoken to Stephen Wells about Jack, it was well publicised he had a different sort of exit interview at the club.
“He was pretty strong about where the club is going and wanted a couple of answers
“He’s been at the club a long time, he’s obviously just won his fourth best and fairest at the club and he’s got two years left to go on his contract.
“It’s not too difficult to figure out that there’s not going to be much movement there.”

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 2:36pm
Teflon wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 2:11pm
Spinner wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 1:18pm Lots of hate for Barrett on here but the details of the Steven meeting are coming out and its either from the Saints side or the Steven side....

I think he is on the money here... along with 99% of all the other reports he makes.

Don't hate the messenger. And the Steven noise was worrying before this sliding doors article anyways.
Rubbish

Rubbish? Nice contribution.

Care to inform me how Steven questioning the coach and the club in his exit meeting got out? Surely it wouldn't have come from St Kilda's channels unless we have a employee working against the best interests of the club.

Common sense I would have thought.

Most likely not to leave but keeping the head in the sand thinking there's nothing in it and it's made up is very weird.
He’s also come out since then saying he was satisfied with the answers he’s been given
Care to inform us all how that suddenly means Barret has any credible mail that he wants to leave?
FWIW IMO IF Jack was b!tching and moaning behind the scenes I’d do the deal now and get something of value for a bloke who is 29; not elite and not going to be and who also do3nt want the leadership responsibilities
Get it done imo

“Yeah….nah””
damienc
Club Player

footyhead wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 11:02am Seems to be stirring the pot regarding Jack Steven. Is he repoeting things out of context or is there something in it? Saints are saying “zero chance” of leaving, Barrett suggesting Jack is “not happy”. Is that he is not happy with how we went this year or not happy with the Saints and wants out! If it’s he wants out that is disapointing if it’s he’s not happy with the year and wants to improve, I say he is not the only one and Damian Barrett needs to be called on dodgy reporting for a headline.
I don’t believe Jack is going anywhere but.....JS isn’t happy with the on field direction the club has been taking.

He’s not alone.

So is just about every person on this forum.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 10:07pm
footyhead wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 11:02am Seems to be stirring the pot regarding Jack Steven. Is he repoeting things out of context or is there something in it? Saints are saying “zero chance” of leaving, Barrett suggesting Jack is “not happy”. Is that he is not happy with how we went this year or not happy with the Saints and wants out! If it’s he wants out that is disapointing if it’s he’s not happy with the year and wants to improve, I say he is not the only one and Damian Barrett needs to be called on dodgy reporting for a headline.
I don’t believe Jack is going anywhere but.....JS isn’t happy with the on field direction the club has been taking.

He’s not alone.

So is just about every person on this forum.
I’m sure Jackie-boy will be much happier we have a new coach

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 9:04pm
Spinner wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 1:18pm Lots of hate for Barrett on here but the details of the Steven meeting are coming out and its either from the Saints side or the Steven side....

I think he is on the money here... along with 99% of all the other reports he makes.

Don't hate the messenger. And the Steven noise was worrying before this sliding doors article anyways.
Rubbish

Care to inform me how Steven questioning the coach and the club in his exit meeting got out? Surely it wouldn't have come from St Kilda's channels unless we have a employee working against the best interests of the club.

Most likely not to leave but keeping the head in the sand thinking there's nothing in it and it's made up is very weird.
He’s also come out since then saying he was satisfied with the answers he’s been given
Care to inform us all how that suddenly means Barret has any credible mail that he wants to leave?
FWIW IMO IF Jack was b!tching and moaning behind the scenes I’d do the deal now and get something of value for a bloke who is 29; not elite and not going to be and who also do3nt want the leadership responsibilities
Get it done imo
Jack Steven was a candidate when we appointed Jarryn Geary captain and disappointed to miss out.

derby Street
Club Player

Hemi Baxter wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 10:54pm
Teflon wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 9:04pm

Rubbish

Get it done imo
Jack Steven was a candidate when we appointed Jarryn Geary captain and disappointed to miss out.
Rot. Jack has never expressed any burning desire for leadership roles- in fact he has expressed that is an area that he needs to improve.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

He was a candidate, that’s a fact.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

You may also wonder why, if he has no interest in ‘leadership roles’ he’s in the club’s leadership group.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 11:22pm You may also wonder why, if he has no interest in ‘leadership roles’ he’s in the club’s leadership group.
He was asked to last year by his teammates

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 7:26pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 5:54pm
sunsaint wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 5:25pm for those that vented their spleens and dumped on Barrett I hope you feel better now
but what you are "conveniently" forgetting is we have had threads on this before
JS had issues and concerns over the future and his future with the club
AR confirmed as much on foxtel 360
SO with blood in the water I have no doubt the sharks are circling linton st - and Barrett is only reporting as much
Lethlean can state JS is contracted and not going anywhere all he likes but honestly the free agency period might be a trigger point.
Yep, this! I don't like Barrett, Hutchy and their ilk. Sadly these blokes no longer report news for the sake of simply reporting. They try to become part of the news, try to project themselves into and endeavour to be media personalities.

If Jack doesn't want to be there he'll have plenty of suitors and we would get our pounds worth thanks to being contracted. If he stays and moves as a FA, where we sit now plus his four B&Fs and his salary should ensure a very high compo pick.

Only Jack & the Club know for sure. The rest is dressing for Barrett's profile. Barrett, like us on here, thrive on "I heard from a blah blah blah who spoke with a blah blah blah who knows blah blah blah and they say....
Lol, did you even read the post you were agreeing with GhostLike?
Good point Spinner 👍 Probably should have dissected it. I do agree with what I wrote though, otherwise I'd be a complete idiot. Cheers

older saint
SS Life Member

Barrett is a flog and the dempster thing then taking credit for breaking the story the next week supports this, however Steven clearly not happy with things ( wonder if it is the same things many here have mentioned all year), but with a 2 year contract to run unless Carlton roll up with pick 1 he aint moving.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Barret is an AFL football journalist. Enough said.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 06 Oct 2018 11:19am Barret is an AFL football journalist. Enough said.
Actually, he's just a gossip columnist. A poor mans Robbo.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Sat 06 Oct 2018 9:49am Barrett is a flog and the dempster thing then taking credit for breaking the story the next week supports this, however Steven clearly not happy with things ( wonder if it is the same things many here have mentioned all year), but with a 2 year contract to run unless Carlton roll up with pick 1 he aint moving.
Lol he then tried tried to suggest Dempster had issues with the club AFTER he’d taken up a coaching/development role with the club...,hardly had issues ...Barrett just makes Shyte up

No doubt Steven not happy - if he keeps whingeing just trade him FFS - we are 5 years off anything, he can’t hit a target , is not Robert Harvey and at 29 will only get slower. Do a Sydney Hannerbury thing and Trade while he has value for a Rd 1 pick

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 05 Oct 2018 8:14pm I love the perspective of supporters on here.

‘Caro hates the Saints.’
‘King hates the Saints.’
‘Roos hates the Saints.’
Etc etc etc.

King also hates Hot Dog vendors and Holiday homes in Bright, he does however, like a DRINK before he drives.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

FWIW, I'd be dirty if I'd won 4 B&Fs or whatever at a club, and I kept hearing about these million dollar offers being thrown at anyone who's uncontracted from another club.

Show ME the money.