BLOODY-SCUM-SUCKING-ESSENDON

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: BLOODY-SCUM-SUCKING-ESSENDON

damienc wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 3:23pm

Besides, Hawthorn and Carlton were way ahead of us in terms of being able to land him. And that really is the point.

We should be seriously upset and worried that no A graders want to play for us. Not Shiel not Gaff ,not anyone. Doesn't matter how much money we were prepared to throw at them. Says it all really. And Hanners is way past his best.

Makes we wonder what our existing playing group really thinks of the club.

The word is out and the club needs to take a long, hard objective look at itself in every way. We are going backwards not forwards.
I think that's a bit of an overreaction.

The only A Graders that have left their clubs have gone to clubs that are either right in the 'premiership window' or play blockbusters at the MCG every second week.

No matter how the clubs looks at itself, they will never be able to offer that. The AFL simply isn't structured that way.

We're attracting players.

Tommyj
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 2:31pm I hate that club more than just about anything. Of course they were going to cut into our lunch.

Only they could be revived so quickly after being caught cheating. If it's not drugs, they're cheating the cap. Now they seem to have squeezed Shiel in there.

I really didn't want them to get Shiel, but now all their arsehole supporters are rubbing it in our faces. There's no parity in this damn competition.
Calm down. We were never in the race to get Shiel. Quite frankly it isn't a bad thing to have missed out considering we were offering way more than he was worth. And we get to keep pick 4.

To be paying Shiel $1.3 mill you'd want to be guaranteed of winning a premiership. Shiel was never going to do that for us. We need more than him.

Besides, Hawthorn and Carlton were way ahead of us in terms of being able to land him. And that really is the point.

We should be seriously upset and worried that no A graders want to play for us. Not Shiel not Gaff ,not anyone. Doesn't matter how much money we were prepared to throw at them. Says it all really. And Hanners is way past his best.

The word is out and the club needs to take a long, hard objective look at itself in every way. We are going backwards not forwards.
Well mate if our existing playing group played with some balls then they would have would have something to think about they put us in this position

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Friends of our family have a son who is on the Bombers list. Last summer I had a long chat with his dad about the bombers, their program and their facilities. I was blown away at the opulence he described down there and was left wondering how the hell aren't they playing finals?? It literally is fully laid on.

Now I'm not sure what our program is like and I don't really know how good or otherwise our facilities are at Moorabin. But I would hazard a guess that they're not in the same ball park. Let alone the amount of physios, sports trainers, chefs, IT experts etc etc that are on hand.

I would imagine that every time we try and pitch our club against these big boys who have the same salary cap as us, but that's where the parity ends, is depressing to say the least. We can't even offer a history of success. Hate to say it but if I was completely objective and had no feeling twds any club and I had an 18 year old son. I can't see why I would be directing him twds the Saints. Not when he can go to an Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond or Hawks who have everything laid on. If I was an established star the choice is even easier. I want the best opportunity to thrive in my chosen sport. Money is just one factor. And when you're almost guaranteed to be rich at the end of your career regardless, then money becomes a much far smaller consideration.

We simply have to develop our players better. I'm at a loss why this isn't occurring, especially as this was the main reason we got Richo in the first place.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

cheats never prosper

unless...

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The problem is us, not them.

This just further highlights the incompetence that has been going on (and appears to still be) at the club the last few years.

Wake up.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Wonder what his partner is getting.

Seriously, how will her career, whatever it is, be advanced as part of the deal.

If you honestly think that the playing contract is the full package you are kidding yourself.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

We can't compete with money or facilities so we have to develop fierce loyalty and a brother-in-arms attitude.

The sort of thing GT, love him or hate him, managed to do.

Unfortunately the current coach and CEO seem manifestly inadequate for the task.

guitars4
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 10:11pm The problem is us, not them.

This just further highlights the incompetence that has been going on (and appears to still be) at the club the last few years.

Wake up.
Have to agree I'm feeling really flat knowing that Essenddon is a preferred destination after everything they have done. We are our own worst enemy we are so bad at running a football club you can actually see why we can't attract any big signings . We offered way overs for Shiel & he still could't be tempted .Some are saying it's a good thing as we will have more to spend next year to get an even bigger fish but the reality is that won't happen until the club gets its act together .

kalsaint
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 2:31pm I hate that club more than just about anything. Of course they were going to cut into our lunch.

Only they could be revived so quickly after being caught cheating. If it's not drugs, they're cheating the cap. Now they seem to have squeezed Shiel in there.

I really didn't want them to get Shiel, but now all their arsehole supporters are rubbing it in our faces. There's no parity in this damn competition.
Calm down. We were never in the race to get Shiel. Quite frankly it isn't a bad thing to have missed out considering we were offering way more than he was worth. And we get to keep pick 4.

To be paying Shiel $1.3 mill you'd want to be guaranteed of winning a premiership. Shiel was never going to do that for us. We need more than him.

I agree that were never in this race. It was too much and non sensical given Shiels own remarks about the Saints only about 3-4 years ago. He was clearly not a fan then and I doubt he changed his mind after seeing our demise recently. Nothing there to change his mind in my opinion but I'm pleased as we seemed happy to pay overs for this bloke.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
footyhead
Club Player

The Bombers are that dodgy club. They seem to always win even when they get caught. We just have to suck it up and when/if we win it’s been done through hard work. Scumbags.... money talks!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Yes sheil chose them and yes they are a big old money club but recently successful they are not.
They haven't won a final for 14 years and not contended for 16.
Facilities are one thing the right people are another.
In today's environment they are not successful, Shiel not choosing hawthorn has me perplexed?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 10:24pm Wonder what his partner is getting.

Seriously, how will her career, whatever it is, be advanced as part of the deal.

If you honestly think that the playing contract is the full package you are kidding yourself.

BINGO!
I don't for one second believe the BS that he chose Essendon and gave up hundreds of thousands of dollars per season.
Look at who's involved here.
Essendon who were salary cap cheats before they were 'supplements' cheats
Shiel's management has a track record of never accepting less.

Seriously the football world is being sold a big pile of horseshit about this deal, IMHO
It's as big a load of rubbish as the 'Judd touring prospective clubs' story was - he had already committed to Carlton before that circus even started, as I was told by a Carlton insider at the time. (The same insider told me they had agreed to terms with Kosi's management predicated on Judd not coming as they didn't have the money for both)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

One good thing about Shiel choosing Essendon - GWS have the 'whip hand' with Dildoro on trying to do a deal.
if history is a good lesson then this should be a great argument to watch.

spert
Saintsational Legend

There is the matter of Karma..it all comes back to bite when least expected.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

No one is buying the bulls*** line he gave up 500k a year to go to Essendon.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

footyhead wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 5:42am The Bombers are that dodgy club. They seem to always win even when they get caught. We just have to suck it up and when/if we win it’s been done through hard work. Scumbags.... money talks!
Not sure they always seem to win, they haven't won a final in over 5000 days.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I reckon his manager Paul Connors, wonderful bloke that he is, would be very happy with him taking 500k less per year.

Yeah....

Right.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

A leopard doesn't change its spots.
If what I suspect is true, that the money Shiel agreed to is nowhere near 500k per season less than what others were offering, what is the reasoning behind putting out the story that he has accepted that much less?

Is Essendon in a better 'Premiership Window' than GWS? I don't think so and therefore that couldn't be the reason for Shiel moving to them.

I'm struggling to recall a single player moving to another club for a much smaller contract than what he was currently on or was being offered by others (especially a Paul Connors client).

So there has to be either ;-
another reason
or
the money being talked about is wrong.

The only reason I can come up with is that Essendon doesn't want the true amount known.
that would mean there is a salary cap issue surrounding this.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Tinfoil hat time.

Tinfoil hat.....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 9:08am Tinfoil hat time.

Tinfoil hat.....
Maybe, but I smell a rat.
This is Essendon and we've seen the way they operate numerous times.
After getting caught rorting the salary cap they moved on to a different version of rorting - supplements.
Do you honestly believe they wouldn't try a new rort?
I don't.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I agree with you.

It does not make a lot of sense.

Moorabbin facilities are comparable. Or at least they will be shortly. That is no longer an excuse.

That club is capable of anything. They have already proven to hold the competition in complete contempt on several occasions.

I wouldn't put anything past them.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The mind boggles when you wonder how much money Paul Little must have spent on PR, spin doctors, lawyers etc. etc. to direct attention away from the low acts going on at that club- it was in the millions no doubt.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Money would be close if not better no manager would get his client to sign on for 2 mill less.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
stonecold
SS Life Member

Salary cap problems @ Bummers now, look for some movement!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
derby Street
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 12:04pm Salary cap problems @ Bummers now, look for some movement!!!!!
They did move Goddard out but reckon they might still have to clear some more space.