the view from the bridge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Re: the view from the bridge

Opinions are like arseholes, there's a lot of opinions out there!

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 4:48pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 3:11pm
I didn't vote for Footy First, I was happy with Butters, didn't give a cracker about his private life. You on the other hand appear obsessed with Lethlean's private life. Was it your wife he had the affair with?

The reason 8,000 members endorsed Footy First by text message, was because they were over excited by us missing the Finals in 2007 and they thought Ross Lyon was a crap Coach taking us nowhere! Angry and over excited, just like you now.

Never leads to intelligent decision making.
Good post and you're right!
Venting frustrations!
I was pissed off when Freeman had to wait to get a game!
I was pissed off when he got dropped after having almost 40 possessions in a game and a half of football!
I am very pissed off that he was delisted and particularly so after investing three years in him and when he starts to get his body right he gets delisted.
SERIOUSLY!
I would redraft him with a late pick if he is not already selected!
I know it would make them look foolish but it's a bit late for that now!
Daniel Menzel, seriously, they were looking at Daniel Menzel... thankfully he played an absolute shocker and stuffed up big time with that selfish moment where he didn't do the Joe the goose in their last finals game.

I'll express this much as the snake oil the club is spinning is way too frustrating and annoying... it's clear as day they are fumbling around in the dark right now in a state of desperation with the football department at risk of making decisions which will delay for five years to a decade... or possibly deny forevermore any chance this club has of ever winning a premiership as St.Kilda Football Club as opposed to somewhere in a map of Tasmania.

Nick Riewoldt on the board ASAP and this will only happen once Richardson is no longer there.
Nick Riewoldt has one of the smartest football brains in the country and having him on the board would help to right the ship. Offer him the coaching role if he wants it, just get him in there in whatever capacity he chooses. Personally I'd like to see either Luke Beveridge, Lenny Hayes or Nick Riewoldt appointed as coach and I know this might sound a bit left field but I had this dream and in the dream it was Nirvana, oh Nevermind!
Might as well get Nick Dal Santo and Joey Montagna on board, in assistant coaching capacities if they're interested and bring
some FUN
into the place.
Anyway I said my piece so I'll just leave it at that, shut up and go away.
You want fun, have nominated all those ex-players but left out Milne and Everitt!!!

Surely proof you're not a true Saint!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 4:54pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 4:51pm
st.byron wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:45pm
derby Street wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:31pm
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:22pm Are you people delusional?
The only reason Leathlean made his way to St.Kilda is because he cheated on his wife and he was sent here to resurrect his corporate career! He has never headed a football department ever before.
Gallagher after working for 12 years in the finance industry and 8 years as a banker is now list manager after having never been involved in list management ever before.

The delisting of Freeman and Goddard is off the charts in mind-blowing stupidity.
The club is in the mess it's in, in part because of sycophantic muppets who follow like mindless automatons bereft of independent thought.

I never voted for Footy First and their idiotic agenda to take the club to Seaford!
Please do let me know if any of you can say the same??????????
Fascinating - keep it going, it won't be long. On a serious note - are you OK?
Kind of reminds me of Barks4eva
God please no
Now I've got to decide whether to change my nic to Sycophantic Muppet or Mindless Automaton.
Easily the worst ever period of SS minus when the site kept crashing.

Topic - should we play Kosi in the backline more?
Barks - we wouldn’t need more backline support if GT played Rix in the ruck and got us hitouts to advantage - cut and paste excerpt about how we lost the hitouts in one game against Geelong (but ironically won the hitouts to advantage and had more scoring shots)... post after post... thread after thread.

We lost so many good forumites in that era and pretty much all the opposition forumites that used to respectfully grace this forum

Say what you will about the moderating... if Simon was in charge then, he would have shut that down after a week rather than the year it dragged on for.

To the top
SS Life Member

There is no doubt the Club has a raft of problems - including financially

And these problems include and are exacerbated by an absence of on field success and an absence of spectator appeal

I also am perplexed as to why Freeman and Goddard did not have their Contracts extended for at least 2019 given their histories and that they were playing regularly as 2018 progressed

The next issue is Hickey and reports of him being traded to West Coast - incidentally the Premier Club

Leaving St Kilda with 2 lumbering ruckman - one on the back of one reasonable game followed by a series of poor games emphasising why he was at Frankston and the other unable to catch the ball, so both liabilities

The mind boggles

But this is consistent with Geary being Captain and certain other selections

The players I refer to will not improve St Kilda - and only see the Club continue to languish as ordinary, if not very ordinary

The pity of this is that I also view that we have players with potential - including some who ar pilloried on this site and some who are lauded over my assessment - by example I view Gresham as clever but not quick hence limitations including as a small forward in today’s football where pace equates to pressure

Whilst I have questions as fundamental as these I do acknowledge that time should be afforded to the incoming President, Lathlean who is just getting his feet under the desk and Gallagher who has now been in the job for just 4 weeks

I trust their views more align with mine in regards who, what, which and how

Because the Club can not continue on its current trend - which, unfortunately, is its history

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

prwilkinson wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:53pm I certainly hope the new staff usher in a better era on the field, because the severe debt the club currently finds itself in really is looming large on the horizon.

I mean, after asking members, supporters and benefactors for money to get back to Moorabbin, when is it acceptable to go back to the entire supporter base with the hat out asking for more money for a debt demolition? Surely this conundrum has been discussed at board level.

I said to my better half the other night that if I’d won the $100 million powerball I would have gone to the Saints with a cheque for $13 million the following week. I was in the bad books for thinking about the club before thinking about her.... hehe. I really would have done it too... Don’t underestimate how much I love the St Kilda footy Club.

But when can the club ask for more financial help?
Wrong.
All First Div prizes are only paid 14 days after the draw date.
You couldn't possibly get a bank cheque a week later.
You'd need the $ in your account, cleared, before you can
get a bank cheque.
And the lottery mob won't hand it over until you sit with their financial adviser
so you don't go buying a classic V8 1984 Brock Racing Commodore at auction, or a self-destructing 'Banksy'
painting at Sotheby's.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 2:04am
prwilkinson wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 2:53pm I certainly hope the new staff usher in a better era on the field, because the severe debt the club currently finds itself in really is looming large on the horizon.

I mean, after asking members, supporters and benefactors for money to get back to Moorabbin, when is it acceptable to go back to the entire supporter base with the hat out asking for more money for a debt demolition? Surely this conundrum has been discussed at board level.

I said to my better half the other night that if I’d won the $100 million powerball I would have gone to the Saints with a cheque for $13 million the following week. I was in the bad books for thinking about the club before thinking about her.... hehe. I really would have done it too... Don’t underestimate how much I love the St Kilda footy Club.

Wrong.
All First Div prizes are only paid 14 days after the draw date.
You couldn't possibly get a bank cheque a week later.
You'd need the $ in your account, cleared, before you can
get a bank cheque.
And the lottery mob won't hand it over until you sit with their financial adviser
so you don't go buying a classic V8 1984 Brock Racing Commodore at auction, or a self-destructing 'Banksy'
painting at Sotheby's.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I suppose I would wait 14 days, sit with their advisor and then write the cheque.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

andrew

:)

my antfarm has issues
can they smell the dead animal i ingested for lunch
do they understand the relationship between trees , grass and cows
are my ants smarter than jellyfish

i've missed you

do u still use the string 'n a brick
are u suprised by the colour it turns

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 9:01am andrew

:)

my antfarm has issues
can they smell the dead animal i ingested for lunch
do they understand the relationship between trees , grass and cows
are my ants smarter than jellyfish

i've missed you

do u still use the string 'n a brick
are u suprised by the colour it turns
Yes, let's roast an ox for Andy!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ListManager
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 3:04pm

The club won't go broke, it is merely a cost centre of the AFL so our debt will always be underwritten by the AFL. All AFL clubs are part of one big factory making different widgets for a bigger mechanism. If you lose one widget the mechanism doesn't work.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The AFL would love it if a Victorian club fell over. If St Kilda's debt hits $20 Million I can honestly see the AFL forcing St Kilda to relocate to Tasmania. Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!!

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Right...the AFL, Vic government and St Kilda just invested 10's of millions into Moorabbin...and us and the AFL would relocate. Also a club that also 45k members in a non finals year that hasn't played finals since 2011.

Please stop this relocation/folding nonsense. Just imagine when Moorabbin is actually completed and we start playing finals again.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
brewski
Club Player

Why is it when someone voices their opinion here and its "anti-establishment" they are branded as a troll, i think the real trolls here are the ones that are happy to keep Richardson on, as you clearly don't give a flying f*ck about my club.

Banned by the censors
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

The afl will always underwrite Stkilda and prop them up.
They need us because of the tv rights deal.
They also need a vic club to travel to all the interstate clubs every year.
They also know that we wont bite the hand that feeds them so we just cop it.
As a business we will always be the minnow club dreaming of something that may never be.
Until we start winning premierships and being self funded we will always run the same loop of not being good enough or some dirt will come out to bring us down.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

ROLS-LEE wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:58am The afl will always underwrite Stkilda and prop them up.
As a business we will always be the minnow club dreaming of something that may never be.
Until we start winning premierships and being self funded we will always run the same loop of not being good enough or some dirt will come out to bring us down.
Yep, who the f**k wants their club to be like that. Just a shell club in colours only owned by the competition.

So I ask, when is it acceptable for the club to go to it’s supporter base again for a debt demolition?

ListManager
Club Player

ListManager wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 12:41pm This is the friggen idiot who decided to get rid of Freeman and Goddard just when they got their bodies right. And now we have to fill their spots on the list with picks 400 and 450 in the National Draft. Good onya f***wit.

<warning for abuse of Saints official>
I got a warning for this? Are you serious?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

ListManager wrote: Sat 13 Oct 2018 12:26pm
ListManager wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 12:41pm This is the friggen idiot who decided to get rid of Freeman and Goddard just when they got their bodies right. And now we have to fill their spots on the list with picks 400 and 450 in the National Draft. Good onya f***wit.

I got a warning for this? Are you serious?
Yes. Please refer to the fan forum rules re posting.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93258

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

The only reason Leathlean made his way to St.Kilda is because he cheated on his wife and he was sent here to resurrect his corporate career! He has never headed a football department ever before.
Gallagher after working for 12 years in the finance industry and 8 years as a banker is now list manager after having never been involved in list management ever before.

The delisting of Freeman and Goddard is off the charts in mind-blowing stupidity.
The club is in the mess it's in, in part because of sycophantic muppets who follow like mindless automatons bereft of independent thought.

I never voted for Footy First and their idiotic agenda to take the club to Seaford!
yep, look at the other 17 clubs clamoring over themselves to sign Goddard and Freeman. If you had ever bothered to turn up to a Sandy game to watch Goddard you would see that he was completely done, cannot jump, cannot run has the turning circle of the titanic. Freeman unfortunately has completely lost pace and agility and can't kick further than 40 metres, to his credit he turned himself into a reasonable inside mid, but we have plenty of those.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Imagine if you had $300M like our president
Apparently an ardent passionate Saints person

until, I guess, it gets to comparing the length of his arms compared to the depth of his pockets
and that being pres is more about a personal "brand" PR exercise than delivering anything of value to the club

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sat 13 Oct 2018 6:48pm

yep, look at the other 17 clubs clamoring over themselves to sign Goddard and Freeman. If you had ever bothered to turn up to a Sandy game to watch Goddard you would see that he was completely done, cannot jump, cannot run has the turning circle of the titanic. Freeman unfortunately has completely lost pace and agility and can't kick further than 40 metres, to his credit he turned himself into a reasonable inside mid, but we have plenty of those.
Correct. So called supporters will trash the club at any moment. Do this or don't do that, it will be wrong.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
ListManager
Club Player

This is a joke right?

derby Street
Club Player

ListManager wrote: Thu 27 Dec 2018 6:33pm

This is a joke right?
Why don't you do it a couple more times and see if it is a joke.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ListManager wrote: Thu 27 Dec 2018 6:33pm

This is a joke right?
I thought it was funny

longtimesaint
Club Player

The original post was a joke as Freeman was cooked and Goddard is too slow and was never going to make it at AFL level.

One year will be our year
ListManager
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 7:25am
ROLS-LEE wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 5:58am The afl will always underwrite Stkilda and prop them up.
Yep, who the f**k wants their club to be like that. Just a shell club in colours only owned by the competition.

So I ask, when is it acceptable for the club to go to it’s supporter base again for a debt demolition?
Good question prwilkinson. The answer is right now. The debt demolition should start right now. We are $12 Mill in the red and if we have a bad 2019 that could rise to $14 Mill. The AFL will not keep us afloat for ever. Plus we need to find another $5 Mill for the Aquatic centre and the AFLW wing. Where will we get this money from? China is a good start but we need to somehow fast track New Zealand and get that up and running as soon as possible. One game in China and 1 game in New Zealand is a must to bring in the money. Then we should go to the supporters and try to raise at least $2 Mill to put towards the next build phase. These are desperate times but most on here have their head in the sand.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 3:46pm Right...the AFL, Vic government and St Kilda just invested 10's of millions into Moorabbin...and us and the AFL would relocate. Also a club that also 45k members in a non finals year that hasn't played finals since 2011.

Please stop this relocation/folding nonsense. Just imagine when Moorabbin is actually completed and we start playing finals again.
That money was invested into redeveloping the Moorabbin ground, not into the club itself.

Financially, having a brand spanking new grandstand at Moorabbin will mean nothing to the creditors if the club's debt continues to mount, except for its possible liquidation value.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone say...Kim Wilde?